Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 19:59   #1951
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I'm surprised! That was one of their unique colours! And it really is a beauty in this shade..
That makes their palette a bit dull. 1 red, 2 grey, 2 white and 1 brown are the only options now.

So I guess it's just us 2 exclusives here so far :P
Yes. Actually, its very dull. Sunset Orange was the only unique color. Remaining are more or less darker shades and 2 pale shades of white. Unlike, in other countries, we have better color palette Amaze - Blue, Yellow (seen it in Singapore and Philippines) and Rally Red. Most common color seen in Honda is Carnellian Red, have easily spotted an average of 5 in a day (mostly Honda City).
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 14:23   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Finally booked a SV MT Petrol Urban Titanium with Capital Honda, Chennai. After a lot of haggling, SA said he would provide accessories worth 15k (although I doubt the cost would be that much). This includes Beige Seat covers (the VX black seat covers is designed for magic seats it seems), floor mats, mud flaps, Step light illumination.
Congratulations eyesice on your booking. I am a proud owner of SV MT myself. With regards to the black color seat cover (i dont like beige color), I have purchased it from Jeewajee car decors Nandanam at a very reasonable price. The cover fits perfectly and through Honda Buddy loyalty program I got rear spoilers fixed on my car. I am planning to get door grab handle scratch guard.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 07:35   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
through Honda Buddy loyalty program I got rear spoilers fixed on my car. I am planning to get door grab handle scratch guard.
Thanks MDED. Got delivery 10 days back and I have already done 800+ KMs . Btw can you explain what Honda Buddy Loyalty is? I couldn't find much information about its features on the internet.
Old 31st October 2016, 17:40   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
... Honda Buddy loyalty program I got rear spoilers fixed on my car. I am planning to get door grab handle scratch guard.
Can you phrase help Buddy Loyalty Program? My farther in law is about to book VX in a day or two. Can this program be of any help in buying the car?
Old 31st October 2016, 20:10   #1955
BHPian

How bad actually is the in-city driveability of petrol Jazz? Is it much worse than a Baleno? I've read here that one have to downshift to 1st if the speed drops below 30kph!

Last edited by Sebzgeo89 : 31st October 2016 at 20:14.
Old 31st October 2016, 21:06   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
How bad actually is the in-city driveability of petrol Jazz? Is it much worse than a Baleno? I've read here that one have to downshift to 1st if the speed drops below 30kph!
Haven't driven the Baleno, but yes, manual Jazz is painful to drive in B2B traffic. Needs frequent gearshifts between 1st and 2nd depending upon traffic. From standstill, we always need to use the 1st gear. However for speeds around 15-20, can apply 2nd, from 25-30 onwards, 3rd. Speed breakers in most cases can be tackled in 2nd gear itself.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 21:22   #1957
BHPian

Quote:

2nd gear can be used till 10kmph also, but dont expect the car to respond at that speed. 20-25 is what ill call fairly driveable in 2nd gear.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 23:43   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the thing is, the car will work just fine even in 3rd gear at 30kmph.
Problem is the acceleration. To get moving along if you slow down, you will absolutely *have* to downshift, and even then you won't get a lot of torque right off the line.

You have to carefully work it a bit.
It's not as low rev friendly as the Baleno.

Though I found this very annoying at the beginning, I have gotten used to it now. Have clocked 10k km in my car so far.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 01:54   #1959
Senior - BHPian

I'd like to know how many keys come with new Jazz VMT. Honda dealer in Jaipur is saying that only one key with remote and another simple key will come with new car.

We have booked Jazz VMT in Golden Brown color and expect the delivery in a day or two.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:40   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
I'd like to know how many keys come with new Jazz VMT. Honda dealer in Jaipur is saying that only one key with remote and another simple key will come with new car.
I remember in 2008 when I bought Corolla Altis dealer said the same thing but then everyone at team bhp told me that they should give 2 keys with remote and one simple key and the dealer actually gave 3 after persuing.

Is that same case with Honda or they just give 2 keys?
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:02   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
The dealership is right. One with remote, other a simple key.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 18:43   #1962
BHPian

Has anybody replaced the stock Air Filter of new Honda Jazz with K&N Air Filter? If yes, would appreciate if you could share the K&N model details. I tried searching, but unable to find the right model. Amazon has K&N 33-2422, but this is compatible only with the old Jazz. K&N site has a model search, but none of them matches with the size of the air filter in new Jazz. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay
Old 12th November 2016, 23:31   #1963
BHPian

Any S mt petrol owners here ? I want your feedback regarding the variant. How is braking without abs. Sv mt is too costly. Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Old 13th November 2016, 08:13   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Any S mt petrol owners here ? I want your feedback regarding the variant. How is braking without abs. Sv mt is too costly. Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Even though SMT doesn't have ABS on Petrol Version, I expect the Brakes to be good. Honda cars have good Brakes & our Brio is a fine example of that.

Are you considering this car (Jazz) ?, SMT has all the Basic Features that one needs, but I would suggest you to look at SV if you are ready to stretch a bit. There are discounts available but the Diesel has more. I will agree that this car is very pricey despite being a well engineered car. Petrol Manual is competitively priced but Automatic & Diesel are expensive.

Sad but True

SMT costs 7.41 lakhs OnRoad Hyderabad, while SV costs 8.06 lakhs.

For difference of 65k, you get following features

1. ABS + EBD
2. Dual Airbags
3 5" Integrated Audio with CD/USB/Aux/BT
4. Reverse Camera
5. Front Fog Lamps
6. Better Instrument Cluster
7. Map Lights

Last edited by CarguyNish : 13th November 2016 at 08:24.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 08:49   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Even though SMT doesn't have ABS on Petrol Version, I expect the Brakes to be good. Honda cars have good Brakes & our Brio is a fine example of that.

Are you considering this car (Jazz) ?, SMT has all the Basic Features that one needs, but I would suggest you to look at SV if you are ready to stretch a bit. There are discounts available but the Diesel has more. I will agree that this car is very pricey despite being a well engineered car. Petrol Manual is competitively priced but Automatic & Diesel are expensive.

Sad but True

Not finally decided. My budget was 6 then stretched it for the vxi option pack which is 6.8 (swift) now the jazz s variant is 7.6 on road and dealer offering a 20 k cash discount the offer is little mouth watering.

We are looking for a car that will last for 8 to 10 years and long time reliability and is very important. Having burnt my hands and pockets with a fiat earlier this is utmost important to me.

Our contenders and here are our observations post the test drives :

Baleno 1.2 delta petrol (7.2 lakh Otr)
Plus : 1. Spacious cabin
2. Airbags and abs equipped
3. Fuel efficiency &
5. It's a Maruti. Nothing can go wrong

Negatives :
1. Not confidence inspiring driving dynamics. Light weight of car has impacted the ride quality.
2.me and wife didn't like the rear seat comfort. Car was not handling pot holes and bad roads properly. We were being tossed all the time on such roads.
3. Crazy waiting time, 27 weeks !!!

Swift vxi (o) - 6.8 lakh otr

1. Peppy engine
2. Cheap to maintain
3. Safety features
4. Long term reliability

Negatives :
1. Very common. I have 3 swifts just in my colony lane.
2. Rear seat space
3. 45 plus waiting period. These dealers straight away discourage you for the optional variants.
4. Likely to be phased out next year.

Honda jazz S my P (7.7):
Positives :
1. Excellent space
2. Comfortable driver seats
3. Premium tag
4. Super silent engine
5. Excellent brakes
6. Ride quality better than baleno

Negatives :
1. No airbags or abs except the Honda Ace body structure
2. S variant comes with a basic instrument cluster unlike the upper variants
3. High maintenance cost ?? (Compares to maruti?) this could be my perception

I know I am shopping between two different segments but jazz was a wild card entrant. Elite is way out of budget and I would think about it only if I were looking for a diesel. The brakes in the jazz were much better than the baleno delta and swift zxi. I test drove the vx variant so not sure if the same brakes exist for lower variant as well but was mightily impressed.
Our budget is very very tight, if I had money I would go for sv. My past mistakes in car purchase has taken a hit on my wife as she thinks the Honda would be another fiat. More importantly none of her colleagues and friends are recommending the jazz citing high upkeep cost and low resale value (I know it's false).

On the other hand we cannot wait for three months for the baleno. We have a 2 year old daughter and can't be without a car for such long.

Any valuable advice from the members is highly appreciated.

Sorry for the long post. Excuse any typos as I am using my phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks