Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 23:15   #3541
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
I have MS Baleno 2019 P Alpha completing 4th year with odo at 33k and is already due for 4yr/40k service. Today I got see a lot of green fluid on my parking floor and when checked the coolant reservoir is having no coolant at all.

Update:

Called ASC Helpline and with thier assistance took the car to ASC, they applied external pressure and found that leak is from top of the radiator. As per SA extended warranty won't cover parts like Radiators, will have to pay 2800rs for the same. Parts has been ordered along with rear and front wipers, should arrive tomorrow

Once the leakage is fixed they will check on the noise. And 40k/4th year service will also be carried out.
Old 18th August 2022, 09:33   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
1. I will be giving for service tomorrow to ASC which is only 2km far. Should I fill coolant or take it directly to ASC without filling.

2. What all should be checked at ASC for this leakage.

3. I am getting some noise from front guessing to be from suspension. I am getting it intermittently even while running in good roads as well.
Do not drive without coolant. Buy a cheap one ~200 RS or atleast fill the coolant reservoir and radiator with water before you start. Possible reason could be a blown/loose hose. Add water. Start the engine & Wait for few mins to see the speed of leak. If the liquid is holding decent levels, try driving it to ASS.

If Lower arms/ Ball joints/Suspension has issue, it will make noise. But if you are getting the sound on good roads, the reason could be something else.
Old 30th August 2022, 22:46   #3543

Baleno 2022 Engine Cover (Underbody) 72410M54T01 vs 72410M54T00

Hello,

I was going through a thread by LeoSashi on XL6 where he mentioned about the dzire engine cover (72410M54T00) that can be used for XL6 with some modification. So I was thinking about doing the same for my Baleno.

But when I was going through the Maruti Spares list for new Baleno 2022 I saw that they had mentioned 72410M54T01 for the 2022 model.

I am wondering if 72410M54T01 can be used with the older Baleno models (mine is 2019) since they use the same platform.

Would appreciate if someone can share their thoughts on this.
Old 4th September 2022, 13:45   #3544

Hello folks,
Would be great to hear if there is a DIY fix to this door padding issue on the front left door of a 2018 Baleno.
Alternatively, if there is any recommended upholstery / workshop in Chennai West that can fix this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!! Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno_front-door.jpeg
Old 5th September 2022, 09:02   #3545
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmal View Post
Hello folks,
Would be great to hear if there is a DIY fix to this door padding issue on the front left door of a 2018 Baleno.
The similar thing happened in my Ciaz, as far as I know, there is only a temporary fix that is you manually place it back in the line, the other option is the OEM way, but they will change all the paddings
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 00:28   #3546

Quote:
Hello folks,
Alternatively, if there is any recommended upholstery / workshop in Chennai West that can fix this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!! Attachment 2354755
Oddly I have the same issue on my Baleno 2016 model at the same place. Any place in Bangalore for upholstery fix would be very helpful.
Old 7th September 2022, 11:11   #3547
BHPian

Re: Baleno 2022 Engine Cover (Underbody) 72410M54T01 vs 72410M54T00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashi_007 View Post
I am wondering if 72410M54T01 can be used with the older Baleno models (mine is 2019) since they use the same platform.
You can go ahead and get this done, there are no major issues, it's just that some of the frame holes won't match the engine cover's(insignificant issue, the cover fits well regardless).

I procured the part myself and had it installed at MASS, it merely took half an hour and I only had to pay extra for the screw and nuts.
Old 7th September 2022, 23:33   #3548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_VR View Post
Oddly I have the same issue on my Baleno 2016 model at the same place. Any place in Bangalore for upholstery fix would be very helpful.
My 2016 baleno is also showing similar signs on doorpads, it may come out anytime soon. Apart from that the car feels tight. Odo reads 43k and the ride feels a little harsh, maybe the tyres have got hard.
Old 11th September 2022, 22:32   #3549

Quote:
Hello folks,
Alternatively, if there is any recommended upholstery / workshop in Chennai West that can fix this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!! Attachment 2354755
I too had this issue on my 2017 Baleno . Wait for a few days and you will some brown particles falling out of that doorpad. I had this issue on both the lefthand side doors. I just took the car to and upholstery shop and he just removed and pasted the cloth back with an adhesive. Have lost the cushiony feel. But for 200 bucks , this is more than enough!
Old 13th September 2022, 15:17   #3550

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjacob View Post
I too had this issue on my 2017 Baleno . Wait for a few days and you will some brown particles falling out of that doorpad. I had this issue on both the lefthand side doors. I just took the car to and upholstery shop and he just removed and pasted the cloth back with an adhesive. Have lost the cushiony feel. But for 200 bucks , this is more than enough!
After a brief conversation with the service advisor from (Popular) Nexa, the car was taken to their workshop and within a few minutes, they glued it back (with foam lining intact) and it was good to go. Its holding good so far.
Old 13th October 2022, 13:15   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Took my 2019 Baleno CVT to Panchgani last weekend. Left Friday at noon and returned Sunday evening.

Route : Matunga - Panchgani - Matunga ( around 530 kms )

Traffic : Low to Medium

Speed : Between 80 - 100 kph with full time AC on.

I got the best fuel efficiency figure till date. Started on a full tank and with 530 kms covered, fuel gauge still showed 1/4 tank full.

Roads included city, expressway, highway and ghats. CVT is a joy to drive if you know how to modulate the 'A' pedal depending traffic condition and road conditions.

The smooth CVT and sensible driving definitely rewards with Fuel Efficiency.

Next Target is Bombay to South Goa ( Palolem ) approx 640 kms on a single tank of fuel. Hopefully in Dec 1st week.

Cheers!!
Attached Images

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 17:07   #3552
Oxy
BHPian

Hi folks,

My Baleno Alpha CVT 2017 model has recently completed 5 years and has crossed 43000 kms. It is still on the stock Apollo R16 tyres and I was wondering if I need to replace those.

Looked around for the Michelin XM2s but couldn't find them anywhere in Bangalore, was told at most places they have been discontinued.

Which is the recommended brand/model of tyres that last long? Any suggestions or reviews from users here would be very helpful.
Old 19th October 2022, 17:36   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Hi folks,

Which is the recommended brand/model of tyres that last long? Any suggestions or reviews from users here would be very helpful.
Had a similar experience while shopping for new tyres for my Vista a couple of months back (August) - while the XM2 was my preference, it was not available. Opted to repeat my last purchase, which was Yokohama Earth1 E400. The earlier set of Yokos had run for 46k+ kms over 4 years and it was a huge improvement over the stock Bridgestones that ran 53625 kms over 5 years but had less grip and a lot more noise. Don't expect the Yokos to run more than 45k kms at most - mine were very worn out when they were replaced. Otherwise the Earth1 is a very good tyre which has a good balance of durability and driveability with lower noise levels, and is probably the best alternative to the XM2. You can always go for the Bridgestone ones (B250) I had as stock if long-lasting is your only criterion - however my recommendation would be the Yokos as they are the better tyres and will still last for more than 40k+ kms.
Neversaygbye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 17:36   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,

My Baleno Alpha CVT 2017 model has recently completed 5 years and has crossed 43000 kms. It is still on the stock Apollo R16 tyres and I was wondering if I need to replace those.

Looked around for the Michelin XM2s but couldn't find them anywhere in Bangalore, was told at most places they have been discontinued.

I replaced the tyres on my delta with Continental UC6. Next best alternative to Michelin.
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 00:04   #3555

Quote:
Hi folks,

I replaced mine with continental UC6. The noise is a little reduced but nothing exponential.
Phoenix_VR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks