Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2017, 19:21   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

But, reading at the above post by BHPian Volkman10, the ground clearance issue doesn't seem to be mentioned by others.

Did anyone face this problem.
Ride is on stiffer side no doubt, but I have not encountered any ground clearance issues till now even in fully loaded conditions.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 19:29   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, reading at the above post by BHPian Volkman10, the ground clearance issue doesn't seem to be mentioned by others.

Did anyone face this problem.
I have driven more than 14000 KM and I have not managed to scrap the underbody even once . My car is from the first batch and yes it has super stiff ride. Many new owners have reported that ride quality is better. I guess Maruti has "softened" the suspension a bit. Anyways thanks to stiff setup, Baleno is pretty good on corners

Out of all the cars in my garage,

Handling : Baleno > SX4 > S-Cross > Grand I10 > Kwid

Ride Quality : Kwid > Grand I10 > SX4=S-Cross > Baleno
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 19:31   #1608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Ride is on stiffer side no doubt, but I have not encountered any ground clearance issues till now even in fully loaded conditions.
Even I haven't faced the scraping issue.

Regarding Ride, I tried with various pressure, but found 29 all around to be the best combination for Smoothness & Efficiency.

Since you have Baleno, may I ask you what is the difference in FE between the value shown on MID & in real. (Tankful Method).

Last edited by CarguyNish : 9th January 2017 at 19:33.
Old 9th January 2017, 19:34   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have Baleno, may I ask you what is the difference in FE between the value shown on MID & in real. (Tankful Method).
It varies between 1.5 to 2 kmpl, with MID showing higher figures.
I calculate Tankfull to Tankfull, my Tankfull being auto-cutoff.

My last tankfull got me 17kmpl, while MID was at 17.9.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 19:36   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what is the difference in FE between the value shown on MID & in real. (Tankful Method).
What a timing!! I did tankfull sometime back . MID had showed 18.7 KMPL and actual FE is 17.6 KMPL. I have observed that MID usually shows around 1 KMPL more.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:43   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Not sure if Maruti will upgrade our suspension.
If it does not, can urethane add-on be used to soften suspension?
Has anyone ever tried it, to know how effective it is?
Old 10th January 2017, 17:00   #1612
BHPian

Quote:

My Baleno returns 17+ here in Pune on the MID, so I guess I should be reasonably happy with that? Just crossed 700 km on the ODO.

The service guys sprayed a dashboard shine during the first service, which has dulled the new car smell a bit :(

Overall good going, except for the slight reluctance to get moving in first gear..
Bigzero is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 19:00   #1613
BHPian

Do anyone opted for the Arm Rest from outside other than the one provided in official accessories ?
Old 10th January 2017, 21:44   #1614
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What a timing!! I did tankfull sometime back . MID had showed 18.7 KMPL and actual FE is 17.6 KMPL. I have observed that MID usually shows around 1 KMPL more.
I echo the same, MID shows 1 KMPL more when the average is between 16 to 20 and it 1 to 1.5 KMPL more when the average is between 10 to 12.

Accuracy not quite off the mark!
maverickmano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 13:19   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Not sure if Maruti will upgrade our suspension.
If it does not, can urethane add-on be used to soften suspension?
Has anyone ever tried it, to know how effective it is?
The urethane add-on is generally used in cars with soft-suspension to avoid bottoming out in potholes and speed-breakers and to increase high speed stability to some extent.

On an already stiffer suspension, this is a bad thing to add on.

Since there is no official communique on the suspension change, i don't think the company will issue a call back for correction as this is not a case of a faulty part.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 09:43   #1616
BHPian

Greetings BHPians,

As the festival of Sankranti is approaching, there was also an another festival that I relished parallely the previous year (2016). I got my Baleno Alpha Petrol (Ray Blue) delivered to me on 14th-January-2016.

As the day has almost approached, its becomes a customary to purchase the usual gift for my car i.e., THE INSURANCE RENEWAL

Insurance of my car is with maruti-insurance and I have received a call from them for the renewal.

I have few questions in my mind and seeking for answers from the experience of this forum.

1). My present insurance is with maruti-insurance and in return they are tied up with 5 insurance companies and My insurance with them falls under Bajaj-Allianz. So should i renew my insurance with maruti-insurance + Bajaj Allianz or do I make my way directly with the bajaj-allianz?

2). If I make the online payment of the insurance will I be getting the 8% refund (as part of digital India initiative launched by Modi ji). Guys who have had any experience in recent times, kindly share.

3). As my car is just 1year old and almost 5000km on ODO, Is it advisable for me to opt Engine-Cover Add on?

4). Should I opt for Return-To-Invoice Addon or is it not of that advantage?

Kindly put forward your views as many Baleno owners might confront this in upcoming days.

Mods: Kindly apologize me if any point is in repetition with any post in forum.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 10:00   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Greetings BHPians,

1). My present insurance is with maruti-insurance and in return they are tied up with 5 insurance companies and My insurance with them falls under Bajaj-Allianz. So should i renew my insurance with maruti-insurance + Bajaj Allianz or do I make my way directly with the bajaj-allianz?
You can directly get it from Bajaj Allianz, in fact you can compare online and take the best premium available. Mine is with Allianz too although the vehicle is an S-Cross

Quote:
3). As my car is just 1year old and almost 5000km on ODO, Is it advisable for me to opt Engine-Cover Add on?
Engine cover add on as I understand is to cover for expenses when water enters the engine and you drive it as well. Not sure this would be required in your city. Considering the rains that have hit Chennai the last 2 years, the insurance companies here have been pestering me to get the engine cover add on for ~2000 if I remember right, but I have been refusing till now

Quote:
4). Should I opt for Return-To-Invoice Addon or is it not of that advantage?
Not sure what this is
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 10:25   #1618
BHPian

Return-To-Invoice as far I understood that if the vehicle is prone to theft then the insurance company is liable to pay me original invoice amount of the then prevailing market price of a new car of the same trim instead of just reimbursing the IDV value of my car.

Guys correct me if wrong.

Thing that isn't relaxing with this is the worthiness validity of this add-on.

The worrying part also lies with the ant sized terms & conditions laid by these insurance companies during the claims process which do not pop up while signing up these policies.

Deeper insights of experience are appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
Old 13th January 2017, 08:10   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings BHPians,

As the festival of Sankranti is approaching, there was also an another festival that I relished parallely the previous year (2016).

Mods: Kindly apologize me if any point is in repetition with any post in forum.

My suggestion would be to get your car insured from Maruti Insurance. Under the MI umbrella, all authorised workshops of Maruti are bound to honour cashless claims plus in the event of some disputes you have Maruti to fight it out and resolve with the insurance company. Small price to pay for whatever commercials Maruti would have with the insurance companies under the MI umbrella.

In case your location is prone to flooding better to opt for engine protect.

Don't know what return to invoice means.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 08:53   #1620
BHPian

Finally renewed with the maruti-insurance.

My premium amounted to Rs.16583/- (insurance + 0 dep + RTI cover). After some debate the maruti representative offered to round it off to Rs.16000/- + 500 worth accessories coupons + 1500 worth service coupons + a promise to renew my insurance with RTI add-on inspection by that day end.

Initially she said she would offer 800rs discount. Don't know why she later shifted to 500. However my insurance expires today so went ahead with this offer.

During this process I got to understand that if we have some cushion time we could bargain a little more.

Upcoming insurance renewal Bhpians, make this a point. It might help you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks