Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 11:43   #556

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I've been told 7 months for the petrol AT by Bagga Auto (opposite Defence Colony, Delhi)
I'm off the Baleno bandwagon!! I just cancelled my booking today after a long wait for the booking done in November. IMO, not worth it. No offense to existing baleno owners.

Those behind me can thank me for reducing their queue!
mpm2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 15:27   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm2015 View Post
I'm off the Baleno bandwagon!! I just cancelled my booking today after a long wait for the booking done in November. IMO, not worth it. No offense to existing baleno owners.

I know it does get frustrating, specially the way nexa is operating it surely is a pain. It looks more like we are the one dying to get hands on while the dealers make profits out of our advances. So which car have you chosen for the stable?
Old 12th February 2016, 15:50   #558
BHPian

Quote:

And I've just joined the bandwagon for the AT. Let's see how long I last
Old 12th February 2016, 16:04   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I know it does get frustrating, specially the way nexa is operating it surely is a pain. It looks more like we are the one dying to get hands on while the dealers make profits out of our advances. So which car have you chosen for the stable?
I have decided to go with a hatchback that has the least demand in the market today but meets my requirements of security (airbags & ABS+EBD), spacious back seat, ample legroom, good after-sales service and low maintenance cost. You guess it!

Quote:
And I've just joined the bandwagon for the AT. Let's see how long I last
Congrats on your booking! 6-9 months waiting, patience....patience is thy name!

Last edited by Zappo : 12th February 2016 at 17:25. Reason: Please don't make back to back posts. Use the multi-quote option to respond to multiple people at once.
Old 12th February 2016, 16:35   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to go with a hatchback that has the least demand in the market today but meets my requirements of security (airbags & ABS+EBD), spacious back seat, ample legroom, good after-sales service and low maintenance cost. You guess it!
A tough guess as there are hardly any cars which have very good after sales service but have least demand. My first thought was Fiat Punto but then After sales disqualifies it !

My guess would be the Etios Liva.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:39   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has to be the Liva. No other car matches the description. Which in turn makes me wonder why it does not sell more.

Good that you got off the Baleno bandwagon. While it is a competent car, in my opinion there is nothing in it that justifies a 6-9 month waiting. Plenty of options.

Especially with the CVT, definitely not worth 6 months waiting. Based on my test drive, I would rate it below the Ford Figo DCT as well as the Jazz. The fact that it comes only in the Delta trim is a big deal breaker.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:48   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Has to be the Liva. No other car matches the description. Which in turn makes me wonder why it does not sell more.

Good that you got off the Baleno bandwagon. While it is a competent car, in my opinion there is nothing in it that justifies a 6-9 month waiting. Plenty of options.

Especially with the CVT, definitely not worth 6 months waiting. Based on my test drive, I would rate it below the Ford Figo DCT as well as the Jazz. The fact that it comes only in the Delta trim is a big deal breaker.
Right. I'm going for the Liva petrol. It does not sell due to its avg. mileage and poor interiors. It's a question of your priorities. To go by the recent crash test results it is a sure buy for me (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3902970)
Old 12th February 2016, 18:45   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Right. I'm going for the Liva petrol. It does not sell due to its avg. mileage and poor interiors. It's a question of your priorities. To go by the recent crash test results it is a sure buy for me
Going a little OT here since I can't PM you. Since you are going for Liva, maybe you can look at the Liva crossover- the Etios Cross. Comes with the 1.5L petrol engine also. There is also a special edition called Etios Cross Dynamique with some cosmetic stuff coming this month as per reports.
Old 13th February 2016, 00:11   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has commenced export of Balenos to Europe. All cars were petrol manual with 1242 cc engine, while the one sold in India is 1197 cc. I think Maruti is exporting Balenos to Europe with K12C dual jet engine which produces 94 ps and 120 nm. Wish Maruti gave this engine atleast for us to differentiate from Swift
Source Zauba
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20160213000719_com.android.chrome.png  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th February 2016 at 00:13.
Old 13th February 2016, 14:43   #565
BHPian

Do not the importing countries insist on a high NACP score before allowing sales?
Old 13th February 2016, 18:52   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Well, others have got it spot on! Congrats on your decision.

I happened to go to Nexa today only to realise that we as consumers are the one who have spoilt the market for us! There were so many ppl in the line for TD the dealer was way to casual about the ppl there was no car for petrol TD added to it ppl were pleading for a TD! Horrible sight it was and for me,I am looking at another month ahead before I can get my hands on it.
Old 13th February 2016, 20:32   #567
BHPian

Quote:

I can understand your decision and the feeling you would have gone through. I purchased a Maruti Baleno (P) Alpha in Dec-15 and have driven over 2000+ kms till now. The car has consistently amazed me with the good driving characteristics, super-efficient petrol engine, comfort and refinement levels, and feature list for the price. While the product has been good, I must say that the NEXA buying experience was very bad and the "take whatever we give or leave it" attitude shown by most dealers was very difficult to deal with. While my RM was very good, the general attitude during escalations and the dealership's management was awful to say the least. One good thing has been the service experience till date - service levels are close to regular Maruti dealers while the buying experience is very poor.
Old 13th February 2016, 21:36   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
........The car has consistently amazed me with the good driving characteristics, super-efficient petrol engine, comfort and refinement levels, and feature list for the price. .............
How have you found the NVH levels, particularly the insulation from outside traffic sounds (horns, etc). I am asking because I just test drove an S cross and found the sound insulation to be below par. The horns from passing cars sounded quote loud.
Old 13th February 2016, 23:15   #569

Quote:
How have you found the NVH levels, particularly the insulation from outside traffic sounds (horns, etc). I am asking because I just test drove an S cross and found the sound insulation to be below par. The horns from passing cars sounded quote loud.
The NVH levels have been pretty amazing. It's one of the features that's impressed me the most. It's pretty silent indoors while driving.
Old 14th February 2016, 00:55   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnath View Post
The NVH levels have been pretty amazing. It's one of the features that's impressed me the most. It's pretty silent indoors while driving.
That's good to know. I think I'll TD it again just to reconfirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks