Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 10:09   #2371
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Well let me provide a somewhat contrarian opinion on the maintenance of the Jazz. Mine (my wife's, actually) Jazz is from the first production lots (made before launch), and we bought it a few days after the 2015 launch. It is a petrol VX model.

I decided to skip all services from the dealer after the first one at 10000km, since I learnt that they were unwilling to put the oil that I wanted them to put (Mobil 1 ESP 5w30), and that their service charge was Rs. 2500 or so.

The car has now done around 34K Kms and is now about 2.5 years old and has needed no mechanical repair work at all. I have maintained a 1 year / 10000 KM service interval using Honda OEM filters (cabin, oil and air) and the aforementioned Mobil 1 ESP (highly recommended oil, by the way).

To date I have never even needed a wheel alignment or balancing. The car tracks straight ahead and tyre wear is absolutely even. Actually the same is true of my Palio which did not need an alignment for over 50k KMs and the only reason I needed to get the alignment set was due to a rack replacement.

My take on this car is: this is a very simple and hardy vehicle mechanically and maintaining it is well within the scope of an alert owner. I took the risk on manufacturer warranty rather than dealing with the dealership and their 'procedures'.

If we sell the vehicle in exchange, they don't even bother checking the service history, based on my prior experience. That is also one of the reasons that I decided to make the manual my friend and maintain the car myself.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 9th May 2018 at 10:14.
vipul_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 10:45   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Well let me provide a somewhat contrarian opinion on the maintenance of the Jazz. Mine (my wife's, actually) Jazz is from the first production lots (made before launch), and we bought it a few days after the 2015 launch. It is a petrol VX model.

I decided to skip all services from the dealer after the first one at 10000km, since I learnt that they were unwilling to put the oil that I wanted them to put (Mobil 1 ESP 5w30), and that their service charge was Rs. 2500 or so.

The car has now done around 34K Kms and is now about 2.5 years old and has needed no mechanical repair work at all. I have maintained a 1 year / 10000 KM service interval using Honda OEM filters (cabin, oil and air) and the aforementioned Mobil 1 ESP (highly recommended oil, by the way).
I have a jazz SV pre production model bought in July 2015 and completely agree with your thoughts. I find many people rejecting the jazz just because of the short servicing interval though am pretty sure it's one of the most reliable cars in the segment and does not need any extra upkeep compared to its peers.

I have only taken my car to the service center for the free services at 3,6 and 12 months services. Considering the standard warranty was just 2 years these services kept me covered for most of the warranty period. After that's it's just taking my car to the FNG for the oil change and checkup every year and the car is working very well after almost 3 years and 20k on the odo. Even Toyota recommends service every 6 months for the innova and fortuner but I take them to the dealership annually which helps to keep the service costs in check for all 3 vehicles.

I believe following the kilometer 6k-8k max (with mineral oil) or time based at least once a year is good enough for most cars. Manufacturer recommendations sometimes need to take into account their dealership and service centered interests and not always based on the cars need.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 10:59   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Even Toyota recommends service every 6 months for the innova and fortuner but I take them to the dealership annually which helps to keep the service costs in check for all 3 vehicles.
I believe following the kilometer 6k-8k max (with mineral oil) or time based at least once a year is good enough for most cars.
Yup. If FIAT could recommend an 18 month interval for the Palio, why do we need 6 months for more modern cars from more renowned manufacturers?

With respect to oil changes, two things have held me good stead:
1) use your money in buying quality oil - you enjoy the difference every kilometer you drive
2) don't exceed the kilometer based oil change interval just because you are using an expensive synthetic

I think I have gone enough for now!

Last edited by vipul_singh : 9th May 2018 at 11:01.
Old 11th May 2018, 11:28   #2374
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,

I have crunched close to 20000 kms on my Jazz SV bought in 2016 and I am in love with my machine. For the past few weeks an irritating rattling noise seeps into the cabin from the boot area when the car is driven at lower speeds. I took it to HONDA ASS Sundaram Honda and the mechanic took the vehicle for ride and did some hammering work in the boot area. After this work, the noise stopped for few days and now it has come back with vengeance.

I thought the noise could be due to the plastic cladding on the boot lid area and applied dual side tape between the cladding and the boot body, but to no avail . Requesting Bhpians to share their experience please.
Old 12th May 2018, 12:53   #2375
BHPian

PROOF that service intervals definition process involves the use of a random number generator at some stage. Twelve months service interval for the WRV, and 6 months for the Jazz.

Source: forum post (discussion on Honda care packages)

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180512_122114_01.jpg

(My note: the colourful language above is my attempt at humour, however I am making the point in all seriousness).
vipul_singh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 10:02   #2376
BHPian

Any recommended private non-Honda Servjce centre for servicing in Bangalore? Don't want to go to Honda servicing this time.
Old 4th June 2018, 14:48   #2377
Team-BHP Support

We are loosely considering a new Grand i10 A/T vs a Jazz A/T. What kind of FE can one expect on each of these models - for 100% heavy traffic city running as well as exclusively highway running.

I am only asking about FE comparison not other aspects and features. Those I have considered already.

Thank you.
Old 4th June 2018, 16:06   #2378
mxh
BHPian

Quote:

I decided to skip all services from the dealer after the first one at 10000km, since I learnt that they were unwilling to put the oil that I wanted them to put (Mobil 1 ESP 5w30),
Honda cannot force you to use their own oil. I and many others have taken our own oil to the Honda service station. If the grade is one of the recommended grades mentioned in the Honda manual, they cannot refuse to fill it. Please raise a complaint against the service centre with the central Honda 121 line, they will intervene and resolve the matter.

Honda Customer Assistance/ Query

1800 113 121/ 011 39898918
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 20:37   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
We are loosely considering a new Grand i10 A/T vs a Jazz A/T. What kind of FE can one expect on each of these models - for 100% heavy traffic city running as well as exclusively highway running.

I am only asking about FE comparison not other aspects and features. Those I have considered already.

Thank you.
Jazz V CVT -Fully Loaded
Exclusive Highway ( 22 -19 without ac) (18-15.5 with ac)

Exclusive 100% heavy traffic (9-11 with ac, 10-12 without ac)

Your mileage also depends on how much throttle you use or rather 'not use'.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 22:42   #2380

Hello Everyone,
I have booked a VX petrol manual and will receive the delivery by June 17th.. wanted to check if I should go for under body coating from dealer or at 3M car care center..
Old 20th June 2018, 05:56   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshmk View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have booked a VX petrol manual and will receive the delivery by June 17th.. wanted to check if I should go for under body coating from dealer or at 3M car care center..

Hey Santosh, I actually went for it when I bought the car, from the dealer, they also give 4-5 free check ups within 2 or 3 years timeframe(can't remember exactly).
I felt there was some reduction in noise in the cabin, other than that I just felt it's good to provide some protection to the exposed part which is closest to road.

Quote:
To date I have never even needed a wheel alignment or balancing.

Hi Vipul, could you tell me what tyre pressure do you maintain?

Last edited by ampere : 20th June 2018 at 07:21. Reason: back to back posts merged
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 10:52   #2382
BHPian

I fill up to 34 PSi / 32 PSi cold (Fr. / Rr.) and refill at around 32 PSi / 30 PSi cold.

I use my own tyre pressure gauge and pump at home for consistency.
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 14:44   #2383
BHPian

I have a September 2015 manufactured VX variant Diesel Jazz. In these 30 months, I have completed close to 40,000Km. I have stuck to the dealer for services and intend to do so till my warranty runs out. I will shift to a FNG then. I do not have many concerns with the car, except for a few rattles from the dashboard which increases every time I ask the service centre (or any one for that matter) to look into it. I have now learnt to live with them. A major accident was averted when I had a rear tyre burst on NH4 - till date I wonder why the tyre burst took place. Fortunately for everyone, my speed was around 60kmph at that time and I was able to control the car.
My only complaint with the dealer is the fact that they refuse to be transparent when it comes to service despite repeated requests.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 04:08   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshmk View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hi Santosh, My suggestion would be to get the underbody coating in 3M,Since they are the professionals and that's their major business atleast in India.Also you would have warranty as well.

I have a friendly SA in Honda Service and
he said that Honda cars do have underbody coating in them from factory and if at all am interested to opt for it,he suggested me to do so after a year or two.

I got 3m underbody coating in my Jazz IDTEC after a year.
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 10:33   #2385

Thanks Guys,
Took the delivery of the car and I'm loving it!
Planning to go for under body coating at 3M after some time, maybe after first or second service. Also planning to get PPF done for both bumpers, door handles and at the bottom of doors when our feet touch every time we get in/out.
Attaching some pics as I haven't seen Modern Steel metallic color in the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180615_170351.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180615_171559_bokeh.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180616_131758.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180615_212842.jpg  

Santoshmk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks