Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2016, 21:18   #646
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Some clarifications...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Some driving recommendations from my 2200 km driving experience,
1) Have your vehicle's underbody coated ...very minimal road noise completely ...
I mean the tyre noise here.

Quote:
So if we rev up to 2000rpm in 4th to reach 60 Kmph and then upshift to 5th then progress will be slow instead shift to 5th around 50kph(rpm around 1600) use the reserve part of the torque curve to gain momentum and catapult yourself to 80kmph
The progress is slowed down by the jerky nature (drop in torque)of up shifting to 5th from 4th at around 2000 rpm.
Old 26th January 2016, 21:20   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I usually hover around 90kmph to make use of the reserve for overtaking. I noticed the engine noise level inside the cabin peaks near the 80kph and drops drastically on either side of 80kph - other owners let me know if this is observed in your TUVs also..
This is very strange. In my case I do not notice any such behaviour. All throughout its peak torque rpm range (1500 to 2250), the engine noise level is pretty low. In fifth gear this rpm range corresponds to a speed of 60kmph to 90 kmph. Hardly any noise intrudes inside the cabin. All I can hear is the sweet turbo whistle. For highway cruising 80-100 kmph is the sweet spot. It is only 3000 rpm and beyond do I hear the coarse engine note.
Old 27th January 2016, 11:32   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Few Pics of My Tank as promised. Owner ship thread coming soon
Front Bumper Protector & Diffuser and Roof Lights
SPEEDY_RACER, your white tank with the modifications looks virile! I wanted a white TUV and had booked one, but due to a recent issue (refer my earlier posts) had to switch to my second choice - molten orange. White tank with black touches looks best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Yesterday was the second date - before you let your imagination run wild, allow me to step on the brakes. It was my second date with MASS.

Brake dust - do other owners also see large volumes of brake dust?
Sad to know this procrj. Surprisingly, M&M doesn't seem to have corrected the Vacuum Modulator/Resonator issue in the 2016 cars as well. This is really bad, if true.

What was the MASS's explanation for the brake dust?
Old 27th January 2016, 11:46   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
What was the MASS's explanation for the brake dust?
They said this is normal as I have driven 1100 kms in 4 days and not cleaned the alloys since. Not sure if other owners are also experiencing this

On another note, here is my ownership thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...t8-manual.html

OT: Now I know why mods take so long to get out new car official reviews. Its really hard to cover all aspects of the car and editing the draft takes a lot longer than putting together the draft. Hats off to the mods for the focus on quality & thoroughness of the review

Last edited by procrj : 27th January 2016 at 11:50.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 14:58   #650
BHPian

Re: Me My Tank and the Roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Front Bumper Protector & Diffuser and Roof Lights
Attachment 1464906
That looks awesome. Could you post a picture with the roof lights on. During day time do they look like DRLs ? A snap each during daytime and night would be brilliant.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th January 2016 at 10:23. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 27th January 2016, 17:31   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
That's a great feeling. I suggest, while returning take the Chorla Ghat/Belgaum route. If you hit Sanquelim (Sankhali) well before Dawn, you will have the pleasure of experiencing the static bending head lamps and the power steering.The ghat is uphill from Goa and the tank takes it with great comfort.

Would love to see the tank on the ferry.
Been there done that. But it was Amboli in the dark. Loved the static bending headlights. I took tank on the ferry to Divar Island. Will upload pictures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post

Awesome TaurusAI! Looking forward to your travelogue. I am eagerly waiting to get my tank and then plan a trip to Goa.

you'll wish for the hill hold assist.
True. But one you get used to the handbrake, it is fine. Only thing, the passengers inside the car get a bit worried seeing you working the handbrake vigorously at times.

Quote:

c) FDM - They claim that this usually fails in the first 200-300 km of driving

Brake dust - do other owners also see large volumes of brake dust?
Attachment 1465052
I remember reading here, someone's tank was stalled after driving 6k kms due to FDM. So the claim is not valid.

My tank has a large amount of brake dust as well. Guess it's common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This is very strange. In my case I do not notice any such behaviour. All throughout its peak torque rpm range (1500 to 2250), the engine noise level is pretty low. In fifth gear this rpm range corresponds to a speed of 60kmph to 90 kmph. Hardly any noise intrudes inside the cabin. All I can hear is the sweet turbo whistle. For highway cruising 80-100 kmph is the sweet spot. It is only 3000 rpm and beyond do I hear the coarse engine note.
I completely agree with you. I am back from Goa trip and drove on express highway with needle stuck on 120 kmph. At this speed the RPM was on 3000 and the NVH was pretty controlled if not very silent. My Ritz diesel used to make a louder sound in terms on engine and tyre noise. All those claims that TUV cannot go beyond 100 kmph were a big joke. I did not try to push beyond 120, but the tank had enough juice and I think 140 is not very difficult. Even when I own a AMT which has few points lesser power than the MT.

Overall my 1600 km trip ended on a beautiful note and without any hiccups.

CAUTION. Be very careful if your take your tank off-road. The rear wheel can get stuck easily especially on a slope and when your tank is nose up. The wheels only keep spinning. I had a narrow escape as I could take reverse and get the tank out when it refused to move ahead. I so wish this was a 4 wheel powered vehicle.
TaurusAl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 00:19   #652
Senior - BHPian

Hello! World,

This is my first post in Team-BHP. This official review and reviews by proud owners of TUV helped me immensely in choosing my latest vehicle TUV300 T8 MT

My Tank was delivered on 23 December 2015. So far I have completed 1650 kms without any issue, which includes one long drive from Bangalore to Mangalore and back. Mine is a November 2015 manufactured vehicle. Do I need to worry about any parts recall?

Couple of times, while driving at low speed I heard some noise from the engine, which was gone after driving few kms. Did anyone hear any engine noise at low speed?

Here is a picture of my tank:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv300.jpg  

airbus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 00:23   #653
BHPian

Wonderful to see so many buyer reviews and feedback - cherishing your moments of happiness via your notes on this forum.

While I’ve started my post on a positive note, there was an experience i would like to share that I faced today. While driving back from office to home (just 3kms) half way through, I felt the car develop a lag – I drive a T8 MT. Even at full throttle, the car just would not accelerate, at the same time the engine did roar our loud – and the drive for the next 200 mts was full of jerks. I immediately stopped my car, killed the engine, waited for a few seconds and restarted my engine. Post restart I revved the car two to three time and then killed the engine and let it rest. Waited for a few more seconds and started again and then the tank behaved itself and was event free until I reached home. Between killing the engine and restarting – did all the basic checks right from handbrake, eco mode, looked for any warnings on the instrument cluster – found nothing wrong.

I must tell you it was 10:30pm and I was psyched and fearing the worst when this happened. Not sure what caused this. The tank has covered close to 900 kms so far (27 days old).

I have already written to the Bangalore ASM with India Garage GM in loop. I’ve also asked them to check if FDM, Resonator/Modulator needs to be replaced. My tank rolled out of M&M’s factory sometime in October, so I fully suspect my tank too should be in line for a recall/replacement. I will keep this forum updated as things develop.

Do let me know if you’ve experienced this in your tank and what according to you could be the possible causes.
BattleTank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 07:11   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I got a second recall call just now. This one is for AMT ECU Software Flashing.
I would suggest that you get it done as you have no info on the parameters that the update will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
This official review and reviews by proud owners of TUV helped me immensely in choosing my latest vehicle TUV300 T8 MT
Welcome airbus & congratulations!
Quote:
Couple of times, while driving at low speed I heard some noise from the engine, which was gone after driving few kms. Did anyone hear any engine noise at low speed?
When you say engine noise, what kind of noise is this? Is it like a low rumble and do you feel vibrations on the A pedal? If yes, then you need to get the resonator fitted & maybe change the modulator as well. Do call MASS and ask them to let you know what replacements are required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
Even at full throttle, the car just would not accelerate, at the same time the engine did roar our loud – and the drive for the next 200 mts was full of jerks.
This could be because of the FDM module. Good that you have written to them. Call India Garage service centre head and talk to him/her regarding this & replacements. If you need the contact number of India Garage peenya service centre head, please pm me.

Last edited by procrj : 28th January 2016 at 07:14.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:04   #655

Quote:
While driving back from office to home (just 3kms) half way through, I felt the car develop a lag – I drive a T8 MT. Even at full throttle, the car just would not accelerate, at the same time the engine did roar our loud – and the drive for the next 200 mts was full of jerks.
I faced something similar on my T8 AMT. We just completed another 750 Kms Bangalore-Chennai roundtrip last weekend and this happened at the beginning of the trip. While we were just starting from Bangalore I noticed the noise from engine was louder than usual and gear shifts were sluggish. After about 3-4 kms the car started jerking quite a lot. I immediately stopped the car and killed the engine. I feared the worst as I suspected the rat trouble I had earlier, had returned. However when I opened the hood and checked, everything looked fine. After about 5 mins I restarted the car and it was perfectly normal. Drove without A/C for about half an hour. Continued with the trip to Chennai and came back and didn't face any further troubles. My car is up for the first service and I've booked it for this weekend. Will inform of this issue and see what the technicians say. So far I've only had my resonator replaced. The techs earlier said my FDM was not up for replacement. Will get them to check it again, along with the other parts that other members have mentioned.

While on servicing, anything particular to check for in the first service? So far I have these issues:
1. Electricals - going to ask the service center to clean the engine compartment and check the wires throughly to ensure the rat damage is gone (I got the rat spray which was recommended by forum members)
2. Brake dust - A lot of it in the front tyres only, want the techs to also confirm that this is normal
3. The high engine noise and jerks I explained here

Regarding the behaviour of the car, during the latest trip, it was quite normal except for the initial scare right at the beginning. Drove comfortably at higher than 110-120 kms at times and there were no issues.
Thanos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:08   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello! World, This is my first post in Team-BHP. This official review and reviews by proud owners of TUV helped me immensely in choosing my latest vehicle TUV300 T8 MT
Welcome to TBHP airbus and also to the proud TUV owner's club. Many congratulations on getting your TUV300 T8 MT

Quote:
I must tell you it was 10:30pm and I was psyched and fearing the worst when this happened. Not sure what caused this. The tank has covered close to 900 kms so far (27 days old).
Do let me know if you’ve experienced this in your tank and what according to you could be the possible causes.
Quote:
This could be because of the FDM module. Good that you have written to them. Call India Garage service centre head and talk to him/her regarding this & replacements. If you need the contact number of India Garage peenya service centre head, please pm me.
I agree with the suggestion of procrj above. When I went to MASS for my car's first service, I met the Service Head at the MASS and had a lengthy discussion with him for almost half an hour. When I probed him on the parts recall, the service head told me that there could be about 10% cars (10 in hundred), which might have been impacted due to the faulty FDM. There is a small float inside this FDM assembly. There was a likelihood that this float would get dislocated if the car went on rough roads/ potholes etc. This woudl result in fuel delivery problems. In the new design M&M has changed the dimensions/ tolerances, which would prevent this.

So you car could be one of those 10%. Without any further delay visit your nearest MASS and get the FDM replaced asap under warranty.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:21   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Sorry I lost the edit button to update my previous post, Mods please merge.

I got a second recall call just now. This one is for AMT ECU Software Flashing.

Anyone knows what this is and how important it is ? I have another highway trip of 300 kms planned for the weekend. So a bit concerned.
Ok, we have a new problem.

I think you should get it checked. While I hope this is nothing major and only for tuning some parameters (may be gear ratios in AMT?), M&M must be suspecting some issues. If it was just for improving performance or FE, they would have done it during your next service - it is common for service centers to flash ECUs during routine service, right?

Quote:
Hello! World,

This is my first post in Team-BHP. This official review and reviews by proud owners of TUV helped me immensely in choosing my latest vehicle TUV300 T8 MT
Congratulations and welcome to TBHP, airbus! Happy driving.
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:32   #658
BHPian

Got a call from India Garage GM av few mins back . And has promised to look at the issues reported by me. To be honest did not expect a response so soon from either Mahindra or the dealer. Will be taking the car to the ITPL service center on Saturday. Will keep you posted.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:41   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Hello! World,

My Tank was delivered on 23 December 2015. So far I have completed 1650 kms without any issue, which includes one long drive from Bangalore to Mangalore and back. Mine is a November 2015 manufactured vehicle. Do I need to worry about any parts recall?

Here is a picture of my tank:
Hello Battletank!, welcome to the forum! Congrats on your TUV, mine is a Nov 2015 model as well and I got a call from the service centre to get the Vacuum resonator fitted. I have been booked a slot for Saturday morning for the work. So please do check with your dealer/service centre on the parts recalled citing your TUV's VIN.
Old 28th January 2016, 13:02   #660
BHPian

A new thread has been opened for AMT software update

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...pdate-amt.html

Posting it here so no AMT owners miss it.

I will be going for update tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted on the process.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks