Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 13:38   #1996
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserajesh View Post
I was checking on the effect of GST on the price and have been told that there could be a 3% increase in the price. Anyone here who can validate the same?
As per latest report, Maruti Suzuki has decided to absorb the cost.

Quote:
I just cannot understand is why Maruti does not offer loyalty discounts unless you actually trade in your car. Anyone here experience the same?
Do not expect any discounts for a car which has long waiting period. If Loyalty discount is available, you do not have to trade in your car. It's only for exchange bonus (but most of the dealers offer it if you just give the RC copy)

Quote:
One final question -- any accessories that are a must?
Basic accessories like mats and mud flaps
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 14:34   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserajesh View Post
Anyone who purchased from Jayabheri Nexa in Gachibwoli in this forum? Have you got any freebies from the dealer?

One final question -- any accessories that are a must?
I bought my Delta CVT from this dealer. Had a pretty good experience with two sales executives - Mr. Dashrath and Mr. Krishna. Mr. Krishna took care of my delivery formalities and is excellent!
No freebies at all. The Zeta variant is pretty loaded, so you don't need any accessories at all. If you're interested you can take the memory foam cushion for the long drives.
If possible try to get your existing NCB adjusted with the new insurance; I was able to save 10k of the insurance cost this way.
And do PM me your mobile number, I'll add you in the Hyd meet TBHP group.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 12:07   #1998
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Do go for an extended test drive of the Baleno CVT and the Dzire AMT. I'm sure you'll fall in love with the CVT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I have not driven the Baleno CVT , but have driven a few other CVTs including the Jazz and the Micra. The driving experience with a CVT will be vastly better, with almost imperceptible shifts, as compared to any AMT out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I have a Baleno Zeta CVT and a Wagon R Vxi AMT which my wife drives. When Maruti launched the Dzire in AMT, was cursing them as feel they should have launched it in CVT. Once you drive both types of automatics you will realise how much better a CVT is over an AMT.
Thanks a ton for all the help guys. Finally booked the Baleno Zeta CVT in the Ray Blue shade

By the way, when is the S-Cross facelift coming? I would be really interested in that if it comes in a petrol automatic variant.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 12:26   #1999
BHPian

Guys has anyone cross shopped between the new Dzire and the Baleno petrol MT? Need to help someone decide between these two. Any inputs would be of great help. Most Probably it will be the Dzire Zxi vs Baleno Zeta

Thanks!

Last edited by imp! : 12th June 2017 at 12:47.
Old 12th June 2017, 13:32   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Guys has anyone cross shopped between the new Dzire and the Baleno petrol MT? Need to help someone decide between these two. Any inputs would be of great help. Most Probably it will be the Dzire Zxi vs Baleno Zeta

Thanks!
Would prefer the Baleno, basically because
UV cut glass
Bigger and better wheels
Better design IMO
Much better MID
Tilt and telescopic steering
Old 12th June 2017, 15:21   #2001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Happy that it turned out well for you.
In my case the entire suspension - front & rear - was replaced, maybe because I emphasised that I was 69 years old & the hard ride was killing my back.
The Baleno feels so smooth now, very near to what my '97 Esteem used to feel like.
Kamal Sir, big THANKS from my side as well . It is because of your post that I was also able to get my 2016 Baleno's rear suspension changed under warranty.

They do not change coil springs, but change Gas struts and the difference is noticeable. Bumpiness is gone and suspension is quieter as well.This has changed overall ride quality to a better level, and has resulted in me carrying higher speeds on same roads (earlier had to slow down due to bumpy nature ).
Old 12th June 2017, 17:01   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Would prefer the Baleno, basically because
UV cut glass
Bigger and better wheels
Better design IMO
Much better MID
Tilt and telescopic steering
Have cancelled the dzire booking and took delivery of Baleno 1.2 Zeta (booked on November). Some more features that score over the Dzire.

+ Puddle lamps
+ Auto dimming IRVM
+ Driver seat height adjustment (not sure if dzire mid variant has it)
+Wider and comfortable seats albeit arm rest.
+ Push start system

I would personally prefer the baleno any day. Gives a premium look but depends upon individual preference.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:46   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Thanks a ton for all the help guys. Finally booked the Baleno Zeta CVT in the Ray Blue shade

By the way, when is the S-Cross facelift coming? I would be really interested in that if it comes in a petrol automatic variant.
Congrats on your purchase!

I had a query regarding Zeta CVT variant. Does it come with 4 speaker or 4 speaker + 2 tweeter configuration. I understand it has a normal HU (non-Touch screen). Is it possible to post a picture of the Zeta variant HU. And finally, does Zeta variant HU display rear camera ?
Old 13th June 2017, 10:08   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Congrats on your purchase!

I had a query regarding Zeta CVT variant. Does it come with 4 speaker or 4 speaker + 2 tweeter configuration. I understand it has a normal HU (non-Touch screen). Is it possible to post a picture of the Zeta variant HU. And finally, does Zeta variant HU display rear camera ?
I own a MT Zeta which has the same HU as the AT. It has 4 speakers + 2 tweeters.

Pictures of the display

Zeta doesn't come with a rear view camera.
Old 14th June 2017, 14:30   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualage View Post
Thanks Shashi. I did see it on the configurator earlier but it is difficult to say how exactly looks in the real world thanks a lot for your pic! That really gives a better idea on how it looks and it does look good.
Are the black wheel caps chargeable? You can just remove the wheel caps(if the rims are black) or get the existing wheel caps painted in black.
Old 14th June 2017, 15:10   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I was being asked to make payment within 7 days whereas I was told that the vehicle would arrive only after 18 days, no promise of PDI inspection.....So I escalated this to Maruti.

I got a call from the Maruti TSM (territory sales manager) explaining that the accessories and Nexa card were not mandatory, and also that my vehicle had already reached the yard

1> Accessories and Nexa card are totally optional, do not let the dealer force you to buy them. I will make a separate post later with a review of some of the available accessories, but the only accessory that I found worthwhile to buy from the dealer was the mudflap kit (which is a neat and aerodynamic hard plastic design)

2> Maruti customer care seems scared of committing anything in writing. But they do respond if you escalate, mostly by working things behind the scenes and making phone calls.
Booked a Baleno in first week of june. Got a allotment email 10 days later today.

In my case also they are asking for full amount upfront. No update on where the car is presently.

Can you tell me
1. How to escalate to Maruti if needed? I always reach some dealers number.
Old 14th June 2017, 16:23   #2007
BHPian

Utter nonsense on the vacuum part. The moment the engine is on, the brake boost should be working. If it is defective, they need to correct it. Get it checked at some other place as well and escalate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
... But he kept telling me to use the clutch as well because vacuum does not get created at slow speeds (didn't understand him clearly). But the problem is during a sudden event, the first instinct is to press brake. Thankfully this only happens during crawling speeds so I might have to get used to it.

Thanks swiftdiesel, you are right about 'seemingly ineffective' because the car stops eventually, its that half or one second delay that causes the panic.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 17:46   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Booked a Baleno in first week of june. Got a allotment email 10 days later today.

In my case also they are asking for full amount upfront. No update on where the car is presently.

Can you tell me
1. How to escalate to Maruti if needed? I always reach some dealers number.
Use the customer care e-mail ID on the Nexa website. Mention your booking number and also the full name and address of the dealer.

Don't agree to pay them anything until you have visited the yard and seen the vehicle.
Old 14th June 2017, 17:52   #2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Are the black wheel caps chargeable? You can just remove the wheel caps(if the rims are black) or get the existing wheel caps painted in black.
It is chargeable around ~2K. The RM was saying that they would actually paint it though from the site it looked like a new cap. Anyway, not planning to do this now.
Old 14th June 2017, 17:57   #2010

I was just researching safety and figured out that the cheapest automatic with 6 airbags in India is the Ford Ecosport at 12.78 OTR Bangalore. It is really sad that Suzuki doesn't even offer this as an upgrade option despite the Euro versions of Baleno having it. They don't have it in the Ciaz either I guess! Interestingly Ford starts 6 airbags with their Figo, though not on the automatic Figo/Aspire for some strange reason.
virtualage is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks