Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 12:49   #7621
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

It is a great vital information and is relevant to all owners having vehicles with fog lamps.
Thanks.
Old 16th June 2017, 13:34   #7622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
If the OE fog lamp bulb is loose, it can come out resulting in melting of bumper / fire

Thanks! I have to go check if they are loose by any chance.

@itwasntme, I do not have any proof at the moment about this to file for it, but I will send them a communication to let them know that this happened. Which department do I reach out to?
Old 16th June 2017, 18:38   #7623
BHPian

The S-cross facelift in Japan has ground clearance increased to 185 mm from 180 mm. So the facelift is making S-cross a taller boy!
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/s...o-japan-271014
Old 16th June 2017, 18:55   #7624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The S-cross facelift in Japan has ground clearance increased to 185 mm from 180 mm. So the facelift is making S-cross a taller boy!
Please note it is a AT variant in 2wd/4wd configuration with 17-inch wheels as standard.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 11:38   #7625
BHPian

Got 20K service done for my 1.6 S Cross. Replacement of brake fluid & clutch fluid is recommended @ 20K
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170617_111144.jpg

I wasn't charged for any clutch fluid as per invoice.Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170617_105636.jpg

Pardon my ignorance w.r.t brake fluid & clutch fluid; are they same ?

The diagram in the manual shows same picture
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170617_110847.jpg

Searched through forum for some invoices at 20K & found this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have asked for wheel alignment and balancing (with 4 wheel tyre rotation). Let me get the bill. Will update after that.

Following are the replacement items for 20K service.
Engine coolant
Engine Oil & Engine oil filter
Fuel filter & water draining
Clutch fluid
Brake fluid
@Sree73, did they charge separately for clutch fluid? looking at the invoice raised, they haven't charged for the Clutch fluid; does it means that the same brake fluid is used to top -up the clutch fluid level as well ?

Last edited by breezydrive : 17th June 2017 at 11:41.
Old 17th June 2017, 12:22   #7626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/s...o-japan-271014
Most likely the facelift will have 215/60 R16 instead of the current 205/60 R16.
So, the GC would be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post

Pardon my ignorance w.r.t brake fluid & clutch fluid; are they same ?
Neeraj, Its the same. Don't worry.
Old 17th June 2017, 22:16   #7627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Most likely the facelift will have 215/60 R16 instead of the current 205/60 R16.
So, the GC would be more.
If the tyre to be 215/60 R16, then the wheel should be 6.5 x 16J as in the case of Brezza. Currently all S-Cross variants have 6 x 16J wheels.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:27   #7628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's not the dealership actually. The owner / manager won't encourage all this. Some idiots who work there do all this nonsense.

My car is April 2016 make and cabin air filter is present.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-feedback.jpg

After much delay and repeated phone calls, the response I got from Nexa. Quite surprised that it is considered an accessory.
renownedalmond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 14:34   #7629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
After much delay and repeated phone calls, the response I got from Nexa. Quite surprised that it is considered an accessory.
That's very surprising!! It was there in my car from factory itself and as per owners manual, we need to change it every 30K KM. Did Maruti skip this in new models?
Old 19th June 2017, 15:04   #7630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post

What a non-sense. How can they sell the car without cabin-air filter? Who is the product marketing advisor and what was he smoking when took this decision?
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 15:23   #7631
BHPian

In an unexpected series of (good) events, I booked an S-Cross 1.3 Zeta (I simply cannot afford the 1.6) 3 days back in Granite Gray and was promised delivery in 5 working days. 2 more days to go.
Mixed Feelings. Excitement - Fear - Disbelief.
Will post an update after delivery.
Old 19th June 2017, 16:29   #7632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What a non-sense. How can they sell the car without cabin-air filter? Who is the product marketing advisor and what was he smoking when took this decision?
Few cars from Maruti used to not come with Cabin air filter from factory. It was not there in my 2011 SX4. But, I am sure it's present in S-Cross. 2017 S-Cross owners can confirm this, please!
Old 19th June 2017, 16:54   #7633
BHPian

Quote:
I had a loong conversation(25 mins) with the representative of the regional office of Maruti in the north-east. He confirmed that cabin air filters are not factory fitted and told me that they are not a 'necessity' as well. Hence, they are fitted later as per customer requirement.

Also he assured me that he would give my feedback to the higher-ups regarding this issue.
Old 19th June 2017, 17:02   #7634
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with your sentiment but this is common on Maruti cars. I bought the cabin filter extra from Maruti for my Ritz a few times, then stopped doing so as I could not perceive any difference with or without.

Even if the intention is to milk the customer for money by selling it as an accessory, it does not make any business sense. If they sold it as standard it would become an essential item for the vehicle and they would be guaranteed repeat sales of it as mentally people do not like to be missing a stock part. On the other hand, lots of people are not even aware that there is something called a cabin air filter and that their car doesn't have it, so hardly anyone buys it as an accessory.

Last edited by chncar : 19th June 2017 at 17:04.
Old 19th June 2017, 17:08   #7635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I agree with your sentiment but this is common on Maruti cars. I bought the cabin filter extra from Maruti for my Ritz a few times, then stopped doing so as I could not perceive any difference with or without.

Even if the intention is to milk the customer for money by selling it as an accessory, it does not make any business sense. If they sold it as standard it would become an essential item for the vehicle and they would be guaranteed repeat sales of it as mentally people do not like to be missing a stock part. On the other hand, lots of people are not even aware that there is something called a cabin air filter and that their car doesn't have it, so hardly anyone buys it as an accessory.

Completely agree. I too had to buy one on my first servicing when I bought my Celerio in 2015. Seems a Maruti thing to sell it as an accessory. And really not sure if it creat d a huge difference apart from asking to be cleaned.

The issue is that the accessory is always sold on persuasion by the SA during the service as if it's the utmost important thing, but if it really is, why is it not a standard fitment. So much so for cost cutting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks