Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 21:20   #721
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
Have done a Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar-Mumbai trip this weekend on my Baleno Petrol. Few of my observations on the basis of this 620 kms trip.

1. The FE returned a figure of 17.9 kmph. Mind it, this includes all the drive on the hills. I consider this a very good FE. Had done a full tank to full tank calculation and the FE on the MID is accurate to the decimal number. Superb job MS.
2. During the entire trip, I never felt that the car was facing problem pulling us (4 adult and a kid) uphill. The weight of the car could be a factor.
3. Another thing I noted was the rear end actually sags considerably even with 2 adults and a kid onboard.
Thanks for that update.
Question: With reference to your point "3." - Any indication you could give as to what the approximate clearance could be after the rear end sagged? Gut feel ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:09   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnath View Post
I have also been facing a similar predicament when driving the Baleno. I cant comment if it is the exact same issue though it sounds familiar. What I actually face is that while driving there is some sort of a major vibration / creaking sound between the brake and the clutch area. Its downright distracting at times bacause I have no clue why this happens. Its never consistently happening, so I will not be able to replicate the issue with the technician.
I have also faced similar issues while driving. When I am breaking from 4th or 5th gear as I approach a signal hear a creaking sound from the brake and not from the clutch. It happens inconsistently and cannot figure out the root cause. Not sure whether I need to report this issue with a technician at this point of time.
Old 30th March 2016, 15:21   #723
BHPian

The WORST car buying experience.

This is my 11th car in all and I already own a Hyundai i20, Skoda Octavia, Audi Q3 amd the Baleno being the 4th car.

The Showroom RM literally forced me to buy the Maruti Genuine Accessories, The Nexa Card and the Extended Warranty.

He told me they'll not deliver the car unless I buy all these from them.

This is a classic example og bullying as they know the car is in high demand.

Never ever am I buying a Maruti again.
saravcshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 17:00   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
The Showroom RM literally forced me to buy the Maruti Genuine Accessories, The Nexa Card and the Extended Warranty.He told me they'll not deliver the car unless I buy all these from them.This is a classic example og bullying
This is highly illegal and such conditions deserve a mention in the Dealership reviews thread. Such conditional deliveries are on par with the times when people had to pay a premium for quicker deliveries, only this time they are grabbing money through forced sale of genuine accessories and useless membership cards. Bullying it is indeed and the company must be informed of such unfair prioritization for vehicle deliveries. If I were you I'd have withdrawn the booking and booked from another showroom subject to them not resorting to same tactics as well.

Nothing will ever be a problem if consumers stand their ground and act like the kings they indeed are. I dont know how you held your tongue even after experiencing true luxury treatment from the likes of Audi.
Old 30th March 2016, 17:41   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
I did my booking on 15th march by cash and only got a receipt. No sms or email received yet regarding the booking from maruti.
RM is saying sms or email doesn't matter, u have the receipt means your booking is confirmed.

The receipt has order no. SOBxxxxxxxx (x=numerals).
Is it the order no. given by maruti or dealer?
I believe SOBxxx is given by maruthi. I got an SMS with this number from MD-MSILDL which I presume is Maruti
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 21:33   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
This is highly illegal and such conditions deserve a mention in the Dealership reviews thread. Such conditional deliveries are on par with the times when people had to pay a premium for quicker deliveries, only this time they are grabbing money through forced sale of genuine accessories and useless membership cards. Bullying it is indeed and the company must be informed of such unfair prioritization for vehicle deliveries. If I were you I'd have withdrawn the booking and booked from another showroom subject to them not resorting to same tactics as well.

Nothing will ever be a problem if consumers stand their ground and act like the kings they indeed are. I dont know how you held your tongue even after experiencing true luxury treatment from the likes of Audi.
I've called up the regional head Mr Gitar located in Ahmedabad.
He assured me that these items are not at all compulsory and that he'll deal with the owner asap.

Have sent a mail to the Sales Head of Maruti India and left a message on Facebook and Twitter regarding the same.

Hoping for a quick response from the Maruti team.

Ps - this was the first and the only Maruti car we'll ever buy.
Will never refer this dealer to anyone else either.
Such behavior is unacceptable.

Quote:
Can you please share pics of Black Wheel Cap and your Baleno delta key fob. I couldn't find it on internet.

Thanks in advance
Sorry for the late reply.
Here are the keys for the Delta Variant.

Didn't buy the black rims as I felt they wouldn't go with the Ray Blue Baleno.

Last edited by ampere : 31st March 2016 at 17:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st March 2016, 15:43   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hello.

One of the service engineers at the service centre suggested me to get rid of the floor mat as it may obstruct the path of the clutch. I use 3M Nomad mats. In the attached pic, please notice the encircled area - a patch formed on the area where the clutch hits the mat.
Yes, what your service personnel suggested could be true. I had faced a similar problem with my Manza. The thick floor mat did not allow the clutch pedal to penetrate its maximum. In long term this affected the entire clutch assembly which i had to replace. I also learned that the clutch assembly of vista and manza were born with some defects, may be this was aggravated by those thick floor mats.
Old 31st March 2016, 22:58   #728
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Sorry for the late reply.
Here are the keys for the Delta Variant.
I'm afraid pics of keys have not uploaded yet. Please check.
Thanks and Congratulations for your baleno.
Old 1st April 2016, 15:53   #729
BHPian

Maruti planning to launch more variants of Baleno CVT.

Quote:
Maruti is planning to launch more variants of its Baleno CVT which at the moment is only available with the Delta trim level.The Delta trim level does not have quite a few features like TFT instruments, auto headlamps, alloys, fog lamps, telescopic steering, height adjustable drivers seat, push button start/stop etc- all of which and more which are present in the higher Zeta and Alpha trim levels.This is due to the increasing demand for a better equipped Baleno automatic as customers are ready to pay a higher price for features as well as the convenience of an automatic gearbox.
Source
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 20:46   #730

Hi,

I understand that Suzuki is exporting the Baleno RS to Japan & Europe, but is it the same body & platform, which is available in India? If yes, did they clear any crash tests there to get the certification in those countries?

Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:59   #731
BHPian

The Nexa Sai service, Kochin experience is very bad. Spoke with RM Sandheep three times for a quote. Still no revert. I think their normal showroom guys behave better than Nexa guys. Or could be success of Baleno have caught up their heads. Very bad attitude indeed.
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:06   #732
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki will manufacture the Baleno at the upcoming Suzuki plant in Gujarat as well.
The plant is expected to start rolling out vehicles in 2017.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:25   #733
BHPian

Quote:
I'm afraid pics of keys have not uploaded yet. Please check.
Thanks and Congratulations for your baleno.
My bad !
Here are the pictures.
Front and back.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160402_142111.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160402_142118.jpg  

saravcshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:00   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

A Baleno in Autumn Orange bought by a colleague joins the company parking lot. We have now 3 S Cross's and 3 Baleno's in the parking lot.

The color looks stunning in the Baleno but he has waited for nearly six months to get this color though Silvers etc were offered to him earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160404_101531.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160404_104615.jpg  

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:53   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki will manufacture the Baleno at the upcoming Suzuki plant in Gujarat as well.
The plant is expected to start rolling out vehicles in 2017.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Hope this helps in bringing down the waiting period, we'd booked our Baleno two months ago from Nexa Gurgaon and the response on the delivery is still awaited, on pushing hard the RM mentioned it would still take upwards of 4 months

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks