Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 14:13   #496
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Honda has very less dealers in Tamil Nadu and the southern part gets only 2 dealers - Sundaram Honda in Madurai and Southern Honda in Tirunelveli. So each dealer will have to serve customers from at least 3 districts. But yes, one fact is the service there was much better than what the Bangalore dealers had to offer. The courtesy of the staff, the follow-ups was all much better than what the dealers in Bangalore had to offer. I came back thoroughly impressed.
No offence to the Bangalore crowd but I guess too much demand is creating a kind of scenario where dealerships are taking customers for granted. On the other hand, places where demand is not as great (hence the lack of network), the service seems much better.

For a place like Hyderabad, where demand is decent yet not as heavy as in Bangalore, the service at Pride Honda is ok ok. Had visited Pride showroom in Madhapur, Hyderabad twice and came back unimpressed.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 15:17   #497

Quote:
For a place like Hyderabad, where demand is decent yet not as heavy as in Bangalore, the service at Pride Honda is ok ok. Had visited Pride showroom in Madhapur, Hyderabad twice and came back unimpressed.
At Pride Honda (Madhapur), it was a hit-and-miss for me. First time when I walked to the showroom the SA wasn't the friendliest (attitude about waiting for Jazz, no test drive car, etc). But my second time visit was a pleasure. We were confused between Honda City and Jazz and the person attending me made an effort to resolve all qualms (We first drove City, then Jazz, and then again City. All this while he was quite patient). He even took us to the stockyard located near Miyapur to show us the various colors in Jazz. Finally, we made the booking with Pride Honda for Jazz V MT today.
bmwfan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 17:07   #498
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Honda Jazz Petrol today, less said about dealer experience the better.

Dealer - Dakshin Honda - Hosur Road

We entered the showroom and started checking the display car, no one bothered to attend us, but could see many sales guys in white dress. None of them seems to be interested and there were just one customer other than us in the showroom.

We checked interior of top variant (display car), but wanted to see SV variant which was not available on display. There was another middle variant getting ready to get delivered, we just checked the seat fabric and rear seat under thigh support. They did not allow us to check in details (good - it belongs to some customer)

Filled the test drive form and took the car for a short spin. I found petrol engine power to be adequate for normal driving, but it can become painful in bumper to bumper traffic. It is not a deal breaker though. Interior plastics and fit and finish are average, could have been better. Did not like the touch screen ACC and touch screen stereo. AC is good and gear shifting is good too. Felt like driving a van than a hatchback.

Came back to the showroom and asked them if there is any SV variant in the yard. There was one and they allowed us to go and check it.

According to me petrol SV variant is the best VFM option, but it has following -ves

- No rear wiper and washer (they said wiper can be fitted but washer cannot be done)
- No adjustable head rest (rear)
- AC control knobs looks big, ugly and of low quality
- They could have given split rear seat if not magic seat in middle variants

Under thigh support in SV is OK for a person like me (5'6"), but can be difficult for people who is taller than 5'8".

Front seat back padding is bad in both seat configurations.

Kudos to the boy (assistant) who took us for test drive, he answered many of our questions. Battery was disconnected in display car but he got it connected in one car and explained few features. He took permission and accompanied us to the yard to check the SV variant. He also gave us over price list and brochure. He deserve a better job just for this attitude.

None of the sales guys were interested to attend us, they did not even take our contact details.

If I am in the market for a car I would take white petrol manual SV variant and do following modifications immediately after taking delivery.

1) Full black seat covers and steering wheel cover, extra padding for front seat back rest and rear fixed head rests.
2) Rear wiper fitment - and check the possibility of washer fitment.

I was a big fan of Urban Titanium colour until I saw Jazz in white. White looks really awesome.

Last edited by Latheesh : 31st July 2015 at 17:11.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 18:31   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan View Post
At Pride Honda (Madhapur), it was a hit-and-miss for me. First time when I walked to the showroom the SA wasn't the friendliest (attitude about waiting for Jazz, no test drive car, etc). But my second time visit was a pleasure. We were confused between Honda City and Jazz and the person attending me made an effort to resolve all qualms (We first drove City, then Jazz, and then again City. All this while he was quite patient). He even took us to the stockyard located near Miyapur to show us the various colors in Jazz. Finally, we made the booking with Pride Honda for Jazz V MT today.
Went to test drive the Jazz today at Pride Honda in Banjara Hills. There SA was completly un-interested in attanding to the customer. Got to test drive the car, but had to only go in the way pointed out by the SA. After test drive however I came back unimpressed with the car for mainly two reasons

1. Lack of outright power. The turbo lag I felt is quite evident
2. The suspension set up is quite hard and isn't suitable for my driving conditions
Old 31st July 2015, 19:02   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I was a big fan of Urban Titanium colour until I saw Jazz in white. White looks really awesome.
The Jazz looks amazingly good in White. I did get a chance to check both Tafeta White and Pearl White - The Pearl white looks stunning and is worth the extra money you pay for this metallic shade, and is a million times better than Tafeta White. For some reason, the Urban Titanium color looks pretty ordinary on the Jazz
Old 31st July 2015, 22:40   #501

I have booked the Jazz V IDTEC Orchid Pearl White and I expect to get the delivery next week as per the SA. I am very excited about the whole thing since this would be my first car. And More importantly this is my first post on Team BHP!

My history of driving has been as follows : Alto for Approximately 50000 Kms, a Swit Vdi for 10000 Kms and a i20 active for 1000 Kms.

Having read every review of Jazz from the last few months , If I am still putting all my money in the Jazz IDTEC, it comes with reasons .
The Pleasure of driving IDTEC is something I wish someone who owns it can respond. I was at impressed driving a Honda city IDTEC from Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty-Coimbtaore-Cochin. Its suits my kind of driving, the light touch of acceleration to speeds of 120 on highways, ease of climbing the Ghats and sedate driving in a city. More will follow...
Anooptp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 23:07   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Honda has very less dealers in Tamil Nadu and the southern part gets only 2 dealers - Sundaram Honda in Madurai and Southern Honda in Tirunelveli. So each dealer will have to serve customers from at least 3 districts. But yes, one fact is the service there was much better than what the Bangalore dealers had to offer. The courtesy of the staff, the follow-ups was all much better than what the dealers in Bangalore had to offer. I came back thoroughly impressed.
My experience is also the same as yours but with Sundaram Honda. They were very helpful when I visited them to check the Amaze when it was launched and that never changed during my visit to check the Jazz recently. I wanted to TD the CVT and Diesel variant but they had only the Petrol variant available. The SA took my details and contacted me again when they had the CVT available for TD. They offered to visit my place for the TD but I had to turn down politely as I came back to Bangalore.

Dealers in Bangalore are not bad always but if they are flooded with customers (especially before new launches) they tend to think that we customers are at their mercy.
Old 1st August 2015, 01:52   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
One reason could be specific cancellation. Some one cancelled at the last moment and hence they have an un-allocated car.Did they say a condition as to full payment has to be done in 5 days? They may be trying to find someone in the booking list who can make a quick payment.

Or in general the number of bookings is not as high as expected and hence the supply is equal to the demand or there have been mass cancellations. I consider this unlikely, since it is only 15 days since you booked and the only main event that has happened is the Creta launch (Which is in a different segment all together)

The worst case scenario is that it is a car allotted for display or TD and the dealer is trying to sell it off.

I suggest you take a copy of the Team Bhp PDI list and carefully examine the car. Prior to that, ask for the VIN and confirm the month of manufacture.

Which dealer is this?

All the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
I agree that there isn't a strong reason for mass cancellations. It could just be a co-incidence.
Or the dealers are creating a false sense of demand by quoting a wait period. And when someone actually books, they come back within a short interval saying the car is allotted. The monthly sales figures for July/August should make it clear if the demand itself is low.

Just make sure you do an exhaustive PDI and think you should be good. And be elated more than concerned. The car has been recently launched. So cases of long lying inventory and periods of misuse should not really apply to the Jazz IMO.
Thanks for the advise. This is Dakshin Honda. I have just checked the VIN number given by the sales person. Its a June manufactured car, so I guess its a case of pre booking cancellation. Although I will visit the showroom, I am ok to wait and get a new car. Just wondering if its ok to take a June car. And yes the sales person did say that the loan can be arranged so car can be delivered in 5 days.

Should I wait or take it - honestly confused.
Old 1st August 2015, 08:29   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Thanks for the advise. This is Dakshin Honda. I have just checked the VIN number given by the sales person. Its a June manufactured car, so I guess its a case of pre booking cancellation. Although I will visit the showroom, I am ok to wait and get a new car. Just wondering if its ok to take a June car. And yes the sales person did say that the loan can be arranged so car can be delivered in 5 days.

Frankly, I don't think you need to worry so much..
Sometimes, that's the side effect of joining a forum like Team BHP
Just ensure you do a proper PDI and enjoy the car . One month old car is NOT an old car
adimicra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 08:43   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

June manufactured is not an issue at all. Just do a through pdi to ensure that the car is clean. Mainly look at the odo km run and any signs that it has been used as a TD or display vehicle. Ideally the vehicle should be in their yard. Ask to see it there itself.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 10:45   #506
BHPian

Quote:

You should be going for it as long as the PDI check fulfilles the requirement. As mentioned by fellow BHPians, insist to see the car in their yard if possible which might ease out confusion from your mind.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 16:22   #507

Quote:

June manufactured Jazz should not be a problem since VIN indicates the manufacturing completion date at the factory in Rajasthan. Add the logistics time to Dealer in Bangalore would have taken 15-20 days. I would have gone ahead rather than wait . Assuming that a July Manufactured car would be delivered only in August. Nothing like getting the PDI done for that added peace of mind. Congrats and Happy Driving.
Anooptp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 23:18   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan View Post
Glad your second visit paid off. For me, I was trying to sell my old i10 for a Jazz but the service on that process was also bad as they were not willing to make any payment till transfer is done and the vehicle is in my sister's name who is abroad. Hence, decided to get rid of the headaches by using my own agent for transfer of R/C to my name and trusting the service I would receive from Hyundai. I was right and my i20 purchase was a breeze. Makes you think how small things can take a sale away.

Last edited by classic86 : 1st August 2015 at 23:20.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 23:59   #509
BHPian

Honda shipped 6676 units of Jazz in July which means in total it has shipped 9012 units in the last 2 months.

Commenting on the company's sales performance, HCIL Senior Vice-President (Marketing & Sales) Jnaneswar Sen said the newly launched Jazz has received "a great consumer response".

Speaking on the company’s performance Mr. Jnaneswar said, “We are extremely delighted to receive a great consumer response for all new Jazz. We would like to thank our customers for the continuous support to all our models and are confident that we will continue to do well in respective segments.”

What is strange though is that Honda has so far abstained from sharing total bookings it has received for Jazz. They revealed this number immediately after launch of Amaze, City and Mobilio which kind of indicates that the demand can be lower than what Honda expected.

Honda Car India July 2015 sales
* Brio – 1122 units
* Amaze – 4589 units
* Jazz – 6676 units
* City – 5180 units
* Mobilio – 909 units
* CR-V – 130 units

It will be interesting to see if Honda can maintain sales volume of 6000 per month for Jazz over the next 6 months.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:53   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
It will be interesting to see if Honda can maintain sales volume of 6000 per month for Jazz over the next 6 months.
I am skeptical about it. Based on the experiences by others in this forum, it seems that the demand is not the same which Honda expected for the Jazz. It will be interesting if Honda comes up with offers/discounts for the hatch in the upcoming festive seasons.

Most Viewed