Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2016, 16:22   #766
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Where should i look for the immobiliser light? I don't see any light blinking when key is removed.
Old 20th February 2016, 16:49   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Conclusion was that the RHS power window needs to be replaced.
Not a good sign for TUV owners. One too many buzzes & recalls for my liking and it seems like M&M is always on the backfoot responding to these issues.
Quote:
When asked what was this about, the SA mentioned that this was needed for the immobilizer.
Before the ECU flush, was the immobilizer sign not flashing when you removed the key? OR was it irregular as mentioned by rajpvrm? I havent had any irregular behaviour. every time I take out the key the immobilizer sign comes on and it also beeps a few times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Where should i look for the immobiliser light? I don't see any light blinking when key is removed.
Security lamp = Immobilizer
Bottom right of the speedometer
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-immob.png

Also attaching the link where you can download PDF version of owners manual. I always have this on my phone for quick reference.
http://www.mahindratuv300.com/mahind...d=owner-manual

Last edited by procrj : 20th February 2016 at 16:55.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 18:17   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
As highlighted by procrj, it's on your instrument cluster on the bottom right. In my case, it's starts blinking once I remove the key and keeps blinking till I again put the key back in. (E.g. through the night).

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I take out the key the immobilizer sign comes on and it also beeps a few times
Audible beeps? I don't get any. But it blinks continuously till I am back. As mentioned in 4-3 of user manual, slow blinking continuously indicates vehicle is armed.

Quote:
Also attaching the link where you can download PDF version of owners manual.
Thanks for sharing the link. Good idea to have the manual handy on phone.
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 19:20   #769
BHPian

Sorry guys, the immobilizer is working very well. May be I missed blinking due to day light but has anyone tried mute/unmute function of RKE lock feature? I have tried all combinations but could not get that working.

Also noticed one thing that if I enter in the cabin and then lock doors using RKE without inserting it in to the ignition, it takes is as an intrusion and starts flashing lights and siren as soon as you insert key in ignition. Please try this and let me know if its normal.

Last edited by ezee : 20th February 2016 at 19:35.
Old 20th February 2016, 20:38   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before the ECU flush, was the immobilizer sign not flashing when you removed the key? OR was it irregular as mentioned by rajpvrm?
The red LED light of the immobilizer would blink on key removal. I never found any issue with it. Since my car was listed in their list for this recall I went ahead with this job. Not sure though if this ICU flashing. flushing has really made any difference.

I have finalized the seat covers for my TUV today, a combination of black and burnt orange. Also purchased some stuff from the shop. Sharing details on my ownership thread.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 22:32   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Audible beeps? I don't get any.
3 short beeps when the key is still inserted but the driver side door is open. I guess its to warn the driver to take the key while exiting the car.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 18:09   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been a month since I got the red dwarf home and hence decided to take it out for a longish drive. Teaser pic

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-r1.jpg

More pics & updates on my ownership thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:20   #773
BHPian

This morning the DTE on my tank was 64 when I started for work. I was in a hurry and took a chance by not filling up. Drove 29 Kms to work and when I reached the DTE was 24.
  • The tank yelled at me (in it's hoarse voice) twice during the drive that it "was on reserve fuel".
  • While I drove 29 Km, the DTE went down by 40. Obviously owing to the mad Monday morning traffic.
  • At around 25-28 on DTE, the last bar on the fuel gauge also vanished. At this point, I was really worried that the engine will flame out in heavy traffic
  • I know the DTE is fairly inaccurate. Has anyone gone below 24 on DTE?

There's a fuel station 100 meters away from my work. I'll feed the tank till its full before I head out and also take a check on the mileage.
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:43   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
At around 25-28 on DTE, the last bar on the fuel gauge also vanished. At this point, I was really worried that the engine will flame out in heavy traffic I know the DTE is fairly inaccurate. Has anyone gone below 24 on DTE? There's a fuel station 100 meters away from my work. I'll feed the tank till its full before I head out and also take a check on the mileage.
rajpvrm, you should never ever run your fuel tank completely dry. This can seriously damage you fuel injection pump (FIP). It is the fuel only which keeps the FIP lubricated. Imagine a machine running without lubrication, what would happen to its moving parts? The ideal thumb rule is you should do refueling immediately on reaching the 1/4th mark on the fuel gauge (i.e when you have two bars left on your fuel gauge). I have never run my TUV when the DTE was showing 160 kms or below, without refueling it.

Edit: I just recollected one observation and thought of checking with you guys. On Sunday when I opened my bonnet to check the fluid levels I observed that the flashers/ blinkers were not working, which should happen automatically on opening the bonnet. Now this happened on Sunday, whereas I had got the ICU flashing job done on Saturday from MASS. Does this ICU flashing has any connection with the blinkers not operating automatically on opening the bonnet. Those of you who have got the ICU flashing done, can you please check this and confirm?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd February 2016 at 13:59.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:14   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I observed that the flashers/ blinkers were not working
Deepak - the actuator marked in red controls the flashing. When fully depressed, the flashing stops. Check if this is still depressed when you raise the bonnet.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv30002.jpg
Pic Source: Official review
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:44   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Deepak - the actuator marked in red controls the flashing. When fully depressed, the flashing stops. Check if this is still depressed when you raise the bonnet.
Attachment 1478980
Good point procj . Will check this today evening while returning from office.
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:42   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1478980
Quote:
Good point procj . Will check this today evening while returning from office.
Procrj mate you were spot on in your diagnosis, 100% marks to you . Somehow I co-related this observation to the ICU flashing as that was the only change happened in my car recently.

After reaching home I lifted the bonnet and the hazard lights were still not blinking. I then pressed the black plastic plunger switch (highlighted by you in the picture above) and voila, the lights started blinking when it was released. I then shut the bonnet down and they stopped after 3 blinks. I did the exercise again, but the plunger seems to have got stuck in downward position . I then pushed it down & up, couple of times to free up the spring. Now it is working perfectly fine. On lifting the bonnet the blinking starts and on shutting it it stops after 3 blinks.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd February 2016 at 18:43.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:25   #778
BHPian

Quote:
rajpvrm, you should never ever run your fuel tank completely dry. This can seriously damage you fuel injection pump (FIP). It is the fuel only which keeps the FIP lubricated. Imagine a machine running without lubrication, what would happen to its moving parts? The ideal thumb rule is you should do refueling immediately on reaching the 1/4th mark on the fuel gauge (i.e when you have two bars left on your fuel gauge). I have never run my TUV when the DTE was showing 160 kms or below, without refueling it.
I believe all modern day cars have some unusable fuel to save the injector and/or other parts. I had read this my previous car's user manual. Yesterday, my DTE was down to 19 by the time I reached the fuel station. However, the tank drank only 53 L of fuel against the capacity of 60 L.

But agree with you, AutoIndian. No fun in taking this chance. Will be more careful.

BTW, this was my 3rd full tank. The previous fill gave 12.89 kmpl and happy with this. It went up from 12.5 and hope it will go up further after the first service. Note, all of my 1400+ km run has been in the city. The average per km cost is INR 4.09 which is really good for an AMT/AT SUV.

After my yesterday's experiment (or stupidity) I have realized that the DTE is fairly accurate at low fuel levels. But at tank full it's way off. Or it is programmed to calculate at ARAI mileage figures quoted by M&M. Yesterday, it said 966 after my fill which is 17.8 kmpl assuming 54 L of usable fuel.
Old 24th February 2016, 09:27   #779
BHPian

Yesterday was a bit frustrating day, as I had to spend whole day at service center. Its been only 6 days since I got the delivery of my TUV T8 AMT. Due to problems reported in an earlier thread I went to service center with following problems:

- FM reception was very poor
- Jerky feeling at low speeds and while using creek function
- Loose hand break
- Chipped off paint from fuel lid

I reached service centre at around 12 in the noon hoping for early resolution of problems (as I had already informed the service manager).

Firstly they checked the jerks with test ride and felt same as I explained, immediately they connected the ODB laptop and flashed new ECU software (earlier 18.3.3 now 18.3.5) along with infotainment software and couple of other flashings (could not guess what were those). Then they checked with OBD and found everything OK, followed by a test ride which was satisfactory as that time.

Then lifted the vehicle up and fixed the loose hand break. But the real problem started when technicians started looking for the problem in infotainment unit. After spending around 2 hours and changing the antenna wire twice, problems were still same. So leaving problem as it was they sent the vehicle for paint job, where they just touched up the affected area.

Now after waiting for another hour and few shouting's, second round of problem resolution started with some senior technicians involved. They again checked with infotainment system procured from test vehicle and results were same, but this time problem area was narrowed down to the antenna wire connecting from system to a joint in the compartment below steering wheel (antenna wire is in two parts). But to change that wire they had to open the dashboard. But suddenly a miracle happened and FM started working on its own and it was already 6:30 by then, so I took the gate pass and left in a hurry with a promise to return back if problem re-occurs.

Now while coming back to home (around 20 KM) in a traffic jam again I noticed some jerks while using creep. I don't know if its normal. But they day finally ended. Lets see what's waiting next...!
ezee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 12:37   #780
BHPian

About get delivery of T8 AMT in couple of weeks.

I need information on basic accessories:

1. Floor mats.

2. Somehow feeling that Rear camera is must. wifey will be driving to office in tank on weekdays. so concerned

3. is Underchasis Coating required? how much does it cost?
My wagonr in 2007 had this done at dealer. not sure about current trend

4. Door and bumper protectors

6. Any other suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks