Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 22:18   #1846
BHPian

I am planning to book Baleno Petrol after months and months of thinking/comparing with Breeza. The reasons to go for Baleno is 1. No petrol option available in Breeza, 2. Better Paint and Interior Quality, 3. Better driving feel and 4. Better rear seat comfort. I have a question! How is the cars highway performance when fully loaded with 4 Adults, 1 Kid and luggage for the whole family? How it perform in Ghats?
Old 29th March 2017, 22:37   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Agree with you here that the rubber band effect is an over quoted phenomenon. Have never felt short of power. On the contrary feel disc brakes on rear wheels too (aka Baleno RS) would have been great. Have just driven my Zeta CVT about 2900 kms in 6 months. My wife too drives an automatic (Wagon R AMT) which I get a chance to drive while getting it fuelled every weekend, but I simply love the Baleno CVT. Longing to go on a long holiday driving my CVT. Use the sport mode only when my son is looking for a little thrill on an open empty road.
I have driven a Jazz CVT, but never a Baleno CVT. Rubber band effect in Jazz is quite manageable. My colleague has a Baleno CVT & another has a Baleno petrol manual. In same city CVT is returning 3/4 kmpl less than the manual where as Jazz CVT owners are reporting same FE as manual. Why is it so? Do you also get less FE than manual Baleno? Have you ever experienced Jazz CVT. If yes how does it compare with your car.
Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 23:19   #1848
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I have a question! How is the cars highway performance when fully loaded with 4 Adults, 1 Kid and luggage for the whole family? How it perform in Ghats?
I have driven swift with the same engine

and I never faced any power issues on full load. You might will have to revv it out to nuts on the ghats but then the engine is tuned that way and sounds sporty as well. Moreover Baleno already weighs 100 kgs lesser.

If Brezza was in contention then I would recommend you to look at S-Cross as well. It's the best product from Maruti in almost every way.

Last edited by Waspune : 29th March 2017 at 23:20.
Old 30th March 2017, 10:10   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
If Brezza was in contention then I would recommend you to look at S-Cross as well. It's the best product from Maruti in almost every way.
Parking space is a constraint for me. The length of my parking is only 4093 mm to be precise, though width is not an issue. Hence I am looking for any car with length less than 4050 mm 😊
Old 30th March 2017, 10:50   #1850

Better go for Baleno instead of Brezza since lenght is 3995 mm & power is better due to lower weight
Old 30th March 2017, 11:43   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
I am planning to book Baleno Petrol after months and months of thinking/comparing with Breeza. The reasons to go for Baleno is 1. No petrol option available in Breeza, 2. Better Paint and Interior Quality, 3. Better driving feel and 4. Better rear seat comfort. I have a question! How is the cars highway performance when fully loaded with 4 Adults, 1 Kid and luggage for the whole family? How it perform in Ghats?
Baleno is a better choice then Brezza. Interior Quality of Baleno is definitely better as well. Also the rear bench is wider.

Sincr you are looking at Petrol, the Baleno is the best choice in its segment due to Excellent 1.2 K series Engine & Very Good Pricing. If you are of with Automatic, try Zeta CVT. It's a very smooth gearbox.

Quote:
Parking space is a constraint for me. The length of my parking is only 4093 mm to be precise, though width is not an issue. Hence I am looking for any car with length less than 4050 mm 😊
Baleno fits here well. Apart from length, it also has lower turning radius I guess.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 17:17   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is the cars highway performance when fully loaded with 4 Adults, 1 Kid and luggage for the whole family? How it perform in Ghats?
Highway is where Baleno truly excels.I have been consistently getting around 18-20 kmpl on highway at expressway speeds ( 100-120 ).

I took Baleno to Matheran with exact same load as mentioned by you, without any issues.Do note that Matheran is very difficult Ghat with narrow and steep roads.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 18:18   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Highway is where Baleno truly excels.I have been consistently getting around 18-20 kmpl on highway at expressway speeds ( 100-120 ).

I took Baleno to Matheran with exact same load as mentioned by you, without any issues.Do note that Matheran is very difficult Ghat with narrow and steep roads.
Do you have a petrol or diesel? If the former, that is great mileage.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 18:40   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Do you have a petrol or diesel? If the former, that is great mileage.
He owns a petrol I suppose. Even I own a Petrol baleno and I too witness similar mileage numbers when on highways. In the initial days of my ownership I used to have smaller mileage values but later on improved and now stabilized in this range. Touchwood.

Quote:
ashok_lat How is the cars highway performance when fully loaded with 4 Adults, 1 Kid and luggage for the whole family?
It is a must say that I get too exuberant driving my baleno on highways and that feel pulls my heart always to the highway streets. Comfort for a complete family is purely amazing.

Last edited by rohiT Nonu : 30th March 2017 at 18:44.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 19:11   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I have driven a Jazz CVT, but never a Baleno CVT. Rubber band effect in Jazz is quite manageable. My colleague has a Baleno CVT & another has a Baleno petrol manual. In same city CVT is returning 3/4 kmpl less than the manual where as Jazz CVT owners are reporting same FE as manual. Why is it so? Do you also get less FE than manual Baleno? Have you ever experienced Jazz CVT. If yes how does it compare with your car.
Thanks

The 2700 kms odd that I have driven my Baleno Zeta CVT in 6 months, the mileage showing on the instrument cluster hovers between 11.2 to 11.6. But then it is all city driving in the crazy Gurgaon traffic. Add to it the AC in auto mode always and the liberal use by me on idling as well (having used an SX4 Diesel before buying this). Plus I am so fond of the car and find the CVT so good, that I regularly Floor the accelerator whenever I get the opportunity on wide open roads. Don't know what someone in similar conditions with a manual would be getting. But am not concerned.
Old 30th March 2017, 20:44   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven Baleno fully loaded, i.e 5 adults + Cargo on the ghat road(Shiradi Ghat), never felt a problem, never felt it underpowered, never needed to rev it hard.

On highways it is a breeze to drive it. Returned an average 18-19Kmpl at speeds 100-120Kmph with 100% AC

If you are too anxious I would recommend renting a self-drive car for a day and try it on all types roads and conditions to clear the air.

Except for the stiffer suspension this is a wonderful car.

Last edited by maverickmano : 30th March 2017 at 20:51. Reason: Added more data
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 22:04   #1857
BHPian

OK... I guess I must share my Zeta CVT experience.
Ray Blue. Took delivery during September 2016.
- Driving is a pleasure. Seating + Steering adjustments help you find that sweet spot in no time.
- High speeds on the highway - I found it stable and "trusty".
- The rather stiff suspension is different from my earlier Swift. But probably adds to the high speed stability. But those rumblers that appear out of nowhere..., not a pretty sound when you hit one. My swift absorbed them better.
- Interiors - Awesome - Lot of space. Classy.
- Now about 9.5k KM; No rattling or other noises.
- Stock ICE - good. Got a 3M acoustic treatment done at the 3M outlet at the UB Mall - BLR. Definitely brought out some deep tones.
- Running stock tyres. Am happy with the overall performance.
- Clearance - pretty good - never had a bad experience, even on those mega "industrial size" humps.

CVT
- Takes a while to really get that optimal driving style.
- Pedal to the metal does not always translate to quick take offs. It can interpret it as "oh you need more power?" - OK Lets pump up the revs, move slowly and take off at leisure.
- I get a 16.2 KM/L with AC in City now. Not a very spirited driver, but I do not mind letting a few of those hot wheels know that I am up to it if needed!
- In Bangalore traffic the CVT is god sent! Definitely eases a LOT of driving stress.
- Rubber Band effect - hmmm... still searching for it! May be its what I explained in the beginning. Rev too much and the engine screams, car crawls, speeds up leisurely, then once you cross about 45kmph you see the power kick in, taking you to a 100 in no time. Just a question of getting used to how to play the gas pedal. [People who have driven the kinetic honda scooter will know that feeling]

Service
- Am happy with Maruti service. No complaints. They pick my car form office, drop back, the works.

Overall : Mugambo...... KHUSH hua!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc_0183-1.jpg  

Last edited by CLIX : 30th March 2017 at 22:09.
CLIX is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 17:02   #1858
BHPian

Wow ! That's some superb Balenoinformation galore from the TBHP members. Have learnt a lot and finally after test driving Aspire Diesel Titanium and Baleno Zeta Diesel closed on Baleno Zeta Diesel. (Still drooling over black Aspire though )
Now comes the waiting part. What I want to understand is, has someone booked the same car in 2 different states and has it been beneficial?

I booked a Zeta Deisel on 26th March in Noida (Vipul Motors) and Today booked the same car in Gurgaon (Pasco Automobiles).
Is there anyway to decrease the waiting period. Also, would someone​ know if the MSIL Gujarat Plant is fully operational?

Regards,

Dev-Gun
Old 31st March 2017, 18:06   #1859
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Is there anyway to decrease the waiting period.
The easiest but costliest way is to go for Baleno RS.

Or, wait for some more time and check the new DZire when it is launched. Another sub-4m car, but will have a better novelty factor.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 31st March 2017 at 18:23.
Old 31st March 2017, 18:14   #1860
Distinguished - BHPian

The popular Baleno has driven past the 150,000 unit sales n 18 months. Launched on October 26, the car took less than a year to hit the 100,000 milestone - Petrol variant outshines its diesel counterpart.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibalenosalesinindia.jpg

The popularity of the hatchback hasn’t dimmed despite nearly three subsequent price hikes – in January 2016 by up to Rs 12,000 followed by another one in March 2016 of up to Rs 16,699 and in August 2016 by Rs 10,000 (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi). More recently, on March 3, 2017 .

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st March 2017 at 18:15.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks