Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 11:53   #2866
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Guys,
2.) What is the wiper blade size for Baleno ?
I figured it out myself. The correct sizes are 21'(D) and 18'(P). They are not exact 21/18 but almost !

Got Bosch clear advantage replacement wipers, installed them after claying and waxing the windshield. They are silent and does a good job.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180612_123010.jpg
maverickmano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 18:32   #2867
BHPian

The Baleno came home today. Nexa "special" treatment was only above Average. And the dealership gave the feedback form in which Silent Signals were being given to give them 10 only. That Aside, It was smooth.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180629wa0012.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th July 2018 at 22:53. Reason: Rotating snap and uploading. Thanks.
Manan_02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:53   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
The Baleno came home today. Nexa "special" treatment was only above Average. And the dealership gave the feedback form in which Silent Signals were being given to give them 10 only. That Aside, It was smooth.
Attachment 1776464
Congrats on your car . You added that heart in photo or was it some balloon?

Little confused on your nexa treatment. Did you find something not up to your expectations? Just curious, if more details can be given, might be beneficial for others.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 22:01   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Congrats on your car. You added that heart in photo or was it some balloon?
It was clicked in snapchat so added a heart there and saved it. That is the only picture I have from delivery.

Quote:
Little confused on your nexa treatment. Did you find something not up to your expectations? Just curious, if more details can be given, might be beneficial for others.
There were several instances for this judgement. First of all, the car was supposed to be delivered on 24 JUNE 2018, but it was delayed to 29 JUNE 2018 because according to the RM, Maruti servers were not functional for 2 days in whole country, which I think is a lame excuse. Secondly, I was pestered for purchasing a Number Plate Frame from them @Rs 890. First they told me that it is billed from the manufacturer only, when I confronted her in front of her seniors then she told that it is billed at the dealer level only. Then she "pleaded" me that if I wouldn't buy it, amount would be deducted from her salary. Also according to her, as I was buying a top model, it was not a big amount for me. These aside, it went smooth
Manan_02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 23:52   #2870
BHPian

Hello Guys,

How is the back seat comfort for long drives? Say around 500+ kms.
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:52   #2871

I alongwith family, travelled from New Delhi to Kerala and back in my Baleno Zeta Petrol during the period from 26th May to 15th June 2018. The total distance travelled was around 7000 kms and the journey was really enjoyable. The route taken was New Delhi-Udaipur-Vadodara-Pune-Chitradurga-Bangalore-Kochi and for the return journey, Kochi-Bangalore-Pune-Vadodara-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi.

The car’s performance was superb and during the journey it consistently gave a mileage of more than 19 kmpl with driving inside cities like Vadodara, Pune, Bangalore, Coimbatore and Kochi and on highways with speeds between 90 and 130 kmph. By the time we reached Kerala, the monsoons had started and it was raining hard there.

The roads all the way from Delhi to Ernakulam (Kochi) were fantastic with a few exceptions and diversions. Road widening is going on between Kishangarh and Udaipur but we could maintain good speeds as traffic was thin.

During the week we stayed in Kerala, we travelled extensively the length and breadth of the State. One day by mistake the parking lights were left on for full night. There was no warning, or if it was there, I just did not see / hear it as it was raining heavily and in my hurry to get inside house, I just got out and locked the car. I always put the lights switch in the auto mode but on that day, by mistake it was in the “lights on” mode and I turned the knob once thinking I put off the lights. But the parking lights remained on and by next morning the battery was fully discharged and the ignition was not working.

Here a relative came to my rescue. He disconnected and removed the battery and put his car’s battery in its place and started the engine. After starting the car, this battery was disconnected and removed and the original battery was put back and connected and the engine was left running for some time so that the battery gets charged. After that there was no problem and the car was running fine.

I was a little apprehensive about the performance of the stock tyres as there have been innumerable complaints about its quality but there was no problem at all. Mostly the speed was between 90-110 with occasionally the speedo touching 130.
aarcee is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 17:58   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcee View Post
I alongwith family, travelled from New Delhi to Kerala and back in my Baleno Zeta Petrol during the period from 26th May to 15th June 2018.
That's a memorable ride. Any complaints from passengers? Was the car on AC throughout?

Last edited by Samurai : 11th July 2018 at 20:09. Reason: avoid huge quotes
Old 11th July 2018, 10:19   #2873
BHPian

Hey fellow BHPians,

I've clocked 26k plus km on my Baleno Petrol. The following are the issues I'm facing since quite a long time now:

1. The FM reception is pathetic. I've switched to USB/Aux/Bluetooth permanently. Is it the antenna or the hardware?
Action: Had a word with the SA and his solution was to replace the antenna with that of his Boss's Swift Desire . But no gain.

2. The driver's side window glass vibrates when half open/close and it is very irritating at times.
Action: Got the door opened and since the glass mechanism is based out of a single rod which moves the glass up & down and not like a "scissors" based design like old days, there is nothing to hold the glass in 2 directions, that's why the vibration, so back to square one again.

3. The bluetooth is getting disconnected abruptly while already paired in a moving car.
Action: The service center didn't have the facility to update the stereo software version and provided some shop name to get it done from there for free.
the13thtee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 10:19   #2874
VEA
BHPian

After 6 months of ownership I sold my Baleno CVT. I wasnt comfortable driving the Baleno the way I am used to, so decided to sell. It was a difficult sell to be honest, with fewer interest and resale value no where comparable to a 54 month old Polo GT I sold before getting the Baleno.

On the positive side, I enjoyed the space inside, and the cabin is rather nice to sit in on a hot day without the sun burning me.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 13:55   #2875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
After 6 months of ownership I sold my Baleno CVT. I wasnt comfortable driving the Baleno the way I am used to, so decided to sell. It was a difficult sell to be honest, with fewer interest and resale value no where comparable to a 54 month old Polo GT I sold before getting the Baleno.

On the positive side, I enjoyed the space inside, and the cabin is rather nice to sit in on a hot day without the sun burning me.
Thats interesting point. Thanks for sharing the same. If its ok, do share little more details. How many days you had to wait after you announced and before sale got finalized? Also, how much KMs that baleno had it on, and what cost you were able to sale?
Old 12th July 2018, 18:59   #2876
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Thats interesting point. Thanks for sharing the same. If its ok, do share little more details. How many days you had to wait after you announced and before sale got finalized? Also, how much KMs that baleno had it on, and what cost you were able to sale?
The car had 6000 kms on it. It took me a month to sell since I put it on sale. Dealers were quoting Rs. 7 lakhs or thereabouts for a 6 month old car with an onroad price of 9.86 lakhs now. I managed to find a buyer on olx and got a better price. I better not disclose the price as I am very unhappy about that part. I think the low quotes are primarily because Maruti offers the Baleno in may variants and prospective used car buyers want used baleno prices much below the price of a brand new lowest variant baleno.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 22:16   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
The car had 6000 kms on it. It took me a month to sell since I put it on sale. Dealers were quoting Rs. 7 lakhs or thereabouts for a 6 month old car with an onroad price of 9.86 lakhs now. I managed to find a buyer on olx and got a better price. I better not disclose the price as I am very unhappy about that part. I think the low quotes are primarily because Maruti offers the Baleno in may variants and prospective used car buyers want used baleno prices much below the price of a brand new lowest variant baleno.
Hmm, in one way, you are right. user car buyers may want a heavy discount, or go for a new one itself. Challenging point.

Thanks for sharing the info VEA.
Old 17th July 2018, 18:24   #2878

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
That's a memorable ride. Any complaints from passengers? Was the car on AC throughout?

No complaints at all. We enjoyed the drive throughout. Full time the AC was on.
Old 17th July 2018, 19:03   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
My Petrol Alpha MT has completed 13k km in 10 months which includes quite a few long drives across western ghats and Malnad region, the most recent one being last Saturday. In the last drive, we covered 800 km over two days.

The passengers never complain on highways at speeds upwards of 70 kmph, as the ride quality is quite comfortable. If anything, it is only at city speeds and on potholed city roads that it feels a bit firm.

I consistently get 17-18 kmpl at speeds between 90-120 kmph with AC full time (I never drive without AC).

Overall, very happy with the car except for the thickness of the metal on the doors which tend to pickup dimples quite fast and regularly.
Old 17th July 2018, 20:02   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

I consistently get 17-18 kmpl at speeds between 90-120 kmph with AC full time (I never drive without AC).

That is decent enough I believe. I get around 19kmpl - 21kmpl with speeds around 80kmph +/- 10kmph with AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcee View Post
No complaints at all. We enjoyed the drive throughout. Full time the AC was on.
Great!😜

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks