Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 12:40   #1576
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Can we customize the high speed alarm? I would like to set it at 100 kmph.
I dont think so we can customise it. I have experienced it first time so shared across as this feature was not shared on this forum earlier.
Need to check the manual about it, if it has mention of this or not.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 15:14   #1577
BHPian

My T8 AMT is cruising well! Completed close to 21000 Km in 13 months.

Over the ownership period, I haven't faced any major breakdowns or problems (touchwood) but got the seat belts and vacuum modulator changed. The coolant problem bothered me for a while, I had to get it topped up twice during the 18-20K run. This was fixed in the recent 20K service and as per the SA, some connectors were changed. I'll observe this over the next few weeks and report.

Other than this, the second service was rather routine. Software was upgraded for ECM, AC was serviced, Engine Oil and filter were replaced. The total bill was around INR 5300.

I have a question regarding the Tyres. What is the ideal running for the stock Apollo Aptera tyres? In my previous car (SX4), the CEAT tyres did fairly well till about 35K Kms, but in my TUV the tyres already do not look very impressive. Please see the pictures.

By the way, I haven't rotated the tyres yet.

The surface of the tyre has become very smooth and I think it would lack the right grip in case of a sudden brake or steep climb.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-file_000-2.jpeg

The vent spews or 'hairs' are also almost gone now.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-file_002-1.jpeg

The surface has also developed small cracks as seen in the image.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-file_001-1.jpeg
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 09:59   #1578
BHPian

Hi,
Mine came with Ceat Czar's as stock. Odo stands at 36k. I have recently got the tyres rotated first time in TUV. My tyres have also developed similar cracks on the surface.
Recently on the way back to Gurgaon from haridwar, on sudden braking at couple of instances there was warning message of low break fluid. Stopped and checked and the brake fluid was at the min level mark. Also coolant was at the min level mark.
Got both topped up yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post

Over the ownership period, I haven't faced any major breakdowns or problems (touchwood) but got the seat belts and vacuum modulator changed. The coolant problem bothered me for a while, I had to get it topped up twice during the 18-20K run. This was fixed in the recent 20K service and as per the SA, some connectors were changed. I'll observe this over the next few weeks and report.

Other than this, the second service was rather routine. Software was upgraded for ECM, AC was serviced, Engine Oil and filter were replaced. The total bill was around INR 5300.

I have a question regarding the Tyres. What is the ideal running for the stock Apollo Aptera tyres? In my previous car (SX4), the CEAT tyres did fairly well till about 35K Kms, but in my TUV the tyres already do not look very impressive. Please see the pictures.

The surface of the tyre has become very smooth and I think it would lack the right grip in case of a sudden brake or steep climb.
Attachment 1618202

The vent spews or 'hairs' are also almost gone now.
Attachment 1618203

The surface has also developed small cracks as seen in the image.
Attachment 1618205
dieselburner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 18:36   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post

Dear Raj

Dont worry about the abrasions. So long there is tread depth, you should be worried about the texture of the tread (if there is a cut/chipoff you may want to revisit)

Tyres should last you for more than 50 k kms if you rotate them and align them etc.

I would suggest moving to Bridgestones once Apollo wears out if you require higher life/strong tyres at the cost of some bit of handling and noise.

Hope this helps.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 19:54   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I did the 20K service of my Orange Tank over the last week end. Details of the service in my ownership thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-19.html

Today morning I received the feedback call and the lady at the other end asked me to rate my service experience on a scale of 10. I gave a rating of 8. I clearly told her that 2 points were deducted for the 2 items that were a part of the job card and still not addressed:
  • Get the belt retraction problem addressed and
  • Remove the small dent over the front right wheel fender.
The lady regretted the inconvenience and said that she would inform the Service Advisor (SA) about it. He would then call me back. In the evening I did receive the call from my SA. He informed me that the new design seat belts were not in stock. After my service there were 3 days holidays and the order would be placed tomorrow. The seat belts with brown label were in stock, but these are old design and the ones with black label will have to be ordered. He assured me that once the order is placed tomorrow, he will call me back to confirm about it. It would then take 5 days approximately to receive the belts in stock. Hope at least this time the belt issue is resolved.

One thing I liked the most is that M&M's feedback mechanism/ customer care is not just for name sake. They do take the customer feedback seriously. The Service Advisors are kept on their toes and they strive to get good rating. I always assure the SA to expect a good rating from me provided he fixes the issues to my satisfaction.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 18:47   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Was quoted 49800/- for ENDURANCE KIT (excluding top rail fittings that have some LED setup & spare wheel cover) but as we had all seen color combo for steel grey colored TUV 300, I thought of checking out the color combo for my RED TUV. Glad that I didn't go for it.
The kit shown at AUTO EXPO was definitely of much better quality with TUV 300 lettering on door moldings, which is missing here.
The plastic quality is not up to the price that is quoted.
The combo of black & silver gives the kit a cheap look (but then it is to individual taste)
I personally would love to have the silver parts in carbon black finish and remaining in matte black finish.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125536.jpg
The exposed bolts look ugly - it also means that some drilling in original bumpers will be required - NOT GOOD.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125548.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125758.jpg
The grill piece is already loose
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125746.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125926.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125606.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125836.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125613.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125857.jpg
Looks like too many pieces held together - the small corner piere could have been moulded into the bumper itself
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125659.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125712.jpg
The finish is not good.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170318_125646.jpg

I am OK to pay about 30K at max for this kit.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 18th March 2017 at 19:12.
ariesonu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 12:54   #1582
BHPian

After installing this kit there is no way can you fit the rear step. How do you get in to the rear seat? It will require Usain Bolt's athletic skills
Old 6th April 2017, 23:56   #1583

It's been a while since the last post so I would like to poke everyone with a query. So here it is.
1.we all know that dual tone is only available in T8 variant, so if one buys a T6 and gets the dual tone paint job done from outside, would it be legal.
2.In vehicles with dual tone is it mentioned in the RC.
Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:02   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd View Post
It's been a while since the last post so I would like to poke everyone with a query.
Even I was wondering why there is so much silence on this thread for almost three weeks now. Good that you broke the ice

Quote:
So here it is.
1.we all know that dual tone is only available in T8 variant, so if one buys a T6 and gets the dual tone paint job done from outside, would it be legal.
I don't think there would be any problem. You are not tampering anything in your car that will make the RC invalid and all the information on your RC still holds good, so it should be legal.

Quote:
2.In vehicles with dual tone is it mentioned in the RC.Thanks
Again someone who has a dual tone TUV can only comment on this. My car is Molten Orange color. However the RC book just mentions color as "Orange". So in all likelihood, a dual tone TUV (with Black and Orange color) would also be mentioned only as "Orange" in the RC. You can also cross check with any dual tone Brezza owner. Dual tone Brezzas are quite a common sight on the road nowadays.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 13:01   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
I Have a dual tone T8 MT. The dual tone was achieved by pasting vinyl coating on the roof and pillars, which could be done i any versions. Have seen a few T4s as well. So its perfectly legal.

Quote:
Thanks
No, it is not mentioned in the RC book
rishee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 21:04   #1586
BHPian

Hi,
Are there any ownership review of mHawk 100 engine. My friend is interested in buying T8 Manual model and was enquiring the pros and cons of the new engine.
Old 14th April 2017, 09:01   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 Endurance Edition Introduced

Quote:
Mahindra had showcased the TUV 300 Endurance edition concept at the 2016 Auto Expo and has now introduced as an accessory kit.
Quote:
The Endurance body kit comprises of front bumper applique, front grille overlay, front headlight bezel, customized headlights, 17 inch stylish alloys, oversized tyres, roof mounted fog lamp applique amongst other things completing the exterior look
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mahindratuv300enduranceeditionorange1.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mahindratuv300enduranceeditionorangerear.jpg

Walkaround Video

Link
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 09:19   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
[b]Mahindra TUV300 Endurance Edition Introduced
If this is factory fitted then we hope to expect better quality then that is being sold at their outlets, but from what I can see it is the same kit.
However they still are selling same black & silver combo for all colors of TUV's. At the least they could have done is offer some color combinations at factory level.

Regards-Sonu
Old 18th April 2017, 18:09   #1589

Quote:
It's been a while since the last post so I would like to poke everyone with a query. So here it is.
Thanks
Hi, I own a dual tone. The colour mentioned in my RC is as REDnBLACK.
RICK004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 01:25   #1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi,
Are there any ownership review of mHawk 100 engine. My friend is interested in buying T8 Manual model and was enquiring the pros and cons of the new engine.
Hi pious_devil, I drive a 100 Bhp tank. As far as the performance of the tuned up 100 bhp mill goes, you will love it on city drives and while overtaking. The twin stage turbocharger gives you ample thrust especially below 2500 rpm band. I gave a new Ford Figo owner a run for the money on an empty stretch yesterday .

I did a fully loaded (4 person and lugguage) outstation trip for 1600 odd kms. The 100 bhp gives you a fiesty ride till 120 kms on the speedo, post which is when one wishes the tank to be 100-150 kg lighter.

However, i am confident of improved input post second service and may be with lesser load. The plus is that, the want of higher power will be on very few occassions, rest of the days your friend can wear a smile behind the wheels!

Ch33rs!
RICK004 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks