Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2018, 12:32   #2776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am planning to order boot chrome garnish that comes in zeta variant for my Baleno sigma variant.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-garn...hrome-6769754/

But I am not sure about the installation part. Can you please let me know how this part is being installed? Is it supplied with 3M adhesive tape? Is it DIY or require professional installation.

PS - image on amazon for reference https://www.amazon.in/Autopearl-Prem.../dp/B01BWLDTOY
Looks like it uses 3m tape and should be fairly simple to install
Old 15th May 2018, 15:44   #2777
BANNED

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Got a chance to see the underbody of my baleno zeta P during the third service. To my surprise, its completely naked. There is no under body coating anywhere except those thin strips covering the weld seams. This was a surprise, because in my 30 years of car ownership, i have never seen a car (even from maruti stable) without this coating. Though it is not a critical area, as a car life is more or less over in 10-15 years and any coating (by company or by owner) only benefits the owner who owns it after 15 years. Still, it is cost cutting and maruti it seems is doing it where, it is not visible to the customers eyes, or where it is not affecting safety or reliability.
Despite this, i like the car and it's good for the purpose for which it was bought.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 16:11   #2778
ada
BHPian

Moving on the same lines as @chaudh2s while my car was getting parked onto a parking tower I managed to see the underside, I too was shocked to see the lack of protection underside. Moreover there were some tape strips near about the tank seam, photo attached, can anyone tell me what exactly are these and their purpose?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20180515160329_photos.jpg  

Old 15th May 2018, 16:21   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Got a chance to see the underbody of my baleno zeta P during the third service. To my surprise, its completely naked. There is no under body coating anywhere except those thin strips covering the weld seams. This was a surprise, because in my 30 years of car ownership, i have never seen a car (even from maruti stable) without this coating.
I have never had it even on the previous two Maruti cars I have used, the Swift and the 800. Dealers always offered the coating but I have never taken it. My RS doesn't have it either. However the seam welds on the underbody are among the uglier that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Moving on the same lines as @chaudh2s while my car was getting parked onto a parking tower I managed to see the underside, I too was shocked to see the lack of protection underside. Moreover there were some tape strips near about the tank seam, photo attached, can anyone tell me what exactly are these and their purpose?
I don't seem to remember any underbody protection, plastic cladding and the like on any of the Maruti vehicles I have owned. They were all pretty naked in this department. The Polo on the other hand even had plastic underbody protection under the passenger compartment as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 15th May 2018 at 16:51.
Old 15th May 2018, 16:34   #2780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I don't seem to remember any underbody protection, plastic cladding and the like on any of the Maruti vehicles I have owned. They were all pretty naked in this department. The Polo on the other hand at least had plastic underbody protection under the passenger compartment as well.
Shibu.
I remember fairly well, it was there on our 87-800, 98-800, 99-Zen. I need to check on our 05-Swift. If you see the under body, just around the floor drainage holes, you would see another circle. This outer circle is the under body coating, is kind of a rough surface, painted/sprayed in body color on under body.
Old 15th May 2018, 17:00   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember fairly well, it was there on our 87-800, 98-800, 99-Zen. I need to check on our 05-Swift. If you see the under body, just around the floor drainage holes, you would see another circle. This outer circle is the under body coating, is kind of a rough surface, painted/sprayed in body color on under body.
Yeah I see what you mean. Did you check the inside of the spare wheel well whether the coating is there?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 16th May 2018, 00:04   #2782
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I have never had it even on the previous two Maruti cars I have used, the Swift and the 800. Dealers always offered the coating but I have never taken it. My RS doesn't have it either. However the seam welds on the underbody are among the uglier that I have seen.

I don't seem to remember any underbody protection, plastic cladding and the like on any of the Maruti vehicles I have owned. They were all pretty naked in this department. The Polo on the other hand even had plastic underbody protection under the passenger compartment as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Does that mean that the white stripes in the photo are plastic strips? I felt some, it feels more like canvas strips.
Old 16th May 2018, 01:58   #2783
Distinguished - BHPian

The rough coating on the underbody and wheelarch which is being discussed here is known as chip resistant coating which also somewhat helps in NVH. Those white strips visible in the pic are Seam sealants aka Body sealants, used to close the mouth of the seam/weld.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 10:14   #2784
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The rough coating on the underbody and wheelarch which is being discussed here is known as chip resistant coating which also somewhat helps in NVH. Those white strips visible in the pic are Seam sealants aka Body sealants, used to close the mouth of the seam/weld.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks, this seems to be a logical explanation.
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 12:31   #2785
BHPian

I have booked my 3rd Free service for this saturday at Nexa. Enquired on the Fully synthetic oil brand they have in stock, it seems only castrol is available with them.

Members who are running Castrol Fully synthetic (0-20w) can you let me know your experience on this please. I vaguely remember owners not happy with this brand compared to Mobil 1, Shell etc.
Old 17th May 2018, 14:25   #2786
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I have booked my 3rd Free service for this saturday at Nexa. Enquired on the Fully synthetic oil brand they have in stock, it seems only castrol is available with them.

Members who are running Castrol Fully synthetic (0-20w) can you let me know your experience on this please. I vaguely remember owners not happy with this brand compared to Mobil 1, Shell etc.
Castrol is a reputed brand world over and since it is the oil recommended/used by MASS too for Baleno P, you don't have much choice other than to go with it, at least till the time your car in under warranty. Its castrol magnatec 0w-20 and is strangely fully systhetic too. Generally magnatecs are part synthetic but this one is fully synthetic. I too got this filled in my baleno last week, third service and i have no complaints. I just ensured that the overhead hose reel for dispensing oil, lead to the drum with 0w-20 in the oil room, and got the oil changed in front of my eyes. Thats it, and now am satisfied for 1 year.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 17th May 2018 at 14:27.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 15:02   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Castrol is a reputed brand world over and since it is the oil recommended/used by MASS too for Baleno P, you don't have much choice other than to go with it, at least till the time your car in under warranty. Its castrol magnatec 0w-20 and is strangely fully systhetic too. Generally magnatecs are part synthetic but this one is fully synthetic. I too got this filled in my baleno last week, third service and i have no complaints. I just ensured that the overhead hose reel for dispensing oil, lead to the drum with 0w-20 in the oil room, and got the oil changed in front of my eyes. Thats it, and now am satisfied for 1 year.
Thank you for the clarification. Can you tell me how much did the 3rd free service cost you ?
Old 18th May 2018, 12:01   #2788
VEA
BHPian

Took the car for 5k service to nexa service. Frankly, I am impressed. Service area is fit for a German luxury brand. Customer lounge is great. Have a good coffee bar. They provide customers with ipads for use in the lounge. I was told that customers who get Thier cars picked up can view the service via a IP camera installed in the service area.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 14:03   #2789
BHPian

I bought a Baleno Delta P - on 15th May from NEXA Electronic City Bangalore. Couple of things i noticed at the time of delivery -

1. The vehicle was only polished and was not treated with a Teflon Coat as promised for free earlier (I did not want that either!)
2. The vehicle had no scratch or anything - it was in good shape at the time of initial PDI before the delivery day. It is May 2018 manufactured.
3. The accessory team looked a bit inexperienced to me, they did not have most of the accessories which I wanted to have and I had to wait for 4-5 days for them to get those. I wanted my car to look complete at the time of delivery itself. However, that didn't happen - I was glad I got the car.
4. Mistakes which they did - The rear upper chrome garnish was placed a little upper and had a gap in between the light and chrome garnish, ideally it should blend with the curves. They drilled a hole to fix that up and literally asked me not to wait in the accessory fitment area as it is not a good sight for a customer. Had I been there I would have definitely checked the placement. But they took me to the customer waiting area. While leaving I reminded them about the alignment of the door beeding and I was told that they do this daily and are well trained. I will leave the upper garnish like that since while fixing that they dropped a screw inside the rear hood door and I can hear rattling on speed humps and bumpy roads.
5. Door Chrome Kit comes in two variants for the Delta model - one is sticky which you can paste on top of the rubberized door lines, but it comes off over a period of time. The other one is like Z or A model where they take the window frame outside and replace it with the chrome one from A or Z model. Now the catch here is they would not touch the rear small window hence it looks really odd as it ends on the rear door itself. When I told them that I need all three parts they asked me to go with full glue ones which I rejected as i knew it might come off. Later, they agreed to put Z/A models frame kit for front and rear doors windows and pasted the small end chrome line from the other set.

Overall - I have driven around 400Kms so far and it feels great to own this car. I love the handling, breaking and looks. Suspension is something which we all know but its manageable. FE is decent too within city and amazing on highways. I am maintaining 60-80Kmph and low revs.

Here is the picture of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno.jpg  

Aashish_390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:29   #2790
BHPian

My Baleno Delta CVT returned from its first service 2 days back and I am facing a strange issue. The average fuel consumption display seems to be stuck on the same figure while the instantaneous consumption display is working fine. Earlier, the average kmpl used to vary at least once in a day based on my driving pattern and hovered around 11.7 to 12.6 kmpl avg in the city. Post service, the figure has been stuck on 12.0 kmpl for the past 2 days even though I have driven the car extensively in bumper to bumper traffic as well as open roads. Strangely enough, even the distance to empty figure is updating properly, which I believe, changes in sync with the average consumption display. Is there some kind of refresh option for the average fuel consumption display? Has anyone else faced this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks