Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 18:41   #541

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Hey Dream Catch.
Will try to get some more driving in over the week (it's hard to convince my dad to take the xuv and give me the Baleno but I'll try in the interest of readers here )

Thanks for the detailed information. It was quite helpful. Good to know that you and your father are enjoying the car.

I have recently purchased a Ciaz VXI+ (a family car) and my other car (2003 Esteem Lxi) - my go to office car - too is due for replacement soon. I am looking at different automatics as it would be generally used for city run in the infamous Delhi traffic.

I am very pleased with the Ciaz and find many things in common with your description of the Baleno (space inside the car, silky smooth engine with no noise).
But I am a bit disappointed with the F.E. that you have mentioned. Maruti claims the same ARAI figures for its Baleno CVT as it does for the manual Baleno, which, if I remember correctly, is around 21 km/l, so I was expecting at least 15-17 km/L.
Ciaz has exceeded my expectation on this count. It has done about 1324 kms as of today (I got the delivery on 20th December 2015). The first service was done around 830 kms and its MID is showing an average of 18.4 km/l till date (all city driving) and the F.E. is continuously climbing.

Thanks once again. Please do keep us updated of your experience.

Last edited by Dream Catch : 8th February 2016 at 18:49. Reason: typos
Old 9th February 2016, 10:38   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Catch View Post

Thanks for the detailed information. It was quite helpful. Good to know that you and your father are enjoying the car.
My car is giving 16.6 km\L (city+highway). Safe to say, being a CVT, I'm more than happy with those figures.
Drive quality is very satisfying, much like a Swift.
Old 9th February 2016, 10:55   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post

What is quite surprising is the numbers of the Baleno which stood at 7698-- I believe the exports have already started as well which could be a reason for the lower count.
Yes the first shipment of Baleno's to Japan was 1800 units. In coming months it could stabilize at ~8000 units until the production is ramped up.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...japan/50887536

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th February 2016 at 10:58.
Old 9th February 2016, 10:56   #544
BHPian

Quote:

I have recently purchased a Ciaz VXI+ (a family car) and my other car (2003 Esteem Lxi) - my go to office car - too is due for replacement soon. I am looking at different automatics as it would be generally used for city run in the infamous Delhi traffic.

I am very pleased with the Ciaz and find many things in common with your description of the Baleno (space inside the car, silky smooth engine with no noise).
But I am a bit disappointed with the F.E. that you have mentioned. Maruti claims the same ARAI figures for its Baleno CVT as it does for the manual Baleno, which, if I remember correctly, is around 21 km/l, so I was expecting at least 15-17 km/L.
Ciaz has exceeded my expectation on this count. It has done about 1324 kms as of today (I got the delivery on 20th December 2015). The first service was done around 830 kms and its MID is showing an average of 18.4 km/l till date (all city driving) and the F.E. is continuously climbing.

Congratulations on the new Ciaz!! I have just taken delivery of a Petrol Ciaz. You have given me good news on the FE 18.4Km/lt excellent! !
Sadly I had to cancel my Baleno booking done in November 15 with no hope in hell of getting delivery soon with the waiting period ,incidentally was promised 2 months but no chance before Fed end or March. Incidentally I too own a Esteem done @220000 Km!!
Old 9th February 2016, 16:06   #545

Thanks Dr.Q.

Congratulations on your new car and good to know you are happy and satisfied with the the car and its F.E. May be I was expecting too much given the fact that Maruti claimed that the FE of CVT and Manual would be the same. Don't get me wrong, 16.6 is good but when I see Ciaz with K14 engine giving a 18+ FE I was hoping to see Baleno with K12 better that.
But I guess that the convenience of CVT and smoothness of K series engines are big enough pluses to triumph over little slippage on the FE front.

Thanks rdhan

Congratulations to you too!! Interestingly, the first car I went to inquire after was the Baleno, but the long waiting period put me off. I looked at other cars out side the Maruti stable too, to cut the long story short, I finally fell for the Ciaz and I am very happy with it. I do feel that unless one is looking for an automatic or for some reason does not want a bigger car (lack of parking space etc), given that Baleno currently has no discounts and with discounts the price difference between the two cars narrows down quite a bit, Ciaz makes much better sense.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2016 at 17:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add more contents. Thanks!
Dream Catch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 19:03   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Yeah, me
Booked on Nov 14th. Was promised on Dec end, then Jan end and then Feb end. At this point, I cancelled and booked a Zest during Jan last week and took delivery today.
Well, firstly congrats on your new car! It indeed is a good car. But few of us find it hard to take a leap of faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Gowda View Post
I have booked Baleno Delta Diesel in 1st week of December at Nexa J.P.Nagar and the Sales Manager has promised that the car will be allocated within the month of February. I had sent at mail to Kalyani e-id: sm.nexa@kalyanimotors.com and they had replied me back within 4-5 days. I suggest you to email your concerns to this mail id, they might clarify things for you.
Thank you for the information! I just dropped a mail, hope they get back and in recent conversations looks like I will not be getting my car anytime soon!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 13:25   #547
BHPian

Bangalore - Baleno availability Update ( Baleno Ray Blue ZETA Version )
  • We booked our car in December and were promised the car in 2 months time.
  • The Latest update i heard is that 76 Ray blue Zeta booked in Bangalore as on date .
  • They have completed allotting cars till Oct 15
  • Which means for us is a long wait with no clear clarity on when we get our car
  • We even opted for other colors with no success ( Red and ash )
  • The info flow from Nexa is not great.
  • We are following with them rather then they keeping us updated .
  • The situation is very frustrating as we lost all other car deals in December ( i20 active , i20 , S Cross discounted sales )

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Not sure if this has been published earlier, so adding this here.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200170_1.html

Baleno loses out to the Elite i20 in January. What is quite surprising is the numbers of the Baleno which stood at 7698. I was expecting them to sustain the 10k mark considering that the waiting period has been running well beyond 6 months now. I believe the exports have already started as well which could be a reason for the lower count.

A source from Maruthi is saying that most of the numbers coming out of India is going for Export market .

This is also confirmed in the upcoming threads that export numbers have caught up and might reach 8K

With so much of export oriented focus for a car which is a major hit in india and we not getting deliveries in time is a bit disappointing .

Else this car will take over i20 numbers for coming months with more then 70K booking till date .

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th February 2016 at 14:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 10th February 2016, 15:06   #548
BHPian

Quote:
...... given that Baleno currently has no discounts and with discounts the price difference between the two cars narrows down quite a bit, Ciaz makes much better sense.
I too am stuck with a long wait for the Baleno in Delhi.
May I ask the final ex showroom price that you negotiated for the Ciaz VX+?
TIA
Old 10th February 2016, 15:40   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Bangalore - Baleno availability Update ( Baleno Ray Blue ZETA Version )
  • We booked our car in December and were promised the car in 2 months time.
This is sheer lie from Nexa. When I booked my petrol Zeta Baleno - silver on 8th November, I was also told 2 months. But will finally get the car next week. Which would be more than 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
  • The info flow from Nexa is not great.
  • We are following with them rather then they keeping us updated .
Completely agree there. I have never got a call from them stating a delivery timeline/forecast.
Old 10th February 2016, 17:30   #550
t18
BHPian

I had booked on 11 December with a waiting period of 12 weeks. Now I received this letter from Nexa informing 24 week waiting period.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-untitled.png
Old 10th February 2016, 18:50   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
I too am stuck with a long wait for the Baleno in Delhi.
May I ask the final ex showroom price that you negotiated for the Ciaz VX+?
TIA

Hi Kamal,

In my experience the ex showroom price is the same all across the dealers. in December 2015 it was around rupees 788505.
After taxes+insurance etc. too I got almost identical quote of around 8.85 L for VXI+ from ALL dealers in Delhi.
However, in December, Maruti was offering, 20k cash discount (and 25K exchange bonus), and as I was selling my old car, the price came down to 8.40L . This offer too was standard across all dealers in Delhi.

The final price, of course, as you might already know, depends on the deal you can negotiate for the old car and that is where the actual negotiation takes place.

I might add that, (again depending upon your negotiation skills), you will be able to get many MGA products added to the deal (I was offered mats, mudflaps, steering cover, idol, perfume, number plate frame, glass etching, tyre etching, micro-fibre cloth etc)

Hope that helps

Regards

Dream Catch

Last edited by Dream Catch : 10th February 2016 at 19:06. Reason: added information and corrected typos
Dream Catch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:59   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
My car is giving 16.6 km\L (city+highway). Safe to say, being a CVT, I'm more than happy with those figures.
Drive quality is very satisfying, much like a Swift.
Hi. I am planning to get the Baleno CVT and have a few questions about the car. How is the performance on highways ? Like whats the rpm the car cruises on when its doing 120 kmph ? Is it planted enough on the roads at those speeds as its even lighter then swift ? is overtaking easy and CVT responsive enough ?
blood_velocity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:06   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi. I am planning to get the Baleno CVT and have a few questions about the car. How is the performance on highways ? Like whats the rpm the car cruises on when its doing 120 kmph ? Is it planted enough on the roads at those speeds as its even lighter then swift ? is overtaking easy and CVT responsive enough ?
I've made two trips lately, the first to Lavassa and the second to Sulafest, for both the drive was very comfortable. Both trips provided a variety of terrain. The ride was planted and the steering\handling very assuring.The CVT is 950kgs (it's heavier....i think?). I was getting 17+ on the highway.

I was too busy enjoying the ride so didn't notice the rpm when doing 120kmph. Will keep an eye out next time.

I found overtaking very easy and didn't feel underpowered but more than that what impressed me was the braking of the car.
Old 12th February 2016, 01:10   #554
BHPian

Wow, thats a really long wait. I went to the Nexa showroom at the Elante Mall in Chandigarh yesterday, and was told the waiting time for the Petrol Delta is 6 months, or 26 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I had booked on 11 December with a waiting period of 12 weeks. Now I received this letter from Nexa informing 24 week waiting period.

Attachment 1474680
Old 12th February 2016, 01:12   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
Wow, thats a really long wait. I went to the Nexa showroom at the Elante Mall in Chandigarh yesterday, and was told the waiting time for the Petrol Delta is 6 months, or 26 weeks!
I've been told 7 months for the petrol AT by Bagga Auto (opposite Defence Colony, Delhi)

Last edited by C'estlavie : 12th February 2016 at 01:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks