Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 23:31   #481
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
I had booked a Baleno (Alpha | Petrol) in Premium Silver on 17th Nov. I was promised a delivery by 20th Dec. My queue no was 13 for the color and model.

On Dec 5th, I asked for a change in color (Autumn Orange). I was told that one change in color is allowed and will not affect my queue no. I was told that my new queue no was 2.
Quote:
After raising the matter with the authorities, exchanging a few mails with the NEXA senior managers and incessant follow-ups with the RM, I got to know on 15th last week that the next lot - to be announced in a day - will most likely contain my car as well. Upon inquiring I was told that only one Autumn Orange car is being dispatched and it will be allotted to me only since the customer placed higher in priority to me had changed his mind on the color a while back.

Today, I am told by the RM that the car has been allotted to me and it will reach their showroom latest by tomorrow. The price has been increased by around Rs. 4000 for my choice of variant (Alpha); final price list is being prepared by them for Chandigarh.
Quote:
I sent my uncle to NEXA this morning. He called me up and said that the RM is not allowing him to go to the warehouse. I spoke to the RM that we want to do our PDI at the warehouse only. He said the car there is drenched in mud and they have no washing facility there. If they send it for washing the odometer will reflect some kms which they will not allow. I said that's ok, we'll see the car in that condition itself to which he replied it will be very tough.
I finally took the delivery of the car on Monday, 25th January, at NEXA, Elante Mall, Chandigarh.
Pre Registration Inspection
1) I could not go to their yard near the airport as it was sealed for the French President's visit
2) They brought the car to the showroom after one round of washing. I went to check it there on 23rd.
3) I checked the car for scratches/dents and tried to decode the VIN inside the bonnet. To my surprise, the VIN was less than 21 characters I left it as such and saw that adjacent to the VIN was engraved a date reading 14.1.2016
4) The RM told me that the Form 22 and the Road worthiness certificate are not with them and I will receive them by post within a week of buying the car
5) The odometer was clocked at 12 kms

On the day of the delivery, I got the boot mat, the side beadings and the car charger as accessories; the mud flaps were out of stock.
The RM took a low-quality, ill-shot photo of me with the car with an iPhone 4S . But he, very enthusiastically, gave a detailed demo of the car.

Last night, I drove the car from Chandigarh to Gurgaon (from 3 am to 6:30 am covering 270 km). 20.1 kmpl was the final mileage. The avg speed was 77 kmph. Top speed 100. Highest RPM 2500 (considering the run-in period).

The car drives smoothly
The doors shut firmly
NVH is very low

I require help on the following -
1) Suggestions on the floor mats - the NEXA one's (3D cup mats) cost 1750. I am willing to spend more to get high quality ones.

2) Seat covers - 5 years ago when my family bought the Micra we were told that one should wait for the seats to set in before going for seat covers. NEXA one's range from Rs. 8000 to 12000 for PU leather and Rs. 25000 for original leather. On Micra seats, after the 4th year I started to feel sweat under the thighs after even shorter drives. PU leather ones or real leather?

3) 3M coating which members here swear about . Please guide me (share link) to the thread on this website.

4) I am planning to change the alloys. Please tell me the PCD of the nuts/rims for exact compatibility. Has anybody sold the stock alloys, for how much?

5) Please guide me to the thread on the run-in period. All that I know is one must not go above 2500 rpm during the first thousand kms.
(I need to know that urgently as my manager has asked me to take my car for our official visit to Jaipur next week )

Posting a few pics of the car (old Red Micra is behind the Baleno)-
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-wp_20160126_001.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-wp_20160126_004.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-wp_20160126_003.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-wp_20160126_006.jpg  

Last edited by multiloop : 27th January 2016 at 23:46.
multiloop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 00:22   #482
BHPian

The dreaded letter from Nexa Rana Motors, E of K, N.Delhi arrived today informing that due to unavoidable circumstances, the waiting period of Petrol Baleno ,all variants has been extended to 6 months, expressing regrets for the inconvenience & thanking me for my patronage, blah, blah.
What do I do now? Stick it out till mid June or go in for some other car?

Very Agonising..

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2016 at 07:05. Reason: Removed dots
Old 28th January 2016, 01:49   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/14/gas-gauge/

My real-life experience and research on the Internet show that fuel guages are designed to be non-linear. Calculating FE based on readings such as "1/2 tank", "1/4 tank", "3/4 tank", "3/5 bars on digital guage", etc., is not reliable. They do not give us correct readings. You can try the full tank method instead.
Oh! that's something I was totally unaware of! engineering and calibration for psychological satisfaction
The article was published in 2010, are we sure this still in practice today?

Quote:
I require help on the following -
1) Suggestions on the floor mats - the NEXA one's (3D cup mats) cost 1750. I am willing to spend more to get high quality ones.
Congratulations!
What I understand now is, these 'NEXA' mats aren't standard or uniform across dealers. I got something called 'Transparent' mats, just took it as temporary mats.

If you are okay to compromise the aesthetic appeal of the cabin go for 3M Nomad mats. I believe they are proven to be the best functional mats.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 08:41   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
The dreaded letter from Nexa Rana Motors, E of K, N.Delhi arrived today informing that due to unavoidable circumstances, the waiting period of Petrol Baleno ,all variants has been extended to 6 months, expressing regrets for the inconvenience & thanking me for my patronage, blah, blah.

Very Agonising..
Look on the bright side; by then the boosterjet might have come out That's sure to be a hoot to drive and well worth the wait
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 09:39   #485
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3) I checked the car for scratches/dents and tried to decode the VIN inside the bonnet. To my surprise, the VIN was less than 21 characters I left it as such and saw that adjacent to the VIN was engraved a date reading 14.1.2016
Could you point out the location where this date will be displayed? I haven't spotted such, atleast in the cars I saw at the showroom.

Quote:
You can try some after market options. These will come in the range of 2000 plus. The NEXA one is a carpet type which I would not suggest as they get dirty quickly and are a pain to clean.

Quote:
2) Seat covers - 5 years ago when my family bought the Micra we were told that one should wait for the seats to set in before going for seat covers. NEXA one's range from Rs. 8000 to 12000 for PU leather and Rs. 25000 for original leather. On Micra seats, after the 4th year I started to feel sweat under the thighs after even shorter drives. PU leather ones or real leather?
I found Art leather seat covers available from Rs. 5000 whereas NEXA ones start at 8500. I myself will go for aftermarket option.

As for the choice between real leather and art leather, it totally depends upon the budget. If you are willing to spend over 20-25 K you can get some good leather upholstery done for the Baleno.

Quote:
3) 3M coating which members here swear about . Please guide me (share link) to the thread on this website.
If you want the 3M coating done, get it from the authorised 3M car care unit and not from the showroom.

Quote:
5) Please guide me to the thread on the run-in period. All that I know is one must not go above 2500 rpm during the first thousand kms.
(I need to know that urgently as my manager has asked me to take my car for our official visit to Jaipur next week )
Go through the user manual. There will be a section at the start for run-in.
Here is the link - ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car

Quote:

Very Agonising..
The waiting periods will continue until the production capacity is increased.
I remember at the launch in Mumbai the officials upon inquiring about the capacity, had said that we are ready to deliver as many Baleno units the market requires. May be they did not imagine the response to be so high.

Currently one of the showrooms in Mumbai has given a waiting period of atleast 20 weeks for any variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Congratulations!
What I understand now is, these 'NEXA' mats aren't standard or uniform across dealers. I got something called 'Transparent' mats, just took it as temporary mats.
There are 4 different types of mats sold by Nexa.
  1. Transparent Rubber mats
  2. Black Rubber Mats
  3. Carpet Mats
  4. 3d Carpet Mats
SRK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 11:17   #486
BHPian

There are reports which states that Baleno is the most searched car online

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzu...-report-664690

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...le-013618.html

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 28th January 2016 at 11:18.
Old 28th January 2016, 14:15   #487

I'm getting impatient following no response from the RM for my November 14th booking. I was informed of 8 weeks waiting but nothing till now.

Has anyone booked the Baleno Alpha at Nexa Popular Vehicles & Services showroom at Palarivattom, Kochi in November and got the delivery so far? if yes, what color and make?

Did anyone manage to find out the waiting list queue number there and any information on dates?
Old 28th January 2016, 17:38   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Look on the bright side; by then the boosterjet might have come out That's sure to be a hoot to drive and well worth the wait
There's that, of course.
But the boosterjet engine will cost substantially more, as per the report of the gentleman who first spotted it.
But the real issue is that presently I have no car.
I can't drive my 15 years+ Esteem in Delhi anymore due to the NGT orders, even though its in a tip top condition & was hoping for the delivery of the Baleno by mid Feb as indicated by the RM at the time of booking.
Old 28th January 2016, 19:23   #489
BHPian

Quote:
If you are okay to compromise the aesthetic appeal of the cabin go for 3M Nomad mats. I believe they are proven to be the best functional mats.
+1 to that. Since there was a delay in maruti accessories when I took delivery of my Baleno in Nov, I went for 3M Nomad mats. Completely satisfied with its usefulness, however some may not like the looks.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 02:40   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! that's something I was totally unaware of! engineering and calibration for psychological satisfaction
The article was published in 2010, are we sure this still in practice today?...
From what I noticed, the needles stay strong till the half-tank mark and then start dropping suddenly. So, it's definitely not linear! The only way we get accurate FE details are by doing a tankful to tankful method.
Old 29th January 2016, 07:33   #491
BHPian

Quote:
There's that, of course.
But the boosterjet engine will cost substantially more, as per the report of the gentleman who first spotted it.
But the real issue is that presently I have no car.
I can't drive my 15 years+ Esteem in Delhi anymore due to the NGT orders, even though its in a tip top condition & was hoping for the delivery of the Baleno by mid Feb as indicated by the RM at the time of booking.
I had booked a Baleno Alpha Petrol in late November 2015, was promised delivery end of January and yet there no word from Nexa on the delivery. I too drive a A Esteem 1996 make. I hoped a Baleno would be a good buy, but with the waiting period ,its killing. Lost total interest in it. Booked a Ciaz Zxi + in December for about 2.25 lakhs more than the Baleno Alpha petrol. The simple equation was a much bigger car for a couple of Lakhs more today which eventually I would have upgraded to in a few years. Other point being after driving a car with a boot ,one requires a boot. Was waiting to see which comes first. Now will be taking delivery of the 2016 Ciaz in the first week of February and cancelling the Baleno booking. I am totally disappointed with the Nexa experience, the original Maruti showrooms provide a much better experience.
My sincere advice move from the Esteem to a Ciaz.
rdhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:53   #492
BHPian

Got a call from Nexa asking me to make the payment today. Dealer is saying that my car is in transit and will be delivered in the next 10 days.

Shouldn't i wait to make the payment till i do a PDI of the car? Also, i asked him to share the VIN of the car but he said that he doesn't have it and will share the Engine & Chasis No. of the car by evening! Am i missing something here? Can't i get to know the VIN of car when it is in transit ?
Old 29th January 2016, 12:17   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Shouldn't i wait to make the payment till i do a PDI of the car? Also, i asked him to share the VIN of the car but he said that he doesn't have it and will share the Engine & Chasis No. of the car by evening! Am i missing something here? Can't i get to know the VIN of car when it is in transit ?
If you are not taking any loan on the car, you can make a part payment and the remaining after doing the PDI. That's what I had done. Chase him to give you the VIN number today evening. Whenever the car is allocated to the showroom, they would get to know the VIN numbers as well.

All the best!
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:38   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Whenever the car is allocated to the showroom, they would get to know the VIN numbers as well.
That is exactly what even i had thought. But my SA is saying that he only has the Engine No. & Chasis No. Don't know why he is not keen to share the VIN. Should i proceed with the part payment basis the Engine No. & Chasis No.?

Btw, where can find the VIN physically stamped/written in the Baleno?
Old 29th January 2016, 13:06   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
That is exactly what even i had thought. But my SA is saying that he only has the Engine No. & Chasis No. Don't know why he is not keen to share the VIN. Should i proceed with the part payment basis the Engine No. & Chasis No.?

Btw, where can find the VIN physically stamped/written in the Baleno?
As far as I understand, VIN number and Chassis number are one and the same. It is stamped in the engine bay and also behind the drivers door. The SA giving you the Chassis number would be the same as the VIN number. You can make a part payment to the showroom after you have the details. NEVER pay the full amount without doing the PDI. Leave out atleast the road tax and the insurance to be paid after the PDI. Without the road tax being paid, the car cannot be registered at the RTO. In my case (and I hope its generally the same everywhere), the SA happily obliged and I paid some amount after the PDI was done.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks