Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 19:11   #2911
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Another Maruti addition happened today. Got a Baleno 1.2L Petrol (Zeta) in Blue colour. Accessories in the deal:
  • Illuminated sill plates
  • Floor mats
  • Mud flaps
  • Seat covers
  • Bumper protector
  • Side moulding

Paid 7.7L on the road. Shall be stock and no modifications like my Creta.
Congratulations. How come a hardcore diesel fan ended up buying a petrol? Also the pics aren't very clear. I hope you'll be treating us with some better pics, may be a proper photoshoot of the blue beauty in true a4anurag fashion.

Wish you many happy miles with this one.
tacho9000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 19:26   #2912
BHPian

Baleno production ramped up.
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has announced that they have increased production of its popular premium hatchback, the Baleno, in order to reduce waiting periods for the car.
Quote:
The Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India and is the first car to be exported from India to Japan.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...mped-up-409678
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 19:52   #2913
Senior - BHPian

I noticed a glowing battery indicator for around 20-30 seconds while driving my car today. The indicator did not come back again during my rest of driving. No issues with battery power in terms of okay horn sound, headlamp brightness etc.

What could be the reason? Something to be concerned about?

PS - I got my car serviced (3rd service, 10,000 km mark) last Friday and the SVC has topped up battery water (mentioned in service bill). My car will complete one year on 27th September.

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th September 2018 at 19:53.
Old 12th September 2018, 22:27   #2914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another Maruti addition happened today. Got a Baleno 1.2L Petrol (Zeta) in Blue colour.
Congrats! Which blue colour is this? Polo TSI to BMW to Baleno finally .

Frankly, the pics posted by you doesn't do justice to a brand new car delivered today. I thought it's a pre owned car until I saw the on road price of 7.7 lakhs. Did you get a car lying in stock yard for couple of months?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th September 2018 at 22:33.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 23:13   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, continuing the mission of getting my Zeta CVT cosmetically upgraded to Baleno RS, I got the front bumper replaced along with RS chin spoiler last weekend.

Along with this, I got the front and rear 'S' decals and rear Baleno decal painted in Piano Black. The RS decal is not visible in this pic though!

Also, I got bored of the German plates. So, got them replaced with Speedex Type 2 plates.

My next modification would be to get the rear bumper replaced
Looks sweet. Though I think you should have got the RS itself in the first place!!

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 09:55   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Looks sweet. Though I think you should have got the RS itself in the first place!!

Drive on,
Shibu
Thanks Shibhu

In 2016, I was looking a decent automatic from Maruti stable and there were sudden rumors that Maruti might launch RS with 6 speed Auto box. But, that never happened. Also, I desperately needed a car and couldn't manage with my dad's Ritz VDi ABS. So, went ahead with Zeta CVT.

Long OT - To give you a background about my previous car purchases, I have never been lucky in purchasing Sport version. In 2010, I was hell bent on getting Fiesta 1.6S in Aquarius Blue (or) Moondust Silver. But, sadly both these colours were not available. So, I went ahead with ZXi ABS and modified the exterior with OEM 1.6 Bodykit along with 1.6S logo

Here's the picture of my car.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenn...ml#post3378637 (Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai))

Last edited by theMAG : 15th September 2018 at 02:13. Reason: Grammatical error fixed.
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 13:55   #2917

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Just took the delivery of a new Nexa Baleno Petrol Zeta Manual in Nexa Blue colour Attachment 1790031
Hi, if I am not mistaken, this seems to be a Telco Colony quarter (K3 or K4 type). Congratulations for the car!
Old 14th September 2018, 17:32   #2918
BHPian

Baleno CVT Owners - Anyone in this forum who has crossed the 30K mark?

My vehicle is about to cross the 27K mark. I've a very peculiar problem in my vehicle. There's a faint humming noise when the lever is slotted at 'D' after cold start. There's no noise when the lever is at 'P', 'R' (or) 'N'.

I've been noticing this issue over the last few days. Once the vehicle starts moving, I don't hear this noise.

Also, this issue occurs in the evening too after the car is parked at office for close to 12 hrs.

What could be the problem?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 10:10   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Another Maruti addition happened today. Got a Baleno 1.2L Petrol (Zeta) in Blue colour.

Paid 7.7L on the road. Shall be stock and no modifications like my Creta.
Congrats!!!Anurag

How come a petrol ride all of a sudden. Eagerly awaiting a proper ownership report from your end.

Also regarding your comment of shall be stock I have serious doubts about the same . I guess by the time the ownership report is up there would already be some mods done on the ride.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2018 at 10:25. Reason: Please 'quote' the post using the quote button instead of copy-pasting it. Thanks.
Old 15th September 2018, 12:17   #2920
ada
BHPian

Hi All, I own a Baleno Rs, about to complete 5000kms and will be giving the car for second service. What I wanted to know from you all experienced lot is, is there a rev limiter at 6000 rpm? I have experienced this quiet often as a sudden loss of power, till I noted that this behaviour was consistent at 6k rpm.
Old 16th September 2018, 01:17   #2921
BHPian

UPDATE 1
I changed the Front Cabin Lamps, Puddle Lamps & Number Plate Lamps from regular bulbs to OSRAM 1W T10 LEDs (DIY) Since I wanted that All Led Look Throughout the car . Got an amazing deal from Amazon (6 bulbs for Rs.1200). I had already installed the Chinese bulbs in Number Plate lights, but feared electrical damage from them. Also, they were not looking good in person. Please excuse for the quality of pictures as these were clicked from mobile.
Here are some WIP pictures.

OSRAM 1W T10 LED Packaging
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1-osram-packing.jpg

Stock Bulb V/S OSRAM LED
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-2-difference.jpg

Stock Puddle Lamp Output
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-3-stock.jpg

OSRAM LED Puddle Lamp Output
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-4-led.jpg

Stock Interior Illumination
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-6-stock.jpg

Stock Interior Illumination from Front
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-7-stock.jpg

Stock Bulb V/S OSRAM LED
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-8-difference.jpg

OSRAM LED Cabin Lights
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-9-led.jpg

OSRAM LED Interior Illumination
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-10-led.jpg

OSRAM LED Interior Illumination from Front
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-11-led.jpg

Chinese LED Output
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-12-ch-led.jpg

Chinese LED Output Closeup
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-13-ch-led.jpg

Chinese LED(Left) V/S OSRAM LED (Right)
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-14-difference.jpg

Freshly Installed LTD with OSRAM LED Output
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-15-ltd.jpg

Here are some Night Shots:

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-16-night.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-17-night.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-18-night.jpg

Parting Shot
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-19-parting-shot-1.jpg

*Note*: I also tried to install LED in Boot Lamp also, but failed at it as there are some extended metal parts which do not allow any bulbs whatsoever apart from stock bulbs. Since LED Bulbs are wider, they are not able to connect with the power source. Attaching Picture for reference:
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-21-note.jpg

Only the Center Cabin Light is Yellow now which I will be changing to LED soon.

UPDATE 2
Received MyNEXA Card today after 2.5 Months from purchase.

Outer Packing
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-nexa-card-1.jpg

Inner Folder
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-nexa-card-2.jpg

Some Slips for Referring New customers to Dealer
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-nexa-card-4.jpg

Plus a booklet describing Benefits of MyNEXA Card and the Card itself.

Other Minor Updates
Installed The OBDII Bluetooth connector along with Torque Pro App. Also managed to get the Torque App's screen On Alpha's SLDA
Here is a Screen Shot From SLDA
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20180912141232.png

Also, Purchased Hella Chrome Trumpet Horn since stock horn Absolutely Pathetic . I am planning to install them soon.

OBDII Scanner along with HELLAs
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-hella-plus-obd.jpg

Parting Shot
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20-parting-shot-2.jpg

Regards

Last edited by Manan_02 : 16th September 2018 at 01:41.
Manan_02 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 09:01   #2922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post

*Note*: I also tried to install LED in Boot Lamp also, but failed at it as there are some extended metal parts which do not allow any bulbs whatsoever apart from stock bulbs. Since LED Bulbs are wider, they are not able to connect with the power source. Attaching Picture for reference:
I could change the boot lamp with this 0.5W LED bulb from Amazon (link below)
https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Retrofit...ords=osram+w5w
Did not face any problems in installing them. The improvement in light though was very minor. The bulbs were bought to replace the front cabin lights, but just tested with the boot light too. They are now doing duty in the cabin and there, the difference is very evident.
Was planning to buy the 1W W5W lamp from Amazon for the boot.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 15:43   #2923

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I noticed a glowing battery indicator for around 20-30 seconds while driving my car today. The indicator did not come back again during my rest of driving. No issues with battery power in terms of okay horn sound, headlamp brightness etc.
I experienced the same problem in my manual transmission Petrol Delta Baleno although my car had just completed 1500 km at that time. The light remained on for a few seconds and then went off.

The manual says that the light being lit while the car is running indicates a faulty battery charging mechanism. I am not sure how to recreate this situation.

I have noticed that my car stalls very easily when starting from stand still - you have to be a bit more cautious with the clutch and more liberal with the throttle when moving in first gear. Although this could just be me being clumsy, I feel that the fuel mixture is probably very lean during idle in order to keep fuel efficincy high. This is relevant because when this battery indicator lit up, my car had just stalled at a signal and I restarted it and drove away. I guess this could mean that the battery's measured voltage was low at that moment. Couldn't this mean that the battery is poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys, I am facing an issue with my Baleno. While driving on uneven roads, I hear a chirping sound in the car. I ensured that the sound is not coming from boot/parcel tray. This is coming somewhere either from suspension (front/rear I can't figure out but most probably it is from the rear).
I have owned a Civic where a rusted metal disc like thing in the muffler tip made chirping sound when accelerating.
Old 16th September 2018, 20:24   #2924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Hi All, I own a Baleno Rs, about to complete 5000kms and will be giving the car for second service. What I wanted to know from you all experienced lot is, is there a rev limiter at 6000 rpm? I have experienced this quiet often as a sudden loss of power, till I noted that this behaviour was consistent at 6k rpm.
Yet there is. It just cuts off power quite abruptly and bounces off the rev limiter. I have experienced it too and generally don't go beyond 5.5k as a result.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 16th September 2018, 21:27   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post

I just finished doing what you did a few days back. It is possible to install the LED in the boot light socket. Mind you I used the Osram 0.5W ones. But it does work.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed