Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2016, 19:36   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Nehru ORR.

Its starts with the pedals and slowly the entire floor along with the body starts vibrating. It can also be felt on the steering wheel but its intensity is not as harsh as its felt on the floor. Its seems to be an alignment and balancing problem but cannot confirm anything before getting it checked up.
Thanks ,didn't know such a high speed limit exists in India.

This sounds serious, I feel you should get engine mounts checked.
Does it happen when you rev the car hard on standstill, or it only happens when car is at high speeds.
Old 8th July 2016, 19:47   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I feel you should get engine mounts checked.
Does it happen when you rev the car hard on standstill, or it only happens when car is at high speeds.
As of now, it only happens during high speeds which I did just twice and its not a good feeling when you experience it happening to your car and more so when it happens to a brand new car, that too a premium one.
Old 11th July 2016, 14:29   #1188
BHPian

Hi all,

My father booked a baleno petrol delta silver on 21 march at NEXA Chandigarh. We were given a waiting time of 6-7 months.
I went to the dealer on saturday and enquired about our status. I was told that we are 30th on the waiting list and should expect the car by august end or september beginning. I was ok with it.

Today my father got a call from NEXA RM that they have a baleno petrol delta silver which was alloted to someone else and he has now backed out of it. The car will leave the factory today or tommorrow and would reach by friday or saturday. If we were interested then the car could be alloted to us, but we would have to make the payment immediately. My dad said payment can be arranged by sunday or monday. The RM said they cannot hold the car for more than 3-4 days and if payment not done on monday then they will give it to someone else.

Please tell me what sould be line of action now? Should i ask the RM for the VIN? Do we make payment after or before the PDI? Any other due diligence that needs to be made?

I know that the dealerships usually charge a lot for the insurance and was planning to get it done from outside directly from the company.
However, my dad has a City ZX 2006 in his name that has a 50% no claim bonus. I want to tranfer the NCB to the new car. Can this be done on our own or is there too much hassle/paper work and should be done through the NEXA dealer?

Last edited by guptavis : 11th July 2016 at 14:33. Reason: typo
Old 11th July 2016, 17:21   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post

The RM said they cannot hold the car for more than 3-4 days and if payment not done on monday then they will give it to someone else.

Please tell me what sould be line of action now? Should i ask the RM for the VIN? Do we make payment after or before the PDI? Any other due diligence that needs to be made?
This is exactly what they do, even I was told that they can hold the car for 3-4 days, however I was able to pay in 1 week and my car was not allotted to anyone else. Its just tactics to ensure customer is hurried in to making payment.

Just tell RM that you are making arrangements for payment , he will surely wait, Don't get pressurized by 3-4 day thing.

Ensure you do PDi before your car is registered with local RTO.
So even if you have paid and car is not registered, you can deny that specific car if you see any issues.

Last edited by silverado : 11th July 2016 at 17:23.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 07:52   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
However, my dad has a City ZX 2006 in his name that has a 50% no claim bonus. I want to tranfer the NCB to the new car. Can this be done on our own or is there too much hassle/paper work and should be done through the NEXA dealer?
You can contact your insurance company and ask them to issue a NCB certificate. You need to give the original ncb certificate to transfer the 50%ncb.

I transferred 50% ncb from my old manza to baleno. It is a pretty straightforward process atleast with bajaj allianz.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 08:29   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I transferred 50% ncb from my old manza to baleno. It is a pretty straightforward process atleast with bajaj allianz.

I too tried for 50% NCB transfer from my Swift to Zest from Royal Sundaram. However, the dealer rejected it saying I should have informed about NCB at the time of invoicing itself. So, he suggested to use the certificate during the first year renewal.

So, better keep your RM well informed about using NCB.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 09:36   #1192

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th July 2016 at 08:37.
jateen is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th July 2016, 14:41   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Ensure you do PDi before your car is registered with local RTO.
So even if you have paid and car is not registered, you can deny that specific car if you see any issues.
Over here (i know for chandigarh, punjab, haryana & himachal) the dealer just delivers the car with a temp registration valid for 30 days. After accepting the delivery it is the owner's responsibility to get the vehicle registered with the RLA/RTO. So payment will be before registration for sure.

Quote:
You can contact your insurance company and ask them to issue a NCB certificate. You need to give the original ncb certificate to transfer the 50%ncb.

Did you do the ncb transfer and insurance of new car on your own or through the dealer/agent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I too tried for 50% NCB transfer from my Swift to Zest from Royal Sundaram. However, the dealer rejected it saying I should have informed about NCB at the time of invoicing itself. So, he suggested to use the certificate during the first year renewal.

So, better keep your RM well informed about using NCB.
What did the dealer reject? You could have got the NCB transferred on your own without the dealer. The dealer makes a huge margin on selling insurance so he will try to dissuade you from the ncb transfer. Incidentaly my old car is also registered with royal sundaram. will give them a call.

Last edited by GTO : 13th July 2016 at 08:37. Reason: Quoted post deleted
guptavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 15:38   #1194

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th July 2016 at 08:38.
jateen is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th July 2016, 15:53   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Did you do the ncb transfer and insurance of new car on your own or through the dealer/agent?
I got the NCB certificate myself. I handed over the NCB certificate to dealer who did the new insurance and I got the 50% ncb benefit.
I was given a choice and chose to go with bajaj allainz though it was slightly expensive (maruti insurance) as I am happy with their service. However, my RM said NCB is applicable even if I chose to switch insurance.
Old 12th July 2016, 17:05   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
I got the NCB certificate myself. I handed over the NCB certificate to dealer who did the new insurance and I got the 50% ncb benefit.
Good to know. Is it possible to transfer NCB certificate from old car to new car? Or did you sell the old car before getting the NCB certificate? Essentially, does the RC book entry need to reflect the new owner's name?

I looked at the insurance saving thread but this point was not clear to me.

I am not going for dealer exchange for my old car and will need to sell separately.
Old 12th July 2016, 18:00   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandab View Post
Good to know. Is it possible to transfer NCB certificate from old car to new car? Or did you sell the old car before getting the NCB certificate? Essentially, does the RC book entry need to reflect the new owner's name?
Rc name change is not needed. You need sale receipt and buyers id/addr proof ( that's what bajaj allianz asked me)

I thought you need not sell your car to transfer the NCB...as long as new car is similar or lower segment,insurance co can tranfer NCB from your existing car. I am not sure about this though.
Old 12th July 2016, 18:08   #1198
BHPian

I could not transfer LML VESPA a two wheeler's NCB to the CRUZE but I could transfer the Junkindica's NCB completely to the CRUZE without a hitch and availed a huge discount on the insurance when I bought the Cruze brand new in the year 2009. I have the Junkindica with National insurance to this day but with third party only. THe Cruze was with NDFC ERGO and now with Oriental.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 12th July 2016 at 18:10.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 19:00   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I have the Junkindica with National insurance to this day but with third party only. THe Cruze was with NDFC ERGO and now with Oriental.
Thanks. Was the NCB transferred while the insurance for Indica was still running? I think it is easier to get NCB separately while getting the insurance renewed - at that time, you can go only for 3P insurance.
Old 13th July 2016, 12:21   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel efficiency in city conditions is around 12 kmpl. The car is an absolute delight for city driving.
Hi, I have booked a white Baleno Zeta CVT. Really excited to use it around Gurgaon.

However, I am not too happy about the fuel efficiency numbers quoted. I was expecting an overall efficiency of 15-16 Km/L.

Some Baleno petrol manual owners are getting 17 Kmpl on average. I expected CVT to deliver more. Thoughts?

I do understand that the CVT needs to be feathered for optimum performance and economy and that is how my driving style is going to be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks