Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 09:44   #796
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Accessories he has finalised

[*]Pioneer AVH-289BT[*]4 Pioneer speakers(not sure of the model numbers)[*]Autocop Reverse Camera[*]Autocop Remote Lock[*]Protective Side Mouldings(Black) from Nexa[*]Wheel Caps

Major features he gains vis a vis Delta
[*]Touchscreen HU[*]Better Sound quality[*]Reverse Camera[*]Grill which he feels looks better (personal opinion)
Could have been done one or two years down the line as well, if budget for ICE was a constraint after getting the delta variant!

Quote:
Major features he misses out vis a vis Delta
[*]Rear Wipers[*]Rear Defogger[*]Auto Climate Control[*]Steering mounted controls

Savings: 46.5k

None of these features can be added after market, and after living with a hatchback with all these features for a long time, I would have happily paid the amount for these. Automatic climate control adds so much to the comfort factor, while rear defogger and wiper can be life savers if you plan to take a long drive during the rains. No amount of dinchak from the ICE can compensate for these missing features.

I'm sorry but I feel it's not a knowledgeable decision. Anyways congrats to your relative on the new Baleno, and thanks to Maruti that the base variant has essential safety features.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th April 2016 at 09:46.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 09:48   #797
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:

Major features he misses out vis a vis Delta
  • Factory fit ICE
  • Rear Wipers
  • Rear Defogger
  • Auto Climate Control
  • Steering mounted controls
  • Dual tone interior
  • Reverse Power Windows-not used frequently in any case
You missed one feature mate- The Tachometer . Infact I would rate this feature above that of power windows.
I really appreciate the cars or the manufacturers who provide tachometer across the variants. The Tiago is one recent example.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 11:06   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
i find rusted suspension parts in my baleno, lower arm, rotors, tie-rod end looks rusted. MASS replied saying the part color is that way, any baleno owner encounters similar woes?
I asked the RM the same question during my first service, and the answer was that these are made of cast iron and there was no need to worry.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 16:02   #799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]Rear Wipers[*]Rear Defogger
These two 'features' will be missed dearly, esp. in cold & foggy North Indian winters.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:12   #800
BHPian

Hello

I've driven my Delta Petrol Baleno for nearly 600kms now.
The drive was mainly on highways.

I must say I'm really dissatisfied with the car.
The amount of vibrations I get on the acceleration pedal and steering wheel at 100kmph makes my limbs go numb !

I'm not sure if this is normal for Maruti cars, but if so, then this would be the last maruti I'd ever buy.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:21   #801
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Hello

The amount of vibrations I get on the acceleration pedal and steering wheel at 100kmph makes my limbs go numb ! .
Very surprising, owners care to chime in? Steering could be a wheel balancing issue, the pedals though, I'm clueless about those.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:22   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

The amount of vibrations I get on the acceleration pedal and steering wheel at 100kmph makes my limbs go numb !

I'm not sure if this is normal for Maruti cars, but if so, then this would be the last maruti I'd ever buy.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Baleno.

Vibrations on accelerator pedal / steering wheel is not at all normal to Maruti cars. It might be specific to your vehicle and hence report it to Service centre and get it rectified.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:58   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

Mate this isn't normal. Our Baleno has done 3k km now. There's absolutely no vibrations in the steering wheel or pedal. Please get it checked at the service Centre.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:43   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

This is surprising, I have done around 5500 kms on my Baleno Alpha Petrol, and have no such issues at high speeds so far. I have even tested 120+ a few times on empty stretches and the stability is very good with no vibrations.

Do get this checked at your ASS, seems to be a car specific issue.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:13   #805
BHPian

During my second service the Maruti Service centre offered a service package covering 3,4,5 services for Rs. 6600 odd (usually these three combined is upwards of Rs. 12k as per the SA). They say it covers normal service expenses including labour and consumables. Unless there are part changes due to wear and tear the 3,4,5 services would be free of charge is what they claim. Is this worth it ? Any Baleno owners opted for this ?
Old 26th April 2016, 10:28   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
During my second service the Maruti Service centre offered a service package covering 3,4,5 services for Rs. 6600 odd (usually these three combined is upwards of Rs. 12k as per the SA). They say it covers normal service expenses including labour and consumables. Unless there are part changes due to wear and tear the 3,4,5 services would be free of charge is what they claim. Is this worth it ? Any Baleno owners opted for this ?
It is called MCP (Maintenance Cost Protect). I had enquired the same for my baleno and I doubt there is substantial difference of 12k vs 6k. Difference was only 3-3.5k when I calculated MCP for 60k kms vs regular service.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 19:13   #807
BHPian

A small problem has surfaced on my Baleno. The windshield washer reservoir is leaking. I'm planning to get the leak fixed or the tank replaced. Just one question: Does warranty work in this case ?
Old 26th April 2016, 19:17   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
A small problem has surfaced on my Baleno. The windshield washer reservoir is leaking. I'm planning to get the leak fixed or the tank replaced. Just one question: Does warranty work in this case ?
It will be covered under warranty if it's due to manufacturing defect.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 19:35   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It will be covered under warranty if it's due to manufacturing defect.
Thanks man.

I called up 3 different service centers and none of them have the a new reservoir in stock. I kind of expected this to happen since its a car is new and all but anyone else who got part(s) replaced, how long was the waiting ?
Old 26th April 2016, 19:53   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Thanks man.

I called up 3 different service centers and none of them have the a new reservoir in stock. I kind of expected this to happen since its a car is new and all but anyone else who got part(s) replaced, how long was the waiting ?
In case the part isn't in stock, the dealer can always place an order for the same. Considering your location, I believe it will take 15-20 days maximum for the part to arrive.

They sometimes also arrange parts from nearby cities in case of an emergency. They can look into their database, and they can see the parts availability pan India. JFYI, Maruti has zones like East 1, East 2, East 3 and East 4, and the dealer can always check for parts availability in other cities.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks