Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 23:33   #1561
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

So, As an owner of another Zeta, I'm delighted to see that someone managed (finally) to get the genuine projectors from MGP, which to my knowledge was not possible earlier. May be still isn't with majority of MGP dealer in India ? So this got me searching for projectors for the Baleno and came across this offering from Autoglam.in (first time on this site) and the seller seems to be making some tall claims here. Someone who is learned in the technical aspects of projectors, please have a go at this.

copy paste from the site:

Parking Mode: AUDI Style Daytime Running Lights + Projector Ring turns ON

Indicator Mode: AUDI Style Daytime Running Lights turns to Orange Color and switch back to White once the Indicator is OFF.

Headlight High/Low Beam: There is Shutter inside the Projector which works UP/DOWN on High/Low Beam.

Video demo:

HID COLOR TEMPERATURE: 6000K(Pure Crystal Cool White HID Output)

Video demo:

MGP projectors for both sides would cost around 40K, this is around 35,000, kind of high. Anyone think this is worth the risk ?

Last edited by tjacob : 18th December 2016 at 23:40.
Old 18th December 2016, 23:42   #1562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob;4112092L
MGP projectors for both sides would cost around 40K, this is around 35,000, kind of high. Anyone think this is worth the risk ?
It's not at all worth and priced very high. All these aftermarket headlights have cheap Chinese projectors and it's just tube type DRL ( Audi type?? ). MGP projectors would be worth for just 5K more and you will retain the OEM looks too. Another option is to retrofit good quality projector from Morimoto or Xenon Planet. It would work out cheaper than 35K for sure.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 22:32   #1563
BHPian

Hi all, I had booked a Baleno Alpha Petrol, Premium Autumn Orange on 8th October, 2016. I intended to purchase this car on Company Car Lease Scheme. I had paid a sum of Rs.11,000/- as booking advance.

On this Saturday (17.12.2016) I had checked with my RM of NEXA PASCO (Gurgaon) on my booking status. Though I have been given an expectation of end - January, 2017, delivery, I was also informed that from January 2017 onwards there would be a price rise, pls.

Can anybody throw some light on the expected price rise.

When I checked with him on the basis and authenticity, I was informed that it is regular for Maruti to increase the price at the beginning of each year.
Old 21st December 2016, 05:53   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Hi all, I had booked a Baleno Alpha Petrol, Premium Autumn Orange on 8th October, 2016.

When I checked with him on the basis and authenticity, I was informed that it is regular for Maruti to increase the price at the beginning of each year.

Don't bother much. It is a regular ploy by all car manufacturers to give such statements in December every year to push up clearing existing year stocks which people don't buy in the new year. Given that post demonetisation the vehicle sales have slowed down don't think the quantum of the increase if any will be big enough to offset the new year model that you would be getting. Enjoy your car. I have a Zeta Automatic and I'm falling in love as every day is passing. Just wish they had the automatic option in Alpha.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:20   #1565
BHPian

I got my Autumn Orange Baleno 1.2 Alpha petrol delivered a few days back.

Everything looks fine, the car seems to be a quiet, sorted and efficient city commuter. No hassles so far, except for the fact that the Auto Headlamps seem to have a mind of their own. They just dont go off sometime during daylight. Dont know if anyone else has the same experience. Will get it checked during first service. It comes on and off most of the time based on the ambient light, but there are times where it just stays on.

Otherwise, yes, the suspension seems to be a bit stiff but I like that feel. Will need to see how it behaves when fully loaded, with bags in the boot as well. The tyres are now at 29psi.

The steering is quite nice to hold, and I liked the feel, definitely more responsive than my i20.

I am still running her in, only covered around 150+ km so far. Looking at some drives during the weekend .

Any quick comments on what RPM I should limit her to in the first 1000km? the manual doesnt specify anything. I have taken her upto 2500 and sometimes 3000 for gear changes once in a while, I found it to be quite a natural zone for the engine to go through the gears.

The DTE is a bit of a mystery for me, shows something like 330 km with the tank almost full and avg efficiency being shown as around 16. I think it may self-adjust a bit after the next fill.

Also, the map is a bit underwhelming. Well it helps to have a map, but getting directions is a bit of a pain, most of what I try to type in doesnt seem to be in its database. I will stick to google maps as a back-up option.

They gave a nice TOM-TOM multicharger pin that has a couple of usb slots in addition to cigarett lighter-type charging port of its own, and a couple of nice cushions along with the delivery. Not sure whether it is something standard along with all deliveries, or dealer-specific.

I just bought a boot-mat as an accessory. I was advised to pick up many things and there was a mini sales pitch around seat covers, side strips, skirts etc etc., but I didnt really want to buy anything at this stage.

Overall the delivery was a smooth affair.

The car is being driven quite sedately now, but I can feel the potential under the hood. I think it will be a good experience to open her up a bit after the run-in period.

Oh, and the glove compartment is quite small :-(
Bigzero is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:52   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Congratulations Bigzero, nice color choice. Please upload some pictures of your car for viewing pleasure. I Haven't seen an Orange Baleno Alpha till now.

Quote:
Everything looks fine, the car seems to be a quiet, sorted and efficient city commuter. No hassles so far, except for the fact that the Auto Headlamps seem to have a mind of their own.
That's how Auto Headlamps work, they don't work as expected, especially in our conditions. I don't prefer this feature, instead I switch on the headlights as soon as the sunset begins.

Quote:
The DTE is a bit of a mystery for me, shows something like 330 km with the tank almost full and avg efficiency being shown as around 16. I think it may self-adjust a bit after the next fill.
This happens if you don't reset the trip meter after refuelling. Because these Range & Fuel Efficiency readings are directly linked with Tripmeter. Next time after refuelling, try & reset the Tripmeter.

Quote:
They gave a nice TOM-TOM multicharger pin that has a couple of usb slots in addition to cigarett lighter-type charging port of its own, and a couple of nice cushions along with the delivery. Not sure whether it is something standard along with all deliveries, or dealer-specific.
These are part of Standard Accessories.They are mandatory, but also a money looting thing IMO.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:07   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Congratulations Bigzero, nice color choice. Please upload some pictures of your car for viewing pleasure. I Haven't seen an Orange Baleno Alpha till now.

Thanks for the comments!

Yes I will try to upload a pic during the weekend.

Orange wasnt my choice, My wife was leaning towards it and I gave in. As such she is likely to use the car more. I had bought only Silver coloured cars till this one

But once I saw it in the flesh, I had to agree with her choice. It looks beautiful, and stands out a bit in the crowd of blue balenos that we have in the neighbourhood...
Bigzero is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 19:53   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post

Everything looks fine, the car seems to be a quiet, sorted and efficient city commuter. No hassles so far, except for the fact that the Auto Headlamps seem to have a mind of their own. They just dont go off sometime during daylight. Dont know if anyone else has the same experience. Will get it checked during first service. It comes on and off most of the time based on the ambient light, but there are times where it just stays on.
Congratulations on your new car

Even I got the same problem with auto headlamps, vehicle ahead of you might think that you are flashing headlights at him. It's unreliable, better don't use it.
Old 27th December 2016, 11:47   #1569
BHPian

Baleno to come with ISOFIX child seat points. See below link for details.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/12/m...updates-253433

Mod :- Please move this to correct thread if needed.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 18:46   #1570

Hi everyone, my first post on team bhp.

Received my Ray blue baleno zeta 1.2 last week. Poor man’s alfa giulietta. Can't get enough of looking at it. Neither of driving it.

I booked it on August 30th. The Nexa experience was not smooth due to some hiccups. The RM called me on 8th November that car is going to be dispatched soon but then the Manesar factory stopped dispatching cars to dealerships to clear CSD bookings. I was asked to wait 15 days and then after waiting they told me factory stopped production due to unknown reason. I was asked to wait again. Nexa kept promising 2-3 days and I was very frustrated at that point. They made me wait another 20 days and then the car finally arrived on 14th dec and I took delivery on the same day. To my surprise, the reason for production delay was addition of two features: ISOFIX mounts and Ride height increase with other suspension changes. I could not be happier as I just became a father this November. So ISOFIX is welcome addition and the suspension fix was a long overdue I think with so many complaints since the launch. It is still stiff but the bounciness seems to be gone. I test drove an alpha (same tyres and wheels as zeta) in August and it was bouncing all over the place on shallow undulations, with 4 people on board that is. Mine does not so the wait was worth it.

I test drove i20 also and was not impressed by the engine. Baleno on the other hand was in another league. The build is lighter but I drive responsibly and don't plan on running into others on the road.

Some numbers:
  • Keeping the rpm under 2000 mostly with few bursts to 2500 sometimes. Going to take it to 3000 after first service.
  • ODO was 25kms when I received it. Currently at 650kms. That is in 10 days with city usage mostly.
  • Mileage 17.8 kmpl city and 23.6 kmpl highway (MID). Did not do a tankful method but real world mileage seems very close.
  • Tank capacity of 37 liters is good enough. Did 600 kms with ~35 liters of fuel. So that almost matches and MID number above.

Attaching some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161226_120910.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161226_120932.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161226_120944.jpg  

wantedDoA is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 19:36   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantedDoA View Post

Received my Ray blue baleno zeta 1.2 last week. Poor man’s alfa giulietta. Can't get enough of looking at it. Neither of driving it.
Welcome on board wantedDoA

Congratulations on you're Baleno Zeta 1.2

Those 2 changes (ISOFIX Points & Improved Suspension) are welcoming.

I have also booked a Baleno Delta Petrol (Ray Blue) on December 15th. Dealer has promised me delivery before 31st December which is just few days away. Let me see if this promise is a reality.

I guess the ride on the Higher Profile tyres of the Delta will be even better.
Which tyres does you're Baleno come with ?

Last edited by CarguyNish : 27th December 2016 at 19:40.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 08:59   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantedDoA View Post

I booked it on August 30th. The Nexa experience was not smooth due to some hiccups. The RM called me on 8th November that car is going to be dispatched soon but then the Manesar factory stopped dispatching cars to dealerships to clear CSD bookings. I was asked to wait 15 days and then after waiting they told me factory stopped production due to unknown reason. I was asked to wait again. Nexa kept promising 2-3 days and I was very frustrated at that point. They made me wait another 20 days and then the car finally arrived on 14th dec and I took delivery on the same day. To my surprise, the reason for production delay was addition of two features: ISOFIX mounts and Ride height increase with other suspension changes. I could not be happier as I just became a father this November. So ISOFIX is welcome addition and the suspension fix was a long overdue I think with so many complaints since the launch. It is still stiff but the bounciness seems to be gone. I test drove an alpha (same tyres and wheels as zeta) in August and it was bouncing all over the place on shallow undulations, with 4 people on board that is. Mine does not so the wait was worth it.
Welcome to Team-BHP wantedDoA! And heartiest congratulations on your new ride.

Baleno does tick most of the right boxes. The major issue was the bumpy rear suspension. I have taken a couple of TDs earlier & the rear passengers were far from pleased! The package otherwise is very nice indeed. I'm glad to hear that you don't feel the bumpiness in your car.

However, there is no official news regarding the tweaks to the suspension as such. Did your RM tell you about Maruti Suzuki carrying out any modifications to the suspension set-up? Even the brochure still mentions the ground clearance to be 170 mm.
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 10:16   #1573
BHPian

Just came across an article (here) highlighting minor additions to Baleno and S-Cross. The article mentions the addition of ISOFIX child seats. Maybe they have made some changes to the suspension too.
Old 28th December 2016, 15:10   #1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Welcome on board wantedDoA

Congratulations on you're Baleno Zeta 1.2

Those 2 changes (ISOFIX Points & Improved Suspension) are welcoming.

I have also booked a Baleno Delta Petrol (Ray Blue) on December 15th. Dealer has promised me delivery before 31st December which is just few days away. Let me see if this promise is a reality.

I guess the ride on the Higher Profile tyres of the Delta will be even better.
Which tyres does you're Baleno come with ?
Thanks CarguyNish. Yes it should be better with those 15 inch tyres but I have not driven one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP wantedDoA! And heartiest congratulations on your new ride.

Baleno does tick most of the right boxes. The major issue was the bumpy rear suspension. I have taken a couple of TDs earlier & the rear passengers were far from pleased! The package otherwise is very nice indeed. I'm glad to hear that you don't feel the bumpiness in your car.

However, there is no official news regarding the tweaks to the suspension as such. Did your RM tell you about Maruti Suzuki carrying out any modifications to the suspension set-up? Even the brochure still mentions the ground clearance to be 170 mm.
Thanks red.devil_19. The showroom manager of NEXA Ambala informed of two changes, ISOFIX and ground clearance upgrade of 10mm, with other changes. I have not compared my car with any other yet but it is certainly not bouncy like the test drive car I drove in August.
wantedDoA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 10:13   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's not at all worth and priced very high. All these aftermarket headlights have cheap Chinese projectors and it's just tube type DRL ( Audi type?? ). MGP projectors would be worth for just 5K more and you will retain the OEM looks too. Another option is to retrofit good quality projector from Morimoto or Xenon Planet. It would work out cheaper than 35K for sure.

As Dr. Naren said, it is not at all worth it.

A good quality custom retrofit would cost maximum 30k for a pair. And you will get to choose the components with warranty!

Though I have concerns regarding the original warranty on car by the OEM. As per my RM, it is bound to get void.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks