Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:52   #196
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Yes the car was parked for a few hours in night. I was sitting in the car waiting for someone and it was really cold so I turned the blower on to make the cabin warm and I let it run for more than 5 minutes but the air was still cold. Can it take more than 5 minutes to heat up?
I hope the engine was ON or Running. Because, the AC and Heaters will not work when the engine is off, it is only the air fan that works. So it may be the reason
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:16   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
I hope the engine was ON or Running. Because, the AC and Heaters will not work when the engine is off, it is only the air fan that works. So it may be the reason
Yes, the car engine was running in neutral.
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:35   #198
BHPian

Quote:
I was talking to my RM a few days back and he told me that I don't need to contact him or anyone in the dealership for repairing, insurance claim or other issues. I can contact the nearest service station directly. By coincidence my nearest service station (Vasant Kunj) belongs to the same dealership. I talked to them today and they asked me to bring the vehicle anytime and they will resolve the issue. I am thinking of visiting them tomorrow. Will update how things go.
Well, I thought MS told the RMs will be the SPOC right from TD's to servicing or at least will co ordinate for it. So seems like Nexa is already down to usual MS showroom.
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:25   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post

I tried pressing the doors with my fingers with as much pressure as possible but there were no such issues like a small dent remaining like a dimple. Infact it did not get pressed inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek chava View Post
I took delivery of my silver baleno petrol Delta Recently ! No doubt it is a good car but Here's the issue that I've faced ! I did do a pdi when taking the delivery and found the car to be in perfect shape but only to my surprise after a week I have noticed really small dents on the doors of the car without actually causing any physical impact , like the ones on the swifts and dzires ( Really small ones )
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, you are the the 3rd one from who I am hearing similar story about the small little dents.

A close friend of mine picked up the Baleno and pinged me about this on yesterday and said even if he presses the body panels with his finger, the dent remains like a dimple and the metal doesn't get back to retain its shape.

He mailed Maruti and then a TSM got in touch with him who asked him to try this on their Balenos. Incidentally, their Baleno has 10 such dents.
This seems to be an issue on my car too.
Tried taking a picture of the same, but it doesn't look very visible on the picture.
Took a video and here it is

2 dimples on the RHS front door.
The LHS front door also has the same 2 dimples.

Don't know when this happened. Probably someone leaning against the car when parked.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:06   #200
BHPian

Guys need your help in deciding between Baleno cvt and tata zest amt. I had almost zeroed in on Zest amt and TD baleno just to check .Now my decision is tilted towards baleno cvt. I do have few questions :

1. Is it possible to add underbody protection for the car( plastic or metal) ? I saw that engine has no protection at all ( a photo of this is posted in review )

2.I am yet to do a longer highway td. How is the highway performance- is it able to reach 120 quick enough and sustain it?The RM has promised to get the demo car after formalities are complete - he brought the demo car direct from yard yesterday and was hesitant about longer TD.

Last edited by sathish81 : 23rd December 2015 at 17:07.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:14   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Guys need your help in deciding between Baleno cvt and tata zest amt. I had almost zeroed in on Zest amt and TD baleno just to check .Now my decision is tilted towards baleno cvt. I do have few questions :

1. Is it possible to add underbody protection for the car( plastic or metal) ? I saw that engine has no protection at all ( a photo of this is posted in review )

2.I am yet to do a longer highway td. How is the highway performance- is it able to reach 120 quick enough and sustain it?The RM has promised to get the demo car after formalities are complete - he brought the demo car direct from yard yesterday and was hesitant about longer TD.
Can you share which Nexa in chennai you got the TD of CVT? I am looking to TD and will be helpful to know which nexa has a CVT TD vehicle.
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:02   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Can you share which Nexa in chennai you got the TD of CVT? I am looking to TD and will be helpful to know which nexa has a CVT TD vehicle.
Hi praveen
You can contact nandanam nexa (popular cars). Currently the td car is not registered and longer td's wouldn't be possible. However you can contact them for shorter TD'S.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:08   #203
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Guys need your help in deciding between Baleno cvt and tata zest.
Baleno CVT is a better automatic car than zest.
But if you expeciting quick acceleration during highway drives, you will disappointed with rubber band effect of CVT. I'd suggest Figo aspire with 6 speed DCT for highway usage over these two.

Last edited by anb : 23rd December 2015 at 19:11.
Old 23rd December 2015, 20:17   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Baleno CVT is a better automatic car than zest.
But if you expeciting quick acceleration during highway drives, you will disappointed with rubber band effect of CVT. I'd suggest Figo aspire with 6 speed DCT for highway usage over these two.
Anb
Thanks for your reply. I do understand and have experienced the rubber band effect in some higher capacity cars in US (not 100kph but accelarating at much higher speeds to change lanes on Interstates). My question is how much is this effect on baleno? I I am cruising at 120-130kph ( my peak speeds on empty roads)and brake or have to overtake and I give throttle- does the car takes lot of time?
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:58   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
This seems to be an issue on my car too.
Tried taking a picture of the same, but it doesn't look very visible on the picture.
Took a video and here it is

2 dimples on the RHS front door.
The LHS front door also has the same 2 dimples.

Don't know when this happened. Probably someone leaning against the car when parked.
Now this worries me. I have booked the Baleno diesel Zeta trim & delivery is scheduled for early Feb 2016. With all the apprehensions about the build quality & reports of dents at the lightest of impacts, I am not sure if I should go ahead with the purchase. Should I pay a lakh more and swap it for a S Cross 1.3 Delta?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th December 2015 at 08:36. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 24th December 2015, 08:24   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the car was parked for a few hours in night. I was sitting in the car waiting for someone and it was really cold so I turned the blower on to make the cabin warm and I let it run for more than 5 minutes but the air was still cold. Can it take more than 5 minutes to heat up?
Yes it can take more than 5 mins to warm up as the coolant (source of heat) needs to reach its operating temperature.

In cold days, as the engine is cold and the heat exchange s better with the air, it takes much longer for the engine heat to be absorbed by the coolant and hence the delay

My GT used to take about 10-15 mins (in early morning Nashik temperatures around 8-10 deg C) to heat up the cabin effectively.
Old 24th December 2015, 13:13   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Now this worries me. I have booked the Baleno diesel Zeta trim & delivery is scheduled for early Feb 2016. With all the apprehensions about the build quality & reports of dents at the lightest of impacts, I am not sure if I should go ahead with the purchase. Should I pay a lakh more and swap it for a S Cross 1.3 Delta?
I would say YES. The S-Cross build and finish is far superior. It's a better car to live with and will definitely age better. Plus the S-Cross offers great ride quality and handling. You definitely won't regret the decision
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 13:19   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I would say YES. The S-Cross build and finish is far superior. It's a better car to live with and will definitely age better. Plus the S-Cross offers great ride quality and handling. You definitely won't regret the decision
Thanks for that note. I have made up my mind and called up the RM. Will be going over to Nexa later in the day to swap my booking. It's going to be a S Cross 1.3 Delta.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 00:31   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that note. I have made up my mind and called up the RM. Will be going over to Nexa later in the day to swap my booking. It's going to be a S Cross 1.3 Delta.
Good decision safedrive0107.
Having driven both the Baleno and S Cross there is really no comparison. The S Cross is superior in every way especially ride quality. You won't regret the choice you have made.
All the best.
Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 09:16   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Your decision has confused me more . I had paid advance for delta cvt on Wednesday - but now worried about safety of the car. I have sent a mail to RM with link to this thread and requested him to escalate it to maruthi for a response. I do know that lighter weight does not always mean less tensile strength - hoping I am proved right as I really liked the car.

If i dont get a satifactory response-have to look at other options (zest amt,aspire,tuv). S-cross isn't an option for me as there are no automatic variants and I had decided quite sometime ago that my next car will be an auto - amt, cvt or torque conversion I don't care as long as it suits my drivablity expectations.

Was searching lfor Baleno NCAP results but couldn't find it- if someone finds a link or have additional info about safety of the car please post.

Last edited by sathish81 : 25th December 2015 at 09:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks