Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 22:22   #2656
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Guys, from where I can purchase the rooftop OEM antenna for Baleno?

My 6-month-old Baleno's antenna's plastic has been broken due to unknown reasons.
Old 15th March 2018, 23:16   #2657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys, from where I can purchase the rooftop OEM antenna for Baleno?

My 6-month-old Baleno's antenna's plastic has been broken due to unknown reasons.
Try boodmo. Their site has become super efficient these days. Do let me know if you have any difficulty in finding part number.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 00:58   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Right, the dealer confirmed again after an angry conversation that Maruti has a stockyard in Dabaspete some 25 kms from Bangalore on NH 4 (now called NH 48). Only once the car is invoiced (85% payment) the car is dispatched to the dealer.
There is no need to go to an angry mode on this. It would just ruin the new car purchase. Just pay a token amount and if the bank loan is usually through the dealer, then the dealer usually is more receptive.

During my purchase, after the token amount and the loan approval, and after confirming a fixed buy back on my old car, I insisted that I would go to the yard to see the vehicle before allocating the VIN. I had a visit to the stock yard, saw 4 or 5 cars in my selected color and asked them to assign the car that I selected from yard to me. It was a procedure that I insisted on and the dealer was completely OK with that. There was no angry conversation, and it was just business as usual and it was just another day in the office for them.

PS: They had 100% guarantee that I would be buying the car from them, as booking amount + additional amount + loan approvals + buyback of my old car, everything was already decided. Just the VIN was remaining.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 09:47   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
New Swift steering in Baleno (Plug & Play)

It will cost around 12k.
This is a fantastic news. I envy the Swift's Audi'sh steering wheel. Thanks a lot for sharing.

If I swap it on my Baleno, will this affect the warranty ?

The silvery bit in the bottom half of the steering wheel is plastic or it is just a coloured leather ? I prefer a black steering wheel.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 10:18   #2660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
If I swap it on my Baleno, will this affect the warranty ?
I think you won't get warranty for the new steering wheel. The car warranty should be fine.

Quote:
The silvery bit in the bottom half of the steering wheel is plastic or it is just a coloured leather ? I prefer a black steering wheel.
Silver part is not leather. If you want full black steering wheel, install steering wheel from V variant. But, you will miss leather wrap.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 10:26   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
New Swift steering in Baleno (Plug & Play)

It will cost around 12k.
Wow. Thats an awesome news. Really liked the steering wheel on the new Swift. Thank you so much Naren. I missed out on this thread for a few days. I would love to get the steering wheel replaced on my Baleno as well.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 10:35   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

For those looking to install new Swift steering in Baleno, there are 2 options.

1. If you have good rapport with Maruti service guys, they will do it for you. Remember you can't force service guys as it is not their duty to do this installation.

2. Leoshashi has posted part numbers. You can order them at any MGP store and get it installed at FNG

This is a simple procedure. Everything is plug and play. It hardly took 15-20 minutes for the installation. I have not installed it yet in my car. We just checked the compatibility .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 21:47   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
There is no need to go to an angry mode on this. It would just ruin the new car purchase. Just pay a token amount and if the bank loan is usually through the dealer, then the dealer usually is more receptive.

During my purchase, after the token amount and the loan approval, and after confirming a fixed buy back on my old car, I insisted that I would go to the yard to see the vehicle before allocating the VIN. I had a visit to the stock yard, saw 4 or 5 cars in my selected color and asked them to assign the car that I selected from yard to me. It was a procedure that I insisted on and the dealer was completely OK with that. There was no angry conversation, and it was just business as usual and it was just another day in the office for them.

PS: They had 100% guarantee that I would be buying the car from them, as booking amount + additional amount + loan approvals + buyback of my old car, everything was already decided. Just the VIN was remaining.
Well, I guess I can be a little angry with this guy. He was the RM when I bought i20 in 2011 and we have stayed in touch. Anyways, I took delivery,of the car the day before yesterday; 14th March 2018.
Old 17th March 2018, 19:06   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
For those looking to install new Swift steering in Baleno, there are 2 options.
This comes as great news as I love the steering design on the new Swift compared to the bread and butter MS steering wheel on the Baleno.

Hope the steering mounted controls and airbag functionality is not affected by the steering switch!
targaryen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 20:43   #2665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Hope the steering mounted controls and airbag functionality is not affected by the steering switch!
Steering functions worked perfectly.

Airbag functionality not tested . There was no airbag malfunction light and the connections for airbag module were plug and play. It should be fine. SDT scan also did not show any malfunction with airbag .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th March 2018 at 20:44.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 00:39   #2666
BHPian

I noticed that one of the DRLs on my ~9K run Baleno Alpha is not working anymore. Any idea what the problem could be? This is an LED so I would have thought it would last much longer.

Could this be a fuse?

Will Maruti replace it under warranty? And does the entire unit with the headlamp need to be replaced or is the DRL alone replacable?
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 01:12   #2667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Could this be a fuse?
Possible. Just check it.

Quote:
Will Maruti replace it under warranty? And does the entire unit with the headlamp need to be replaced or is the DRL alone replacable?
Maruti will not replace only DRL. It is not even available as a separate part. They will change full headlight under warranty .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 01:26   #2668
Team-BHP Support

Isn't that a bad design decision? What happens for out of warranty replacement? Pay for a full headlamp unit whenever a DRL conks off? How much does the projector+DRL setup cost?
Old 18th March 2018, 01:45   #2669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Isn't that a bad design decision? What happens for out of warranty replacement? Pay for a full headlamp unit whenever a DRL conks off? How much does the projector+DRL setup cost?
I guess you don't know about the newer Maruti's like the Ignis or the Swift, anything happens in the whole unit, nothing is replaceable. It will cost you 19k for the entire unit replacement. Atleast the Baleno or the Old S cross have HIDs which can be replaced in case they conk off. Nothing like that in the LED units.

People aren't aware of this, and Maruti is sitting on a ticking time bomb.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 02:33   #2670
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Isn't that a bad design decision? What happens for out of warranty replacement? Pay for a full headlamp unit whenever a DRL conks off?
+1.

It is the same for most of these modern headlights (especially the top-end variants).

For example, in my Creta too, the pilot lamps are LED and not replaceable. In case it conks off, whole unit has to be changed which costs around ₹17,600.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks