Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:59   #1561
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Came across these pictures from another thread. Posting it here for TUV lovers.

Very well written and proves TUV is a capable vehicle for difficult terrains. Though I must admit, I get worried of rear tire spins in lose gravel at times.
That would be my friend Atish Khettry with his 60,000 km run tank! They had a great time in North Sikkim! Atish has changed his tyres to Michelin Latitude Cross. It makes a lot of difference in grip and traction over the stock Czars, even though they are not strictly AT tyres. The TUV reportedly crawled through the steep slopes without needing any pedal input!
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:28   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
... So my suggestion is go for new rims but please stick to the OEM tyre size. It has been designed so with a purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
... I think changing over to 235x60x17" will only enhance the looks. Ride quality will be affected, odometer and speedometer readings will be faulty. Chances of the front tyres brushing against the wind deflectors in front of the tyres are high while turning, due to the added width.
Thanks a ton AutoIndian and Captain, for your suggestions. I was evaluating 235/60R17 tyres mainly because this particular dimension led to only 1.5% increase in the circumference and based on calculations there was not much difference in the speedo readings and minimal or no chances of tyre brushing with any of the components in the wheel wells. While on this topic, this webpage and tool was very useful in arriving at the wheel/tyre combo: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

The comparo between the TUV's OEM tyre and the 235/60R17 is as below:

Quote:
This upgrade will also set you back by atleast Rs 50000/ for a set of 4 tyres. (spare tyre - same old 15")

If you are changing over to alloys, another minimum of Rs 30000/ for that.
I am not aware of the steel rims cost, but that too would not be less than Rs 10000/ for a set of 4.
So that is a minimum investment of Rs 60000/.

Instead change over to OEM 15" alloys using the present tyres, get a RD tuning box and enjoy the 118 BHP / 320 nM torque TUV.

And for the rest of the money, give me a call. We will find a way to finish it off.
Thanks Captain, I did not do much of this financial damage calculation , guess I will have to work on this and yes, will catch up with you in the next meet.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:20   #1563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Instead change over to OEM 15" alloys using the present tyres, get a RD tuning box and enjoy the 118 BHP / 320 nM torque TUV.

And for the rest of the money, give me a call. We will find a way to finish it off.
Captain - Hows your 118BHP TUV doing? Maybe we should plan a TUV owners meet sometime for KA, TN & AP TUV owners

Not much to update on my dwarf apart from the odo reaching 25K kms.
Did a trip to Badami and back over the last weekend
- drove through 50 odd kms of bad & no roads in the process and the car was quiet comfortable for both front & rear passengers
- Did have to stomp on the brakes a few times due to unmarked speedbreakers and the car dropped speed without a fuss
- Did touch 135 kmph for a couple of minutes near Ranebennur and its not fun as the wind, road noise and engine whine fill the cabin
- Most of the drive from Tumkur - Hubli was done at steady 110 - 115 kmph and the car was stable
- FE took a hit thanks to the relatively high speed and average was about 13.7 kmpl
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 10:41   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Came across this news: http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...icles-4535516/

Quote:
In a move to increase its mobility, the Maharashtra State Police have acquired 100 Mahindra & Mahindra TUV 300 Four Plus Vehicles. Director General of Police Satish Mathur flagged off the vehicles and distributed the keys during a program at the State Police Motor Transport Department on Monday. Mathur said, “State government wants to increase mobility and technology in police force. “So we have procured these vehicles having proper facilities like power steering, safety features. We thank Mahindra & Mahindra company for making these vehicles available to the state police in a quick time period.”
However, I doubt whether a vehicle with 84 BHP is a good choice for police when they are in a situation to chase a vehicle.
Old 26th February 2017, 08:28   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has launched the Mahindra TUV300 in South Africa, with prices starting at R2,29,995 (INR 11,84,179.28). The new compact SUV is available only in the top-spec T8 trim level.

Courtesy this article published in "indianautosblog" --> http://indianautosblog.com/2017/02/m...-africa-258929

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-southafricanspecmahindratuv300frontthreequarters.jpeg

Quote:
The South African-spec Mahindra TUV300 measures 4,096 mm in length, 1,795 mm in width and 1,839 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,680 mm. It is powered by the 2.5-litre mHawk100 turbocharged diesel engine that produces 73.5 kW (98.53 hp) at 3,750 rpm and 240 Nm of torque between 1,600 rpm and 2,800 rpm. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, which sends power to the rear wheels. The compact SUV has a fuel economy rating of 18.52 km/l.

Micro-Hybrid technology with auto start/stop functionality, chrome-framed fog lamps, 15-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, static bending headlamps, keyless entry, 2-DIN infotainment system with driver information, Bluetooth and USB/aux connectivity, front and second-row mobile charging ports, dual-front airbags and ABS with EBD are some of the key features of the Mahindra TUV300.

Four colour choices are available: Molten Orange, Majestic Silver, Glacier White and Dynamo Red.
I don't understand when these online portals would do their homework properly. Look at the engine specs, "2.5-litre mHawk100"
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 10:10   #1566
BHPian

AC Filter Cleaning

Felt the Mumbai heat after a pleasant Delhi tour with temperature in the teens.The AC was also making more noise with the radio off. I took time to clean the AC filter. The results were amazing.

M&M has a online DIY video

Some pictures of what I found.

BEFORE : AC Filter
On the floor
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-ac-filter-tile.jpg

Against Light
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-ac-filter-against-light.jpg

AFTER : First used a dry shaving brush to remove the fine dust choking the filter and then under a water jet.
On the floor after cleaning.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-ac-filter-tile-after-cleaning.jpg

Against Light after cleaning.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-ac-filter-against-light-after-cleaning.jpg

Last edited by Sirvoicar : 26th February 2017 at 10:12.
Sirvoicar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 13:03   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Re: AC Filter Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
Felt the Mumbai heat after a pleasant Delhi tour with temperature in the teens.The AC was also making more noise with the radio off. I took time to clean the AC filter. The results were amazing.

M&M has a online DIY video
Wonderful find Sirvoicarand what a timing to share this on a Sunday afternoon. I looked at the video twice and your filter pictures and jumped into my car to get my filter cleaned.

Quote:
Some pictures of what I found.

BEFORE : AC Filter
On the floor
Attachment 1613089
Your filter seems to have picked a lot of dirt. Do you drive in very dusty areas? On the other hand fortunately even after driving my TUV for 19.5K kms, my AC filter looked like this.

Very little dirt seen when kept on the floor
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn7139.jpg

Quote:
Against Light
Attachment 1613087
Again very little dirt when seen against light
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn7140.jpg

Washing the nylon filter in soap water with a tooth brush
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn7150.jpg

Cleaning the filter under running tap water.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20170226_125421.jpg

Sparkling clean air filter kept on the floor
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn7155.jpg

Against Light after cleaning.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn7156.jpg

Fitting the filter in place behind the glove box
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn7159.jpg

This was a very easy DIY job, could complete it in 30 mins. If someone can get hold of a similar kind of DIY video for TUV's Air Filter cleaning, then I would be very grateful.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 11:48   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Captain - Hows your 118BHP TUV doing? Maybe we should plan a TUV owners meet sometime for KA, TN & AP TUV owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Of-late, I have noticed a drop in the coolant level and the sagging seat belt issue, I hope to get these rectified soon.
RJ, sorry for the delay. The TUV is doing great. No complains since my last update here. FE remains the same - between 11 to 12 kmpl in the city.
Using the RD box in P2 mode always, and getting addicted to that mode.
I removed it when I took the TUV for the M&M 75 point service campaign, which was on till last week. Driving without the box now takes away the fun, and fixed it back the next day after I got the car back after the camp.

At the camp, in addition to their 75 point check, I got the air filter replaced. Cost - Rs 724/ including labour. There was a 10% discount on spares and 20% discount on the labour.

And like what Satyasuri had mentioned above, the front seat belts are not retracting properly nowadays. I mentioned that to the SA during the camp, and they have promised to replace both the front seat belts. The order has been placed and waiting for the belts to arrive at the service station.

Like the idea of a TUV owners meet. We could hv planned something when you came down to Pondy.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 23:34   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And like what Satyasuri had mentioned above, the front seat belts are not retracting properly nowadays. I mentioned that to the SA during the camp, and they have promised to replace both the front seat belts. The order has been placed and waiting for the belts to arrive at the service station.
I hope the seat belts are being replaced under warranty. Even I have this problem of both front seat belts not retracting completely on release right from day 1. Since my 20K service is lined up in next two week's time, I too intend to get both the seat belts replaced under warranty. The other day when my better half got down from the passenger seat, she didn't realize that the seat belt hook was dangling on the door frame and slammed the door on the hook producing a loud metallic sound. One cursory glance at her and she realized her mistake. However I kept cool and didn't blame her as it was the bl**dy belt, which didn't retract in time.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:46   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope the seat belts are being replaced under warranty. Even I have this problem of both front seat belts not retracting completely on release right from day
I had also mentioned this problem, especially on passenger side belt, during my first service but alas it was not rectified. However a little DIY with WD40 has ridden me of this problem. I used the WD40 with extender pipe (Thin pipe that attaches to nozzle) and sprayed in the housing. I had pulled the seat belt fully outwards and then kept pulling & releasing the belt vigorously while spraying. Now it shoots back like anything.
You may try too.

I swear by WD40 and keep a handy can in the drawer under my seat, including nose & standard pliers, a length of high gauge wire, some fuses, an adjustable spanner and the 12/13 spanner.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 2nd March 2017 at 10:48.
ariesonu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:43   #1571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Using the RD box in P2 mode always, and getting addicted to that mode.
Lets plan for a meet. Maybe meet at ambur, eat some yummy biryani and drive back! I would love to drive your car in P2 and experience the difference

Quote:
And like what Satyasuri had mentioned above, the front seat belts are not retracting properly nowadays
Quote:
I hope the seat belts are being replaced under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I had also mentioned this problem, especially on passenger side belt, during my first service but alas it was not rectified.
I got both the driver & passenger seat belts replaced during 3rd service under warranty in Dec end. Its only been 2+ months and already the driver side seat belt is not retracting completely

Quote:
However a little DIY with WD40 has ridden me of this problem
Let me try this and see if there it makes a difference. Thanks for that tip ariesonu.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:40   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets plan for a meet. Maybe meet at ambur, eat some yummy biryani and drive back! I would love to drive your car in P2 and experience the difference
If the drive from Bangalore is around 150 km, I may be able to join
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:11   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
I hope the seat belts are being replaced under warranty.
AI, the belts will be replaced under warranty.

Quote:
The other day when my better half got down from the passenger seat, she didn't realize that the seat belt hook was dangling on the door frame and slammed the door on the hook producing a loud metallic sound. One cursory glance at her and she realized her mistake. However I kept cool and didn't blame her as it was the bl**dy belt, which didn't retract in time.
Ouch. I had my 'hanging loose' belts getting jammed when the doors were closed. It is irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
However a little DIY with WD40 has ridden me of this problem. I used the WD40 with extender pipe (Thin pipe that attaches to nozzle) and sprayed in the housing. I had pulled the seat belt fully outwards and then kept pulling & releasing the belt vigorously while spraying. Now it shoots back like anything.
You may try too.
Thanx for the tip, Sonu. Never came into my mind to try this out after a lot of owners complained about belts not being retracted properly. Thought it would be a defect in the whole unit.
Going to try it out this Saturday.

Quote:
Sound good, RJ. Star Biryani at Ambur. Was just googling to find out the locations, and it seems there are more Star Biryani outlets in Chennai than in Ambur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
If the drive from Bangalore is around 150 km, I may be able to join
Ambur is just around 150km from Bangalore. So YES to Biryani, Airbus?
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 09:48   #1574
BHPian

Did a quick Gurgaon - Jaipur work trip. Noticed one new feature, as soon as TUV crosses 140 kmph there is a beep sound.
When I heard it first I though some problem and checked if any light has come up but not and started cruising again.
Then when I again crossed 140 kmph I again heard the sound and then thought it might be a warning signal of high speed.

2 good things - one is TUV is now cruising upto 140+kmph without any fuss (mine is 84bhp engine), odo stands at 35000+ km. Second I liked this beep sound audible for 1-2 seconds alarming for high speed.
dieselburner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 12:02   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Second I liked this beep sound audible for 1-2 seconds alarming for high speed.
Can we customize the high speed alarm? I would like to set it at 100 kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks