Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 13:05   #706
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Was all those things you got with the jazz free?
I would have felt extremely happy if they would have given atleast a Perfume or an small god idol for the dashboard.But they gave nothing other than a chocolate box + garland for the car + a small pooja delivery.Thats it.

I got the Mudflaps(Aprox INR 2k),Body cover(Aprox INR 1.5k) from Honda during 1st service.

Rest others from VV Decors OMR Chennai.
DieselTorq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:46   #707
BHPian

After a long deliberation, multiple readings of the team bhp reviews and endless test drives, we finally booked an Orchid white V CVT last week. Have been promised a delivery date within this month. Fingers crossed. Thank you Suhas and Vid for the wonderful review. Honestly in none of out test drives could we ever match the level of detail of observation that is covered in this review. We felt like we knew the car already before the test drive. Hats off to you guys. A special thanks to adimicra, your honest comments have been very valuable to us. Looking forward to a Jazzy journey ahead.
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 10:51   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
After a long deliberation, multiple readings of the team bhp reviews and endless test drives, we finally booked an Orchid white V CVT last week. Have been promised a delivery date within this month. Fingers crossed. Thank you Suhas and Vid for the wonderful review. Honestly in none of out test drives could we ever match the level of detail of observation that is covered in this review. We felt like we knew the car already before the test drive. Hats off to you guys. A special thanks to adimicra, your honest comments have been very valuable to us. Looking forward to a Jazzy journey ahead.
Congrats on your booking.
Did you notice the difference between Orchid White and Tafetta white ?

My VCVT has arrived today and mostly will take the delivery on the auspicious day of Gowri Pooja.
groom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 11:58   #709
BHPian

Orchid White: Has chips that Shine under sunlight (Like nail polish)
Taffeta White: Does not shine under sunlight (Normal paint glaze will be there)
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 12:24   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
Congrats on your booking.
Did you notice the difference between Orchid White and Tafetta white ?

My VCVT has arrived today and mostly will take the delivery on the auspicious day of Gowri Pooja.
First of all congratulations on your new car . Wish you many happy miles. As vishnurajanme has right has rightly said, orchid white pearl has sparkles and tends to reflect light better than taffeta white. Orchid white has a more bluish hue while taffeta is more yellowish or off white. It's difficult to explain the difference unless you get to see them side by side. I was fortunate enough to get to see both parked side by side in dealer stockyard. I don't have a picture to share but there is one post by GTO on the Honda city official review thread which has both Tafetta and orchid white city parked side by side. See the link below. Hope it helps.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3659260

Last edited by ampere : 11th September 2015 at 13:50.
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 12:42   #711
BHPian

Sorry if this is but just wanted to clear something about the pearl finish vs metallic finish vs normal finish. In fact Pearl and Metal finish are not same. Both finishes are obtained by adding certain additives to the normal paint.

Metallic finish: The additive is fine aluminium flakes. The aluminium flakes act as mirrors (reflectors) and while under sun, they shine and give a sparkling metallic finish.

Pearl finish: The additive is mica flakes. The mica flakes act as prism (refractors) and while under sun, they refract the light and give a polished finish. This is one reason why pearl finish sometimes looks different in different angles. Moreover pearl finish will not be shining and sparkling like the metallic finish but will have a classy finish and a velvetty hue over it.

Hope this helps.
Vigkey is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 15:53   #712
BHPian

Height of bargaining:

I called 5 dealers in kerala and informed them, I had already test drove the car under some other dealer. But still, I would love to purchase from them if they give me something free.

Vision Honda Pathanamthitta: Free Mats & Mudflaps (Booked my Jazz here)
Vision Honda Kottayam: Free Mats & Mudflaps
Vision Honda Thrissur: Free Mats & 3M Teflon coating (I guess wax polish)
Vivian Honda Cochin: Free Mats
Dealer 2 Cochin: Free Mats & Perfume

Just after 2 hours, called all these people from a different number. I told like this, ""I would like to book the All New Jazz. Are there any offers on the car?""

Dealers 1-5: Just the same answer. "Jazz is a new car. There are no offers saaarrrrrr"

This approach may be helpful for someone. So sharing. Also, have any single Jazz owner in this thread who have not paid the so called "Logistics & Handling Charges"

Please inform me.
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:53   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

I received a call from Whitefield Honda saying that they are expecting the next set of cars to arrive over the weekend and that it had a Carmelian Red V CVT. I wanted to see the car before making the payment and surprisingly at first they out right refused, then said it will be dirty etc since its in the stockyard and finally said I can check the car before paying. Of course I had to resort to some good old fashioned adamant behaviour and mild voice raising to get them to agree.

On further deliberation, we have decided to wait it out for the urban titanium (our first choice) which should be coming in next month at around the same time. So looks like someone who had the red as an option is going to get bumped up the line.
Old 12th September 2015, 09:49   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Tank full to full method = fuel used by the engine while running, and also all those fuel which got evaporated due to heat
ECU FE Indicator = Fuel used by the engine while running alone!
Seems logical but don't you think it is a lot. So for every 30 lts you fill that is 36km lost. For my traffic runs it is 10% loss. That is a lot of fuel being wasted.
What I have heard from some of my friends having new honda city that it is pretty accurate. That means honda has reduced the fuel wastage or corrected the meters. The first is what I am interested in.
So was wondering if we can get update on that from the new Jazz owners, or something from the old jazz owners or even may be even other manufacturers.
Old 13th September 2015, 09:06   #715
BHPian

Honda Jazz : Official Review

Honda sold 5404 units of Jazz in the month of August which is one of the major contributor to their overall monthly sales. It's only 1 unit behind City sales standing at 5405 in August. City sales I think have been impacted by the introduction of Creta and SCross which is evident in July and August as it used to hover around 6.5-7k units until June. Even Jazz sales dropped compared to July (6646).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html
That is understandable as July was the launch month and hence the higher sales.

Overall Honda sales dropped by 6.5% month on month compared to August last year. I guess they need to rethink their pricing strategy and may be spruce up some of their current offerings (brio, amaze, mobilio). Tough task ahead as the competition is getting stiffer with more models being released by MS, M&M, Ford by the end of the year.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ugust/48760421

Mods: Apologies if this has already been shared some where else in the forum.

Last edited by thatsdileep : 13th September 2015 at 09:07.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 17:07   #716
BHPian

Sorry If it's a dumb question. But it seems Jazz's bonnet area is smaller than any hatchback in the segment. That might be one of the reasons how they managed so much space inside of Jazz.

My question is, since Jazz's bonnet area is so small than other hatchbacks, will it have more chance of danger to its driver and co-passenger if it has collision on the front side of the car?
Old 13th September 2015, 17:33   #717
Senior - BHPian

Jazz is a very safe car though we don't have crash tests in India (so difficult to say with certainty but that applies to almost all cars sold in India).

But, nothing to worry about the design. It's a very successful global model and has done very well in several crash tests across the world. And I know personally a couple of cases where people had high speed accidents in the Jazz and all occupants were safe. So, don't worry!

The short bonnet results is pretty big dashboard and a H U G E windscreen (probably the biggest among all cars below 20 lacs) which gives the car it's unique shape.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 21:05   #718
BHPian

Btb, just wanted to point out something. Jazz was one among the cars to get banned in Azzam with the Swift, i10 etc.

I20 was not banned it seems.
Old 13th September 2015, 21:12   #719
BHPian

Hello to all.

I had a query with regards to operating the rear window defogger. Suppose the window is all fogged up from inside then approximately how much time does it take for the defogger to clear it up? And once the window has been defogged should I switch off the defogger, or leave it on for the duration of the drive? Incase I do leave it switched on by mistake, does it tend to drain the battery?

Faced a situation yesterday evening when I found all 6 windows to be completely fogged up. Since I have never used a defogger before I actually wiped all of them with a cloth.
Old 13th September 2015, 21:28   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Btb, just wanted to point out something. Jazz was one among the cars to get banned in Azzam with the Swift, i10 etc.

I20 was not banned it seems.
No Vishnu. If you read the judgement, it does not mention ANY car specifically. The car names were mentioned in media created headlines only. The judgement was primarily for all cars below 1500 kg and not tested for safety or failed safety tests. So it is applicable for all cars including Jazz and i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks