Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 23:40   #661
BHPian

The Nexa Dealers in Vadodara are literally egging me to buy the Zeta Petrol variant instead of the Delta Petrol.
Had booked a Granite Grey Petrol Delta on 18th december and was promised a mid-March delivery.

Now they say that the earliest they can deliver the Delta is in June but the Zeta was available if I want.

Does this mean that the Zeta has a lower market demand ?
Cause honestly, everything that is essential is provided in the Detla variant.
Old 13th March 2016, 08:21   #662

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I think the Delta variant is the most VFM. You will also avoid getting the horrendous looking ( in my view atleast) alloys coupled with the Zeta. I say wait it out, get a Delta and add your own accessories and mods.
Old 13th March 2016, 08:34   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGFARahul View Post
I think the Delta variant is the most VFM. You will also avoid getting the horrendous looking ( in my view atleast) alloys coupled with the Zeta. I say wait it out, get a Delta and add your own accessories and mods.
Zeta gets push button start, fog lamps, TFT MID, bigger tyres(16 inch), Automatic headlights and IRVM, telescopic steering etc and is 70k more than delta. You can exchange the alloys with good after market ones for around 25k
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 11:47   #664
BHPian

Any idea when will Maruti introduce the Android Auto in Baleno ?
Some sources say 2016 but I'm guessing they'll not do it before the face-lift.
Old 13th March 2016, 17:11   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Any idea when will Maruti introduce the Android Auto in Baleno ?
Some sources say 2016 but I'm guessing they'll not do it before the face-lift.
Face-lift for Baleno will take at least 3 years. I think Maruti will come up with Android update much before it.
Old 13th March 2016, 21:02   #666

I visited a Maruti showroom today and I asked the sales person about Baleno bookings and he told me that it is very good. Then I casually told him that Baleno is going to impact sales of Swift anf Swift DZire. To this without realising he instantly replied to me with a laugh that Swift will never die, it is still going strong in sales and that there are many Baleno customers who are coming back complaining that their Baleno starts wobbling when driven at 100kmph and the wobbling is due to its light weight ... very very light

Now this is scary, who will not drive at 100kmph on roads like NH4 or Mumbai-Pune express way.
Old 13th March 2016, 22:51   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASNAGOUDA View Post
I visited a Maruti showroom today and I asked the sales...

Now this is scary, who will not drive at 100kmph on roads like NH4 or Mumbai-Pune express way.
First thing, never believe the RM's. Well, most of your problems will be sorted there! Don't fall for any of talks that the people put in NEXA in the shiny coats give out. They are more pathetic than you can think of, I would have them fired if it were for me. All the things I'm stating here are from my personal experiences. I have had situations like, sir do you want to know the features? You look like an enthusiast, you would have googled em up?? To situations like Situation 1, where my RM told don't buy the blue sir it will fade away in a year or 2 max! Situation 2 : Nexa was out of flyouts and I wanted to check all the versions RM points out to the sigma and says look it's delta (Any one can tell the chrome grill and the missing wheel caps are missing). Situation 3 : Sir you should buy the zeta the alpha is excessively priced, the projector headlamps are just for show and touchscreen system, well we can use the phone to navigate or play songs via bluetooth even on zeta. These are just few things which I have gone under at NEXA. I have had horrible experiences out there! My advice to you would be DEMAND a longer TD to check the ride quality and buy only, if and only if you think it's worth the mullah.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 22:56   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I visited a Maruti showroom today and I asked the sales person about Baleno bookings and he told me that it is very good. Then I casually told him that Baleno is going to impact sales of Swift anf Swift DZire. To this without realising he instantly replied to me with a laugh that Swift will never die, it is still going strong in sales and that there are many Baleno customers who are coming back complaining that their Baleno starts wobbling when driven at 100kmph and the wobbling is due to its light weight ... very very light

I own baleno petrol zeta variant. I can confirm to you that there is no wobbling or anything at high speeds. High speed stability is really good for such a light weight car. It is better than elite i20. Baleno is a better package and VFM compared to swift. Swift has only one advantage, that is sharp handling.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 23:43   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I own baleno petrol zeta variant. I can confirm to you that there is no wobbling or anything at high speeds. High speed stability is really good for such a light weight car. It is better than elite i20. Baleno is a better package and VFM compared to swift. Swift has only one advantage, that is sharp handling.
Cheers!
Thank you for the first hand information .
Much relieved on reading your reply.
ASNAGOUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 23:49   #670
BHPian

Quote:

My petrol Alpha Baleno is now closing in on 4000 kms, and I have had several highway drives at 110+speeds. No wobbling whatsoever so far. Please do take a longish TD before deciding.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 00:36   #671
BHPian

Hi all,
went to nexa elante mall, chandigarh today. There were two s-cross which had zero people around them.
there was one blue baleno with a swarm of around 10-12 people around it. Just one female sales person in grey coat giving out pricelists and hardly knew much about the features of the different models. Told waiting for petrol models is 6-7 months and diesel models is 8-9 months!!
4-5 sales persons were sitting on a sofa at the side having their own conversation and least othered about the customers in the showroom!!
Dont know what kind of a 'premium' experience this is supposed to be from maruti.
I guess the salespersons realised that they wont be able to sell S_cross no matter what they do, and baleno will sell like hot cakes even if they are least interested in selling them. So they wised up and didnt bother with attending to customers.

That rant aside, wow! i would have waited a reasonable amount of time but 6-7 months is too much! Maruti have a real winner and lots of fans that do wait patiently for their products.
Old 14th March 2016, 07:36   #672
BHPian

Quote:

My dad owns a Baleno and I've driven it extensively on the highway. It doesn't wobble until 140 kmph. It's rock stable till there. [mods: took it to that speed to test the limits. Don't mean to promote high speeds].

For 100 kmph driving, the Baleno is absolutely perfect. The salesman is just trying to hard sell the Swift. FYI, we also have a Swift at home and I agree on the handling and the fact that at higher speeds, it's superior. But for 100 kmph, Baleno is good enough.
Old 14th March 2016, 07:37   #673
BHPian

The Nexa experience was no different in Bangalore. I noticed at least four of grey suits casually huddled around a tablet playing games probably. I tried to get their attention from a polite distance. Then gave up and went about exploring one of the Balenos on display. Then at some point one of the busy grey suits saw that I was having too much fun... Waltzed over to tell me I should not fiddle with switches in the display car. Told him I can come back another day if the sales personnel was very busy today. At which point there was a buzz around that tablet and the party dispersed.
..... Not a great experience - this Nexa experience.
Old 14th March 2016, 10:17   #674
BHPian

Was driving my Baleno Zeta Petrol from Ghatkopar to Marine Drive (in Mumbai) yesterday through the Eastern Freeway. Had reset the FE indicator at the Ghatkopar signal. Captured an FE of 24.4 at the end of the Freeway near Fort . Pic attached.

I understand that the FE is not necessarily accurate for a trip of 21 kms, that too on a Freeway. However, I wonder, if I kept driving to and fro on the Freeway, would I keep getting similar FE. If that is the case, this could be an incredible FE for a petrol car for a smooth highway drive.

PS. I was driving at a constant speed of 80 kmph on the Freeway.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-meter.jpg  

anuraglakhotia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 12:10   #675
BHPian

Hi guys, I am also thinking of a Baleno Petrol Alpha, planning to book in a week or two.
Just wanted to know if anyone knows the current waiting period for Baleno in Pune?
My entire decision is based on the waiting period. If it is exorbitant to the order of 4+ months, I'm going for the Jazz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks