Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:55   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Some photographs of MS Baleno's accident (22/03/2018, Surat). These photos talk a lot about Baleno's built quality.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-3.jpg

Last edited by SJM1214 : 23rd March 2018 at 10:55. Reason: Minor Change.
SJM1214 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:10   #2687
BHPian

It does not makes sense to see a picture of a crashed car and concluding whether it is safe or not.

In your case, the Mercedes S-class is not a safe car too.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...rders-fir.html

I am not trying to defend Baleno or Maruti here. It does have light panels but atleast it scored 3 stars in crash tests compared to structurally unstable Indian built Swift (previous gen).

So don't conclude anything by the images.
amvj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:49   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
No it should not. There should be no noise once the glass reaches the top most portion or bottom most portion of the window. Better check it in a Maruti service center.
Thanks for your response. Are you sure that the motor doesn't operate after the windows are completely rolled up?

I heard the same noise in couple of Baleno's too. So, is that a manufacturing defect? Ideally the motor noise should not be present after the windows are rolled up!

I faintly remember some post here in Team-BHP about this. The car/variant/manufacturer were different though!
Old 23rd March 2018, 13:07   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Power Window motor noise
I also noticed this sound in my MS Vitara Brezza. I noticed this motor sound even after glass reaches the topmost portion(after one second). Strangely, in my car, this noise comes only from drive side's power window motor. I checked at other doors and they are smooth without any noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Are you sure that the motor doesn't operate after the windows are completely rolled up?
It should not operate after the windows are completely rolled up. I think this is a case of faulty power window motor. My third service is approaching and I am going to get it checked.
Old 24th March 2018, 02:29   #2690

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I also noticed this sound in my MS Vitara Brezza. I noticed this motor sound even after glass reaches the topmost portion(after one second). Strangely, in my car, this noise comes only from drive side's power window motor. I checked at other doors and they are smooth without any noise.
I have similar issue in my swift(2nd gen) as well as ciaz( both bought last year.)
In swift if the window is rolled half way down it makes kat kat sound when the car moves over bad road.
It feels as if the glass itself is loose.

In ciaz while rolling down the window it makes thak thak sound though it happens occasionally.

We have 2010 K-series swift as well and we never faced any such issues in that car.

I am definitely going to stay away from MS next time.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th March 2018 at 09:13. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 25th March 2018, 12:17   #2691
BHPian

got sick and tired of seeing the look of the fugly stock wipers on my alpha CVT. So got these. Super smooth wipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180325_121718.jpg  

Last edited by d_himan : 25th March 2018 at 12:23.
Old 25th March 2018, 14:08   #2692
BHPian

[quote=targaryen;4374728]

Hi, the dealer is lying about the company not dispatching automatic cars. I booked my Baleno Alpha CVT on 15th Feb and received the car in flat 1 month time on 15th March. In fact the car was here on 12th March, my loan process got delayed because of which I had to take delivery on 15th. Please write directly to Maruti.

Last edited by Satishtv : 25th March 2018 at 14:20.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 14:16   #2693
BHPian

How long can I keep the wind shield fluid in the car ?

Whenever I take my car for a drive, I usually clean the windshield manually using Colin / Meguiar's Perfect clarity glass cleaner. I hardly use the wind shield fluid. Also the wind shield washer simply scatter the fluid on painted surface on the car. This makes it annoying since I have to get out of the car and wipe them anyway. Will this pose any problem ?
Old 28th March 2018, 16:39   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
How long can I keep the wind shield fluid in the car ?
I hardly use the wind shield fluid. Also the wind shield washer simply scatter the fluid on painted surface on the car. This makes it annoying since I have to get out of the car and wipe them anyway. Will this pose any problem ?
As per my experience, it is better to use the windshield washer atleast once a week to ensure that the pores of the spray unit donot get clogged due to possible dissolved salts present in the water or dust(had happened with my Ritz) and thus, the washer system stopped working.
It is also important not to keep the washer reservoir empty for an extended period of time as it can lead to corrosion and malfunction of the washer system. I would suggest you to use Maruti's own washer liquid that's available at the service station (15 bucks approx) and use both front and rear(if equipped) washers at intermittent intervals.
koolguy_ani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 20:59   #2695
BHPian

What is the highway speed recommend for a new petrol car? I took delivery of my car on 15th March and the car has only run 120 kilometers. I have planned a trip to Munnar on Sunday. If my understanding is right, I cannot exceed 80 KPH.
Old 28th March 2018, 21:24   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
What is the highway speed recommend for a new petrol car? I took delivery of my car on 15th March and the car has only run 120 kilometers. I have planned a trip to Munnar on Sunday. If my understanding is right, I cannot exceed 80 KPH.
Its not the speed, but RPM which is important during running in period.
Try to keep it between 2k to 2.5K till 1000 kms and you should be good.

Please check owners manual for more details.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:10   #2697
BHPian

I think the best approach is to always vary the ENGINE SPEED so that it runs in evenly and I guess that's what is also mentioned in the manual. Other than that to be gentle on the brakes and the accelerator. I would suggest that for a petrol, you can easily get it till 4k rpm, the engine speed where it produces the max torque and upshift. New cars these days donot need strict run in procedures imo.
koolguy_ani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 08:19   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Please check owners manual for more details.

I think the manual does not mention anything about the engine break-in or speeds. I checked for my car at a NEXA and he said all is taken care at the factory itself.

The best bet would be to maintain speeds between 80kmph - 100kmph.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd April 2018 at 07:23. Reason: Smiley
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:12   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I think the manual does not mention anything about the engine break-in or speeds...
There is a little bit of information in the manual:

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20180402110758.jpg
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 00:35   #2700
BHPian

Touched another milestone this weekend while returning from hogenakkal falls to Bengaluru.
Although the running is on a lower side since last six months, took around 7 months to move from 20k to 24k odometer reading.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-pvnu6152.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks