Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:34   #811
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I am puzzled why the hesitation around 1500 rpm mark, with increased engine sound and apparently loss in power. I hope it to be a minor glitch and should not repeat again.
What l will suggest is hook up the car to OBD 2 reader and see if there are any DTC. Sometimes the CEL doesn't light but a error code is stored in the ECU. It could also be a miscommunication by some sensor.

Another suggestion, buy a OBD 2 reader and use it with an Android phone. Better to check yourself rather than visiting ASC.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:04   #812
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What l will suggest is hook up the car to OBD 2 reader and see if there are any DTC. Sometimes the CEL doesn't light but a error code is stored in the ECU. It could also be a miscommunication by some sensor.

Another suggestion, buy a OBD 2 reader and use it with an Android phone. Better to check yourself rather than visiting ASC.
Which OBD2 reader will work with TUV, anybody any clue or link to product?
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:27   #813
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Not sure guys. I haven't had any friend who owns a TUV.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301067815266?redirect=mobile

The above type is what I have been using in my Ritz & Swift since 5 years. Reliable product.

PS: I have no connection with Ebay nor the seller. Just sharing the link for a reference.
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:52   #814
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using this http://www.ebay.in/itm/111193354036 for my Wagonr days with the Android app fun2drive and this combo works well now with my TUV as well.
sathyasuri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:17   #815
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
with the Android app fun2drive and this combo works well now with my TUV as well.
Have you tried Torque PRO App?

If you don't mind can you post the screen shot of the image where it gives out what all are the available sensors in the TUV?!
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:51   #816

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
That is the indicator for rear fog lamps. You can only see it if you get down and walk to the rear
Thanks procrj. Sometimes the simplest of things bugs you. There is no mention of that indicator in the Owners Manual at all! 'Better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and stay a fool'
injun269 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:57   #817

Do others also feel like you are in a rocking boat when you drive over uneven ground? I get the impression that the suspension is unusually hard. In others cars when you get out and depress the bonnet you can feel the suspension. This one does not go down an inch. Is that with everybody or do I need to get it checked?
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:55   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been using this http://www.ebay.in/itm/111193354036 for my Wagonr days with the Android app fun2drive and this combo works well now with my TUV as well.
Thanks for that. Just ordered one for my tank.
Quote:
Is it the best available app? Asking as most people on the forum seem to be using it
Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
Do others also feel like you are in a rocking boat when you drive over uneven ground? I get the impression that the suspension is unusually hard. In others cars when you get out and depress the bonnet you can feel the suspension. This one does not go down an inch. Is that with everybody or do I need to get it checked?
Yes it does feel like that when you drive at low speeds over uneven ground or when you break while coming down a curved ramp. Havent tried to depress the bonnet though.
Old 3rd March 2016, 07:58   #819
BHPian

I have ordered this one because it has an On Off button to save battery. Let's see how it goes.

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00U14YARE/r..._0b61wb0ET2ARN
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:49   #820
BHPian

Quote:

If you don't mind can you post the screen shot of the image where it gives out what all are the available sensors in the TUV?!
Please find the screen shots from the Fun2drive app.
The app screenshots were taken after a cold start with the engine idling.

The home screen:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160303081103.png
Some engine parameters:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160303081118.pngMahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160303081112.pngMahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160303081124.png

Errors (none so far ) :
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160303081405.pngMahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160303081205.png

I found the Torque(the free version) to be bit cluttered(it is only me) and it used to crash frequently in my phone and hence stuck to Fun2drive.
sathyasuri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:58   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Today morning when I started for office, I had decided to do a tankful at the Shell bunk, which is 7kms from my home on the way to office. When I started the car I observed the engine sound is higer than normal. I thought it might be due to the cold engine. However along with increased sound I also observed loss of power. As soon I would reach the 1500 rpm mark on the tacho, instead of hearing the sweet turbo whistle, I would hear some gruff sound & feel that the car is not pulling as expected. This continued for the next 3-4 kms till I reached the bunk. Did a tankful, 46.11 litres for a distance of 647 kms (giving a mileage of 14.03 kmpl. After I did the tankful the car/ engine started behaving normally. I muted the radio to listed to the turbo whistle & it was back, now there was no hesitation at the 1500 rpm mark. For the next 14 odd kms, it was a perfect drive.
Friends, just thought of updating you on the problem that I faced 3 days back. I have driven 100+ kms after that the issue has not resurfaced again (touchwood). So as many of you have mentioned, it could be some loose sensor issue. Also as most of you have recommended I will also try to get hold of OBD scanner. There is no point in running to service centre each time any such issue surfaces. Besides that, in this forum we have many "gurus", who come to rescue at the slightest hint of problems.

Quote:
I have ordered this one because it has an On Off button to save battery. Let's see how it goes.

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00U14YARE/r..._0b61wb0ET2ARN
Let me know your feedback about this product ezee. If you are satisfied with it, then even I may go for it.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd March 2016 at 09:05.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:42   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been using this now with my TUV as well.
Slightly OT:

Can you please let me know which version of Android are you using? Because I have Android 6 (Marshmallow) and this super mini ELM327 is not able to connect with my XUV with both fun2drive as well as Torque App. Whereas my friend who has Android 5 (Lollipop) was able to connect to my XUV using Torque app and the fun2drive app did not connect for him as well.

I am not able to figure out if the problem is with the OBD2 adapter or the Android version. Thanks in Advance
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:14   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Slightly OT:
Because I have Android 6 (Marshmallow) and this super mini ELM327 is not able to connect with my XUV with both fun2drive as well as Torque App.
Sunay - Marshmallow has a lot of Bluetooth issues and google is still fixing it More here
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:07   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Slightly OT:

Can you please let me know which version of Android are you using? Because I have Android 6 (Marshmallow) and this super mini ELM327 is not able to connect with my XUV with both fun2drive as well as Torque App. Whereas my friend who has Android 5 (Lollipop) was able to connect to my XUV using Torque app and the fun2drive app did not connect for him as well.

I am not able to figure out if the problem is with the OBD2 adapter or the Android version. Thanks in Advance
I use the CyanogenMod 13.0.x Nightly builds which is based on the Android 6.0.1. The super mini ELM327 used to connect without much issues with both the apps (even though the Torque App used to crash quite often - guess that was a problem specific to my phone) in the previous versions of the android as well.
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:15   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sathyasuri, just ordered one for my tank. Do you leave it connected to your TUV all the time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks