Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2018, 13:06   #2146
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Has anybody tried this? I am having a base model on Creta and desperately looking to increase the seat height!
There is not too much that can go wrong.

Do it on your car. If you need any help / guidance, PM me.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 17:39   #2147
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Has anybody tried this? I am having a base model on Creta and desperately looking to increase the seat height!
I got this done at Trend. No issues till now.
Old 19th January 2018, 15:43   #2148
BHPian

Has anyone tinkered with Creta 1.6 SX+ display cluster to bring it at par with SX(O)'s supervision cluster? Is it even doable?
Old 19th January 2018, 16:23   #2149

Best part of the new Maps update.
You don't have to touch - "Agree" each time the system start.
It goes Off on its own after a couple of seconds. Someone is listening to feedback. I hope.

Planning on changing the IVRM to that Auto dimming unit.
Plug n Play is better - Any suggestions.
poonacha_ma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 15:23   #2150
BHPian

Greetings, everyone.
Could anybody confirm if the petrol variant would be launched in the SX(O) trim with the upcoming facelift? It indeed sucks to not have the crucial safety features like 6 airbags, and other niceties like ESP, hill hold, leather upholstery, speed-sensing auto locks, etc. The probability of this happening is rather bleak, especially given Hyundai's new-found love for elimination of features (the new Elite i20 is an unfortunate victim). But I keep indulging in wishful thinking!
Old 24th January 2018, 16:57   #2151
Senior - BHPian

I think in normal driving conditions, the best possible way for a senior citizen to handle a puncture is to drive very slowly to the next puncture shop, rather than stopping on the side and changing the tire all by himself. A lot of things may go wrong in such a scenario.

Irrespective of the ease of use of the jack, getting the tire out, putting on new tire and placing the punctured one back can be quite demanding for seniors, no?

The jack with puncture shops is quite cumbersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
The other thing, I've just realized, is the car jack is very cumbersome to use. Especially for someone like my dad, who is 70 yrs old. So on a certain day, if my dad is stranded on the road with a flat tire , there are two things that will be of concern.
Old 24th January 2018, 18:40   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
Greetings, everyone.
Could anybody confirm if the petrol variant would be launched in the SX(O) trim with the upcoming facelift? It indeed sucks to not have the crucial safety features like 6 airbags, and other niceties like ESP, hill hold, leather upholstery, speed-sensing auto locks, etc. The probability of this happening is rather bleak, especially given Hyundai's new-found love for elimination of features (the new Elite i20 is an unfortunate victim). But I keep indulging in wishful thinking!
If you buy the Petrol AT, you get EBD, TCS & BA + hill hold with the TC autobox. Speed sensing auto lock can be done with a cheap OBD device off AliExpress (have used it and works like OEM). Leath upholstery is also something a third party can do for you and probably better than Hyundai. The only thing you'll miss is airbag but you gain an autobox.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 19:13   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
If you buy the Petrol AT, you get EBD, TCS & BA + hill hold with the TC autobox. Speed sensing auto lock can be done with a cheap OBD device off AliExpress (have used it and works like OEM). Leath upholstery is also something a third party can do for you and probably better than Hyundai. The only thing you'll miss is airbag but you gain an autobox.
Thanks for the response, Nonstop-driver, but the automatic transmission no alternative to safety. Also, AT is more of a choice than a feature. I'm a sucker for manual transmissions, and the sole point of my question was to find out if Hyundai has plans to not make the petrol MT customer feel shortchanged.
Old 24th January 2018, 20:14   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I got this done at Trend. No issues till now.
Hi m8002
Can you please post a picture or let us know what exactly needs to be done. I too own a E+ and tried a few options like cushions/clothes but that does not seem to work long term.

It would be really helpful.

Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 12:11   #2155
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

They fixed a metallic ring of the required height under the seat. Instead of the seat being bolted to the floor, it will now be on top if the ring.

Attaching the photos of the driver side with the ring and passenger side without.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-driverside.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-passside.jpg  

m8002? is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 22:00   #2156
BHPian

Hello experts,
Need your advise. I have shortlisted Creta S+ Diesel AT and Verna diesel top end AT. But I am not able to take a final call between the two. The difference in price is around 86K. But yes, then S+ AT of Creta has lot more less features, but comes with necessary bells and whistles. Which one do you think is preferred. I have always longed for SUVish looks and I would need the car for daily driving of around 70-80KMS and occasional highway trips once or twice in a quarter. The roads where I am going to drive will not be very bad but sometime during monsoons water logging could be an issue. Not sure from the maintenance terms which will be cheaper to maintain and enjoyable to drive? Are there any other options I should take into consideration? Both the cars are within the stretched budget and I cannot increase beyond this point.

Pls advise.
Old 28th January 2018, 08:22   #2157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
But yes, then S+ AT of Creta has lot more less features, but comes with necessary bells and whistles. I have always longed for SUVish looks. The roads where I am going to drive will not be very bad but sometime during monsoons water logging could be an issue.
The keywords in your query gives the clue - The Creta. I use it in the city 99% of the time. As for the maintenance, since it's the same engine, there wouldn't be any major difference between the two (creta and verna).

Even though I would suggest Creta, I suggest you to take a TD of both the cars, see how it fares and then take the final call.
Old 28th January 2018, 09:14   #2158
BHPian

The other thing is the Facelift coming. Any idea when is it due? And what are the features expected to be added?
Old 28th January 2018, 11:09   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
If you buy the Petrol AT, you get EBD, TCS & BA + hill hold with the TC autobox..
AT models on Creta doesn't have TCS feature or any ESP/VSC kind of feature. Its only present on the manual top end of Creata. Thanks.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 11:55   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
If you buy the Petrol AT, you get EBD, TCS & BA + hill hold with the TC autobox.
TCS, ESC and HAC are provided only with SX(0) Diesel Manual variant.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-safety.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
AT models on Creta doesn't have TCS feature or any ESP/VSC kind of feature. Its only present on the manual top end of Creta. Thanks.
Correct. I hope they do provide it in automatic variants (both petrol and diesel) with the facelift.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks