Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 12:37   #421
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Hande View Post
the GC reduces quite a bit and scrapes through all the speed humps
Surprised to hear of this. I would've thought that 180 mm GC and that short wheelbase will easily tackle the worst of road conditions. Guess it goes to show that on-paper ratings are just that and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Suresh Babu Alagar drops the following email:

Quote:
Hi Team-BHP,

This is regarding my Kwid.

I purchased it in March, this year. I am happy with the performance, except its ground clearance which they are advertising as 180 mm.

I am not satisfied with it. The problem is that its bottom gets hit whenever I pass through a high speed breaker. Such speed breakers are normal on Indian roads. It is worse if there are 4 passengers on board.

There is a high speed breaker near my house. I tested the same with other cars such as Swift, Celerio, Indica...which have lesser ground clearance. They are passing without any hit at lower speed.

I tried to reach Renault servicing, but they ignored the complaint saying that it is common in all cars. They said that the ground clearance is 180 mm only if it is in standing position, not while running and with 4 passengers onboard. They are fooling people through their advertisement. I feel that other cars are better in terms of ground clearance.

I am OK about the base but I am worried about the silencer - it is also getting hit badly. Please see the attached photo. I marked it with a red circle.

Regards,
Suresh
Attapur, Hyderabad.
Renault Kwid : Official Review-kwidground.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 13:09   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Surprised to hear of this. I would've thought that 180 mm GC and that short wheelbase will easily tackle the worst of road conditions. Guess it goes to show that on-paper ratings are just that and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

This is nothing new. Even if you check out Brezza's GC, it is 198*. The star mark mentions that the car when unladen. While there haven't been complaints of Brezza scraping ground, on paper specs are just not to be trusted blindly.

OT but Even more surprising personal experience from my side- old Punto 1.2 with 200mm GC used to scrape at a speed breaker with 4 pax where as our new Abarth with 155mm GC doesn't under same load!
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 13:57   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Ground clearance figure is just a rough estimate of whether the car will bottom out. Technically, ground clearance is the closest distance of the car's underbody to the ground. But practically this part may never touch the ground even when the car bottoms out on a breaker or pothole. For eg. the lowest part may move up and down with the axle, thus making sure it never hits the road, exposing other areas.
Soft suspension set up, poor design, long wheelbase etc are major factors which indicate if the car will bottom out easily or not.
Just 2 cents!

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 16:49   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Hande View Post
Also, if we have the eyesore ORVMs and want to change to the present much better looking ones, does anyone have any idea how much it costs ?
It cost me about 1500-2000 rupees or thereabouts to replace them.
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 17:47   #425
Senior - BHPian

Renault Kwid can now be booked on Paytm

Customers can now book the Renault Kwid on e-commerce portal Paytm. This service is currently available only in Delhi-NCR, but will be expanded to other markets in the near future. Paytm is currently offering 100% cashback on the booking amount of the Kwid.

Under the said partnership, customers can either pay a booking amount of Rs. 10,000 online, or make the payment at the dealership using cashless Paytm money transfer. All variants of the Kwid are available for booking on the website. Once the booking is made, the dealership will need to approve the order, and then contact the customer for the regular documentation and formalities.

Renault has become the first automotive brand to partner with Paytm, though this is not the first time that an automaker has partnered with e-commerce sites. In the past, Maruti and Mahindra tried similar drives with Flipkart and Snapdeal.

Source: ET Auto

Renault Kwid : Official Review-capture.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidavailabletobookonpaytmprocess1024x991.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 20th July 2016 at 18:06.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 17:52   #426
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid can now be booked on Paytm

This seems to be the latest trend. Mahindra did this with the KUV100 on Flipkart. Ford is doing the same for the Figo and Figo Aspire on Snapdeal.

Not sure how many people make bookings through these mediums. But hey, 10 years ago, if you told me you bought a phone from the Internet without even seeing it in person, I would have called you crazy
frostbite911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 21:39   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Good grief, there's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Visiting a dealer is usually part of choosing, let alone buying, a car anyway. What room is left for negotiation if this initial order is done on line?

And convenience fee?

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 21:51   #428
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And convenience fee?
That must be Paytm's "cut" for helping Renault find another new home for their K(w)id.

It sounds a bit like Ola's 10 rupee convenience fee that one has to pay in addition to the fare shown on the autorickshaw's meter.

The latter is highly justifiable. The former, not at all!
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 23:32   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
It cost me about 1500-2000 rupees or thereabouts to replace them.
Wilson, can u share the exact figure? I'm planing to change mine. I got a 2.3k quote.

Last edited by SandyX : 20th July 2016 at 23:33.
Old 21st July 2016, 11:55   #430
Senior - BHPian

Paytm is a fraud website. They will have some hidden charges like convenience fee and they won't refund the cashback to your bank account. Instead it will be parked on their paytm website to be used to purchase on their useless site where they never will ship anything to you.

Just go the old school way, check and purchase the car directly from dealer. It's a lot of money involved to be trusting and purchasing from a site.
Old 21st July 2016, 12:06   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Paytm is a fraud website. They will have some hidden charges like convenience fee and they won't refund the cashback to your bank account. Instead it will be parked on their paytm website to be used to purchase on their useless site where they never will ship anything to you.

Just go the old school way, check and purchase the car directly from dealer. It's a lot of money involved to be trusting and purchasing from a site.
I agree - there is no point in using PayTM, they have not given cashback to me on several occasions to the extent that in one of the recent cases there was a cashback of Rs 5.00 and that too was denied. The representative claimed that I have not used the promo code ! which is hilarious !

Getting into multiple chain of commands wherein car dealer can keep you at bay for several issues because of using a e-commerce platform is not advisable as of now and well PayTM ! no way !
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:54   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Wilson, can u share the exact figure? I'm planing to change mine. I got a 2.3k quote.
Just checked my bill. Its 1150 for each including tax (Tax amount - 145.63), the actual price is Rs. 1004.37. Mine came to about 2,300 as well. I think the dealer is quoting you the correct price.

On a side note, are you planning to have them colored as well? I was planning to but I left them cause the black and red contrast looks good according to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Paytm is a fraud website.. They won't refund the cashback to your bank account. Instead it will be parked on their paytm website to be used to purchase on their useless site where they never will ship anything to you.
This is one of the reasons I quit using Paytm and even I would advise our BHPians to be wary. They never refunded me back either and customer service reps aren't too helpful. Better to stay away from booking through these channels and just visit the dealer in my opinion. There are just too many variables that could go wrong

Last edited by wadewilson : 22nd July 2016 at 13:00.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 00:32   #433
BHPian

High Ground Clearance is nothing, If the suspension setup is set to too Soft. The suspension setup in most of the Indian Cars leans towards Soft, to counter our potholed roads.

Just check whether the Suspension can be hardened, just like in mono-shock bikes. I wish all Cars come with a minimum of 2 settings for suspension just like Tata Zest.

High end Cars do have this option. Budget Cars can have at least 2 settings viz., City and Sport.
Old 7th August 2016, 13:58   #434
Senior - BHPian

Just went for the test drive of Kwid at GenNext motors Vashi. Impressed with the car. This is for my dads colleague. However all the positives of the car were wiped out when the SA started with pricing.

1.Compulsory accessories worth Rs 7k (later on told buy only what you want)
2.Depot Charges of Rs 8050
3.Resgistration charges are Rs 5000 more than actual (explanation - Agent fees)
4.Insurance quote is Rs 19433 for zero dep for ex-showroom Rs 3,89,155

Our intention was to book the car today, but this dealership's attitude has fouled our mood. We have decided on Kwid RXT O, and will buy the same this week, but this attitude is not done.

Also, the sales guy relented finally regarding insurance and told to get outside quote and he'll try to match it.

I'm attaching the price list. Please check Navi Mumbai prices. Road tax is 9% of ex-showroom. If anyone can let me know if they bought any Renault car at just Ex-showroom and registration, please let me know. My dad said we'll try for two days and if they dont relent, we'll still buy the car.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_2321.jpg
Old 9th August 2016, 23:45   #435
BHPian

Dear BHPians, have anyone of you experienced this issue with your KWID's? I have been experiencing this issue for a few months now.

The first incident happened when I visited the next city (Guwahati) for 1st service (because my town doesn't have a Renault service centre). I was stuck in rush hour traffic. The lights went green. I shifted to first, but the gear just wouldn't slot in its place. Horns started blaring in the background. I was holding up traffic. I tried and tried but it was to no avail. Then finally I gave up, shifted to 2nd gear and floored the pedal which helped me to steer the car away from traffic and park it at the side. This issue has been going on till to this day. Dear BHPians, have any of you experienced this issue?

The second incident happened when I went to the local market a few months back and has been occurring almost every other day now. As I reached the market, I hit the gas lightly but no response, the engine started vibrating a bit violently as if it would shut down. I floored the pedal, still no response from the engine, then after a while, the car responded to my throttle inputs. In some instances, my car engine used to get shut off also. Could any other KWID owners tell me whether they have been facing this issue as well? This issue crops up regardless of whether I have the A/C on or not, and happens only in the 1st gear when the car is being driven slowly.

I am not that very well versed in car stuff and being my first car, I do not know what to do (I do have driving experience of 8 years with my dad's cars). Could any BHPians weigh in on this matter? Thank you

Last edited by wadewilson : 9th August 2016 at 23:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks