Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 10:18   #1891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Discounts on Scross already, upto a whooping 1L or more:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ss-397719.aspx

lolz!!
Looks like Maruti were outsmarted this time. And the honours go to Hyundai. Creta is a run away success in our 'looks' crazy nation.

Post the discounts of 70K, I still feel S Cross is overpriced for both their 1.3 & 1.6 variants.
I'm sure S Cross will go the Tata Aria way. Expecting more discounts.
I'm also expecting the S Cross to be sold at regular Maruti dealerships.
Old 29th September 2015, 10:37   #1892
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Another coincidence, S Cross sizing the Yeti, more so having the same series of alloys MSW 24 in a different size.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150927_092548.jpg

MSW - Yeti

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150927_092608.jpg

MSW in both the S Cross and Yeti

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150927_092756.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2015 at 10:42.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:54   #1893
BHPian

Early discounting only indicates that sales are not matching the expectation.
The numbers are more clear at a central place than individual dealership (though they get market pulse about demand shifting to different brand).

Efforts on price correction indicate that Maruti is listening and acting. At the same time it also indicates that you can not simply charge for the iPads provided to sales people.
Old 29th September 2015, 10:58   #1894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
Early discounting only indicates that sales are not matching the expectation.
Good to see the discounts, but they are offered only as loyalty bonus/ avail finance from them.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2833
Size:  83.4 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2015 at 11:00.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:07   #1895
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Looks like Maruti were outsmarted this time. And the honours go to Hyundai. Creta is a run away success in our 'looks' crazy nation.

Post the discounts of 70K, I still feel S Cross is overpriced for both their 1.3 & 1.6 variants.
I'm sure S Cross will go the Tata Aria way. Expecting more discounts.
I'm also expecting the S Cross to be sold at regular Maruti dealerships.
Well looks are subjective. I had been driving Hyundais for 10 years and was eagerly waiting for the Creta even when it was not christened (was known as IX25). But the moment I saw it, I was put off by the overly aggressive wannabe stance of an SUV. Now that's my perception. Drove it and did not find it up to my expectations. Went to see S-Cross and loved the elegant look. Drove it and the planted, cushioned drive quality did it for me. People might find it bland (as most of the auto site reviews commented) but I just love the crossover looks.

I am not sure but it looks like the S-Cross looks it's size in white. I have had at least 10 people come up to me and comment that this car is really huge and from far off looks like an X1. Now I may be biased but as I said looks are subjective and personal.

I have not seen any discounts in Noida or Delhi till date. Inquired from my RM and one in Delhi and no discounts are available as yet. May it's a local occurrence.

As for S-Cross going the Aria way, well that's the difference between a TATA and a Suzuki product. Having driven it for almost 1200 KMs, I am most certain it's slowly join the league of Swift and Dezire. Rest time will tell.

Last edited by t0m : 29th September 2015 at 11:09.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:30   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
what about people who bought so far when 1L discounts showing up in just 1.5 month. aren't they suppose to get compensated ?
This is really bad from suzuki team.
If you sell your flat for profit, do you compensate the builder?

Unfortunately it doesnt work this way. Prices can go up and down - both ways, all depends on demand.
aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:30   #1897
BHPian

I think people shouldn't cry foul for maruti to give discounts just a month after launch. But, hey the joy of getting hands on a new product before anybody else is priceless. It's the same case as why people brave cold and stand in a long queues outside the apple store to buy the newly launched iphone when they know it will be available easily and probably with a discount after couple of days.

The good thing is all the owners here in the forum are absolutely happy with s-cross. It doesn't matter what people think about the product and the sales numbers of course. By no means it's an inferior product to creta or duster or others. I do agree that 1.6 is slightly overpriced, but maruti may have it's reasons behind it. People should be happy for the benefits they are getting now after the discounts.

But, when it's being compared with ciaz and people say ciaz is better. No offence meant to ciaz owners, it's a fantastic product and probably better vfm than city. The point remains s-cross is much better built and better equipped car than the ciaz besides the boot. For example only the top end ciaz zdi(o) is comparable with s-cross zeta where the price difference is 1 lakh in favor of the zeta. I don't feel the the s-cross 1.3 is overpriced. Prospective buyers shouldn't miss this opportunity if they are getting discount on 1.3 as well. I am sure the numbers will settle down once the Baleno will debut.

When we compare s-cross with creta, then the target customers are different. How many creta 1.4 are being sold compared to 1.6. Reason it's bare bone not even having airbags in a 12lakh car. Having said that, it sales more as it ticks most boxes for people who won't mind spending 15 lakhs for a pseudo suv.

The point is discount doesn't make a product bad. It's just the seller has decided to sell the product at less profit to boost numbers.
sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:35   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
The good thing is all the owners here in the forum are absolutely happy with s-cross.
Unfortunately, there is not single ownership report on s-cross till now in the Initial Ownership section
Old 29th September 2015, 11:39   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
A bit off topic, though not completely. Is Prestige a trustworthy brand for alloy wheels? The dealer i was talking with said that prestige is nothing but imported tyres from China and Taiwan with the Prestige logo pasted in India after import.
Hello

Prestige is great brand and has good build quality , go ahead and buy if if you like it . . As i can see from your profile that you live in ncr , check out the alloys in karan or rana tyres in NCR . Dont worry about the chinese or taiwan alloys , me and my friends are using the alloys bought from karol bagh and there are no issues . I am using 17 inch with low profile tyres on my swift and verna , there has been no issues till date . You will get great designs plus the price will be very reasonable .

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 29th September 2015 at 11:45.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:40   #1900
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post

The good thing is all the owners here in the forum are absolutely happy with s-cross. It doesn't matter what people think about the product and the sales numbers of course. By no means it's an inferior product to creta or duster or others. I do agree that 1.6 is slightly overpriced, but maruti may have it's reasons behind it. People should be happy for the benefits they are getting now after the discounts.

When we compare s-cross with creta, then the target customers are different. How many creta 1.4 are being sold compared to 1.6. Reason it's bare bone not even having airbags in a 12lakh car. Having said that, it sales more as it ticks most boxes for people who won't mind spending 15 lakhs for a pseudo suv.

The point is discount doesn't make a product bad. It's just the seller has decided to sell the product at less profit to boost numbers.
Absolutely, I was a bit skeptical having driven a 1.6 and many of my friends said why was I down-grading. But a comment from my wife in the morning sealed it for me. She drives a Hyundai Elantra and is pretty happy with it. But today she drove our daughter to school in the S-Cross and after coming back she said, I love this thing, din't have to change gears all the way, feels like an automatic. I got the Michelin P3STs three days back and she was like whats the point of spending 20K extra when you already have new tyres. Allegation put to rest after one drive . The 1.3 Alpha is a delight and an absolute value for my money.

Discounts, well I did not get any, feels bad but what the heck, it was my decision to buy and I am happy. Looking forward to the alloy upgrade tomorrow.
t0m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:40   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
If you sell your flat for profit, do you compensate the builder?

Unfortunately it doesnt work this way. Prices can go up and down - both ways, all depends on demand.
It depends, let me tell my duster experience.

There was price increase between the time of delivery and booking. (during 2012 launch time). Renault still honored the old price.

and the same thing with Suzuki inazuma price cut, where owners got 1L refund.

It all depends brand.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:43   #1902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is not single ownership report on s-cross till now in the Initial Ownership section
Just search for "Hippo" and you'll get a beautifully written ownership report by Sandygordon.

I have 2 queries to owners of SCross here.

1. Please post a snapshot of the gear lever / gear positions of 1.3.

2. I'm posting a snap taken from the Official review, what is that switch marked P for?

EDIT:- Thanks to volkman10 for clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
P is for Parking sensor - you can activate or deactivate the same.
So if I dont want to use the reverse parking sensor, I can switch it off? Does it switch off the reverse camera also?
Please post a snap of the gear lever also.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross111.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 29th September 2015 at 12:05. Reason: Quoting volkman10 for clarification.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:44   #1903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is one for you and there are at least 6 owners here but I guess they enjoy the car and then would pen the report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...200-alpha.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I have 2 queries to owners of SCross here.

2. I'm posting a snap, what is that switch marked P for?

P is for Parking sensor - you can activate or deactivate the same.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2015 at 12:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:00   #1904
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is one for you and there are at least 6 owners here but I guess they enjoy the car and then would pen the report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...200-alpha.html
I would have loved to write about my experiences but have been caught up amidst family functions and an impending product release at office .
Old 29th September 2015, 12:13   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
It depends, let me tell my duster experience.

There was price increase between the time of delivery and booking. (during 2012 launch time). Renault still honored the old price.

and the same thing with Suzuki inazuma price cut, where owners got 1L refund.

It all depends brand.
Renault honored the price because because they committed that the introductory prices will not be increased for the vehicle booked before a particular date.

Most of the manufacturers sell the vehicle on the price applicable at the time of delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks