Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2023, 00:45   #3586

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Had a strange incident today. Out of the blue today the brake pedal was becoming hard and unable to stop the car in bumper to bumper traffic. I ignored the first time thinking it was one of situation where the vacuum was not created. It happened again two more times and could start to feel it not able to press the pedal completely. Made a stop at Mandovi Wilson Garden.
Initially was suspecting the hose or the pump itself.
Turns out they had a similar issue with a Dezire two weeks back. They mentioned they have to update the programming. Could not make out what the code change was but that did the trick. Rest of day had no issues what so ever.
Phoenix_VR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 17:44   #3587
BHPian

Hello members,
Had already posted this issue in Baleno RS Thread but didn't get any response. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5571326 (Maruti Baleno RS : Official Review)

I have a 32k KM run 2017 Baleno RS, since 1 month my steering has become very hard and making creaking noise even with slightest turning of the wheel. Last week during service I did mention it to my SA at Nexa, He mentioned that replacement for steering assembly is the only solution. He said that there was a provision for free replacement of steering wheel with similar complaint for vehicles less than 5 year old. Now my car is not eligible and they have said they will provide 50% of the cost. Any owners out there who faced similar problems & is there any way that I can approach MSIL to lessen my cost burden?
Thank you.
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:47   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
He said that there was a provision for free replacement of steering wheel with similar complaint for vehicles less than 5 year old. Now my car is not eligible and they have said they will provide 50% of the cost.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4666189 (Rumour: Maruti Suzuki recall for steering column issue)

I don't think there exist any such time constraint on the replacement, most likely the A.S.S is trying to etch some money out of you to cut their losses. I suggest you write an email to Nexa about the same, additionally you can also lodge a complaint with Nexa Customer Care, not promising anything but I think it's worth a shot. The part costs about 17k(with GST), so it's better to try your luck with Maruti before giving in to SA's demands.
Old 6th July 2023, 14:40   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hello members,
Had already posted this issue in Baleno RS Thread but didn't get any response. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5571326 (Maruti Baleno RS : Official Review)

I have a 32k KM run 2017 Baleno RS, since 1 month my steering has become very hard and making creaking noise even with slightest turning of the wheel. Last week during service I did mention it to my SA at Nexa, He mentioned that replacement for steering assembly is the only solution. He said that there was a provision for free replacement of steering wheel with similar complaint for vehicles less than 5 year old. Now my car is not eligible and they have said they will provide 50% of the cost. Any owners out there who faced similar problems & is there any way that I can approach MSIL to lessen my cost burden?
Thank you.
I got my car's steering column replaced when it was 5 years old which means that it was even out of extended warranty as well. Initially, the service advisor was resistant to that but when I said can you give me that in writing, I will write an email to Maruti/NEXA. He called his senior who acknowledged the issue and was ready to get it replaced under warranty. Seems like there is an unofficial recall for this as well. I have that notification which included my car's VIN no but somehow misplaced it now. The cost of the entire steering column was roughly around 48k and labor charges were 4k for which I paid 0.
Old 6th July 2023, 17:37   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4666189 (Rumour: Maruti Suzuki recall for steering column issue)

I don't think there exist any such time constraint on the replacement, most likely the A.S.S is trying to etch some money out of you to cut their losses. I suggest you write an email to Nexa about the same, additionally you can also lodge a complaint with Nexa Customer Care, not promising anything but I think it's worth a shot. The part costs about 17k(with GST), so it's better to try your luck with Maruti before giving in to SA's demands.
Hello,
My SA is very firm on what he is claiming. Will try my best to get it replaced for free.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I got my car's steering column replaced when it was 5 years old which means that it was even out of extended warranty as well. Initially, the service advisor was resistant to that but when I said can you give me that in writing, I will write an email to Maruti/NEXA. He called his senior who acknowledged the issue and was ready to get it replaced under warranty. Seems like there is an unofficial recall for this as well. I have that notification which included my car's VIN no but somehow misplaced it now. The cost of the entire steering column was roughly around 48k and labor charges were 4k for which I paid 0.
Hello,
I have asked my SA to confirm his claim in a writing and he is firm on 50% Discount on parts. Thank you for your input, will see how I can find my way out of this.
Old 8th July 2023, 16:19   #3591
BHPian

UPDATE:-
I did mail nexa about this issue and one of the company representative did call. He was also sure that they would cover only 50% of the cost on a goodwill basis. They confirmed the same on e-mail as well. The reason they stated the same is because my car is out of warranty. One representative had called after we exchanged emails and he said IT WAS NOT A RECALL by Maruti & it was just a circular that only if a customer complains that there is an issue they will replace it for free ONLY IF it is in warranty period.
I fail to understand how can this be right as steering is an critical component, maybe members can make me understand better.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-nexa-mail.png
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 13:42   #3592
BHPian

Can somebody share what's the correct part number for front wheel hub.

Mine got changed to 43401M68P01 (costed 2128 at ASC)

But in the parts catalogue at ASC the part number mentioned is 43401M68P00 for my model.(it costs close to 4000)

I am not sure why they didn't install the latter one.

Car model: 2017 Zeta, petrol.
Old 18th August 2023, 12:01   #3593
BHPian

Hi,
I am owning a 2017 model Baleno Alpha MT and I am facing issues with rear parking sensors.

I had been getting messages on MID to service Parking sensors continuously for few months, finally during yearly service asked to be fixed. They just changed one, cost 1200 or so. But within 10 days, started getting message again. Took it to the service center, they checked and said now the 2nd sensor has failed.

Wondering how within 10 days, this threw an error, and they are quoting 1200 or so for each sensor, if I want to change all remaining as well. As per them, sensors normally last for 5-6 years.

Few questions:
1. Has anyone faced this type of issue and how was it resolved? Is this a common occurrence or unique for Baleno or Maruti cars?
2. Is the cost justified, or can I do from external vendors to see if can get this done cheaper? Car is already over 6 years old and out of warranty.
3. Could this be something done by service center to get more work for them, how immediately after fixing one, second one fails?

Thanks.
yaleen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 00:10   #3594

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
I had been getting messages on MID to service Parking sensors continuously for few months, finally during yearly service asked to be fixed. They just changed one, cost 1200 or so. But within 10 days, started getting message again. Took it to the service center, they checked and said now the 2nd sensor has failed.
I have the same issue but mine is 2016 model. Was considering to get them replaced next month, but seeing your input, might not be the right solution to replace just the one.

Last edited by graaja : 19th August 2023 at 06:33. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only the relevant part of the post
Old 19th August 2023, 07:47   #3595

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi,
Mine 2017 december Baleno Alpha CVT. Got one corner sensor replaced cost 700 if I remember it right. Seems to be right about 5-6 years. Will check the bill and post if it's not 700.

Last edited by graaja : 19th August 2023 at 08:04. Reason: Spelling and grammar, trimming quoted text. Please quote only relevant part of a post
Old 1st September 2023, 15:21   #3596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post

3) Insert new led bulb.The bulb lit up in both polarities (Can any expert guide me how that happened ?)
I was just searching for the usage and application of the puddle lamp in both Baleno and Fronx. So came to your post.

I can answer your question regarding your LED bulb working in both polarities. They might have used a Diode Bridge Rectifier inside the LED bulb. There will be a voltage drop of around 1.4V because of this Bridge Rectifier component.
bobbyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 15:48   #3597
BHPian

I've got this hole in the rear fender liner, is this a cause for concern? Should i get it replaced?

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20230901_154400.jpg
Old 29th October 2023, 13:48   #3598
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The MID on my Baleno is not working properly. These coloured lines appear suddenly whenever I start the car. (This happens intermittently)
MID works fine when in acc/ignition-on mode.
What could be the problem?
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20231029_104606.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroun View Post
I've got this hole in the rear fender liner, is this a cause for concern? ShoIlI I get it replaced
This is not going to cause any issues since the bumper is plastic-only. You will just need to clean the muck a bit harder.
Old 31st October 2023, 17:29   #3599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroun View Post
I've got this hole in the rear fender liner, is this a cause for concern? Should i get it replaced?

Attachment 2498073
I don't think so. This looks like a rusted part. Mine has had a few of them. Never worried
Old 16th December 2023, 11:04   #3600
Senior - BHPian

An Australian's take on the MS Baleno: (this model is powered by the 1.4 L K14B engine)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks