Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 13:39   #1891
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
please let me know so that we are aware when the booking should be done.

I wouldn't recommend the Baleno unless there are 4-5 people frequently traveling in it. The spaciousness makes it a family car also good for airport/railway station runs and even some long distance journeys which I doubt will be happen often with elderly folks. Also lots of tech crammed into Zeta. The point is, I have a feeling all this will be never used by the elderly making the Baleno Zeta bit of an excess, imo.

I'd recommend the Grand i10 or even the quirky Ignis because it has the same features, same engine and it's increased ground clearance will make getting in and out of the vehicle for the elderly people.
tjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 17:38   #1892

Mod note: Post edited to fix quotes, please use Preview before submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Here's my review/answers to your questions. BTW, I've been driving a Zeta CVT for the last 7 months.

1. There's a faint rattling sound from the dashboard between the steering the right A/C vent. Few other owners have also complained about this issue.
After I gave my Baleno Zeta CVT for the second service in February 2017 at Sagar Automobiles, Basavanagudi, Bangalore from the very next day after the service rattling sound started when Gear shift was in "D" position especially when I stop the car at signals. When I shifted the Gear shift to "N" the rattling stopped. It was very nagging.

I gave this as feed back to Maruti but there was no response from them.

Just two days back I tried to open the bonnet for refilling wiper wash liquid, I was not able to lift the bonnet as something had struck inside. With slight probing I was able to find the Bonnet door holding rod was lying on the engine bay struck to some crevice. Slowly I moved the rod and was able to open the bonnet. I filled the wiper washer liquid and placed the rod in its position to the small plastic clamp on the Bonnet Door. Surprisingly the noise which I was facing all these months stopped.

Here the culprit was the service guys at the Service Center, who did not even bother to place the rod properly. I never expected this from Maruti.

Another major setback was after the service they had not set the clock and it was showing some old date (which I do not even remember). I do not want to take another chance with Sagar Automobiles, Basavanagudi, Bangalore considering the mess they created in my car.

It may be a stray case, but it is better one can check the bonnet door also for rattling sound.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th April 2017 at 17:45. Reason: Fixing Quotes, please use Preview before submitting posts. Thanks.
ravindranm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 20:18   #1893
Senior - BHPian

195/55 R 15 This is from Ford Figo sports variant.Would be interesting to know how much this is priced, as it can be direct fit on Baleno Sigma and Delta.I initially got excited to see this on Alnac 4G and assumed it to be 16 inch.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-figo.jpeg

Last edited by silverado : 17th April 2017 at 20:21.
Old 17th April 2017, 20:48   #1894
BHPian

FIGO Has a PCD of 108 and Baleno is 100. They will fit only if the alloys have 8 holes (100-108 PCD) which is not the case here.

Last edited by Dev-Gun : 17th April 2017 at 20:50.
Dev-Gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 15:40   #1895
BHPian

MID average from my 220km Drive from Gachibowli to Bhongir fort, around 10 days back.
The average speed was around 90 kmph.
MID shows around 0.9 kmpl more than the actual FTF average. Even after deducting that, these figures are quite good for an automatic.
I had earlier reported 12.06 kmpl for my daily office commute, where my A-star used to give 12.7 kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-mid-average.jpg  

Old 18th April 2017, 21:36   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Even after deducting that, these figures are quite good for an automatic.
I had earlier reported 12.06 kmpl for my daily office commute, where my A-star used to give 12.7 kmpl.
CVT gearbox is supposed to give you very good mileage if you use a light foot and cruise at 90 kmph. There's no power lose as in the case of a torque converter. And you have infinite gear ratios as well.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 08:09   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
CVT gearbox is supposed to give you very good mileage if you use a light foot and cruise at 90 kmph. There's no power lose as in the case of a torque converter. And you have infinite gear ratios as well.

I have been getting about 11.0 to 11.4. The mileage is extremely sensitive to the throttle input. A couple of minutes of spirited driving and the MID immediately shows the drop. Otherwise the CVT is a dream to drive. Pretty happy having clocked about 3200 kms since October.
Old 19th April 2017, 09:13   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I have been getting about 11.0 to 11.4. The mileage is extremely sensitive to the throttle input. A couple of minutes of spirited driving and the MID immediately shows the drop. Otherwise the CVT is a dream to drive. Pretty happy having clocked about 3200 kms since October.
The mileage will improve as you clock more KMs. Mine gives 12.7. I do some spirited driving with sports mode on highways.
Old 20th April 2017, 02:07   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hi Baleno Owners,

Could you please help with a few queries :

1. How's the interior holding up after a year or two? Rattles?
2. How easy or tough is it to make a quick overtake in city/highway speeds in the CVT?
3. Is there an option to retrofit Alpha DRLs & Projectors on the Zeta through MGA(i.e. without affecting the warranty)?
4. Is the suspension on 2017 Balenos modified? I remember during RS launch it was said regular balenos too will get that suspension?

Thanks in advance
Sharing my experience after having used Baleno Zeta 1.2 manual for over 4 months with 400'0+ km on the odo :

1. I am afraid the interior's not gonna hold up very well after a year or two. Just after 4 months I have noticed a few minor rattles here and there. Also as mentioned by a few others, my car too made a rattling sound somewhere inside the ICE. Got it rid of it after taking the car to service station twice.

2. I test drove the CVT variant extensively before deciding to go for the manual. I found it very tough to make quick overtakes. (As with most CVTs, due to the rubberband effect.) What makes things worse is the absence of a manual mode.

3. Even I was keen on getting the DRLs and projectors of the Alpha on my Baleno zeta. It's the only feature from Alpha that I miss. But, unfortunately no, the kit is available through MGA. I checked with 2 dealers.

4. No idea about this (modified suspension), but I hope it is. I am not very satisfied with the suspension, not in terms of the ride quality per se, but it makes too much sound even on slight undulations and rough patches.

P.S. Despite of all these, I am still very happy with my purchase.
Old 20th April 2017, 13:28   #1900
BHPian

Guys... I had booked Baleno ZETA CVT variant on 5 December 2016 at BRD NEXA Thrissur, Kerala. They had mentioned 24 weeks. As I am on a project outside India till Mid of May 2017, I wasn't expecting any calls before end of May. But I was in regular contact with my RM. Now last Thursday, 13 April, I received a message saying that I have been allotted the car and it would reach the showroom within 10 days!!! As no one is there to take up the delivery and also I don't want to take a delivery without seeing the car I had to let go my allotment, so spoke to my RM and he said there are lot of ZETA CVT booking similar to mine and if I am not taking the delivery now, he would pass it to the next person who is in queue...

Now worst part is when I return home, when will I get it? I hope I can get the car by mid of June at least.. lets see... In my case things happened faster than expected!!
Old 20th April 2017, 13:44   #1901
BHPian

Production has started in the Gujarat plant as well, could be the reason for you getting the car allotted quickly.

Hope they ramp up the production soon and reduce the waiting period even further.
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:53   #1902
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I spotted a Baleno under testing driven by a Maruti Suzuki employee. Some of the major changes I spotted and confirmed with the employee are as follows:

The color: Black (not available in India yet)
The alloys: Certainly not for India
The Headrest: Rear seat has 3 head rests, zoom and see the picture.

The interiors were more or less the same with the infotainment screen. The indicator LED though seemed a bit upmarket.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170423-18.45.16.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170423-18.45.17.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170423-18.45.50.jpeg  

the13thtee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 07:36   #1903

Iam looking to buy a car and confused with the below options:
1. Maruti Baleno Delta Variant
2. Figo 1.2 petrol
3. Fiat Punto Evo.

My avg driving per month is not more than 300kms.
Old 24th April 2017, 07:53   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekonkarr View Post
Iam looking to buy a car and confused with the below options:
1. Maruti Baleno Delta Variant
2. Figo 1.2 petrol
3. Fiat Punto Evo.

My avg driving per month is not more than 300kms.
Baleno Petrol is the best choice of the lot. That K Series Petrol Engine is very refined & peppy. It also is very efficient. Other things like Interiors, Space, Features, After sales, Resale are all Baleno's Strength's.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 09:42   #1905

Thanks for the advice. I am just concerned about the lesser Kerb Weitght. Does it affect the stability of the car on the highway at speeds above 100kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks