Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 21:02   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Booked a Baleno in first week of june. Got a allotment email 10 days later today.
That was quite fast! Could you share which engine option and variant/color you had booked?
Old 15th June 2017, 00:33   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
That was quite fast! Could you share which engine option and variant/color you had booked?
Zeta petrol. Orange colour.
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 12:30   #2013
BHPian

I have done about 250 Km only since my purchase which was on 21st May. I use my 2 wheeler for office commute hence get to use the car only on weekends. Is this low usage fine for a brand new car ? Last sunday when i took the car out i felt it was little sluggish but after crossing 10 KM it was back to normal. Is this my perception ? Experts and seniors please advise.
Old 16th June 2017, 15:12   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I have done about 250 Km only since my purchase which was on 21st May. I use my 2 wheeler for office commute hence get to use the car only on weekends. Is this low usage fine for a brand new car ? Last sunday when i took the car out i felt it was little sluggish but after crossing 10 KM it was back to normal. Is this my perception ? Experts and seniors please advise.
Deriving from how often my better-half drives her car, and having owned several sparingly used ones. Annual usage of around 1,000 km is enough to keep the engine happy. Just don't keep extended time gaps between Vehicle usage (more than 15 days), as it tends to decrease the battery life, filter clogging, Belt and rubber part deterioration. If your car is parked in shade, low humidity and not too dusty conditions, Your weekend usage is absolutely fine.
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 15:13   #2015

For Underbody Antirust Treatment which one is better , 3M or MGA ?
Old 16th June 2017, 18:31   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
For Underbody Antirust Treatment which one is better , 3M or MGA ?
3M, always. Never buy anything from MGA if you can avoid it. The only accessory worth buying from them is the aerodynamic mudflap kit.

They will claim that the 'basic accessories' are mandatory, but they are not. Another scam to milk customers for high margins using useless accessories.
Old 17th June 2017, 02:25   #2017
BHPian

I'm facing the issue of windshield fogging on the outer side in my BALENO, even after the rain is stopped. Initially i tried to minimise it by using defogger but there was not much difference. Later on i keep the windows down for a long time but it's of no use. And usage of wipers only make things worse. So I'm not sure how to tackle this issue in the most efficient way. Attaching a pic for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-19250880_1399975836718618_1933646910_n.jpg  

Old 17th June 2017, 09:59   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I'm facing the issue of windshield fogging on the outer side in my BALENO, even after the rain is stopped. Initially i tried to minimise it by using defogger but there was not much difference. Later on i keep the windows down for a long time but it's of no use. And usage of wipers only make things worse. So I'm not sure how to tackle this issue in the most efficient way. Attaching a pic for reference
You may find many DIY solutions like brushing the windscreen with toothpaste but I haven't tried any of them. This happens more often if you live in a very humid area, like for instance a coastal city. The key is to try and match the cabin temperature with the outside temperature as much as possible. With the AC turned on, switch to 'fresh air' mode (turn off recirculation) and if it's auto climate control, dial in 24 or 25 degrees. I've also found that this works better if I'm driving fast rather than stop-go traffic. This is not a full-on solution but it'd help alleviate the problem to a large extent.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 12:55   #2019
BHPian

Hey guys, so I'm looking to book one soon. Any problems, niggles or anything worth a concern I should know about? I know the suspension has been mentioned a few times, and it has been replaced for a few here too. How's the experience been like so far?
Old 17th June 2017, 13:38   #2020
BHPian

What could be the reason of Nexa showroom not sending Allotment emails? It has happened with 2 persons recently and with different Dealers.

The Customers are only informed over the Phone and in spite of requesting an email, they're not sending the same.

Recent allottees can reply, whether they're getting Allotment Letter from Maruti Co. or Nexa Dealer?

Will the Dealer have a free hand to give it to any other customer or manipulate the bookings, If there is no official email?
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 14:52   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Hey guys, so I'm looking to book one soon. Any problems, niggles or anything worth a concern I should know about? I know the suspension has been mentioned a few times, and it has been replaced for a few here too. How's the experience been like so far?
I read your review in the RS thread and it seems like you're very impressed with the car but try to take the car over some bad roads to check if the suspension is according to your liking. Some say the suspension problem has been fixed in newer Balenos but there has been no statement from Maruti on this issue.

I own a Zeta MT and it has served me really well. Other than the terrible ride quality especially in the rear, I have faced no problems with it. It is a good family car.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 20:52   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could be muck accumulation on windshield.What happens after you spray and clean it?
Old 17th June 2017, 22:16   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would something such as rainX be of help here? It's supposed to clean up the glass and also help it repel water easily.
Check it out - going to try it on my cars soon too!
Old 17th June 2017, 23:04   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
What could be the reason of Nexa showroom not sending Allotment emails? It has happened with 2 persons recently and with different Dealers.

The Customers are only informed over the Phone and in spite of requesting an email, they're not sending the same.

Recent allottees can reply, whether they're getting Allotment Letter from Maruti Co. or Nexa Dealer?

Will the Dealer have a free hand to give it to any other customer or manipulate the bookings, If there is no official email?
This is exactly what I also wanted to know. Can anybody respond, please? Who sends the allotment emails? The dealer or Maruti?
Old 17th June 2017, 23:41   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
This is exactly what I also wanted to know. Can anybody respond, please? Who sends the allotment emails? The dealer or Maruti?
In my case I received emails from dealer.

Due to some issue I called Maruti and they refused to confirm my car allotment, and asked me to talk to dealer instead

Most Viewed