Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 10:33   #916
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Hi all

Yesterday, a heavy hail storm poured in Gurgaon, with hails as big as ice cubes falling from the sky. I was in the car and was stuck in the open outside. The car had to endure the storm which lasted for 5-10 minutes. Inside the car, it felt like the sound of pebbles hitting a tin roof.
As a result, the strikes have left close to 20-25 big dimples on the roof and the bonnet combined. There have also been small marks left on the windscreen.

What can be done? Please suggest.
multiloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 10:56   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hi all

Yesterday, a heavy hail storm poured in Gurgaon, with hails as big as ice cubes falling from the sky. I was in the car and was stuck in the open outside. The car had to endure the storm which lasted for 5-10 minutes. Inside the car, it felt like the sound of pebbles hitting a tin roof.
As a result, the strikes have left close to 20-25 big dimples on the roof and the bonnet combined. There have also been small marks left on the windscreen.

Can you post pictures? It will help us understand the extent of damage. I am also in Gurgaon, at Sushant Lok and i saw a few Nanos and Altos go through the same problem of getting dents all over it.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 11:49   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Can you post pictures? It will help us understand the extent of damage. I am also in Gurgaon, at Sushant Lok and i saw a few Nanos and Altos go through the same problem of getting dents all over it.
Here are some of them -
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dimple-1.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dimple-2.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dimple-3.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dimple-4.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dimple-5.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dimple-6.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-scratch-1.jpg  

multiloop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 11:59   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hi all

This looks very concerning. Although, under such situations (read hail storms), the sharp sound of pebbles hitting a tin roof might be common with some other cars as well, but ending up with so many big dimples and marks on the windscreen will surely be of concern here. As also requested by Dieselritzer, some pictures would definitely help in better understanding this.
Old 26th May 2016, 12:19   #920
BHPian

Hi, i feel the dents are just too tiny to be repaired, i doubt if anything can be done about it without really opening up the interior of the car and using a hammer. They use some heating technique but then the car will have to be painted after that. For larger dents they use the vacuum suction to just pull out the metal in place, but these are too tiny for that. The hailstones were the size of small pebbles and I'm sure they fell with some decent velocity behind it. Any news of more cars getting such dents? I remember reading on our forum that Balenos sheet would get a dimple even if pressed hard by a finger. I remember we had a Matiz and even it had tin like metal sheets and a hard hitting cricket ball would give it a dimple.
Old 26th May 2016, 12:23   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, i feel the dents are just too tiny to be repaired, i doubt if anything can be done about it without really opening up the interior of the car and using a hammer....
.... I remember reading on our forum that Balenos sheet would get a dimple even if pressed hard by a finger. I remember we had a Matiz and even it had tin like metal sheets and a hard hitting cricket ball would give it a dimple.
But the no. of such dimples is very high which is spoiling the look of the car; highly evident in light.
Can I file a case for this with my insurance company?
I'm sure nothing can be done about the scratches on the windscreen.
Old 26th May 2016, 12:38   #922

@multiloop,

Check this out. Something on the same lines must be available locally.

cr_nath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:00   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr_nath View Post
@multiloop,

Check this out. Something on the same lines must be available locally.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4ehdU8MEDyk
Thanks. This seems to be the cure-all for my case. Only if I could find the equipment or someone who does this.

I'm speaking to my insurance company and will also take this to the nearest body shop.
Old 26th May 2016, 17:12   #924
Senior - BHPian

Got call from my RM, he wanted to sell Sai service extended warranty to me.
Standard extended warranty is 4 years 80k, sai service one is 4 years and 120K.

I refused, since i dont think i am a high mileage user and i will be stuck with Sai service only in that case.

I have asked them to fit below accesories.
Mudflaps
Door strips
Car cover
Under body coating from 3M

Wanted to buy floor mats since they were nice and thick but sadly only 4 piece , no mat for central tunnel section at rear.

No gear lock available as well with Nexa Lower parel.
Most accesories shown in official accessory youtube video could not be seen at showroom.

Last edited by silverado : 26th May 2016 at 17:13.
Old 26th May 2016, 22:17   #925
BHPian

Hey can someone pls tell me what are the standard accessories delivered by NEXA along with the Baleno.
Old 26th May 2016, 23:07   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Hey can someone pls tell me what are the standard accessories delivered by NEXA along with the Baleno.
The usual stuff like mud flaps, floor mats, perfume, cellphone charger, steering covers, etc. You'll get the ones you have paid or pay for in the accessories kit which all dealers sell and differs among dealers. Your dealer will mention all items in the price list as is common practice. Don't expect any freebies for cars that are in high demand like the Baleno.
Old 26th May 2016, 23:10   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
The usual stuff like mud flaps, floor mats, perfume, cellphone charger, steering covers, etc. You'll get the ones you have paid or pay for in the accessories kit which all dealers sell and differs among dealers. Your dealer will mention all items in the price list as is common practice. Don't expect any freebies for cars that are in high demand like the Baleno.

Yeah.. already bewn told about not getting any freebies. wanted to know if this is standard accessories or can vary dealer to dealer.. thanks tjacob
Old 27th May 2016, 01:44   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
No gear lock available as well with Nexa Lower parel.
Most accesories shown in official accessory Youtube video could not be seen at showroom.
I had to get a gear lock from AutoCop fitted from outside since the Nexa here had no idea when they would get it even tho it was listed as a Nexa accessory.
Cost Rs1200/ incl fitting.
Very essential as an additional security measure.
You could also look at the art leather seat covers offered by Nexa at Rs 6400/ odd; quite nice quality, good fitting.
Kamal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 02:51   #929
BHPian

I called my RM today and got to know he has quit. Nonetheless called his boss and asked for an update. This is what he had to say on what'sapp..
----
Dear sir ,
Good afternoon,
As on date you stand on 20th priority for your booked car Baleno Alpha petrol granite grey.
----
Not sure what this means. Can someone help ?
Old 27th May 2016, 03:24   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I called my RM today and got to know he has quit. Nonetheless called his boss and asked for an update. This is what he had to say on what'sapp..
----
Dear sir ,
Good afternoon,
As on date you stand on 20th priority for your booked car Baleno Alpha petrol granite grey.
----
Not sure what this means. Can someone help ?
I believe you are in the 20th position in the queue for Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks