Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 11:26   #601
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Hi Alok,

The tachometer is standard across all variants. Only Zeta and Alpha get a TFT color display whereas Sigma and Delta get an orange back-lit digital display.

Regarding handling, I have felt that the steering on the Swift is more loose/free than in Baleno.

WRT the spare wheel on Zeta and Alpha, I cannot comment with conviction if swapping the spare to front will help or not. But, the tire sizes are closely matched. So, if you look at the specs of both tyres, you end up with same dimensions on the wheel well.

195/55 R16 - standard
185/65 R15 - spare

The tyre width is slightly more. But the circumference is almost the same, if not exact.
Old 25th February 2016, 11:43   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Hi Alok,

The tachometer is standard across all variants.
The Base variant, in both Petrol and Diesel does not come with a Tachometer but a huge Speedometer which looks ugly.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 13:24   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Base variant, in both Petrol and Diesel does not come with a Tachometer but a huge Speedometer which looks ugly.
This is similar to the speedo console of the Wagon R.

For your reference, the speedo of the Sigma(Baleno's base variant):
(courtesy:www.gaadiwala.com)

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenosigmaspeedoconsole.jpg
arnabchak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 12:16   #604
BHPian

People,

I'd suggest not to buy 3d mats from NEXA. MGA 3d mat quality is very bad. The BALENO sticker has come off in one of the mats in my car just with 4 days of usage. The price of this MGA is 1790 for a set of four. (it does not have boot mat)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160226_100317.jpg  

Horizon85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 21:51   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

As' Made in India' Baleno heads to Geneva auto show, the assembly of Baleno is show through pics,
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_10.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_09.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_08.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_07.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_06.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_05.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_04.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_03.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_02.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti_suzuki_manesar_01.jpg

http://www.autoblog.it/post/779452/s...er-nuova-delhi
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 12:04   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I am currently out of country making a home visit sometime in June/July. I need some advice on booking the Baleno P Alpha right sitting here in front my computer.
I recommend you to get any of your friend visit the showroom and book it for you. There is so much demand that I doubt if the showroom guys have put any process for honoring the bookings done online. Moreover, my friend had very bad experience with Bimal Nexa, he had booked the car on Oct 28th by visiting the showroom but got it delivered yesterday!!

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2016 at 13:04. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 28th February 2016, 09:29   #607

Hi,
I am looking forward to buy a high pressure washer ,although karcher has best reviews however it is costliest of all.I have zeroed in on Bosch AQT 37-13 as this is cheaper than the rest in 37bar pressure range.I would like to know if anyone has used a 37bar pressure washer and is it effective against grit which is stuck under tyre wells ?
owaiskhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 22:01   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaiskhan View Post
Hi,
I am looking forward to buy a high pressure washer ,although karcher has best reviews however it is costliest of all.I have zeroed in on Bosch AQT 37-13 as this is cheaper than the rest in 37bar pressure range.I would like to know if anyone has used a 37bar pressure washer and is it effective against grit which is stuck under tyre wells ?
Plz read 130bars instead of 37bar above
Old 28th February 2016, 22:51   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I recommend you to get any of your friend visit the showroom and book it for you. There is so much demand that I doubt if the showroom guys have put any process for honoring the bookings done online. Moreover, my friend had very bad experience with Bimal Nexa, he had booked the car on Oct 28th by visiting the showroom but got it delivered yesterday!!

Hi, the booking is done through Kalyani motors, Blore. Found the service to be satisfactory. All comm. was done through whats app after I made the online trx. All the necessary docs have been emailed. So over all nothing to complain. The ETD is around end of June of early July. This is still acceptable, the moment delay is beyond 3rd week of July and I am in the cancellation Q.

Btw, what was the bad part of the exp you referred to above ? The waiting period of ~4 months ?
Old 29th February 2016, 02:52   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Btw, what was the bad part of the exp you referred to above ? The waiting period of ~4 months ?
Bimal guys mugged up with the booking, it seems like they registered the booking for S-Cross rather than for Baleno(as seen the booking payment slip). My friend had noticed this error and asked them to change it, though the sales guys assured they would correct it but it seems like they had never really corrected for more than a month or so. The correct booking was registered quite late, my friend had to wait close to 4 months to get the car delivered. It needed n number of showroom visits and 10s of calls in follow-up to get the things sorted out.
Old 29th February 2016, 11:55   #611
BHPian

I am buying a car in India for the first time in years, having returned back after years of living abroad, and need some help. I am worried that my dealer is just jerking me around.

My specific question is that what is the documentation I can demand from the dealer so I understand my position on the waitlist?

I paid the initial booking amount to Bagga Motors in Kotla, Delhi, and have the receipt, so that is fine.

However, when I asked the sales associate for any documentation to show my position on the waitlist he keeps giving me the runaround. Instead after repeated queries he sent me a half a picture (literally !) of a document that I don't even understand. It does not have my name on it, just some numbers.

I escalated to the RM, who promised to get back to me literally within hours, but he too has gone off the radar.

At this point I am not sure about my course of action or even what information I am entitled to, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 29th February 2016 at 12:17.
Old 29th February 2016, 18:45   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
My specific question is that what is the documentation I can demand from the dealer so I understand my position on the waitlist?

I paid the initial booking amount to Bagga Motors in Kotla, Delhi, and have the receipt, so that is fine.

However, when I asked the sales associate for any documentation to show my position on the waitlist he keeps giving me the runaround. Instead after repeated queries he sent me a half a picture (literally !) of a document that I don't even understand. It does not have my name on it, just some numbers.
Best thing that I learnt in past few weeks, go down to the showroom (If you are in delhi) talk to your RM, he will still be clueless, walk down to the manager ask him to look it up on the system and he should have a consolidated list on the screen with the number of cars/variants and color before yours. But again the manager and the RM will not take in any blame and will happily put it on the MS production. However, do the drill to ensure no one cuts the queue to go above yours.

There is just long wait and wait for the car. I have escalated my issue through the NEXA on the dealer and then there was a reply from the showroom manager. Which again puts the blame from RM to me and then to the MS for not sending in the lots as predicted. They've got on my nerves now, I might as well switch to something else in a week or two depending on their response (if they are capable of giving any at all!).
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 19:57   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Best thing that I learnt in past few weeks, go down to the showroom (If you are in delhi) talk to your RM, he will still be clueless, walk down to the manager ask him to look it up on the system and he should have a consolidated list on the screen with the number of cars/variants and color before yours. But again the manager and the RM will not take in any blame and will happily put it on the MS production. However, do the drill to ensure no one cuts the queue to go above yours.
Thanks, looks like I will need to go to the dealer. What weirded me out was the sales guy whatsapping me 'half a picture'- just some numbers on whatsapp with nothing to say that the booking was in my name. If I hadn't know better that felt on par with Nigerian email scams.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 29th February 2016 at 20:00.
Old 29th February 2016, 20:59   #614

Hi, when I lock my alpha baleno using key fob. A red light keeps blinking in interval of 2-3 seconds. This light is at the centre of the dashboard below the touch screen & to the right of hazard light push button.

Does anyone know what is thia blinking red dot light??
Old 29th February 2016, 21:46   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post
Does anyone know what is thia blinking red dot light??
Isn't that the engine immobilizer ( Anti theft security system)?

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th February 2016 at 21:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks