Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2018, 02:34   #2671
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Isn't that a bad design decision? What happens for out of warranty replacement? Pay for a full headlamp unit whenever a DRL conks off? How much does the projector+DRL setup cost?
I wouldn't call it a bad design. That's how most of the modern cars are. Be it new Maruti or high end Mercedes. The projectors and DRL are sealed inside headlight unit. No Manufacturer would open the headlights by breaking the seal, replace the parts and reseal it. All this is jugaad / aftermarket work, nowhere close to OE standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Atleast the Baleno or the Old S cross have HIDs which can be replaced in case they conk off. Nothing like that in the LED units.
Yes, HID bulb is available. But if HID projector itself goes bad, we need to replace full headlight assembly.

Quote:
People aren't aware of this, and Maruti is sitting on a ticking time bomb.
I hope the prices come down with time .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 10:46   #2672
VEA
BHPian

I have been driving aroud with my Baleno CVT for about 2 months now. I have used couple of other CVTs before, but the one on the Baleno is a little different, i feel. It provides excellent engine braking like in a dual clutch box, never coasting until it is down to 20kmph or so. Because the engine is still revving and not idling, it responds to light accelerator inputs and quickly gathers speed in city driving conditions. I feel the Baleno has very little rubber band effect corresponding to it engine size and it is felt mostly after 3500 rpms. During normal driving it is hardly felt. Like someone mentioned here earlier, keep it in between 2000 and 3000 rpms, and the engine/gearbox is most tractable. This is where the S mode comes into picture. Engaging the S mode will keep your car in this range unless you are about to come to a stop.

From a standstill the car takes off just fine, you will be able to beat most cars at the green light. The S mode doesnt make any difference here. But the S mode do make a difference in in-gear acceleration. My driving style has adapted to keep the car in between 2-2.5k rpm and I am happy with the performance. The FE meanwhile, is between 10.5 to 11 kmpl in urban conditions . There is a humming noise from cvt which is annoying. More annoying is that my 6 year old has started mimicking it.

The rear part of the car feel light and just bobs around undulations. The front is always planted. Frustrating. Maybe the hard suspension at the rear. It makes the rear bumper resonate as it lacks any form of reinforcement. I am planning to damp the rear bumper.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 11:30   #2673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
....People aren't aware of this, and Maruti is sitting on a ticking time bomb.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

It is the same for most of these modern headlights (especially the top-end variants)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I wouldn't call it a bad design. That's how most of the modern cars are. Be it new Maruti or high end Mercedes....
While my comment wasn't about Maruti alone, it goes without saying a luxury car customer would be far more forgiving of such replacements than a budget customer. Not to mention the quality isn't going to be the same across segments either.

Wait and watch, but this isn't going to sit well with the sub-10L customer base. 30-40k for a pair of headlamps, well that's almost 5% of the car's sticker price.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 16:08   #2674
Senior - BHPian

It's been around 6 months since I am driving my Baleno. Completed 5000 Kms and done 2nd free service yesterday. Took the car for a long 1000 kms road trip from Delhi to various places in Rajasthan.

Will update my ownership thread with further details.

Meanwhile, I am looking for the front grill that comes in Delta and higher variants to replace it with the one that comes in my Sigma variant.

While I personally like the grill design of Sigma variant, I wanted to swap it as an addon. From where I can get the Delta variant front grill, I enquired from 2 Nexa dealers & their accessories department and also from Maruti service center. All were clueless about my query.

Is Delta variant's front grill installable in Sigma? From where I can procure it and get it installed?

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th March 2018 at 16:11.
Old 18th March 2018, 16:35   #2675
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is Delta variant's front grill installable in Sigma? From where I can procure it and get it installed?
Check the below link and order from here

http://oriparts.com/7/157/2963/782449
Old 18th March 2018, 16:40   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check the below link and order from here

http://oriparts.com/7/157/2963/782449
Thanks Anurag. Is this website backed by Maruti? Can rely on it for genuine products?

Can you please help in selecting the correct part? I guess in the link, I need to order only 6 & 7 item (grill and logo)?

Is it compatible and after receiving the part from where I should get the part replaced? Any FNG? or need to go to Maruti SVC.
Old 18th March 2018, 17:36   #2677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this website backed by Maruti? .
No. But their suppliers are reputed MGP stores of Delhi (LMC automotive etc)

Quote:
Can rely on it for genuine products?
Yes. They have become very easy to deal with now. You even have option of returning the spare incase you don't like it. I personally order many spares now. Earlier they were a bit cumbersome to deal with, but no such issues now.

Quote:
I guess in the link, I need to order only 6 & 7 item (grill and logo)?
Yes.

Quote:
Any FNG? or need to go to Maruti SVC
Any FNG can do it for you. Or you can do it yourself, requires a minor DIY.

Regards
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 18th March 2018 at 17:38.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 18:03   #2678
BANNED

Quote:
Can you please help in selecting the correct part? I guess in the link, I need to order only 6 & 7 item (grill and logo)?
I presume these are following parts that need to be purchased:

71740M68P10-C48 = Grille Radiator Upper
77811M65J00-0PG =Emblem S Chrome
03541M0516A = Screws (Not sure of this though)

Correct prices for the above parts, Leoshashi Sir will help you out with.

Quote:
Is it compatible and after receiving the part from where I should get the part replaced? Any FNG? or need to go to Maruti SVC.
Any FNG should do it for you or if you are in good terms with your MASS, they'll do it for you.
Old 19th March 2018, 10:58   #2679
BHPian

Quote:

I drive a Zeta CVT. I have replaced the below front OEM grills.

a) Sigma
b) RS

Both were procured and installed by MSM Chennai.

In fact, before I got the RS grill installed, I had MSM to paint the Zeta variant grill in Piano black

So, Maruti service centre should do the job for you.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:19   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
It provides excellent engine braking like in a dual clutch box, never coasting until it is down to 20kmph or so. Because the engine is still revving and not idling, it responds to light accelerator inputs and quickly gathers speed in city driving conditions. I feel the Baleno has very little rubber band effect corresponding to it engine size
Rightly said; the CVT is tuned quite well.

Quote:
My driving style has adapted to keep the car in between 2-2.5k rpm and I am happy with the performance. The FE meanwhile, is between 10.5 to 11 kmpl in urban conditions
I guess the rpm you maintain could be the culprit here. I drive within city limits on a regular basis and my round-trip commute to office is under 10km. Still I manage to get 12.5 to 13 kmpl within the city. I rarely cross 2k; in fact in some stretches the Baleno does 60 kmph just shy of 1k rpm.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 20th March 2018 at 14:21.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 20:28   #2681
BHPian

I have booked a Maruti Baleno Delta CVT on 21st February 2018 from Nexa Kataria Ahmedabad. I was quoted a waiting period of 6 weeks from the date of booking as is usually the case with the Baleno. The RM orally assured me that the car would be available for delivery on 5th or 6th March 2018 (which I took with a pinch of salt). I received a booking confirmation e-mail from the dealership on 24th February 2018, quoting a tentative delivery date of 15th March 2018. I waited with excitement for my first automatic car. Based on buying experiences I have read on Team-BHP, I was expecting to receive an SMS from the company/dealership regarding allotment of a vehicle to me or status updates on my booking. However, I received neither. While I was constantly inquiring with my RM to provide a status on my booking, he kept procrastinating. Ultimately, I decided to send an e-mail to the dealership on 15th March 2018 (the tentative delivery date) seeking a proper response on my booking. I received a response assuring me that the the car would be delivered within the quoted waiting period of 6 weeks and I should ignore the tentative delivery date. There was complete absence of any communication from the dealership after this. Today, on 21st March 2018, I received a phone call from my RM, informing that they are not receiving any automatic variants of the Baleno from the company (Neither Delta, Zeta or Alpha) and he cannot commit whether the car would be delivered within the period of 6 weeks or even a month from today. He tried to push me into buying a blue Baleno Delta CVT already available with them in their yard. I flatly refused as I am not flexible on the choice of colour when I am buying a "premium" car with my hard earned money and I am also not sure how long these vehicles were lying in their yard. I have informed him that I will get back to him on my booking shortly.

Can fellow BHP-ians please guide me on the further course of action I can/should take? Should I cancel my booking and move to another dealership? Should I escalate this issue with the current dealership and seek an official response from the higher management? I am confused and extremely disappointed with the lethargic response from the dealership once I booked the car (it was a very rosy picture between the test-drive experience and booking day).
Old 21st March 2018, 22:36   #2682
BHPian

^ I think they are trying to sell a car which some one might have cancelled just before taking delivery. It is just an unsold car in their stock yard. This is just foul. How on earth Maruti stop making CVT Baleno. If you are in a rush, Dealer will use that in their own advantage. Some buyers will oblige and buy whatever is available. You just represent that you are not in a hurry.

Ask your RM to send a written (email) confirmation on this that Maruti is not making any CVT Baleno. I am sure he would not do it.

If you have doubts, check with the other dealer in the City.

You can escalate to Maruti via email channel but I dont have their escalation email IDs. May be someone can help here.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 23:54   #2683
Team-BHP Support

Write to Maruti directly. Slim chance the dealer/RM will change his story. Maruti is usually responsive to customer grievances.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:16   #2684
BHPian

Power Window motor noise

Does the motor operate even after the windows are rolled up completely?

I have been noticing this from Day 1 of my ownership.

Can other Baleno owners clarify if this is normal in all Baleno's?

The reason I'm asking is I don't hear this sound in my Ritz.
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:07   #2685
BHPian

No it should not. There should be no noise once the glass reaches the top most portion or bottom most portion of the window. Better check it in a Maruti service center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks