Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 10:35   #691
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Finally, arrives my Orange thunder. 2016 Molten Orange T8 AMT. The car was delivered on Monday, 1st Feb.
Congrats rajpvrm!

wishing you a great time ahead with tank.

Could please share the accessories details?

Last edited by chetans : 5th February 2016 at 10:37.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 14:25   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Congrats rajpvrm. Wishing you many happy miles with the tank.
Thanks procrj.

Quote:
Looks like you got all pillars wrapped Please post more pics of the car from front and also front 3 quarter profile. Also the door protection with TUV branding looks very good. How much did that cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Congrats rajpvrm!

wishing you a great time ahead with tank.

Could please share the accessories details?
Thanks chetans.

I got the following accessories -
  • Roof and Pillar Decal - I got the entire roof and pillars wrapped in black. This costed 15,500. I just love this combi look. Will click and post some pics soon.
  • TUV300 branded side body moulds for 1200
  • Beige color seat covers for 7,500. Its not neat at all - apparently a new pattern from M&M and unlike the one put by Thanos it has pleats which I don't like. Will click and post some pics.
  • 7 piece floor mats with TUV branding for 3,500
  • Mudflaps for 750. Sad M&M charges for this.
rajpvrm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 14:54   #693
Senior - BHPian

To enquire about parts recall for my vehicle, I called Mahindra Customer Care about one week back and they had no clue on parts recall. Then I called Sireesh Auto Service, though they assured me that they will call me back with the details, the call never came. Frustrated with this , today morning I sent an email to Mahindra Customer Care and Sireesh Auto Service. Just now I got a call from Deputy Manager, Sireesh Auto Service that only one part is listed for recall in my vehicle, that is "vacuum reserve oil filter". I plan to take the vehicle to Sireesh Auto Service tomorrow morning .

Did anyone get a call for this particular part replacement?
Old 5th February 2016, 14:58   #694

Congratulations rajpvrm! The Orange Tank looks stunning! Few comments on your observations:

Quote:
  • One observation though, the actual jerk or the gear change is felt a good 2 seconds after the number on the gear display has changed. Other AMT users - do you feel the same?
  • I can feel the slight rattling in the left front door, as reported by many of you here. Will have to check with service center.
Yes even I've noticed the gear changes in the display first and then you can feel the gear actually changing. I think this is quite normal.

I also had this rattling sound near the left door earlier on. In my first outstation trip it was there for sometime but after that it completely disappeared. I haven't noticed it since. I remember my wife saying it was the AC vent on the left from where she noticed the sound, but anyway it longer is there.

Quote:
Thanks procrj.

[*]Roof and Pillar Decal - I got the entire roof and pillars wrapped in black. This costed 15,500. I just love this combi look. Will click and post some pics soon.

The accessories do look wonderful. Do post more pics. Looks like these are new as most of it wasn't available when I purchased in Dec starting.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:52   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
that is "vacuum reserve oil filter"
Are you sure you heard him right and he did not mean vacuum resonator which is the most commonly replaced part on TUVs
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 17:05   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure you heard him right and he did not mean vacuum resonator which is the most commonly replaced part on TUVs
I believe, I heard her right (caller was a lady), in fact confirmed couple of times by repeating what she said and while on the phone I typed it in my computer to do a Google search

Anyway, tomorrow I will visit Sireesh Auto Service and further enquire about this.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 18:07   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, arrives my Orange thunder. 2016 Molten Orange T8 AMT. The car was delivered on Monday, 1st Feb.
Many congratulations on getting the delivery of your 2016 Molten Orange T8 AMT.

Quote:
However, the delivery experience with Global Gallarie in Thane was disappointing.
That is quite frustrating. Though the after sales service of Mahindra is at par with the competition the sales and dealers leave much to be desired. They simply lack the professionalism shown by the staff of top two auto companies in India. For years the primary target market for M&M has been the countryside and rural folks their target customers. XUV onwards there have been a major shift in their customer base and more and more city folks are accepting brand Mahindra. The company hasn't simply figured out how to handle this sophisticated clientele at dealer level. Hope they do it fast else it won't take people long to turn their backs on Mahindra.

Quote:
Yesterday, wrote a long mail to Mahindra Customer Care, Jakkan Prabhakar the ASM of Mumbai and Sandeep Dhond - M&M VP for Customer Care about the overall experience. Got a call from the GM of dealer to discuss in detail today.
When you write/ call to customer care a prompt feedback is guaranteed

Quote:
Thanks to all of you for your informative posts here. It helped greatly in taking an informed decision. Really happy with the purchase and looking forward to zooming the tank away from bustles of Mumbai.
Please do share a lot of pictures and start your ownership thread asap, we are looking forward to it. You will know the true potential of the tank once you hit the highway, so plan a highway trip at the earliest

Quote:
  • Roof and Pillar Decal - I got the entire roof and pillars wrapped in black. This costed 15,500. I just love this combi look. Will click and post some pics soon.
  • TUV300 branded side body moulds for 1200
  • Beige color seat covers for 7,500. Its not neat at all - apparently a new pattern from M&M and unlike the one put by Thanos it has pleats which I don't like. Will click and post some pics.
  • 7 piece floor mats with TUV branding for 3,500
  • Mudflaps for 750. Sad M&M charges for this.
Thanks for sharing that info. The Roof and Pillar Decal is superbly done and enhances the look of an already fantastic looking tank. Did you get it done at 3M or elsewhere? TUV300 branded side body moulds are also good. I was thinking of door protectors (the small ones with steel top), but the ones you fitted is also a good option.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:49   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the TUV Users club @rajpvrm, looks like you have dressed your car for a party on its very first drive.

Quote:
  • Roof and Pillar Decal - I got the entire roof and pillars wrapped in black. Will click and post some pics soon.
I had enquired for the Roof wrap earlier (not for the TUV) I was discouraged by the vendor (@Milan SubWay).He said we generally do not put this on cars with ribbed roof as there are chances of Air pockets being formed while applying the film. I am sure your guy might have done a good job. Would love to see the top picture.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/155638.jpg
Sirvoicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 11:03   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Inching closer to the 3K mark The tank is driving like a charm and has not given me any reason to be dissatisfied with it apart from the initial niggles. Even the door rattle seems to have sorted itself out and now the drive @ 100 is blissfully smooth.

Will be getting new seat covers today evening from Imperial Leathers. Will update ownership thread with pics.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1img_20160206_090439_hdr.jpg
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 21:04   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Inching closer to the 3K mark The tank is driving like a charm and has not given me any reason to be dissatisfied with it apart from the initial niggles. Even the door rattle seems to have sorted itself out and now the drive @ 100 is blissfully smooth.
Good to know that you are enjoying your tank and it is almost niggle free now. Same is the case with my tank, almost niggle free except that odd buzz from right door when I am the lone occupant. The tank behaves itself when it is fully occupied and is absolutely silent The rate at which your odo is ticking, I guess you will soon catch up with me. My odo is at 3.7K km.

Quote:
Will be getting new seat covers today evening from Imperial Leathers. Will update ownership thread with pics.
please share the complete details asap with pictures. This is one of the topmost priority in the list of my things. Not that the existing fabric seats are bad, a set of good seat covers would definitely enhance the ambience multi-fold.
Old 7th February 2016, 08:19   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
please share the complete details asap with pictures.
Details and pics updated on ownership thread
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-s02.jpg
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 16:13   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats rajpvrm.
Looks like you got all pillars wrapped Please post more pics of the car from front and also front 3 quarter profile. Also the door protection with TUV branding looks very good. How much did that cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
The accessories do look wonderful. Do post more pics. Looks like these are new as most of it wasn't available when I purchased in Dec starting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The Roof and Pillar Decal is superbly done and enhances the look of an already fantastic looking tank. Did you get it done at 3M or elsewhere? TUV300 branded side body moulds are also good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
I had enquired for the Roof wrap earlier (not for the TUV) I was discouraged by the vendor (@Milan SubWay).He said we generally do not put this on cars with ribbed roof as there are chances of air pockets being formed while applying the film. I am sure your guy might have done a good job. [b]Would love to see the top picture.
Some pics of my car and the roof decal that I got done from M&M dealer only and not 3M. Not sure how long it will last but he has done a decent job. There are 2-3 minor bubbles/cuts but you'll find them only on a very careful observation in good light. Otherwise it looks quite neatly done. Moreover, I believe you can get some careful patch work done if it starts coming off or is damaged in one place.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135422.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135747.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135826.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135818.jpg

These are the seat covers that I got from the dealer. They don't look great and I hate the pleats. Just love what Procrj has done for his tank for 12K . I wasted 7.5K on the dealer for this.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135850.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135904.jpg

The incorrectly sized mats from M&M are also bad.

I do feel slight vibrations or 'click' sound on my A-pedal sometimes. However, I am not sure if its psychological after reading the posts here . A M&M guy came to my place yesterday to give a basic product demo; I knew everything that he told me over 40 minutes. I asked him about the recalls and he said the the vacuum resonator recall is not for AMT and the FDM must have been fixed in a Jan 2016 car. This was, I think, a generic answer.

Can you please let me know if the black small round unit is actually the vacuum resonator in my car?

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_134638.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_134647.jpg

I was referring to the image of the vacuum resonator in Procrj's post here POST . Also, what is the metal/steel round cylinder?
rajpvrm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 16:16   #703
BHPian

Got my first service (2900 km) done last week at the company Service centre at Raey Road. The entrance to the workshop▼ is à la Batman (Garage through waterfall)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-sr01.jpg

Got the following things done,
1.Oil Filter replaced
2.Oil changed
3.Dashboard vibration (Noise) corrected
4.Replaced Driver seat belt (The original had lost tension and did not roll back easily when released)
5.Gear shift softened.

Observations.
The car runs noticeably smooth after the service.There is no (new) part recall after the Resonator and FDM replacement.
The issue has been sorted out at manufacturing for deliveries in 2016.(For AMT Users) The AMT has a software upgrade for better gear box operation.

The service centre is buzzing with activity.The existing staff just about takes care of Scorpio/XUV/TUV, the KUV deliveries have started. I have a feeling, in months to come when more M&M cars are on the road it will be very challenging for the company to meet service commitments to the best of customer expectations.
Final cleaning in progress.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-sr02.jpg
Sirvoicar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 19:19   #704
BHPian

So finally I had a chance to have first look of my Orange Tank (T8 AMT) as SA informed me about arrival of my TUV at showroom. I rushed and had a look with a quick PDI. Found everything fine but did not get a chance to drive.

Serial number indicated its a JAN 16 manufactured. Found the most discussed Resonator or modulator already fitted and SA also informed me that it has been already updated with latest ECU software.

Looking forward for a smooth delivery on 16th Feb (I have delayed due to some reason).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160206_125422.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160206_124959.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160206_124951.jpg  

ezee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 19:54   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
So finally I had a chance to have first look of my Orange Tank (T8 AMT) as SA informed me about arrival of my TUV at showroom. I rushed and had a look with a quick PDI. Found everything fine but did not get a chance to drive.
Many congratulations on getting the first glimpse of your tank.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks