Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 12:01   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
I'm sharing an observation from my Maruti Baleno Alpha. If we leave the bonnet open and try to lock the car using the sensor on the door or the remote with key, there are three beeps heard instead of one beep confirming that the car is locked. The car locks all doors but these three beeps helps us know that the bonnet is still open while leaving the car. There are no other indications in the MID or instrument cluster. This may be true for other variants too.

I noticed this when I collected my car after service and did not know why three beeps were heard for locking until I found out that I was driving with the bonnet unlatched. Three beeps while locking the car could indicate that the bonnet has not been closed and latched properly.
Yes, this feature is present in all Maruti cars with central locking system. All 3 Maruti cars in my garage ( SX4, Baleno, S-Cross) have this 3 beeps indication. Also there are shock sensors. If sensitivity is set high, it would go on in full blast for just a loud honk from bus
Old 30th June 2016, 13:59   #1142

I booked my Zeta CVT (granite grey) on 09.05.2016, just few minutes back I received a call from RM, Nexa, JP Nagar, Bangalore. RM informed that Ray Blue color is arriving shortly and the person who has booked originally is facing some delay in arranging finance, hence if I am interested I can take this.

Very tempting offer ! but my daughter for whom I had booked the car said a big NO for this color. She wanted Granite Grey. Of course color choice is very personal , hence I declined the offer.

My priority number is 3 and RM said that the person who was ahead of me, ie, Priority number 2 is allotted this car. Which means I can expect the delivery of my car in the next lot, maximum by next month end.
ravindranm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 15:52   #1143
BHPian

Here's a newspaper clipping about the Baleno and its New Zealand release.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-nz_clix.jpg  

Old 30th June 2016, 16:10   #1144
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Baleno Servicing Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Normal MASS are also authorised to service NEXA cars. Earlier those rumours were spread by Dealership guys, that you can only get the cars serviced from their workshops. However one mail to MSIL clarified all things. The only things MASS isn't allowed to do compared to Dealership owned workshops are-
1. Body repair and paint on NEXA cars(only a matter of time before this changes)
2. Warranty claims
Shashi,
I recently got a very bad dent on the bonnet(Happened in office parking, not sure how it happened and who is responsible) and got it fixed/painted at the dealership body shop. But the paint quality is not as smooth and shiny as the factory finish, I can make out the difference when observed close and compared to the sides.

Is this what we can expect? or should we expect a factory finish?

Your statement does ring alarm for me( I am suspicious about the dealership having capabilities to do a proper paint job)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160628wa0006.jpg.jpeg  

maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:21   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Shashi,
I recently got a very bad dent on the bonnet(Happened in office parking, not sure how it happened and who is responsible) and got it fixed/painted at the dealership body shop. But the paint quality is not as smooth and shiny as the factory finish, I can make out the difference when observed close and compared to the sides.

Is this what we can expect? or should we expect a factory finish?

Your statement does ring alarm for me( I am suspicious about the dealership having capabilities to do a proper paint job)
Sorry but need a few inputs from your side-Was the entire bonnet painted or was it fixed in patches??

From whatever little I know, body related jobs of NEXA cars can only be handled by Dealership workshops. This is probably because of a unique paint gun and some other factors.
I know for a fact because I specifically asked my MASS owner if they can service NEXA cars. They replied in affirmative, and said that they have been instructed to make some changes to accommodate additional bays and line for NEXA cars. He also said that while they won't be allowed to handle warranty claims, they are expected to receive the new tools required for body shop, after which they can handle paintjobs of NEXA cars.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 18:12   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
I booked my Zeta CVT (granite grey) on 09.05.2016, just few minutes back I received a call from RM, Nexa, JP Nagar, Bangalore. RM informed that Ray Blue color is arriving shortly and the person who has booked originally is facing some delay in arranging finance, hence if I am interested I can take this.

Very tempting offer ! but my daughter for whom I had booked the car said a big NO for this color. She wanted Granite Grey. Of course color choice is very personal , hence I declined the offer.

My priority number is 3 and RM said that the person who was ahead of me, ie, Priority number 2 is allotted this car. Which means I can expect the delivery of my car in the next lot, maximum by next month end.
OT::What is it with daughters and the Granite grey? Same case here my daughter also wants only the Granite Grey, the difference being the car which I have booked is the S-Cross

Last edited by arvind71181 : 30th June 2016 at 18:12. Reason: Off topic
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 18:20   #1147

Surprising! Earlier I had Amaze SX Carnelian Red Pearl which was selected by my second daughter. This time I gave the chance to my first daughter who owns Benz GLC 300 in US. As she has grey color she wanted this car also to be of the same color.
Old 30th June 2016, 19:50   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
...I recently got a very bad dent on the bonnet(Happened in office parking, not sure how it happened and who is responsible) and got it fixed/painted at the dealership body shop. But the paint quality is not as smooth and shiny as the factory finish, I can make out the difference when observed close and compared to the sides.

Is this what we can expect? or should we expect a factory finish?...
Irrespective of the brand / dealer / A$$, you are supposed to have factory finish (or the closest) when you get the job done at MA$$. If there is a color difference, please ask them to repaint to your satisfaction. If they don't budge, a simple mail to Maruti will solve it. Please ensure you do a thorough check in good sunlight before taking delivery after the resolution.

Our 800 in the early 2000s went through multiple painting for the front panels and at one time, it looked like three different variation of the color on 3 front panels. A mail to Maruti, all three panels were repainted free of cost to match the actual color.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th June 2016 at 19:53.
Old 30th June 2016, 19:59   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
Hmm, interesting. Anyone knows how this priority number works out? Is it a global priority or local priority within dealer level? In other words, does it make sense to book with a less crowded/reviewed dealer? Looks that way because waiting period in Trivandrum is much lower than Bangalore.

My RM with Bimal, Bangalore continues to quote 5-6 months delivery time for Zeta CVT for booking done towards end of May. Incidentally, it's a Ray Blue

Extrapolating, should I expect the allotment in Aug?
Old 30th June 2016, 21:49   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Sorry but need a few inputs from your side-Was the entire bonnet painted or was it fixed in patches??
Entire bonnet was painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Irrespective of the brand / dealer / A$$, you are supposed to have factory finish (or the closest) when you get the job done at MA$$. If there is a color difference, please ask them to repaint to your satisfaction. If they don't budge, a simple mail to Maruti will solve it. Please ensure you do a thorough check in good sunlight before taking delivery after the resolution.

Our 800 in the early 2000s went through multiple painting for the front panels and at one time, it looked like three different variation of the color on 3 front panels. A mail to Maruti, all three panels were repainted free of cost to match the actual color.
There is no color difference albeit being dull compared to other parts. What I see is precisely the 'Orange Peel Effect' prominently on the edges which was not the case earlier. I have spoken to the body shop guy, he has asked me to get the car to the work shop.

The car was serviced and dropped in the evening, so I couldn't observe it that time.
Old 30th June 2016, 22:24   #1151
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove 350 KM in my Baleno today to Bangalore. It was a nice stretch with couple of corners on Shiradi ghats and superb 4 lane roads from Hassan to Bangalore. What really impressed me was handling, high speed stability and FE. I got 20 KMPL even with spirited drive on 4 lane highway.

Few pics clicked at Shiradi Ghats
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160630wa0010.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160630wa0009.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:48   #1152
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Has anyone got the seat covers and Body mouldings from Nexa? Is it worth the money? I personally felt the quality of the seat covers was just ok, nothing great. Can anyone share their experience here please. I have made the payment for my Alpha petrol and will be taking the delivery soon and hence thinking about the accessories.
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:52   #1153

I have booked a Baleno as well, diesel zeta though and I opted out from having any accessories from them. I am not sure about the seat covers quality but I think you will get a good bargain from an outside vendor. For all I know these guys (dealers) charge exorbitant prices for everything.
Sachin4920 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 10:05   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Has anyone got the seat covers and Body mouldings from Nexa? Is it worth the money? I personally felt the quality of the seat covers was just ok, nothing great. Can anyone share their experience here please. I have made the payment for my Alpha petrol and will be taking the delivery soon and hence thinking about the accessories.

I got the seat covers and the side moulding.

Seat covers even if are good, you can get much better aftermarket plus you get to choose what you want.

Do not go for side moulding from outside as they dont really suit the car well, even the similar knockoff's better trust nexa for that.
Old 4th July 2016, 10:13   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Projector Retrofit : Baleno

I got the Projector retrofit done from Xenon Planet.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160703wa0027.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160703wa0013.jpg

Details :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4008620
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks