Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 07:50   #961
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
My 1.6 girlfriend has eloped with a richer brat. Either I can marry her 1.3 sister (They say she is crippled) who is sympathetic towards me ( and used to adore me ) or I can go for an arranged marriage with Ms Creta whom the world and my family likes. I am not sure as what to do. But they say, marriages are made in heaven, but not all are.
That was awesome humor; enjoyed reading it! I would suggest you settle down with a Duster and live happily ever after. 😀
Old 8th August 2015, 07:55   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross prices for Bangalore, officially released by Nexa. 'Nexa Basic Accessory kit' is not a must but seem to have floor mats, car cover and mudflaps.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150807wa0003.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 08:17   #963
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
My heart is still with the S cross.
I'll again say, go ahead with your heart's way. I am saying from my personal experience. I bought a used swift vxi at 4.95L (1 year old, 5.9k on odo), when there was options like new wagonr vxi at 4.75L, and new ritz vxi at 5.30L. Family and friends scolded me for buying a used swift for that amount. But whenever I see and drive my sweet heart, I understand that I made a wise decision.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 08:22   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
That was awesome humor; enjoyed reading it! I would suggest you settle down with a Duster and live happily ever after. 😀
It is always 'love' that should draw you into a relationship. If you enter it on a compromise, the experience might not be pleasant.

"Wow, what a ride! what a shape! what a stability! - i am going for her(Duster)" it should be rather than

"she(1.6) eloped, but her sister(1.3)'s smiling at me, parents/world saying H is from a good family".

PS: apparently off-topic, but believe me, i am only discussing the car in this thread and it's competition!
Old 8th August 2015, 08:58   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Suddenly, Tata Aria makes a lot more sense after Creta and Scross debacle. 7 seats, 150bhp 320Nm, great ride quality, more space and a rugged frame.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 09:04   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Suddenly, Tata Aria makes a lot more sense after Creta and Scross debacle. 7 seats, 150bhp 320Nm, great ride quality, more space and a rugged frame.
Yes. Except for the fact that is is huge and not even remotely car like to drive.
Old 8th August 2015, 09:26   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Are you sure, you arent on the Suzuki payroll? What you say is tad rhetorical..."experience the car", "almost traded", "2-3 notches". Please dont take offence, I am just sick of MS shoving these relics as premium to us. With the kit on offer, this would be a third grade car in most developed markets. Their feature sheet in the e-brochure is still talking about bottle holders and glove box illumination as if light bulbs are a novelty!
Hey Fornax, don't get me otherwise, you really have to see and experience the quality of the interiors and review the feature list to be able to appreciate the differentiators. I was almost decided (still in 2 minds) on the Skoda Elegance DSG, but the SCross has everything bell and whistle the Skoda offers, of course, sans the AT gearbox (she can be tricky to maintain, you see). The initial response of the DSG is almost comparable to that of the S-Cross, while top speeds could be a different story altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
As far as my statement of trading in is concerned. Why shouldn't I? At the same price of the city sv cvt. I get a diesel engine, good leg space, alloys, fog lights, push button start, 7" touchscreen infotainment system, parking sensors, parking camera, all wheel disc brakes, auto folding mirrors and a usable/adjustable front armrest.
When I went for the TD yesterday, I had no big expectations from this car, but I returned very impressed. All of a sudden the Skoda seems a lot less VFM and the Ecosport, a tad too familiar.

A decade ago, I followed my mind over the heart in choosing the Esteem over the Swift. It's the same proposition again, albeit between the Rapid and the S-Cross. The problem is, still not sure who is saying what
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 09:30   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Awesome news, MS launches a facelifted bootless SX4, calls it S-Cross, and charges Rs. 16.73 /- (OTR Mumbai).

Please tell me why this, even remotely, is a better package than the Honda City with Sun-Roof and CVT?

What is premium about the SX4 S-Cross cabin? Two airbags, Ciaz ICE unit, ordinary seats and almost zero innovation in product terms. MS is launching a 2013 SX4 variant in late 2015, and calling it premium, full marks for audacity!
I have a Honda City and let me tell you, its one of the flimsiest cars you can buy. It's done 16k kms and there are several small dents on its doors and roof. The ride isn't very good, the car has started to make thud noises while going over bumps. Interior quality is cheap, exterior fit and finish says that the car is put together by japenese apes and it literally starts to fly when it's windy. What's more, the brakes are nothing special and the car doesn't have any grip. The spares parts are very expensive, for example a fog lights set is for 25k for what is an ever ready torch bulb in some plastic. The body panels are even more expensive, surprising since they make the car from used coke cans.
And it's not trouble free either, all of the electric windows motor have started to rust like an old Lancia and the reverse gear is harder to slot than in my WagonR.
And they price it at a premium, because Honda is a premium brand in India. LOL yeah. Also have an Idtec,( which is a company car) and I have concluded that it has its engine sourced from Honda electricity generators.

Last edited by Doge : 8th August 2015 at 09:34.
Doge is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 10:14   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross prices for Bangalore, officially released by Nexa. 'Nexa Basic Accessory kit' is not a must but seem to have floor mats, car cover and mudflaps.
Basic Accessory price break up.(INR 8800)

1. Mud Flaps - INR 580
2. Floor Mat (Transparent) - 1050
3. Carpet Mat - 1090
4. Car Cover - 2790
5. Door sill guard - 3290
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 10:27   #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I have a Honda City and let me tell you, its one of the flimsiest cars you can buy.... The body panels are even more expensive, surprising since they make the car from used coke cans.
Well said. This is the singular reason why i dont even look the Honda way. Regular service costs are said to be very economical on the Honda City, but I have always suspected that spare part pricing would be unreasonable. No first hand experience of this though - just a belief.

I like a well built car as the daily use workhorse car. The european descents qualify quite well for this.
Old 8th August 2015, 10:31   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Basic Accessory price break up.(INR 8800)

1. Mud Flaps - INR 580
2. Floor Mat (Transparent) - 1050
3. Carpet Mat - 1090
4. Car Cover - 2790
5. Door sill guard - 3290
So, my RM was almost correct. He said about a fabric mat instead of the transparent mat. Now, the question - is it WORTH?? Any clue if the sill guard is illuminated or not?? My RM said its illuminated
Old 8th August 2015, 10:48   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
So, my RM was almost correct. He said about a fabric mat instead of the transparent mat. Now, the question - is it WORTH?? Any clue if the sill guard is illuminated or not?? My RM said its illuminated
Floor Mat - You can check and decide. Also see Kagu mats availability for S Cross.

Sill guard is - LED Sill Guard.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-sill.png

Rear spoiler is available in the accessory list- looks good in the car.

Name:  spoiler.PNG
Views: 4829
Size:  25.7 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2015 at 10:57.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 10:49   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I was almost decided (still in 2 minds) on the Skoda Elegance DSG, but the SCross has everything bell and whistle the Skoda offers, of course, sans the AT gearbox (she can be tricky to maintain, you see). The initial response of the DSG is almost comparable to that of the S-Cross, while top speeds could be a different story altogether.
Analyze your requirements, and if the Scross meets your usage requirements, would strongly suggest you pick this up, even though it lacks the AT. There is more to speed and performance that one should look at- there is the whole ownership experience and the cost of ownership. I own a 2005 Skoda Octavia and I know where it hurts although I thoroughly enjoy driving it.

The Maruti will give you a fuss free ownership experience - at least for the first 4 years, and still be lots more economical to maintain thereafter.
Old 8th August 2015, 13:37   #974
Team-BHP Support

Went to the Dwarka Nexa to test drive the S-Cross. The goddamn place was overflowing. Came back disappointed because I was 10 in the waiting line for the TD.

It would have taken more than an hour to get the TD done. Some other day maybe...
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 13:53   #975

Can anyone please update me about the Mumbai OTR price especially the zeta 200 ddis model

Most Viewed