Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 16:47   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
By the way, I guess its impossible to do a dip stick check without sacrificing a drop of blood. I had read AutoIndian's post regarding this and was extra careful, but still a got small cut!
Mate you should have been more careful. I had forewarned that the plastic cover has razor sharp edges. I had got my thumb cut exactly on the same spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Yesterday, I saw a black TUV300 die right in front of me. a lady and gent got out of it and had to push it to the roadside with the blinkers on. Wonder what happened.
Probably a case of faulty FDM (Fuel Delivery Module). Wonder if the poor fellow had was informed about the FDM replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
I tried pairing my phone with the TUV 300. It went well. I got a prompt which said, downloading phone book. After download is complete, I can see contacts only from SIM, not the complete phonebook. I checked my phone settings, it is set to show both Sim and Phone contact. Did anybody face the same issue? Is there any work around or am I missing something?
No issue at all. The moment I step inside my Orange Tank all my phone contacts get updated on the HU, irrespective of whether it is Sim or Phone contact
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 17:06   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What does the panhard rod do and didn't get the axle location part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Simply put it is used to ensure lateral alignment in a axle making the tyres move only up and down and not sideways.
The below videos explain and show how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
We went for a longish test drive, and the symptoms disappeared after meeting the doctor.
Have you checked under the hood for the resonator. Does you car have one? In my case the DMS did not show any replacement but I did have to get the resonator installed to reduce the vibrations. Do check.
Quote:
However, when I did the dip stick check for the engine oil, observed significant amount of metal like particles on the dip stick.
These could be metal flakes from the dip stick. I observed the same thing during the PDI and when I changed oil during 1st service, I did not observe any metal flakes/bits in oil that was drained. Hence wipe the dip stick well - 2-3 times completely and then check if you find flakes the next time you check the oil level.

Quote:
I can see contacts only from SIM, not the complete phonebook.
As mentioned by Autoindian, I can see my complete phonebook. In-fact I dont have any sim contacts & all my contacts are on phone. Not sure if this is dependent on phone & OS that the phone is running. I am using a Mi4i running on Lollipop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
As i said i dont drive quite regular in the ESS
Checked with my SA & technician regarding ESS sensor problems in the TUV and they said they haven't got a single car that has reported this problem. Hoping that yours was a one off case and other dont face a similar issue.

Last edited by procrj : 15th February 2016 at 17:14.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 18:21   #738
BHPian

Quote:
I tried pairing my phone with the TUV 300. It went well. I got a prompt which said, downloading phone book. After download is complete, I can see contacts only from SIM, not the complete phonebook. I checked my phone settings, it is set to show both Sim and Phone contact. Did anybody face the same issue? Is there any work around or am I missing something?
The phonebook works well on my tank, White-rabbit. I have a Samsung Note Edge, it connects instantly and downloads the phonebook and call history quickly. All my contacts are online in my outlook account.

Suggest you try unpairing and pairing a couple of times. Also, it could be possible that the system is configured to pick up from only one source (SIM/Phone/Online), move all contacts from SIM to phone and see if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Have you checked under the hood for the resonator. Does you car have one?
Yes Procrj, resonator is already installed. The SA at MASS also double checked it.

Quote:
These could be metal flakes from the dip stick. I observed the same thing during the PDI and when I changed oil during 1st service, I did not observe any metal flakes/bits in oil that was drained. Hence wipe the dip stick well - 2-3 times completely and then check if you find flakes the next time you check the oil level.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will check and update.
rajpvrm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 18:27   #739
BHPian

I have deleted all the contacts from Sim now and will see how tank responds. My FE figures are very bad, as it is showing 10-11 KM/L . I wanted to check instant FE figures. Any Idea where is the OBDII port located? Also till date I couldn't open the driver seat tray. Anybody tried opening it?
Old 15th February 2016, 19:43   #740
BHPian

Getting delivery of my tank T8 AMT tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Old 15th February 2016, 19:51   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My FE figures are very bad, as it is showing 10-11 KM/L
Don't worry too much @ the FE figures until your odo crosses 5K kms. Also short sprints (< 5kms) take a heavy toll on FE figures. Go on a highway (long drive) and your FE will shoot up. The city and highway FE figures vary drastically for engines will smaller CC (cubic capacity). e.g The Ertiga diesel with 1.3L engine gives @ 15 kmpl for city drives, whereas for highway drives it can easily cross 20 kmpl mark (as reported by many TBHP members in their threads). As against this my 2.5L Innova diesel's kmpl figures were almost the same for city (12 kmpl) and highway (13 kmpl) drives. So for TUV as well the city-highway figures will have a gap of at least 3-4 kmpl.

Quote:
Also till date I couldn't open the driver seat tray. Anybody tried opening it?
I use it daily to keep my microfibre cloth. Don't just pull the tray horizontally. Lift it up vertically & then pull it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Wish you the very best. Please take lot of pictures. Hope you are taking the print of PDI with you.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th February 2016 at 19:52.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 20:11   #742
BANNED

I am getting on road price of 1014000 in Gurgaon for Dec. 2015 T8 AMT.
Is it ok ? or should I bargain harder for more ?
Old 15th February 2016, 20:45   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Could you please explain more?

What does the panhard rod do and didn't get the axle location part.
Others have explained already.
Coil springs are very good at spring action, useless at locating. Unlike leaf springs. So for coil sprung axles, one needs locating members like trailing arms and Panhard rods. Even leaf sprung cars can benefit from a Panhard rod, as location provided by leaf springs is not very precise.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th February 2016 at 08:26. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
Sutripta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 21:08   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I am getting on road price of 1014000 in Gurgaon for Dec. 2015 T8 AMT.
Is it ok ? or should I bargain harder for more ?
Jacksons, my recommendation - go for a 2016 model considering that M&M has fixed some initial issues at the plant itself e.g. Resonator. Plus, you may not be sure how the dealer stored or used the car for last 2 months. I am sure you have weighed in other options like the difference in resale value etc..

I was exactly in this situation last month and was going for a 2015 model. The dealer was giving me free insurance. However, at the time of delivery I found out from the chassis number that the car was a Oct 2015 one and not Dec 2015 as promised. I then got my booking changed to a Jan 2016 mfg. one and I am happy with what happened finally.

It's your call though. I am sure you'll take a decision that's best for you. Do negotiate really hard considering we are already in Feb. Free insurance + cash discount + some accessories at the least. The dealer will tell you that there's lot of demand for the 2015 car, that there is only one left, M&M is only allowing free insurance etc.. Don't go by that.

Learn from my mistake - take it in writing at the time of booking that the car is manufactured in December and not earlier than that. Also, ask them to tell you the chassis number before the car goes for insurance or registration.
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 00:30   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Wishing you a great time and experience.
Do post pics
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:08   #746
BHPian

Any TUV MT owners received a call about a recall to flash the ECU?
I received a call yesterday and i got it flashed today morning.
Took around 15 mins of time.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th February 2016 at 07:28. Reason: As requested
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:40   #747
BHPian

Took my TUV to hills last weekend. It had done 6500 KMs in 2 months of ownership, and all of those had been on highway drives - Mumbai, Kumaon and Chail/Shimla

I took the Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri-Shimla route for snow; and got lots of it. 2 KMs before Kufri, it was snowing pretty heavily, and there was ice on roads. TUV had done pretty good upto there, but it started losing traction on ice and fishtailed. I thought it was unsafe to take it further so beat a retreat.

Now toying with the idea of getting snow-chains
ntomer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 14:21   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Accessories Added

Amplifiers and Subwoofer

Sir, It will be great if you can share details of your set up. I am planning to install the same for my Tank.
Old 17th February 2016, 09:31   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Took my TUV to hills last weekend. It had done 6500 KMs in 2 months of ownership, and all of those had been on highway drives - Mumbai, Kumaon and Chail/Shimla

I took the Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri-Shimla route for snow; and got lots of it. 2 KMs before Kufri, it was snowing pretty heavily, and there was ice on roads. TUV had done pretty good upto there, but it started losing traction on ice and fishtailed. I thought it was unsafe to take it further so beat a retreat.

Now toying with the idea of getting snow-chains
Dear ntomer,

I am impressed! Now I have to seriously consider taking a decision!

Just a suggestion - since I have no experience of driving on ice, maybe - I am the wrong one to say this - but - just sharing a friend's experience. He is in the USA and does a lot of driving. If I remember right - he had said that chains are bad - better to get appropriate tyres. Just by 2 bits!!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 09:33   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Any TUV MT owners received a call about a recall to flash the ECU?
I received a call yesterday and i got it flashed today morning.
Took around 15 mins of time.
I had gone for the first service yesterday and post the service the SA informed me that the ECU has been flashed. Mine is a Nov'15 manufactured MT.

I have been facing an intermittent problem of a strange sound coming from the engine (a loud tempo like sound) and the engine loosing power at that time. It has happened with me 4 times over the last 2 months (3500 kms) and the sound automatically went away post driving for 5-10 mins. The SA told me that the ECU flashing would resolve the problem. Will be observing the car for a few days to see if the problem re-occurs.
rohit_11 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks