Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 12:03   #1741
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
After much research I have zeroed down the baleno Zeta petrol and figo aspire diesel (trend). Though two have different characteristics I want opinion from fellow owners on the below points:

1. How is the rear seating comfort. This is very important as it will be occupied by my mom, wife and 2 year old daughter. Added to that we have some worst roads at our location.

2. How is the car aging ? Rattles, squeaks ?

I can think of these two right now which are very important evaluators.

Please suggest
Haven't driven the Figo Diesel, but have done test drive of the figo and aspire petrol variants. These are my opinions

1. Back-seat is the better in Baleno - more legroom and shoulder room.
Also, the variant you are looking for comes with rear seat head-restraints.
Figo doesn't have adjustable rear head-restraints and the headroom is limited.

2. Both cars have similar levels of fit and finish, but the silver colored, Nokia-esque HU of Figo will looked aged very quickly.

But since you are comparing a Diesel and a petrol variant only two things can help you make a decision:
- Patience to wait 3-4 months
- KMs travelled yearly.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 12:08   #1742
BHPian

Hi All, My Zeta Petrol has now run for around 12,500 kms. Significant part of the drive has been on highways. I have recently witnessed a peculiar thing. Earlier, when I used to power the ignition, the car would start at around 900 rpms and stay there. However, very recently, I have noticed that on starting the car, the rpm needle starts at around 1500 rpm, stays there for some 30 seconds and then settles down at 900 rpm.

Could anyone guide me as to what could be the reason for the same. Also, is there a concern because of this.
Old 17th February 2017, 12:20   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
rpm needle starts at around 1500 rpm, stays there for some 30 seconds and then settles down at 900 rpm...is there a concern because of this.
This is a common phenomenon in all cars, during a cold start. There is nothing to worry about.
However, this would happen only during cold starts- if the needle climbs back to or idles at 1500 rpm during other times, then you need to get that checked.

Last edited by autospeaker : 17th February 2017 at 12:22.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:38   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

So, both are equally good, but the conclusion is very simple. If you want a Petrol car, Baleno is the one you should opt for. If Diesel, Aspire is the best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
- Patience to wait 3-4 months
- KMs travelled yearly.
Yes, I am stuck here. Heart says for almost equal budget or little more I will get an awesome diesel engine which means I can travel more and enjoy the car but mind says go with petrol (baleno).

Nexa dealers out here are promising a car within 30 days.
Old 17th February 2017, 17:10   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I am stuck here. Heart says for almost equal budget or little more I will get an awesome diesel engine which means I can travel more and enjoy the car but mind says go with petrol (baleno).

They are both good choices.

Take you own time and conclude on your need, if still confused, I say follow your heart.

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 17th February 2017 at 17:22.
Scorpion 10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 19:34   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to bother. But, I highly doubt if a Delta/Zeta petrol Baleno could be delivered in 30 days (any color). These are the high demand variants. Could you let me know which nexa showroom are you referring to?
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 22:16   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Sorry to bother. But, I highly doubt if a Delta/Zeta petrol Baleno could be delivered in 30 days (any color). These are the high demand variants. Could you let me know which nexa showroom are you referring to?

The one at madhapur, I guess it's saboo. Not sure. So when I went to check the ignis and when they realised I was more interested in the Baleno the RM said 200 cars are being dispatched in Feb and 300 in march just for this dealer which sounded highly fictious. It sure was a booking bait.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 22:20   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
It's possible if you act smartly. I got my Baleno Delta Manual in the popular shade (Ray Blue), in 15 days flat. I had given color choices (Grey, Red, Silver & Blue). So, 30 days isn't a problem.

Before I made my booking, the dealer played all the games he could. During my 2nd visit, he knew I wasn't an easy person to be fooled. Hence he acted just like I wanted right from Booking to Delivery.

I enquired at 2 NEXA Dealerships in my city, one was ready to deliver Orange/Silver Zeta. But I wanted Delta & hence opted for the other dealer who was co-operative. The bad experience other members have reported wasn't faced by me.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 08:29   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
It's possible if you act smartly. I got my Baleno Delta Manual in the popular shade (Ray Blue), in 15 days flat. I had given color choices (Grey, Red, Silver & Blue). So, 30 days isn't a problem.
AFAIK, currently, none of the Delta variants(petrol or diesel) can be delivered within a month in Hyderabad, despite having 8 Nexa outlets. However, alpha variant in colors like white or orange should be available quickly.

The waiting period may come down from March/April onwards, as the Gujarat plant is functional.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 15:12   #1750
BHPian

I may sound naive but can anyone throw some light on how to use Intermittent option provided for Wiper.
Old 18th February 2017, 19:01   #1751
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I may sound naive but can anyone throw some light on how to use Intermittent option provided for Wiper.
Its simple, just slot the stalk into the 1st position after off (that is for intermittent), and now the wipers will move once after an interval of few seconds.

Some cars offer the option of changing this interval as well, but I think baleno lacks this
Old 18th February 2017, 19:05   #1752
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am getting delivery of my Baleno Zeta CVT soon. The following is the quote:

Ex showroom price - Rs. 7,92,882
Maruti Insurance - Rs. 25,416
Extended Warranty - Rs. 10,979
Loyalty Card - Rs. 1,150
Registration - Rs. 1,24,019

Total - Rs. 9,64,688

After looking at the insurance and registration costs, I am very inclined to get registration done through a agent I know, and insurance from policybazar etc. Of the 1.24 lakh, road tax (at 14% of ex-showroom) is Rs. 1,11,003. The additional 13,000 bucks - I am not getting an explanation for.

I was also unable to understand the "Loyalty Card".

PS: I am buying this car for my parents and I am currently not in India. Hence, Im not able to really talk to the dealers directly on this. Would be great if someone could explain the following points. TBH I finalised my choice of car basis parents interest, and didnt get into this when I booked it.

1. What is loyalty Card?
2. Did any of you get the registration done NOT through the dealer?

Thanks
Kaushik
Old 18th February 2017, 19:16   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Some cars offer the option of changing this interval as well, but I think baleno lacks this
That's what i was thinking. online search shows that intermittent helps us set the time interval. But i was not able to do anything such. Even, i found INT and Low both were working at the same speed. Then what's the advantage of having INT as an option. Am i missing something ?
Old 18th February 2017, 19:20   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
1. What is loyalty Card?
2. Did any of you get the registration done NOT through the dealer?
i found loyalty card no more than a gimmick. You get points against services done at MASS or accessories purchased by them and can redeem the same points against your service costs. I opt out for the card.
I got the registration done from the dealer, they generally charge bit high on the name of convenience but since your quote seems to be much higher and you know some agent, better go for the registration your own. In my case Actual Reg Charges were 46000 and Dealership charged 48000 which was fine for me.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 19:39   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
That's what i was thinking. online search shows that intermittent helps us set the time interval. But i was not able to do anything such. Even, i found INT and Low both were working at the same speed. Then what's the advantage of having INT as an option. Am i missing something ?
That is called variable speed intermittent wiper functionality and most Maruti cars don't have it. The single speed intermittent feature that they have leaves a lot to be desired.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks