Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 21:46   #526
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Yeah, me

Booked on Nov 14th. Was promised on Dec end, then Jan end and then Feb end. At this point, I cancelled and booked a Zest during Jan last week and took delivery today.

Congratulations on your new car. Please let us know how your thoughts about the car are.
That's the way it should be. Dealers should not have the upper hand. You are paying for it, you should have the upper hand. It's a buyer's market here right now. Good job.

Last edited by pamiboy : 5th February 2016 at 21:48.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:09   #527
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

My Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 arrives at home.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-12654216_10153414716353811_4819607758856531168_n.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-12642906_10153414511753811_5394008259564732348_n.jpg

Got the delivery today. The car was with the dealer since a week but delivery was delayed due to tax and registration formalities.

Had booked on Nov 1 2015 (receipt says it was on 3rd Nov). Since I had insisted on a 2016 made model I had to wait for almost 3 months. Was allocated a 2015 model which I declined.

Nexa Experience was not much to talk about. I did have some not so good moments with the dealership but in the end got the car. They really have to work more upon the so called premium experience.

Some points about the car after a short drive:
  • Tyre pressure was over 40 in all 4 tyres, got it at 29 after a refill. 37 litres of petrol went in (but the Baleno is said to have a tank capacity of 37 litres)
  • Engine is super silent. I did have to check whether it is running by glancing at the tachometer.
  • Loads of space
  • The car is wide, I will take some time to get used to it. I had to get down a few times to check the gap while parking it.
  • Smartplay system is nice. I will have to go through the manual as there are quite a few things I feel one has to know about it for proper use.
  • Navigation worked quite nicely but showed routes that were congested and full of traffic, I think there are some settings for this to work properly.
  • While on a steep incline and 5 on board I had to downshift to 1st to climb, shifting to 2nd made the car struggle too much (my Ikon 1.6 could do it easily in 2nd, miss that power)

Last edited by SRK : 5th February 2016 at 23:35.
SRK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 23:14   #528
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Shoeb !!

Any plans of applying your rendering skills on it ?
Old 6th February 2016, 10:22   #529
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congratulations Shoeb !!

Any plans of applying your rendering skills on it ?
Thanks!

No nothing planned. Atleast not at this moment
Will run her stock.
Old 6th February 2016, 22:05   #530
BHPian

Congratulations SRK!!! White does look good. Has a good metallic texture.

I got a call from my Nexa dealer in Bangalore today telling me that the car was on the way and I should expect delivery in a week.

I need one clarification from fellow bhpians. The RM says that I cannot opt for insurance from outside as the loan had been approved considering the on road price including insurance. Any idea about this? I'm not keen on talking insurance from dealer as I can get it from outside for less
Old 7th February 2016, 01:36   #531
BHPian

A question to owners of the Baleno Zeta variant. Does the BT feature of the head unit allow for phone calls or is it just for music streaming ? I've checked the brochure and the website but there doesn't seem to be any info about the phone calls. Also, is there a list of compatible phones in the owner's manual ? If there is, how is the call quality ?

Last edited by tjacob : 7th February 2016 at 01:38.
Old 7th February 2016, 02:07   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
A question to owners of the Baleno Zeta variant. Does the BT feature of the head unit allow for phone calls or is it just for music streaming ? I've checked the brochure and the website but there doesn't seem to be any info about the phone calls. Also, is there a list of compatible phones in the owner's manual ? If there is, how is the call quality ?
It works with phone calls. It will work with any phone as long as it can be connected via Bluetooth.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 03:10   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
It works with phone calls. It will work with any phone as long as it can be connected via Bluetooth.

Thanks man. Just googled around and got the same info from the Baleno manual.(pg.no:233)

Note: If those trying to view the.pdf file are having problems with partially loaded blurry images then the download the file onto your PC first and then view it using a pdf reader.

Last edited by tjacob : 7th February 2016 at 03:16.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:26   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

I had bought Baleno Zeta Petrol 3 months back. I have driven 2500 kms. I am enjoying the drive and fuel efficiency is excellent with average of 18.5 to 19.5 kmpl. I am posting few pics which I had captured on the first day of ownership of My New Beauty!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454824248982.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454785964526.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454824270897.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454785954341.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454824242076.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454824255203.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1454824263918.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1451570453003.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 18:49   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Swapping the XUV500 with him for the weekend so will get to know the car better and hopefully will be able to give you guys a better sense of the CVT, given that the review is sparse on details of this particular variant
Hi Dipeesh

Congrats on the new Baleno.
Looking forward to your feedback on the Baleno CVT. I am particularly interested in knowing about in city driving experience and the F.E. one can expect. Would be thankful if you could throw some light on it.
Regards

Dream Catch
Old 8th February 2016, 00:07   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hi guys, is there anyone who has booked the car in bangalore kalyani Nexa at J.P nagar? I have been waiting since November and my RM seems reluctant about the delivery schedule or giving me updates! I have contacted her for quite a few times and she is not in a state to confirm or deny the amount of days it might take! It's getting on my nerves now. The RM is more so trained to say 'The company has not dispatched a lot and it will take a while... No idea sir!' I was committed Feb mid for my delivery and now it seems like there is no possibility of that. As, the dispatch takes good 2 weeks to get to bangalore! Any directions for me? To make sure I get ,y delivery on track as per the commitment?
I have booked Baleno Delta Diesel in 1st week of December at Nexa J.P.Nagar and the Sales Manager has promised that the car will be allocated within the month of February. I had sent at mail to Kalyani e-id: sm.nexa@kalyanimotors.com and they had replied me back within 4-5 days. I suggest you to email your concerns to this mail id, they might clarify things for you.
Old 8th February 2016, 01:22   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Catch View Post
Hi Dipeesh

Congrats on the new Baleno.
Looking forward to your feedback on the Baleno CVT. I am particularly interested in knowing about in city driving experience and the F.E. one can expect. Would be thankful if you could throw some light on it.
Regards

Dream Catch
Hey Dream Catch.
The Baleno has been finally crossed the 1,000 km mark (my dad doesn't drive much) and also had its first service.

With the engine sort of broken in, I've been pushing her a bit. She's rock stable at highway speeds and I quite like the CVT gearbox. She's peppy and overtaking is a breeze (once you keep in mind the lag).

While the old i10 auto seems a tad more peppy, the Baleno is no sloe poke.

The ride quality is unreal (better than the xuv). She glides over potholes and you barely feel anything. Cabin noise is quiet and the engine is so quiet at idle you need to look at the tacho to know she's on. Yet, when you floor it, you get a sporty growl which I quite enjoy.

The fuel efficiency I've been getting is about 12 kmpl with sprited driving and bumper to bumper traffic. Given the i10s 8-9 average in similar conditions, I think it's pretty good, although our Swift gives about 13 with a manual.

As for other things,

The Bluetooth quality is miles better than my xuv. The other person doesn't know that I'm talking on the Bluetooth. Everything works fine. The audio system is a bit bass heavy and there's cracking at high volumes.

The drivers seat is comfy and my friends say the legroom at the back is excellent. I haven't yet had a chance to sit in the back and go for a drive.

The Baleno is wide, and so you need to be careful manoeuvring in traffic. It just about fits in our garage and is longer than the Swift.

I've been out of town and haven't been able to drive much (the bonnie is with a friend coz I haven't ridden her in a month). Will try to get some more driving in over the week (it's hard to convince my dad to take the xuv and give me the Baleno but I'll try in the interest of readers here )
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 03:04   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
My Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 arrives at home.
Got the delivery today. The car was with the dealer since a week but delivery was delayed due to tax and registration formalities...
Finally!! Congrats and wish you lots of smiles with the car. Could you let me know what's the OTR and also, the tax rate for individual registration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
...I need one clarification from fellow bhpians. The RM says that I cannot opt for insurance from outside as the loan had been approved considering the on road price including insurance. Any idea about this? I'm not keen on talking insurance from dealer as I can get it from outside for less
A bit too late for this discussion, isn't it? Has the amount been disbursed to the dealer already? Plus, I believe the loan is on the ex showroom price; why is insurance amount included?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th February 2016 at 03:05.
Old 8th February 2016, 08:03   #539
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Congratulations SRK!!! White does look good. Has a good metallic texture.
Thanks! Yes the paint has a metallic effect to it and is not a plain white like on the Ciaz/Ertiga. This is same as that on the Swift and Dzire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Finally!! Congrats and wish you lots of smiles with the car. Could you let me know what's the OTR and also, the tax rate for individual registration?
Thanks!

OTR price is around 8.4, this includes Extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year and Zero Dep. Insurance from Maruti.
As for tax (MH 02) I think it was just under 69K for individual reg. (don't have the exact figure currently)
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:27   #540
BHPian

Not sure if this has been published earlier, so adding this here.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200170_1.html

Baleno loses out to the Elite i20 in January. What is quite surprising is the numbers of the Baleno which stood at 7698. I was expecting them to sustain the 10k mark considering that the waiting period has been running well beyond 6 months now. I believe the exports have already started as well which could be a reason for the lower count.
farooq817 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks