Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 11:22   #691
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Hi

I did PDI of baleno cvt today. Expecting delivery next week. Have a question on decoding year of manufacture from chassis number. The 10th char of chassis number is "G" and 11th is "B". I assumed g=2016 and b= Feb. Hence I am supposedly getting a Feb 16 car. Is this assumption right? Existing baleno owners please confirm.
I suppose so. Seems like MSIL has changed the norm of VIN with Baleno. Even my Balneo has GB and its a Feb 2016 manufactured model.
Old 21st March 2016, 13:01   #692
BHPian

Hi

My Delta Petrol just arrived.

I'm 6ft tall and unfortunately the IRVM is significantly interrupting with my visibility.
( the lack of driver seat height adjustability doesn't help either )

Do you think I could remove the IVRM completely and get a aftermarket smaller one attached a bit higher ?

Last edited by saravcshah : 21st March 2016 at 13:02.
Old 21st March 2016, 14:33   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
I suppose so. Seems like MSIL has changed the norm of VIN with Baleno. Even my Balneo has GB and its a Feb 2016 manufactured model.
Thanks for the confirmation
Old 21st March 2016, 14:38   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove a new Baleno 1.2 Delta Variant of one of my colleagues.
It was the fist time I drove the Petrol version.
I drove this just before driving a new Figo Aspire 1.2 of another colleague.
This is a post-appraisal and pre-budget season

My Observations on the Baleno: (Both cars were driven only for 2 kms)
  • First impressions from the inside-Cabin is roomy and the black interiors is just to my tastes.
  • Instrument cluster was very good with lot of information. The gear indicator is a nice feature to have-especially for new drivers.
  • Seat was decent but could have been better
  • NVH levels were not very good inside the cabin.
  • The car felt peppy for that size of a car. Much of it might be because of the light weight.
  • AC struggled to cool the cabin quickly. Mind you, the car was parked for 4 hours at least in this blistering temperatures.
  • Pricing is very good IMO which makes it a very good VFM proposition
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:53   #695
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows what are the waiting periods going on for the Baleno in Pune? Have they come down now?
The monthly sales figures hardly show any improvement though, with Feb standing at 6.8k. How long can they keep saying - "Sir, at least 5-6 months" ? Quite frustrating actually. This car ticks almost all my requirements but I cannot fathom to wait for 6+ months for getting a car in today's buyers market.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 22nd March 2016 at 16:57.
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:15   #696
BHPian

Sorry if this is a repeat question

But does anyone have the list of the official Maruti Baleno Accessories with the pricing ?
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:52   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Anyone knows what are the waiting periods going on for the Baleno in Pune? Have they come down now?
The monthly sales figures hardly show any improvement though, with Feb standing at 6.8k. How long can they keep saying - "Sir, at least 5-6 months" ? Quite frustrating actually. This car ticks almost all my requirements but I cannot fathom to wait for 6+ months for getting a car in today's buyers market.
Seems very unlikely that the waiting periods are going to go down any time soon, what with the company focusing on exports and not to forget the full page ad put up by the company thanking customers for their patience
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:26   #698
BHPian

Hi all,

Booked a Baleno Delta Petrol Silver yesterday at chandigarh. Nexa said delivery period is 6-7 months as written on booking invoice.

However, RM said he is currently giving delivery for cars booked on 15th Dec and we should expect the car wthin 4 months! Was he saying this just to get our booking?

The two things i would miss from the zeta variant is the UV-Cut Glass and the height adjustable driver seat. Can these be retrofitted in the delta variant at showroom or at factory level ? i would'nt mind paying extra for these two things.
Would like to hear reviews of the UV cut glass in terms of reducing heat and acting like a sunfilm. Owners please share your experience.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:36   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Hi all,

Would like to hear reviews of the UV cut glass in terms of reducing heat and acting like a sunfilm. Owners please share your experience.
I have been driving a Zeta for 4 months now and I find the UV cut glass to be quite effective. Although, initially I thought this to be a marketing gimmick but I now find that the intensity of the sun rays is cut down significantly by the glass and one does not feel the heat while driving. This also helps the AC to cool the cabin very quickly. In fact, I had planned to get sun shades for the windows but haven't got one till date and I think I will not be needing them at all. All in all, a very good feature.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:14   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Was he saying this just to get our booking?
Most certainly. Its a very common sales tact. But I'm not discouraging you, he (RM) might be right.

Quote:
The two things i would miss from the zeta variant is the UV-Cut Glass and the height adjustable driver seat. Can these be retrofitted in the delta variant at showroom or at factory level ? i would'nt mind paying extra for these two things.
I was in the same confusion between Delta and Zeta. I finally bought a Zeta. Yes, the UV cut glass does a great job. But, you could go for 3M sun films, they are equally good or better. Regarding the seat change, it can be done. A fellow bhpian got it done on his Swift, though I have no idea of the cost involved.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:29   #701
BHPian

Hi

This is a technical query for the Baleno. I bought a Petrol variant on 25th Jan and the car has done 4800 kms till now.

Ever since I started driving it, I started noticing that while gearing up from any gear, when on a high speed (and intending to further speed up), the clutch pedal would not press smoothly, as if I pressed it at the wrong time.

After doing about 2500 km, every time I would push it or release it the clutch would make a creaking noise (non-smooth engagement of the clutch), more felt on the foot than heard . This does not happen when the car is started after a gap of over four hours. But within 3-4 kms of driving the car after the time gap, the creaking noise comes up and persists for every time i engage the clutch from thereon.

I drive the car in Gurgaon but I bought it from Chandigarh. Once on a trip to home, at around 3200 kms of the car done, I showed it to the service centre of the dealership I bought it from. After a thorough investigation, the senior manager there admitted that the car will have to be worked upon. He said that such type of noise comes in cars whose clutch plates start to give in but since my car is new he will have to check.
He said the clutch container needs to be cleaned up for dust, and why did the dust seep-in in the first place will be known only upon opening the gear-box.

The process would have taken 3-4 hours, a time which I did not have on that day as I had to return to Gurgaon. The manager told me that I can show the car on my next visit home and that driving the car without correcting the fault would have no impact on the problem.

On the following weekend, when I was in Gurgaon, I thought of showing the car to a local Maruti dealership. I went to one in Mayapuri who also said Gearbox down karna padega but he told me that I will have to leave the car with them for a day as opening the gearbox will be a time consuming process.
I did not want to leave the car with them hence I did not get the job done.

Day after tomorrow, I'll be in Chandigarh and I plan to take the car there (my 2nd service is also due) as I feel showing the car to the dealership i bought it from will be more prudent in case some serious trouble with the car is detected.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue? Or would anyone be able to comment on why this trouble has come up with the car?

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd March 2016 at 18:52. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:21   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hi

After doing about 2500 km, every time I would push it or release it the clutch would make a creaking noise (non-smooth engagement of the clutch), more felt on the foot than heard . This does not happen when the car is started after a gap of over four hours. But within 3-4 kms of driving the car after the time gap, the creaking noise comes up and persists for every time i engage the clutch from thereon.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue? Or would anyone be able to comment on why this trouble has come up with the car?
Hi,

I have driven about 1500kms so far and not experienced this type of problem. But, what I can tell you from my experience is that the clutch travel of Baleno is longer compared to some other cars. As a result, you have to press the clutch a little farther than you would expect. Try concentrating on this aspect while driving and see if that helps. You may need to push the seat a bit forward to check this properly.
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:47   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
I have been driving a Zeta for 4 months now and I find the UV cut glass to be quite effective. Although, initially I thought this to be a marketing gimmick but I now find that the intensity of the sun rays is cut down significantly by the glass and one does not feel the heat while driving. This also helps the AC to cool the cabin very quickly... All in all, a very good feature.
Thanks anurag, seemed like a marketing gimmick to me too, thats why i didnt even think of the zeta. If i had know it to be very effective, i might've thought seriously about it. Still 70K for the glasses and adjustable seat looks like a tall ask since im not interested in any of the remaining things.

Quote:

Yes, the UV cut glass does a great job. But, you could go for 3M sun films, they are equally good or better. Regarding the seat change, it can be done. A fellow bhpian got it done on his Swift, though I have no idea of the cost involved.
Thanks Horizon85, will search the forum to find the swift guy who changed his seat.
As far as i remember, sunfilms are banned. And the ban is trictly enforced here in chandigarh. I know since the sunfilm on my city were removed by cops on the road. The transparent rear glass film escaped at the time but met the same fate after about a month. So sunfilm is out unless there's been a reversing judgement now.

Will ask the RM about adding the UVcut glass and seat. Though he wasnt very knowledgeable about the features and all, i knew more about the differences between variants than he did and he didnt even have a brochure!! All he could manage on his tablet was different colors shades and some wallpapers! He didnt even have the price list, said they had run out of them, only gave a verbal figure of price! Some NEXA experience! But still people (including me) flock to them

By the way got an SMS of my booking from MD-MSIL thanking me for booking and giving a booking number. Is there a way to directly ask Maruti of my waitlist number and approx. time when car will be delivered or about the above customizations?
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:02   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have driven about 1500kms so far and not experienced this type of problem. But, what I can tell you from my experience is that the clutch travel of Baleno is longer compared to some other cars. As a result, you have to press the clutch a little farther than you would expect. Try concentrating on this aspect while driving and see if that helps. You may need to push the seat a bit forward to check this properly.
Hello.
The clutch travel of the Baleno maybe relatively longer but the creaking experience starts from the very beginning of the trajectory of the clutch pressing. Also, I consciously press the clutch to its full while changing gears.

One of the service engineers at the service centre suggested me to get rid of the floor mat as it may obstruct the path of the clutch. I use 3M Nomad mats. In the attached pic, please notice the encircled area - a patch formed on the area where the clutch hits the mat.

My major concern is that opening up of the gear box of a new car. Is it a good idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-wp_20160319_12_24_06_pro.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2016, 16:22   #705

Quote:
Can confidently state that being in Chennai and now that the heat is really pinching in. The UV Cut Glass has been able to prevent a major portion of the heat from coming into the cabin. This helps in keeping the indoors cooler and not does not require the aircon at full blast while driving. Actually am glad that I went ahead with this decision, though initially I cant deny the fact that it sounded more like gimmick given the fact that Maruthi was giving a feature which was mostly seen in Mercs.
arnath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks