Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2018, 14:36   #2956
BHPian

Has anyone changed their tyres on Delta ? The stock MRF have run 20k and makes too much noise.
Minimal road noise and comfort as prime criteria (don't care of the tyres last less than 25k) which brand/variant should I go for ?
Old 1st October 2018, 17:10   #2957
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Today, booked a limited edition Baleno Alpha 1.2 Nexa blue (manual) for my nephew from Nexa Kalyani Motors, Nagole, Hyderabad. There is a ₹5000 booking discount, and also some amount worth free accessories on offer. I think it depends on ones bargain skills. The RM promised us to deliver the car before Dussehra.

Regarding insurance, it is now mandatory to take three-year third-party premium along with one-year insurance. The RM didn't provide the break-up yet. He said if insurance is renewed before it gets lapsed then third-party premium will be deducted from the renewal premium and need to pay only difference amount if insurance is taken for another 2 years. Some further clarification is needed on this.

BTW, I received this Smart key finder as a gift from this showroom for being the 1st customer to install Suzuki Connect. So nice of them
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-2.jpeg  

kskthere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 15:45   #2958
BHPian

Is Caster adjustment possible in Baleno? Steering felt a bit tilted to the right (2-3 degree) but every time I reported this MASS simply refused to acknowledge the problem. So I made a complaint with Nexa and now they have diagnosed that the caster is out of angle. I read somewhere that caster adjustment is not possible in many vehicles, so I just want to be sure. As I don't want the workshop to do some jugaad to get the readings correct.
Old 6th October 2018, 15:47   #2959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Is Caster adjustment possible in Baleno? Steering felt a bit tilted to the right (2-3 degree) but every time I reported this MASS simply refused to acknowledge the problem. So I made a complaint with Nexa and now they have diagnosed that the caster is out of angle. I read somewhere that caster adjustment is not possible in many vehicles, so I just want to be sure. As I don't want the workshop to do some jugaad to get the readings correct.
Nope. Am adjustment is not possible. However the ASC can try to find out what part of the suspension is causing the deviation. Perhaps the lower am or strut is slightly bent and hence is causing this. That part can be replaced to check if the issue is resolved.
Old 6th October 2018, 16:48   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Nope. Am adjustment is not possible. However the ASC can try to find out what part of the suspension is causing the deviation.
They told me that nothing needs to be replaced. They will check the body alignment using some scale equipment and will make some adjustments.
What should I do to make sure that do a proper resolution of the issue and not some jugaad? I don't think these guys can be trusted after how unprofessional they have been in handling this issue in last 4-5 months..
Old 7th October 2018, 12:36   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Even my steering was a bit tilted to the right as you said. But after toe adjustment done properly, it was back to normal. Don't get it done from workshop but visit some local alignment guy and tell him to "zero" your steering. They will re-centre it properly.

Also you can have a couple of test drives and see whether it is fine or not. For my steering re-centre get the alignment guy told me to turn the steering full right, then made some toe adjustment followed by left adjustment and I was done.
puneetakhouri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 17:54   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Even my steering was a bit tilted... Don't get it done from workshop but visit some local alignment guy and tell him to "zero" your steering. ...
That's good to hear. Any particular reason why you don't advise to get it done at Maruti Workshop? They should also have all the equipments that an alignment shop has.
Old 7th October 2018, 18:44   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
That's good to hear. Any particular reason why you don't advise to get it done at Maruti Workshop? They should also have all the equipments that an alignment shop has.
Many workshops do not allow you to go to the service area so you might not be able to see them actually do the work. The local workshop is where you can actually "sit on their head" and get the work done . Also in case the guy says its done, you can actually take it out for a quick spin, check it and get it rectified again. Also local workshops are cheaper.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 12:26   #2964
BHPian

Changed front cabin, dome, boot, license plate and puddle lamps to LEDs. All DIY

Front cabin lights:
Link
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-front-cabin.png

Dome light:
Link
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-roof-light.png

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-total-illumination.jpeg

For boot, license plate and puddle lights, changed to this LED Link

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-0.5w.jpeg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-boot-lamp.png

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-license-plate.png

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-puddle-lights.png

All stock bulbs:
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-all-bulbs.jpeg

Happy with illumination of all the LEDs except boot one, not much difference.
Old 8th October 2018, 22:06   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
Changed front cabin, dome, boot, license plate and puddle lamps to LEDs. All DIY
Do the new cabin lights heat up if you keep em turned for a while? The stock ones do in mine.

Last edited by tjacob : 8th October 2018 at 22:17.
Old 8th October 2018, 22:08   #2966
BHPian

Has anyone changed stock glove box and foot-well lights to LEDs? If so, please provide the details.

It is mentioned in manual that glove box bulb no. as W1.4W but couldn't find a suitable LED. And also, no mention of bulb no. for foot-well lights. I'm planning to change the stock foot-well lights to S-Cross ones (LEDs) which should fit well. Got the part numbers: 36550M57L30 and 36550M64M30. I'll update soon.
Old 9th October 2018, 15:55   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
Has anyone changed stock glove box and foot-well lights to LEDs? If so, please provide the details.

It is mentioned in manual that glove box bulb no. as W1.4W but couldn't find a suitable LED. And also, no mention of bulb no. for foot-well lights. I'm planning to change the stock foot-well lights to S-Cross ones (LEDs) which should fit well. Got the part numbers: 36550M57L30 and 36550M64M30. I'll update soon.
I think the foot well lights are LED in the Baleno. Took a picture which i can't find now but it is indeed LED if my memory serves right.
Old 11th October 2018, 11:26   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Aren't the door sill guards supposed to be on the metal part and not the plastic part? I thought the idea was to protect the paint from getting damaged.
Yes, they were supposed to safeguard the metal part, but surprisingly both the sill-guard models from NEXA are of the same design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Do the new cabin lights heat up if you keep em turned for a while? The stock ones do in mine.
Unlike the stock bulbs, these LEDs do not heat up that much even when switched on for longer periods of time (more than 10 minutes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I think the foot well lights are LED in the Baleno. Took a picture which i can't find now but it is indeed LED if my memory serves right.
I've ordered S-Cross foot well LEDs which throw white light from Kalyani Motors, will receive them in a week's time. BTW, below are the pics of stock foot well lights of Baleno.
Courtesy: BHPian Manan_02
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fwl1.jpeg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fwl2.jpeg

Last edited by kskthere : 11th October 2018 at 11:45.
Old 12th October 2018, 18:35   #2969
BHPian

Today, my sister's new Baleno Alpha 1.2 Limited Edition got delivered

Booked on my niece's name:

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-le1.jpeg

Nexa Blue:

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-le2.jpeg
kskthere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 18:08   #2970
Distinguished - BHPian

This is not the regular Baleno, nor the Baleno RS, it is a 'Baleno EV' converted to EV from the standard petrol Baleno. It is a concept By BOSCH, it does 0-100 kmph in 8 sec.

Just to showcase the concept of a possibility of conversion of standard cars to EV , at a later date by BOSCH.

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th October 2018 at 18:10.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks