Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2016, 21:04   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
MASS refused to replace the tyre (post #357)giving several nonsense reasons like 'if vendor refuse to replace these parts we can't do anything', 'tyre, battery wagairah ka koi replacement nahi hota'.

On a side note, I bought a Maruti as my first car as I saw people singing praise of Maruti service all over the web but my real experience was really far from it - both at the time of purchase and later at workshop. I don't know if it was just this particular service station or it is normal but I am really frustrated with their unprofessional service standards and attitude.
The tyres are not easily replaced under the warrantee, whichever be the manufacturer. In this situation (accidental damage to the fender, doors and sideall cut on the tyre), you will get the same response from every car manufacturer.

In my experience, Maruti service is good enough. And with the knowledge and support you get from Team-BHP, it shall be easy to maintain your car.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2016 at 05:22. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 21:18   #452
BHPian

Reading all the posts that the members have posted over the last few weeks, I consider myself pretty lucky to have got the car delivered in 8 weeks of booking it. Swift also had a long waiting period in the recent times. And considering that the Baleno has a long waiting period running close to 6 months now, is Maruti not flexible enough to shift some work load from the swift to the Baleno. No doubt Baleno has already overtaken the i20, if it wants to take bookings off from the i20, Maruti needs to ramp up the production.
Old 24th January 2016, 10:46   #453
BHPian

Hello

I'm sure most of us who've booked the Baleno have asked ourselves this question..

Is the 4-5 months waiting period worth it ?
Is there any other option I can choose from which will be equally VFM ?

I've got little faith in my RM who doesn't receive my calls nor does he show me my position in the waiting list.

The poor response from the sales department really puts me off.
Old 24th January 2016, 16:12   #454
BHPian

Well the concept of the RM's is a tad bit more than confusing and frustrating. I have not been able to get the status of my vehicle since 2 weeks as my RM is on a vacation. None other budge to take up the responsibility. Just wondering do they give the deliveries to the people under the RM who is on vacation So, the update on the vehicle status not be a big deal apparently for the NEXA guys! One of my friend who had booked the vehicle along with me is cancelling up the booking as he needs a car at short notice, guess what? they did not budge to cancel his booking either as his RM is on vacation!
Old 24th January 2016, 18:53   #455
BHPian

Test drove the petrol version today. I came away quite impressed with the features and ride quality. although I did hear 'some' engine noise all the time. And, in contrast to what others have said, I did not feel that it was 'less solid'. I found it better than Amaze in that regard, FWIW. Also, there was a ton of space in the back seat as well.

Overall I enjoyed the experience, but what killed the buzz for me was that the automatic (something I am considering for any new purchase from here on) lost out on a while bunch of features. Some I could do without, others such as the driver seat height adjuster could be a deal killer (as being able to see the ends of the vehicle while driving makes a huge difference to me). Really disappointing as I enjoyed the look and feel of this vehicle.

May still go for it.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 24th January 2016 at 18:55.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 01:55   #456
BHPian

One of my friend and co-worker needed to upgrade his long overdue old car, he was in urgent need of a new car, he visited the forum as a guest and Baleno was the Car which fits everything for him.

His existing car is 18 years old Maruti 800 Std.

saturday evening I took him to Nexa Showroom in Noida, after initial demo, he was very keen in booking the Delta model, but we got surprised when Sales Guy said
we would need 6 months to deliver the Car.

6 Months, Seriously, we kept on arguing even asked him that we could get all the bank loan work done on own, but he said nothing can be done for delivery and it would be nothing less than 5 months, he sounded like a helpless sales guy who was supposed to sell a car which will never reach the owner in near future.

It looked like a good car until we were so very disheartened with this delivery timeline.

Friend is yet to decide whether he would be able to keep his love for Baleno for such long waiting time.

what waiting time you guys have gone through or are offered ?
Old 25th January 2016, 06:56   #457
Senior - BHPian

Was driving behind a top end Baleno variant yesterday for about 2KMs and the LED tail lamps were so captivating. It has great street presence viewed from behind during the night and looked like a different car. Why I am writing this is because, though I love my Ecosport, the rear presence at night is totally unimpressive with its smaller tail lamps
Further this car doesn't stand out during day time as rightly mentioned in Page 1 of this review thread.
Quote:
Baleno doesn't turn heads like a new product usually does. It blends in with the crowd & doesn't stand out:

Last edited by rajeev k : 25th January 2016 at 07:12.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 11:18   #458
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

It is quite exciting for me to make my first post in the forum announcing my newly acquired ride Maruti Suzuki Baleno(Alpha, Petrol, Red Color).
My wife took the delivery of the car on 23rd Jan and the booking for the same was made on Oct 30th 2015 at Pratham Nexa, Bangalore. The sad part being, I could not take delivery in person as I had to travel to San Francisco for work(Hence no PDI done by me).

After the delivery, the car was driven a straight 360Kms to my native home. The ride was told to be pleasant and plush with no hiccups of any sort. Fuel economy gauge reads an average 19.6 KMPL, not sure if it is dependable at this point.

The experience at Nexa was good overall, it was just normal and nothing extra-ordinary or premium. The RM answered most of my follow up calls except during December period when I was pushing for the delivery. I had paid the full on road price in two weeks of booking for price protection and priority delivery, however the delivery schedule was delayed by more than a month.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160123_121326-1.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160123wa0012.jpg

Thanks for approving my membership, I am extremely happy to be part of team-bhp
maverickmano is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 11:58   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Hello BHPians,

It is quite exciting for me to make my first post in the forum announcing my newly acquired ride Maruti Suzuki Baleno(Alpha, Petrol, Red Color).
Congrats on getting your red ride. Just a question from my end. Were the prices not changed in Bangalore at the time of delivery? Irrespective of when the complete payment is made, the price on the day of delivery is considered as the final price. And price protection is one thing which is not seen generally across any cars, let alone one that is new and selling like hot cakes. But if you did get a price protection, lucky for you I believe.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2016 at 05:22. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 16:20   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

After the delivery, the car was driven a straight 360Kms to my native home. The ride was told to be pleasant and plush with no hiccups of any sort. Fuel economy gauge reads an average 19.6 KMPL, not sure if it is dependable at this point.
Congrats on the new car, sir. Your car gives an average mileage of ~20kmpl? That IS good!!

arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 16:25   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Congrats on getting your red ride. Just a question from my end. Were the prices not changed in Bangalore at the time of delivery? Irrespective of when the complete payment is made, the price on the day of delivery is considered as the final price. And price protection is one thing which is not seen generally across any cars, let alone one that is new and selling like hot cakes. But if you did get a price protection, lucky for you I believe.

On the contrary, the price at the time of billing or invoicing is valid. Since the payment had been done beforehand, hence the price that was in December, was valid.
Old 25th January 2016, 17:15   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
On the contrary, the price at the time of billing or invoicing is valid. Since the payment had been done beforehand, hence the price that was in December, was valid.
Agreed. Thats the same mentioned on the price sheets as well. Going a little , but is it possible for any showroom to invoice a vehicle without it being allotted to them from the factory? I thought that they can invoice a vehicle only if they have an invoice from the factory.

If this is actually true, it can help a lot of customers.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:12   #463

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

========
Thanks for approving my membership, I am extremely happy to be part of team-bhp
Congrats
Mine too of the same color but diesel variant
owaiskhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 01:09   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Prices were increased at the time of delivery. But I got it at the launch price as the car was allocated on Dec 30th and the RM had invoiced it the same day for the price protection(I guess otherwise they do invoice it once the car is in dealer yard). Though I had a kind of oral agreement with the dealer about price protection, I cannot say for sure that they would honor it all the time. Moreover it was expected to be delivered before the price hike(within Dec 2015 itself).

Quote:
Agreed. Thats the same mentioned on the price sheets as well. Going a little , but is it possible for any showroom to invoice a vehicle without it being allotted to them from the factory? I thought that they can invoice a vehicle only if they have an invoice from the factory.
If this is actually true, it can help a lot of customers.
I think invoicing before allocation is not possible as they wouldn't be having VIN details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Congrats on the new car, sir. Your car gives an average mileage of ~20kmpl? That IS good!!
Thank you. That's what the FE gauge shows , it was driven on highways 70% of the journey at speeds not exceeding 85 and AC on all the time. A simple fuel tank math shows the readings are seemingly accurate, we had full tank before the journey, after 360kms half tank fuel was remaining(you can see in my picture). So,

Fuel Consumed = 37ltr/2 = 18.5 ltrs.
FE = 360kms/18.5 = 19.45 KMPL
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 09:21   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you. That's what the FE gauge shows , it was driven on highways 70% of the journey at speeds not exceeding 85 and AC on all the time. A simple fuel tank math shows the readings are seemingly accurate, we had full tank before the journey, after 360kms half tank fuel was remaining(you can see in my picture). So,

Fuel Consumed = 37ltr/2 = 18.5 ltrs.
FE = 360kms/18.5 = 19.45 KMPL
Visual inspection is not the right way as far as I know. This is because in my car the first half goes down slowly while the latter half drops like a stone has been attached to it. Do a tank to tank method and confirm the mileage. Anyway am sure the mileage would not vary too much from what has been displayed on the screen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks