Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 18:20   #346
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I had recently shot an email to Maruti and NEXA regarding the "production is stopped for Baleno" excuse given by the showrooms.

Here is the reply by NEXA
Quote:
Thank you for contacting NEXA

We wish to inform you that there is no official information about production of Baleno.

However, we request you to send us the following information, to expedite in this case.

. Phone number with STD code/mobile number

. Preferred car variant

. Preferred NEXA dealer

. City and State

Please feel free to revert in case of any other query or clarification required.

Thanking & assuring you of our best services at all times.
So there is no clear answer to the query. What should one assume? I am sure Maruti or any other company would not stop production of such a high demand vehicle and that too for almost 15 days.
Old 8th January 2016, 19:05   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
...So there is no clear answer to the query. What should one assume? I am sure Maruti or any other company would not stop production of such a high demand vehicle and that too for almost 15 days.
Every company shuts down their plant for 1-2 weeks for annual maintenance. This is done in the same period on an yearly basis.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 19:14   #348
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Every company shuts down their plant for 1-2 weeks for annual maintenance. This is done in the same period on an yearly basis.
Any idea about when Maruti shuts their plant?

The thing is there is no confimation from anyone regarding the date about production starting again. While my RM says it will happen after 15th Jan, some other members have posted that the production has already started a long time or might start after 10th Jan.

By the way wouldn't it make sense to stop production in December so that a less no. cars are made at the end of year.

The reason for my Baleno delivery being delayed is the same. Since I had to wait till Jan (booked in Nov and was given a wait period of atleast 8 weeks), I have requested a 2016 made model only.
Old 8th January 2016, 19:17   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about when Maruti shuts their plant?
Car companies are also shutting down their factories for maintenance. This will also help car makers correct their inventory position before the new year begins.

Here is the info for you,

Quote:
India's largest selling carmaker, Maruti Suzuki will keep its plants shut from December 27 to January 3, 2016.

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...rk-013176.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th January 2016 at 19:20.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 19:18   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about when Maruti shuts their plant?...

By the way wouldn't it make sense to stop production in December so that a less no. cars are made at the end of year...
Not too sure of the shut down time for Maruti, but Hyundai does it in Dec IIRC. And as usual, new stocks come with an updated price tag.

You are right on the logic, people try to avoid buying a previous model in Dec end. But then, it doesn't apply for the hot cakes.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th January 2016 at 19:19.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 22:32   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
@chandra1, As mentioned by BHPian swiftnfurious, get the part touched up where paint has completely come off. For such scratches you may also consider purchasing a can of touchup spray.
Thank you for the tips sir but I see that the reviews of the products are not so good. People are complaining of color not matching. Will it be okay to get the touchup job done at a local mechanic shop? The door one is not a scratch but a long thin dent. :( The hot water trick sounds good. Will try it on the bumper.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 22:37   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Thank you for the tips sir but I see that the reviews of the products are not so good. People are complaining of color not matching. Will it be okay to get the touchup job done at a local mechanic shop? The door one is not a scratch but a long thin dent. :( The hot water trick sounds good. Will try it on the bumper.
I have tried that product twice with nice results. Also depends on how you use the can.

Still if you aren't confident to do it yourself, why not ask your MASS for a touchup the next time you go for a service. They do it for free and paint matching isnt an issue. Please refrain from doing touchup jobs at local FNGs unless they are too famous.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 18:20   #353
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried that product twice with nice results. Also depends on how you use the can.
Did you try the same color - pearl arctic white? If that's the case I will buy the kit.
Old 9th January 2016, 20:06   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you try the same color - pearl arctic white? If that's the case I will buy the kit.
No Sir, Unfortunately not. I have used Silky Silver twice and granite grey once. Though granite grey is a dark colour, hence colour matching isn't an issue there. But we had to be lot more careful with Silky silver shade as its a lighter shade.
The kit has two pieces of sandpaper of different grits, one cutting paste which is abrasive compound, one can of paint and one can of clear coat.

If you arent too confident, you may consider getting it done at MASS. That IMO is the better option since you have never used the kit before and for first time users, it can be tricky. I also goofed up the first time I used it.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 00:46   #355
BHPian

Quote:
The kit has two pieces of sandpaper .... you may consider getting it done at MASS.
Thank you for the details, sir. I requested MASS at first service but they were very reluctant to do any touch up job. They were pushing for complete repaint under insurance which I refused. I think I can try the kit myself on a very small part first. Would be a learning experience which can be very useful in future.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 06:44   #356
BHPian

Quote:
I think I can try the kit myself on a very small part first. Would be a learning experience which can be very useful in future.
From the pictures, you've uploaded, most of the scratches are barely visible, some of them appear to be superficial ones (clear coat cuts over left side doors). Touch up with spray paint is inessential if you ask me but if you're willing to go ahead with the touch up job, please do watch related videos on YouTube before proceeding. There are numerous tutorials on the job. For instance, you can check this one.

Please do refrain from touching up clear coat scratches. Proper buffing with a rubbing compound followed by application of wax/paint sealant will fix them.

All the best for your first DIY-touch up job. Please do post the results once you're done.

Cheers!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 10th January 2016 at 06:48.
Old 10th January 2016, 11:40   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Please do refrain from touching up clear coat scratches.
The link seems really useful. I am definitely not going to touch the scratches on the doors, just the front bumper ones.
Another issue. My front right tyre strangely got punctured 3days back. It has got a weird sidewall cut and lost the air pressure immediately. Fortunatelly I was not in traffic and the car was at a very slow speed. May be it was a mischief done by some psycho guy or a manufacturing defect. MASS told me to contact apollo directly. I called apollo and they said their service inspector will call me within 48 hours and will visit for inspection. Do you guys think they will replace the tyre? If not is it repairable?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_2016011011372001.jpeg  

Last edited by chandra1 : 10th January 2016 at 11:42.
Old 10th January 2016, 12:02   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The link seems really useful. I am definitely not going to touch the scratches on the doors, just the front bumper ones.
Another issue. My front right tyre strangely got punctured 3days back. It has got a weird sidewall cut and lost the air pressure immediately. Fortunatelly I was not in traffic and the car was at a very slow speed. May be it was a mischief done by some psycho guy or a manufacturing defect. MASS told me to contact apollo directly. I called apollo and they said their service inspector will call me within 48 hours and will visit for inspection. Do you guys think they will replace the tyre? If not is it repairable?
Sad to see the cut in the tyre.

As explained in detail in a separate thread, it is advisable not to use the tyres with the sidewall cut. At the most, one can out a tube inside the tyre and use it as a spare.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-possible.html

It appears that the cut (or crack) in your tyre has opened in the innner radius of the tyre. I mean, it has propogated all the way to the inner radius (which is hidden behind the rim). Pl check if it is really so. In that case, better not to use the tyre even as a spare.

So far, I have not come across such a crack, which has opened in the inner radius. It looks that this has not been caused by the abuse. In case of abuse, the more bulgy (convex) portion of the sidewall will take a hit generally. Also, the cracks from abuse will be generally circumferential; your crack is radial. If the tyre company denies the replacement, you can explain these points to them politely.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 10th January 2016 at 12:04.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 12:10   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
If the tyre company denies the replacement, you can explain these points to them politely.
Thank you for the technical details, sir. Will show your comment to the executive if needed.
Old 10th January 2016, 13:57   #360
BHPian

Hi All,

I just wanted to know regarding buying accessories online. I was thinking of getting the 3D mats and car cover but not sure if I would be able to get the correct products considering that this is a new car in the market. Has anyone brought these products online and can provide feedback for the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks