Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:52   #3496
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
usually spend around Rs: 8K - 10K per service at Maruti (not NEXA) service center. I find Maruti service centers charge around 50% of the service amount as labour charge which is quite high. For a change, I want to service the car through these garages.

Getting 0W20 oil is not easy for example, even this is not available in MGP stores. I checked two MGP stores, one in TN and one in KA and on both places they are not keeping this in stock. It is not possible to get it from service center as well for obvious reasons. I am able to procure one from Boodmo.
I am a bit surprised at the service cost that you shared above because usually it costs me around 6k-6.5k per service at the dealer (excluding WA and WB which I do outside for around 800-900) and that too in Mumbai.

Recently even I went for my 70k kms service outside and I have an MGP store near my house and they had 0w20 oil readily available, not sure why it wasnt available in KA/TN.

Also one more point, user manual says to change spark plugs at 40k service. Any reason you getting it changed now? Just curious.
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:09   #3497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
I am a bit surprised at the service cost that you shared above because usually it costs me around 6k-6.5k per service at the dealer (excluding WA and WB which I do outside for around 800-900) and that too in Mumbai.....

Also one more point, user manual says to change spark plugs at 40k service. Any reason you getting it changed now? Just curious.
I changed Spark plugs at 30K kms along with Brake pads so I skipped them at 40K service.

I was charged close to 9K for 20000 kms at Maruti service center.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220222_105730.jpg
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 17:05   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
I just serviced my Baleno (1.2L petrol manual) at 49915KM (~50,000KM service) and want to give some update. The car is now 4yrs and 4 months old.

What I think about the car ?
This is not an exciting car. This is more of a household appliance rather than an exciting automobile. Does the job and that is it. There is no steering feel, poor brakes, thin metal body that gets dents quite easily and the list goes on.

Instead of going too many details, I would strongly recommend anyone looking for Maruti car or Korean car to look for NCAP ratings and get a safer car. It is okay to deal with a rogue guy in the service center once a year rather than driving unsafe cars and get killed in an accident.
I am a bit surprised after reading your post since low maintenance cost along with the ease of getting spares is supposed to be one of Maruti's USPs. Could this be a problem with the specific service centre that you went to?

Also, I have driven my niece's Baleno extensively in Bangalore and even done an Ooty trip in it, so while I agree with you on the absolutely rotten build quality (which also leads to a lack of stability at 3 digit speeds), on the whole I found the car quite nice in terms of ergonomics and space and even the brakes were fine. So could it be that the issue with the brakes is specific to your car?

I have also done Ooty in a friend's Grand i10 and I can say that the K series engine of the Baleno (and possibly a better power to weight ratio) blows the Grandi10 out of the water when it comes to climbing a steep incline (am referring to the road from Masinagudi with the 36 hairpin bends). You did not mention the mileage your car gives - my niece's Baleno usually gives 16 on highways and 12-14 in the city which seems to be on par with many other cars with much better build quality and does not really justify the light construction of the Maruti.
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:17   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
This time, I have skipped Maruti Service center and I went to Bosch service center in Sarjapur. I usually spend around Rs: 8K - 10K per service at Maruti (not NEXA) service center.
I recently completed my Baleno petrol manual's 70K service from a Nexa service center in Trivandrum and it costed me Rs.6.5K including WA and WB. Incidentally this happens to be the highest that I have paid for a service till now (this might be because I usually do not do WA and WB from service center). Not sure why you were being charged around Rs: 8K - 10K per service.

Regarding the car, agree with you on the sheet metal quality but I find the brakes adequate and engine performance nice.
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:53   #3500

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
I recently completed my Baleno petrol manual's 70K service from a Nexa service center in Trivandrum and it costed me Rs.6.5K including WA and WB. Incidentally this happens to be the highest that I have paid for a service till now (this might be because I usually do not do WA and WB from service center). Not sure why you were being charged around Rs: 8K - 10K per service.

Regarding the car, agree with you on the sheet metal quality but I find the brakes adequate and engine performance nice.
I had my Baleno petrol manual's 70k service done at AVG Maruti Pala for 2.6k in november. There was some 50% discount for oil on the day I did service but even if I add that too, it wouldn't go above 3.5k. I have never had any bill for more than 6k in any of the Periodic services . The highest I have paid was for 40k service just over 6k.

Can't understand why you had to pay more than 6.5k.Did it include brake pad replacement?
Old 24th February 2022, 23:22   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
My Baleno CVT makes a bit of a noise too, not only at low speeds but whenever I decelerate or accelerate. Is this normal?

It's not a huge noise but is this something of concern? I mean are CVTs dead silent otherwise?
Apologies for the late reply.

I have observed that the same noise when accelerating or decelerating.

Haven't driven CVTs from other brands. Maybe someone who has driven Magnite or Jazz can comment.
Old 25th February 2022, 15:12   #3502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjacob View Post
Can't understand why you had to pay more than 6.5k.Did it include brake pad replacement?
No brake pad replacement done, below are the list of things done;

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-bill1.png

Name:  Bill2.PNG
Views: 1263
Size:  482.3 KB
y448 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:44   #3503
BHPian

I have 2016 Baleno Delta Petrol Manual. Car's steering has started becoming hard and is creating squeaking sounds on slightest movement. I understand that Maruti had recognised steering issue in baleno in 2018-19 and was changing parts as goodwill.

Is it possible to get the problem rectified under goodwill for my 5+ years old Baleno? Car has done 34k kms only. Please advise.
Old 22nd March 2022, 20:50   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
I have 2016 Baleno Delta Petrol Manual. Car's steering has started becoming hard and is creating squeaking sounds on slightest movement. I understand that Maruti had recognised steering issue in baleno in 2018-19 and was changing parts as goodwill.

Is it possible to get the problem rectified under goodwill for my 5+ years old Baleno? Car has done 34k kms only. Please advise.
Yes, you can get it done even after the extended warranty has lapsed. I got my steering column changed and my car's VIN no. was part of their silent recall. The original cost of steering column change along with labour was 51,XXX

However, I was charged zero.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:03   #3505
BHPian

Hi all,

I own a Maruti Baleno Alpha MT bought in May 2017. Car has covered close to 40k KMs. I have started receiving error messages regarding Parking Sensors on the MID occasionally.

Messages are like "Clean Parking Sensor", "Service Parking Sensor". I had shown to Maruti service, but it did not occur when it was at service center. Messages come occasionally, last for a few minutes and then go away.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I need to visit the service center again, but not finding the time currently.
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:37   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I need to visit the service center again, but not finding the time currently.
Quite common issue it is. Whenever the sensors are covered with dust/dirt/mud the error flashes. All it needs is a gentle wipe to the sensors.
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:41   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Quite common issue it is. Whenever the sensors are covered with dust/dirt/mud the error flashes. All it needs is a gentle wipe to the sensors.
Hi Abhi,
I have cleaned multiple times, even professionally from outside cleaners and regular daily cleaner in apartment. Still get the issue. I don't think it is anything to do with dirt/dust as cleaning was the first thing I did.
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:55   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Yes, you can get it done even after the extended warranty has lapsed. However, I was charged zero.
That's awesome. Service centre told me that they aren't replacing whole steering assembly now, rather they change 4 parts or so. This change was made sometime ago.

Also, Did you email Nexa support or was the service centre able to do it from their end? Can you please brief a little about the process?
Old 23rd March 2022, 00:00   #3509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
That's awesome. Service centre told me that they aren't replacing whole steering assembly now, rather they change 4 parts or so. This change was made sometime ago.

Also, Did you email Nexa support or was the service centre able to do it from their end? Can you please brief a little about the process?
So, when I approached them my car's steering wheel was dead and there was not even an iota of feedback, like you said it's hard too. So, I knew that the issue is with the steering column and cross-checked my car's VIN no with their internal circulated list. So, you can say I went prepared. Initially, SA tried to dodge me saying it's fine, but when I said I know about the issue and I will email NEXA/Maruti if you don't acknowledge the problem, then his tone changed and he called his senior to double-check the steering wheel issue who acknowledged in one Go.
He told me that the part is not readily available and he will order it. Provided me with a timeline of a week after which he called me and changed the part. The difference was of day and night, one thing which I noticed that in Maruti cars, steering wheel self centres itself only on speeds above 15-20 kmph only.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 09:34   #3510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi Abhi,
I have cleaned multiple times, even professionally from outside cleaners and regular daily cleaner in apartment. Still get the issue. I don't think it is anything to do with dirt/dust as cleaning was the first thing I did.
I had this issue on my (now sold) 2016 Baleno Alpha last year. Eventually had to replace one of the sensors. Costed around 2k including sensor, painting and fitting charges. I would have lived without replacing the sensors, but the error message was covering the TFT MID and rendering the whole screen useless and so had no other option at that time.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks