Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 10:27   #1801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
My parents just took delivery of a Baleno Zeta CVT on 1st March. Right now my mom has gone shopping, and when she returned to the parking and tried to start the car, it is giving an error of "FOB not detected"

I read online that other brands have an option of "touching" the FOB to the start button/any other place to momentarity charge it and allow the car to start.

Can anyone advise me on whether the Baleno has this? If yes, where/how should one contact the fob ?

*Praying to God someone sees this and responds soon*
In the manual it is mentioned, in case like these you can touch the FOB to the START button and start the car, but it would not continue to work for much longer like this as well. Battery replacement is suggested immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post

Replace the battery, if it is still not functioning then get a replacement.
It turned out to be a case of incorrect mapping of the key. I had to submit my ID proofs and got the FOB key reset with my car. MASS had the courage to ask me for a fee of 50/- for resetting, and i ended up repaying them with a nice lecture on customer support and Quality checks. They didn't check the car keys before delivery and had the balls to charge me for their mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts. Timed out for edit.

Request all the owners who have received the 2017 models to comment on the rear suspension. Is the ride quality better, are the bad roads getting absorbed ? or still the same akin to the previous models.

Took delivery last week and compared the suspension of 17 model with 16 one. My friends Baleno from May 16 was more bumpy on a rough stretch full of potholes, mine was much more sorted and absorbed the thuds without bouncing much. The suspension has definitely been firmed.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2017 at 09:44. Reason: See mod note
Old 7th March 2017, 11:05   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Any official review for the new baleno RS in the offing?

A lot of them actually but all are limited to the BIC track. A proper review on our Indian roads is yet to come.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:42   #1803
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Took delivery last week and compared the suspension of 17 model with 16 one. My friends Baleno from May 16 was more bumpy on a rough stretch full of potholes, mine was much more sorted and absorbed the thuds without bouncing much. The suspension has definitely been firmed.
Yes, there's definitely a remarkable improvement in the ride quality of 2017 Baleno. I told this to the SA and Service Manager at MSM Chennai, but none of them were convinced.

I told them to check the Part Numbers for the front/rear shocks of 2017 Baleno. But, they confirmed that there's no change in the part numbers. I take this with a pinch of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Regards,
Shashi
Shashi - Can you please check and confirm if the part numbers are the same from 2015 onwards?

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 7th March 2017 at 11:43.
Old 9th March 2017, 14:41   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Please do keep me posted if you are able to find a fix. My second service is also due next week, this way I will be able to pin point the fault to the adviser. I dont want them to rip open my car.
Hi Crazy_Bean - Did you manage to check with your SA on the rear suspension noise during the 2nd service?

Can you please provide your updates?
Old 9th March 2017, 14:43   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Crazy_Bean - Did you manage to check with your SA on the rear suspension noise during the 2nd service?

Can you please provide your updates?
I haven't gotten a chance to visit the service center yet. i will do so next week. Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 07:27   #1806
BHPian

Finally, my long tiring and painful wait has come to an end!

During this waiting period, I got to understand that allotment of cars is made twice a month. 3rd and 16th of each month. So come 3rd of March, I was anxious as by this time it was officially confirmed to me that the bookings till September, 2016 have been served and delivered. My booking was on 8th October, 2016. Tried to reach the NEXA PASCO, Gurgaon people several times during the day. No response.

4th of March was a frustrating day. I was totally down. On 5th I decided that I would go to the showroom on 6th March (Being a Monday and also on Sunday my RM has his weekly off) and cancel the booking, Irrespective of the consequences.

But on 5th evening, I received a call from my RM and I was informed that my allotment has finally been made. Yet I was furious about the poor Response and I got the reply from RM that he was in a training (Still wondering why an SMS response was not provided - when NEXA is supposed to be a premium experience).

With that, I was sure to give an average rating to those guys as my feedback. But they were lucky due to the turn of events at my end in the next few days which made me rethink and I finally gave them an excellent rating. In two days time, they did all the documentation (interacting with my car lease scheme partner, getting a fresh PO - since the price had increased, insurance, fitting of accessories and finally adhering to the day and time on which I wanted the delivery - which was 9th May, 2017).

So started my excitement on 9th May, 2017, by 17:00 hrs!

IMHO, though the ceremony of delivering a car is routine for them, yet it makes you feel special. Particularly for me after waiting for 5 long months.

Would shortly post my experience with the new guy around me.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1717.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1722.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1716.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1720.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1721.jpg  

yogeshbala is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 19:24   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Finally, my long tiring and painful wait has come to an end.
Congrats man. I absolutely love that color. Yes, the Baleno is surely worth the wait and I personally feel it is worth the cost. I'm sure you'll enjoy the ownership.
tjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 07:59   #1808
BHPian

Quote:

Would shortly post my experience with the new guy around me.

Wow !
That looks like the Alpha variant. Many congrats. How I curse these folks for not making the CVT available in Alpha variant. Still looking for an option from Maruti for switching the headlights on my Zeta CVT to the ones in Alpha. The DRL's really look cool. For now, I intent to switch the grille of my 4 month old car with the one launched in the RS variant. While I liked the new front bumper of the RS, feel the rear bumper of the non RS Baleno looks better.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 20:30   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Yogesh on your Fantastic Baleno.

Orange looks nice under sunlight. This was my 2nd choice when I had booked Baleno in December 2016. But, I got the car of my 1st Choice Color (Ray Blue).

But, 4 months wait was quite a lot IMO. I don't know how I got one in 15 days. Although the car is very good, I miss the CVT.

Regarding those Bi-Xenon Headlamps, I guess Zeta can be fitted with those, since it comes with Auto Headlights. Those who have Zeta & want those Nice Headlamps should check with the Maruti Spares Distributor.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:18   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
NEXA Car Configurator now lists black alloys and wheel covers for the Baleno. Even the base Sigma looks sweet with black alloys or even wheel covers.
=========
For Sigma & Delta charging around 21k for the alloys makes sense. However, I find it very illogical to charge the same fortune for the higher two models. Don't they come with factory fitted alloys?
Old 15th March 2017, 14:29   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
I finally gave them an excellent rating. In two days time, they did all the documentation (interacting with my car lease scheme partner, getting a fresh PO - since the price had increased, insurance, fitting of accessories and finally adhering to the day and time on which I wanted the delivery - which was 9th May, 2017).

So started my excitement on 9th May, 2017, by 17:00 hrs!
Congrats on your new ride yogeshbala, Happy and Safe Mile Munching.

And I believe you wanted to say 9th Mar instead of 9th May , maybe you or one of the moderators can edit it
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 14:01   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
My parents just took delivery of a Baleno Zeta CVT on 1st March.
Congratulations on the Baleno CVT
I understand that the Zeta does not come with reverse camera. Did you get a reverse camera for your parents' car? Also, did you get a chance to drive it to check the performance? I've booked both the Baleno Zeta CVT and the Honda City VMT. I wanted an automatic but concerned about the cvt performance on Baleno (for example, jow it would fare when one needs to overtake a vehicle in a tricky situation). The test drive was only for a short distance so I couldn't get a feel of its performance. I ended up booking the Honda City V manual version as well in case Baleno doesnt work out (City CVT is over my budget).
Old 19th March 2017, 18:11   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Congratulations on the Baleno CVT

I understand that the Zeta does not come with reverse camera. I ended up booking the Honda City V manual version as well in case Baleno doesnt work out (City CVT is over my budget).

I am driving a Baleno Zeta CVT for the last 6 months and am pretty satisfied with it. Have never had to use the sport mode for overtaking or otherwise though I am a very spirited driver. Bought it after selling off my 4 year old 40k kms mileage done SX4 Zdi. Just wish Maruti had made the CVT available in Alpha variant as well since I love the DRL's in the Alpha. Don't worry, go for it. You won't regret the decision. Just get rid of the useless Apollo Alnac tyres and switch to Michelin (though you won't get the same spec in aspect ratio).
Old 19th March 2017, 23:15   #1814
BHPian

Thank you bimbrahw. That helps. Ive been driving a WagonR and looking for a replacement. I've shortlisted Baleno and the City for now. Now, its the home minister and finance minister who has to give the final approval. I'm glad performance isn't an issue for you. Ive been worried if the car will be able to pull through in an emergency. Are you using a reverse camera as well? MGA-provided?
Old 20th March 2017, 04:24   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Thank you bimbrahw. That helps. Ive been driving a WagonR and looking for a replacement. I've shortlisted Baleno and the City for now. Now, its the home minister and finance minister who has to give the final approval. I'm glad performance isn't an issue for you. Ive been worried if the car will be able to pull through in an emergency. Are you using a reverse camera as well? MGA-provided?

You're welcome. Yes, I am using the MGA reverse camera with dash board mounted display though I would have loved the integrated unit that comes in the Alpha. Not much accessories required other than that. Added seat covers, mats (carpet + transparent on top), mud flaps, body coloured side strips on doors, steel strip on the lower part of the rear hatch and an electronic air pump to take care of the occasional flat tyre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks