Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2022, 21:08   #3571
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post

They look nice. How did you install them? Are they screwed on the metal arm of clutch /brake?
Thanks. I am not sure. The service centre guys installed them while I was in 'customer lounge'. Some of the Bangalore service centre don't allow customers to see the service bays.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 22:26   #3572
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Baleno Alpha CVT will be turning 5 years old in March. I have driven ~14850 KM in the last 5 years.

I have observed in the last couple of months a sound when the steering is turned to the right. This can only be observed after driving the car for 5 KM. You can hear this inside the car and not so much from the outside, I gave the car for service yesterday at Kalyani Motors, Bangalore, they said it would most probably be the bush in the steering assembly or the steering rods. Today they say that the steering motor needs to be replaced and will cost 24K. I asked them to complete the service without the replacement. I want a second opinion. Please advise where I can take the car in south Bangalore for a checkup and what do you think is causing this issue.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 19:57   #3573
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A new issue cropped up in my five-year-old Baleno. The instrument cluster TFT screen stopped working all of a sudden. This issue happened earlier once but when I reached MASS it resolved on its own. This was resolved again by itself. Guys, what could be the issue? Loose connection, heat, low battery ( haven't changed battery till now).
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20230408_1152322.jpg  

Old 24th April 2023, 19:27   #3574
BHPian

Reposting from the synthetic oil thread :

Finished by 6th year service at 47K KM mark on my petrol Baleno two weeks back. This time I could manage to get 0W-20 fully synthetic oil from nexa but I see a total contrast in the way the car drives now.

Car has become quite noisy and is not as rev free as it used to be before the oil change. Did a 700 KM drive post service and was hoping the oil would set in gradually but I see no such thing happening. This is my first experience with a fully synthetic oil and I am disappointed and worried if this may worsen.

Anybody faced the similar situation ? what could be the reason ?
Old 10th May 2023, 19:33   #3575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Reposting from the synthetic oil thread :

Finished by 6th year service at 47K KM mark on my petrol Baleno two weeks back. This time I could manage to get 0W-20 fully synthetic oil from nexa but I see a total contrast in the way the car drives now.

Car has become quite noisy and is not as rev free as it used to be before the oil change. Did a 700 KM drive post service and was hoping the oil would set in gradually but I see no such thing happening. This is my first experience with a fully synthetic oil and I am disappointed and worried if this may worsen.

Anybody faced the similar situation ? what could be the reason ?
Hi Abhi_abarth, I am not familiar with the 0W-20 grade Synthetic Oil. Possibly it is quite new. However, we have been using 5W-40 grade from Castrol Edge(Maruti OEM) on our K12B for some time now, as this was the only fully synthetic blend offered by Maruti, besides the 5W-30 which is actually a lower standard blend. Standing at 85k km's, the NVH is really well contained within the Engine Bay.

New oil might also take some time to blend in with the engine, so this could also be a factor. But should not take as long as 700km.
vishal21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 23:23   #3576
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

5th year (PMS 50) service done on my Baleno:

KMS on the ODO: 30,553
Description of parts changed :
•) Engine Oil 0w20 Castrol
•) Oil filter
•) Drain plug gasket
Total bill amount: 2,982 (I was able to get a 15% discount on labour charges)

Few observations regarding the service :
1) Is the engine oil capacity for Baleno 3.1 Litre? (they charged for 3.2 l )
2) They were changing the oil filter with a K10 filter and I asked them to use only the K00 oil filter which has 8 holes in it. (This happens every time I get the car serviced. Does this make a difference?)
3) The only issue I faced was rear washer was not working which was promptly fixed by a technician.
4) I told them to rotate the tyres since the car was on the lift.
5) SA recommended injector cleaning which I refused. Was that necessary?
6) I did a mini DIY by changing the rear wiper blade rubber from one of the old front blades. (changed only the rubber part)

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20230514_16251901.jpeg

DIY pending :
1) All door/hinges greasing.
2) Caliper pin greasing.

This is how the car looks after the service.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20230513_14391001.jpg

Last edited by vivek2652 : 18th May 2023 at 23:28.
vivek2652 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 15:13   #3577

Actual Fuel efficiency with a CVT gearbox?

I have a 2020 Toyota Glanza-V CVT, done 21,000kms and off-late, driven 99% in city traffic only. It is a nice, spacious car with supportive and comfortable front seats.

Modifications done are:
1. under seat active Subwoofer
2. sound damping on all doors and boot-lid
3. upgraded the tyres on day-1 of purchase to Michelin Pilot Sport4 205/55 ZR16.

It drives reasonably well within the city limits but not exactly relaxing on the highway runs. Overtaking or increasing the speed after a slow down is a noisy and sluggish affair resulting in a delayed momentum. The 'S-mode' be dammed - just adding to the frustration

The engine/cvt/car, somehow feels far from being peppy and is frustrating when trying to speed up in traffic and highway, with the rpm needle moving very briskly without any increased momentum of the car. I know it is the rubber-band effect of the CVT but still, is it that bad?

The actual fuel efficiency is around 17+ kmpl on highways and a mere 8-9 kmpl in city

A friend, who is tyre dealer/retailer says that, the main culprit for the low pick-up and fuel efficiency are the 205/55 ZR 16 tyres. He says these tyres are actually dragging the car.

Recently, "test drove" a Suzuki Wagon-R 1.2NA manual, and boy, it was peppy. Wrong comparison but such a vast difference, because of a different gearbox and bodyshell?

So what's wrong with my car? Need your inputs here people. Is my tyre shop friend right about my tyres?

PS: Mods, posting about the Glanza CVT in the Baleno thread, hope it is fine, otherwise please move it to an appropriate thread.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-tyre.jpeg
Old 20th May 2023, 22:42   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi_Torq View Post
Hey mate, I've a Delta 2020CVT.

I've upgraded from 185/65/15 to 195/60/15

The mileage is 14 in the city and around 19 on highways.

The rubber band effect will be there, i feel the tyres are slowing you down a bit. I suggest a test drive of a CVT Baleno on stock tyres and seeing if that feels any different and if it is worth changing the tyres. Look up spinny etc for test drives.

Good luck!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 07:49   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi_Torq View Post

I have a 2020 Toyota Glanza-V CVT, done 21,000kms and off-late, driven 99% in city traffic only.

Michelin Pilot Sport4 205/55 ZR16[/u].

The actual fuel efficiency is around 17+ kmpl on highways and a mere 8-9 kmpl in city

A friend, who is tyre dealer/retailer says that, the main culprit for the low pick-up and fuel efficiency are the 205/55 ZR 16 tyres. He says these tyres are actually dragging the car.

Recently, "test drove" a Suzuki Wagon-R 1.2NA manual, and boy, it was peppy. Wrong comparison but such a vast difference, because of a different gearbox and bodyshell?

Attachment 2453240
Same use case. 2017 Baleno Alpha CVT with Michelin Primacy 205. The ride and lateral grip during turns is much improved and mileage has not suffered negligibly - 12.5/13+ in daily peak hour commute.

No two ways about it, the CVT is not meant for spirited driving. Try doing the 'double acceleration' trick to reduce the rubber band effect - 1) Bury the throttle fully for 5 seconds 2) Let off the accelerator completely 3) Step on gently to the accelerator and gradually start flooring.
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:20   #3580

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post

The mileage is 14 in the city and around 19 on highways.
That's an awesome mileage for city drives. Maybe I should review my current driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
I suggest a test drive of a CVT Baleno on stock tyres and seeing if that feels any different
Will try and do that mate, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Same use case. 2017 Baleno Alpha CVT with Michelin Primacy 205.....mileage has not suffered negligibly - 12.5/13+ in daily peak hour commute.
Very good to know, that even with 205s tyres, good mileage can be achieved, and I seriously need to look into my current driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Try doing the 'double acceleration' trick to reduce the rubber band effect
I will try this method, thank you for the tip!

Also, I did increase the tyre pressure to 34-35psi and there is a slight increase in pick-up but nothing in the fuel efficiency part.

I am actually on the verge of selling this car and preponing my EV purchase by getting the Tiago EV asap. Currently I am spending INR 3500/- on 32litres of regular petrol at INR 110.46/L and getting a combined range of a 300-330kms
Old 3rd June 2023, 00:31   #3581

Hello. I am looking to replace tyres on my 2016 Baleno Delta (Petrol) as the OEM fitted tyres (185/65 R15) have completed almost 49k kms in last 7 years. The tyre noise is very high now, especially on highways.

Please guide if I can upsize to 195/65 R15 tyres on the current rims (OEM). Calculation wise, it's just a little over 2% difference. I don't want the driving dynamics to change too much.

My shortlisted tyres are:
1. Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51 - 185/65, 195/65
2. Bridgestone Turanza T001 - 195/65
3. Bridgestone Turanza T005 - 185/65
4. MRF Perfinza - 195/65
5. MRF ZLX - 185/65
Old 3rd June 2023, 11:10   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Dhruva View Post
Hello. I am looking to replace tyres on my 2016 Baleno Delta (Petrol) as the OEM fitted tyres (185/65 R15) have completed almost 49k kms in last 7 years. The tyre noise is very high now, especially on highways.

Please guide if I can upsize to 195/65 R15 tyres on the current rims (OEM). Calculation wise, it's just a little over 2% difference. I don't want the driving dynamics to change too much.

My shortlisted tyres are:
1. Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51 - 185/65, 195/65
2. Bridgestone Turanza T001 - 195/65
3. Bridgestone Turanza T005 - 185/65
4. MRF Perfinza - 195/65
5. MRF ZLX - 185/65
I would suggest 195/60/15. Continental UC6
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 11:29   #3583

195/60 would reduce the sidewall height, isn't it?
Old 3rd June 2023, 13:07   #3584
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

For academic information.
My Dads car is a 2019 Glanza V AT CVT.
We got it with Apollo Accelere OEM tyres 195 size. Straight out of the showroom on the day of Delivery we changed these to Yokohama Earth1’s in 205 size and these immediately imparted a much more comfortable and planted ride to that car. In order to save ourselves the pain of our huge speed breakers and potholes, we have installed those Rogerab coil spring pvc buffers. These help by reducing the articulation and thus iniphibiting the vertical travel when the car has 3-4 passengers and luggage in it and when one needs to negotiate those horrible bumps and speed breakers.. In 2022, we made a further change to MRF Perfinza 205’s and these have immediately shown the difference in grip, braking, stability, cornering and comfort.
The CVT gearbox needs to be worked in L and in S mode as needed if one wants to achieve engine braking and when one wants to climb hills at a constant pace and overtaking in a CVT is a bit of a job.
But the Glanza CVT is a supremely comfortable city commuter car. And when driven sensibly, it wafts you along perfectly comfortably and one doesn’t even feel any of the bumps and speed breakers.
Old 3rd June 2023, 19:13   #3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Dhruva View Post
Hello. I am looking to replace tyres on my 2016 Baleno Delta (Petrol) as the OEM fitted tyres (185/65 R15) have completed almost 49k kms in last 7 years.
Hi, looking at your options, you can go with Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51 or the Bridgestone. Yokohama has been performing really well in the Indian market for the overall package they offer. Bridgestone is one of the best for the road grip they offer, but they would generally be a little noisy.

I would not recommend the MRF's as they were already stock on your car and seems like you are not enjoying them that much. As per my experience with MRF's, they tend to harden over time and the noise only increases. Not sure if that has changed over time

We are using Continental UC6 on our Alpha 2016, which we changed at 60k(used Apollo Alnac 4g for the entire time). Having covered close to 25k on them, I can say they have good grip both on wet and dry roads, overall a good package. But they're more noise than the Continental MC5's which I had experienced on a relative's car.
Michelin's are also really soft, which means this is a puncture magnet.
Coming to the stock tyres, the Apollo's lasted a lot longer than I thought they would. Ofcourse I took good care of them. Also, not a single bubble or puncture until the 50k mark.

So in my opinion, you can look for the Yokohama BlueEarth as this provides a good balance. You can also try avoiding the Earth1's.
And please don't fall for the seller's trap. They mostly want to sell you what benefits them. Take your own decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks